Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

IIRC Vortex Shield is a tc87 class specific armour, so Im sure it'll drop for me with the same frequency as Cathans Seals or Bezerkers Headgear :LOL:

I noticed I have this little piece of weaponry in my whites and greys stash, but I have a feeling it will end up being just as worthless as the shield was haha

Code:
Damaged Grand Matron Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 10 to 54
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 152
Required Strength: 108
Required Level: 58
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xc57ce1b4
+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

Is there some easy source of leech I am missing for untwinked mercs early in the game? I'm using the A2 merc with a Savage polearm. Normally I gamble circlets and hope to find something, but I just wondered if I am missing something.

Is there some easy source of leech I am missing for untwinked mercs early in the game? I'm using the A2 merc with a Savage polearm. Normally I gamble circlets and hope to find something, but I just wondered if I am missing something.
I sometimes put a few skulls in a socketed polearm, but then you don't have much damage. It's not much, but can be done from early levels.

Reactions: maxicek
So I recently finally made a Hammerdin. Years ago when I was into D2, everyone was obsessed with Hammerdins and it seemed cheesy to me or something, but now that Barbs seem to be all the rage, I figured why not.

I can see why everyone was a fan. I have been playing as recklessly as I like at P8 through the game with no deaths and am now running pits in Hell at /p8 with zero survivability issues. The guy just tears through the game, though he's obviously heavily twinked.

I'm only around 270% MF right now, but he could be even more of a tank if I sacrificed some of that. I've never leveled a character past 93, but this is making me think level 99 might be a fun challenge. There aren't a ton of items or runes that I'm really jonesing for at the moment so I could at least see how high I could level this fellow.

I'm sort of glad I avoided some of the classic cookie-cutter builds. I think it might be difficult to enjoy the weird builds I did in the past if I had experienced such easy gameplay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swamigoon and Zyr
@BBS Agonistes The only reason it gets harder as you level is the experience gained decreases. If you haven't already read the SPF 99er Compendium .
Sounds like you might want to take advantage of putting off the Ancients.

Make sure you find him FUN to play, I suspect that boredom is part of the reason so many people seemed to drop by the way side. I'd run with your MF as high as possible while at/p8. Eventually, you will probably sacrifice MF to speed up your run times.

I suspect that you do far more damage than I do, so let's see how long it takes you to catch ARGH who is now 94.25.

Yeah, I know the levels are insanely exponentially challenging as you near 99. I have been reading the 99er thread a bit and it looks like there are more Hammerdins than anything else. That makes yet another a little less cool, but I don't think I'd have a chance hitting 99 with some of those adventuresome builds you guys do! Wolfbarb is awesome to even attempt. :love:

I'm going to see if I can get him to 95 at least. I don't think that should be too hard. 99 may be a long-term thing to come back to. And yes, so far I'm having fun!

I haven't really seen any info on Werebear attack speeds in D2R. I wonder what the attack speeds are for sorcs for example. Best use for it in D2R SP seems to be a Commandomancer now.

I found this, not vouching for any accuracy though:

It gives this for a bear sorc:

IASFPA

If it is correct, that takes a Dual Dream Bearsorc to 8FPA as you can't pack enough IAS for the higher BP.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
D2R will get a ladder reset somewhere in Frebruary. Let's see if they will bring TZ to SP.

Hello all
Happy New Year!
We have seen a good amount of questions related to ladder reset timing for S3. Ladder start times are always important to know in advance for D2 so we wanted to provide a quick update. For D2R, we are expecting ladder reset for S3 to begin sometime in mid-February. We will share more specifics with the community once we have confirmed dates in the coming weeks.
Hoping this helps with scheduling for some for now and we will be following up with more info soon.

• Wow
D2R will get a ladder reset somewhere in Frebruary. Let's see if they will bring TZ to SP.

Hello all
Happy New Year!
We have seen a good amount of questions related to ladder reset timing for S3. Ladder start times are always important to know in advance for D2 so we wanted to provide a quick update. For D2R, we are expecting ladder reset for S3 to begin sometime in mid-February. We will share more specifics with the community once we have confirmed dates in the coming weeks.
Hoping this helps with scheduling for some for now and we will be following up with more info soon.
I hope so as well buf I do not put too much faith into it either

I found this, not vouching for any accuracy though:

It gives this for a bear sorc:

IASFPA

If it is correct, that takes a Dual Dream Bearsorc to 8FPA as you can't pack enough IAS for the higher BP.

EDIT: I'm stupid. Never mind lol.

EDIT 2: Maybe not? Could a sorc with a 6-Shaeled PB and an A1 Merc with Fanaticism could reach 7FPA? The A1 merc would probably be too squishy for a bear sorc, so kind of pointless perhaps.

1673626025836.png

Last edited:
Reactions: maxicek
If correct 75IAS opens up Grief Phase as an option. 20IAS from Gloves, 20 from Highlord’s and off you go. No Conviction though obviously.

Oh right, Infinity on the A2 merc is an essential component of the build. 🤦‍♂️

While researching I found this, which gives similar numbers, but looks a bit more fleshed out. That said, it's for 2.4... not sure if anything has changed since then.:

The Fanatacism got me to thinking--since off-weapon IAS previously wasn't calculated in wereform, 6 Shael PB or Shaeled Griswold's Redemption were the two main weapon folks used. But if the above calculator is correct, a "Beast" Caduceus + 40 off-weapon IAS would also be a viable option for an 8 FPA attack, and would add some decent physical damage and 20% CB.

Last edited:
So I like an hour ago, I finally had my first HR of D2R!

Got OHM rune while questing my zealot somewhere in Great Marsh, which was cool since I usually absolutely hate the jungles. Also funny that I got HR after I had SoJ dropped from Meph and transformed it to Anni with this zealot.

However not that I got it, I suppose Ohm runes are not very useful outside of CTA am I correct? Well either way the first Ohm will be made to CTA.

Now the question is, I know some people are putting it in Flail, some in Crystal Sword. What are the ups and downs of each? I suppose in the grand scheme of things it is not that important but I am curious. I suppose the best option is some nice scepter with holy shield or something, but I don't have base like that and won't be waiting for one for the first CTA anyway.

Thanks for input!

So I like an hour ago, I finally had my first HR of D2R!

Got OHM rune while questing my zealot somewhere in Great Marsh, which was cool since I usually absolutely hate the jungles. Also funny that I got HR after I had SoJ dropped from Meph and transformed it to Anni with this zealot.

However not that I got it, I suppose Ohm runes are not very useful outside of CTA am I correct? Well either way the first Ohm will be made to CTA.

Now the question is, I know some people are putting it in Flail, some in Crystal Sword. What are the ups and downs of each? I suppose in the grand scheme of things it is not that important but I am curious. I suppose the best option is some nice scepter with holy shield or something, but I don't have base like that and won't be waiting for one for the first CTA anyway.

Thanks for input!
Normal base for low str/dex requirements. Rest is personal preference. Can be a good idea to get a base with a different visual from main switch. So you would not accidentally fight with buffing switch.

@Ergro : as @SirName said, it's mostly a visual thing for most people, so they don't attack with the switch weapon. If you are worried by that, I'd recommend using throw item in the left attack of the CtA swap. Then you'll have a big and obvious red button in the interface. If the character says “impossible” or “I can't”, then you'll have another, audible, clue that you are attacking with the CtA.

If you ask me, I always do my CtA on double axes. I don't like the Dex req of the flail, and I have yet another visual clue on the weapon if I'm using a Grief phase blade on the main swap (or HotO, in the case of flails).

Call to Arms has - for the sake of simplicity - 11 possible outcomes: +5 BO, +15 BO, and every whole number integer inbetwixt. Although BCommand and BCry both roll with variable stats, we dont care about those lol.

Since my return to D2 last spring, I have been able to collect a total of 14 CtA rune sets. :cool:

If Ive done the Maths correctly (and its highly likely I havent, natch :LOL: ), I have only a 73.67% chance to achieve the desired outcome (+15 BO) before the maximum number of attempts (n=14) have been exhausted.

1661348869840.jpg

Screenshot023.jpg

• Wow
Call to Arms has - for the sake of simplicity - 11 possible outcomes: +5 BO, +15 BO, and every whole number integer inbetwixt. Although BCommand and BCry both roll with variable stats, we dont care about those lol.

Since my return to D2 last spring, I have been able to collect a total of 14 CtA rune sets. :cool:

If Ive done the Maths correctly (and its highly likely I havent, natch :LOL: ), I have only a 73.67% chance to achieve the desired outcome (+15 BO) before the maximum number of attempts (n=14) have been exhausted.

View attachment 85084

Wait what? Which patch is this? Thought BO level varied between 1-6?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High