Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

In the end, the best CtA bases are War Scepters with useful skill rolls, just because these can save Paladins a couple of skill points. Otherwise indeed it's mostly about visuals basically. In D2R it doesn't really matter with torch and anni, but in LoD I don't like Flails too much tbh because of the dex requirements. Without anni/torch, characters that stay at base dex will have to squeeze in a couple of stat points... or make it in an eth Flail, I did that a few times as well.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
How do you mean? If you're referring to the HS roll some people are after then yes I think they removed those "off weapon type" staffmods in D2R. At least I've seen that Barb helms with WW can no longer drop in D2R, whereas they had a very small chance to spawn in LoD, and HS on Scepters was the same kind of very low odds roll.

But War Scepters with (other) useful staffmods can still drop AFAIK :D things like Vigor, Meditation, Salvation, Fana, Conviction, Blessed Hammer...

How do you mean? If you're referring to the HS roll some people are after then yes I think they removed those "off weapon type" staffmods in D2R. At least I've seen that Barb helms with WW can no longer drop in D2R, whereas they had a very small chance to spawn in LoD, and HS on Scepters was the same kind of very low odds roll.

But War Scepters with (other) useful staffmods can still drop AFAIK :D things like Vigor, Meditation, Salvation, Fana, Conviction, Blessed Hammer...
Yes, I was thinking about the infamous +3 Holy Shield, 5os war scepter. I don't see the other staff mods being really useful for a swap weapon like CtA, to be honest. Or, at least, to justify spending a second Ohm and risking a bad roll unless I have reached the point where I don't care about wasting an Ohm. In D2R, I'd just build my CtA in a universal, low-req base like double axe and call it a day. War scepter look very cool, though.

Lots of other options. HS is nice but I love having Vigor on any non-Hammer PvP Paladin (I lost 6 BO Vigor due to a GoMule mishap a while ago and still mourn it :)). Also FoH/Conviction is a great swap combo for a backup attack without any skill point investment. Don’t get me wrong only 30% or so of my CtAs are in War Scepters, most are in crystal sword, double axe, flail.. but War Scepter is objectively the ideal base. 100% for sure for a beta CtA :D which I think was mentioned here above. I don’t time travel but for a beta CtA I would likely spend dozens of hours just racking scepters to get awesome staffmods.

Yes, I was thinking about the infamous +3 Holy Shield, 5os war scepter.

And I was thinking the very same. In fact, that is why you see so many Hel runes in the screenshot. Last summer, much to my great excitement, I was able to acquire some +3 Holy Shield scepters from the 1.07 lads. Ph33r. :cool: But I have 14 rune sets, and only 3 scepters. So anything that rolls below the desired outcome will unfortunately have to be destroyed. :sad: I may end up keeping a +14, or a +13 if I get really desperate, but I'd be lying if I said I didnt REALLY want that +15

Wow, even as a non-time traveler I’m impressed and curious :) how long did it take you to accumulate 14 beta CtA rune sets? Trading or HF rushing? Can’t remember any concrete times, but from I was told by time travelers it seemed a rather daunting amount of hours for HF rushing even one set.

@BBS_Agonistes
Its much faster to shop in old graphics. You could spam left click on a potion to keep on buying it in legacy, but the click positions for the item and the ok button became offset in D2R - "to prevent misclicks".

And there is also a small delay when purchasing items with right clicks.

The shift-purchase for filling up the belt is fast enough that it doesnt merit toggling the visuals for most of us; but when you are trying to fill up the inventory with potions like the D2R streamers often do in speedruns, you theoretically shave off precious few seconds in each trip to town.

Edit: seems im wrong about the part with click positions. I can see the streamer holding down the enter-key while purchasing the potions, perhaps thats the difference in speed between legacy and D2R?

Edit2: edited after ur post below.
just tried it myself in game.
1. I was indeed correct about click positions. Legacy = spam click without moving cursor.
2. CANNOT hold down enter-key in either game modes.
3. CAN press enter-key instead of clicking "yes"

legacy > D2R = not having to worry about timing click->enter.
Spam clicks and enter-keys = purchase the potion with either the 2nd click or the enter key.

Last edited:
@BBS_Agonistes
Its much faster to shop in old graphics. You could spam left click on a potion to keep on buying it in legacy, but the click positions for the item and the ok button became offset in D2R - "to prevent misclicks".

And there is also a small delay when purchasing items with right clicks.

The shift-purchase for filling up the belt is fast enough that it doesnt merit toggling the visuals for most of us; but when you are trying to fill up the inventory with potions like the D2R streamers often do in speedruns, you theoretically shave off precious few seconds in each trip to town.

Edit: seems im wrong about the part with click positions. I can see the streamer holding down the enter-key while purchasing the potions, perhaps thats the difference in speed between legacy and D2R?
Thanks--I figured it must be something like that, but I couldn't reproduce it myself. I'll try the enter key!

@ffs I traded for the Holy Shield scepters only. Everything else was from the Hellforge - rushed the chars in 1.09d due to no level or Town Portal restrictions, and collect the runes in 1.10s. I cant even remember how many 1x7 sets I did, but it was quite a few. This project was started in March of 2022 and completed (I hope) in Jan of 2023, but due to RL commitments I can only play D2 on weekends. If I had more time to play Im sure it would have been finished much sooner

Do you guys have any tip to stop losing my NM Andariel maps to my muscle memory telling me that I should Enter+H at main menu?

Do you guys have any tip to stop losing my NM Andariel maps to my muscle memory telling me that I should Enter+H at main menu?
In no particular order of usefullness/ uselessness
- A post-it attached on screen telling you not to do it
- remove H-key with force from keyboard
- map H key to something else if possible

• Haha
I subvocalize it / mutter it under my breath before clicking, either "N" or "H". That said, muscle memory is a heck of a thing to override.

Well your could use your mouse and have to click on the WORD Nightmare or Hell. That should slow you down a little and it might help, but if you are like me you would probably still click on Hell!

How about doing a Homer Simpson and go Duh and wack your forhead with a hammer. Maybe having to repeatedly explain to your coworkers why your forehead is dented and bruised would help.

• Haha
How about doing a Homer Simpson and go Duh and wack your forhead with a hammer.
I've never been a fan of the Homerdins (I can't believe you didn't make that joke in a Diablo 2 forum; you're obviously a way better person that I am) so I went with the second most drastic solution:

- remove H-key with force from keyboard
YiNuJ9t.jpg

Playing untwinked Assassin in 1.10s, and like any good hoarder I usually have inventory full of items to sell. So I thought to myself, can you save space by inserting chipped gems into items? Turns out not, any socketed gems seemingly have their price reduced by 50% i.e. a socketed chipped gem sells for 125 gold instead of 250. This probably applies to jewels and runes as well.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High