Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I have a rack in LK dropping Fury Visors. Are there any use for these? I tried researching a little and didn't see much, which leads me to believe they probably aren't so useful.

Got my pally to 52, taking down Andy and Radament still on P8. I'm amazed at how overpowered he is, considering I still have something like 28 unused skill points and really not struggling much. Only troublesome monsters so far are boss packs that have fanaticism/might along with extra strong, but still get through them.
Doing a respec for a Paladin recently made me realize just a few points in Zeal / 1 pre-req in Sacrifice is not all so different damage-wise from maxed Zeal and Sacrifice. Fanaticism and a few points to get to 5 hits really gets a ton of bang for your buck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zyr
The Angelic barb just reached Kurast Bazar WP. He is mid level 31 so that means war cry is now available and being used… a lot!

It means that life is a lot easier all of a sudden. I’m going to put a decent amount of skillpoints on this first to add damage and longer stun. The only bulb that moves is the blue one.

At one point I’ll see myself taking on a more supportive role and let the merc kill most monsters while I’ll just keep them stunned. First I need to see how mana goes without Insight but with Obedience on my merc. I can’t tak off my set so that leaves some serious goodies for him to play with… and a lot of CB won’t hurt then

Crafted another blood gloves. This one had 5% CB instead of 6 but it has 50% more life and Half freeze duration so that’s more important. Since I won’t get anywhere near full immu I’m gonna take on anything with added life

Reactions: Zyr
I have a rack in LK dropping Fury Visors. Are there any use for these? I tried researching a little and didn't see much, which leads me to believe they probably aren't so useful.
A +5 BO is somehow popular. A +6 BO would be insane for some players.

+2 Barb skills
+3 Battle Orders
or
+3 to Warchies
+3 to Battle Orders

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
A +5 BO is somehow popular. A +6 BO would be insane for some players.

+2 Barb skills
+3 Battle Orders
or
+3 to Warchies
+3 to Battle Orders
Put 2 or 3 sockets on any of these two and I would gladly use them on my Angelic Barb… need to get those immunities up somehow

Put 2 or 3 sockets on any of these two and I would gladly use them on my Angelic Barb… need to get those immunities up somehow
Angelic barb?

Edit: Skimming through your posts for the recent past, I see that it's a frenzy barb, but I didn't find a build plan. Do you have a plan and can you link to it? Sorry for my laziness. 😴

Last edited:
Angelic barb?

Edit: Skimming through your posts for the recent past, I see that it's a frenzy barb, but I didn't find a build plan. Do you have a plan and can you link to it? Sorry for my laziness. 😴
Hope this works! The plan is not really set yet but the outline is in the post linked below.

It’s a Frenzy barb wearing the full angelic set (2 swords and 2 rings) and investing in CB a lot

Post in thread '[D2L Quest] Game, Set and Match'
https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/d2l-quest-game-set-and-match.21964/post-131564

Reactions: Triple Helix
Neato! If I may, I'll suggest that Minimum Damage *might* be a useful stat to get some base damage as well. Maybe elemental damage?
True! I was planning to load some poison charms for NM at least. See what I need to have immu maxed and then fill a lot of space with minimum damage and elemental damage. That should help to some degree

Reactions: snickersnack
Doing a Baal p3 testrun for the MFO and him dropping this is a fine start of the day :)
Didnt have one yet and this merc is really in need of something else then a Bonehew.
So Baal p5 testrun is up next... see how this baby goes

edit: finding a Mal and some items that actually are on last years list does help make me feel I can actually score points in this contest :) Just wish my run times on P5 would have been a bit less spread on the last couple of runs. As soon as I encounter a PI the time goes up by minutes... Next time running I will try P3 and see how much faster that goes...

reapers.png

Last edited:
Been gathering data for the MFO. On average I can do P5 Baal runs in 10 mins. Probably less if I ignore everything and just push on.

Most of the qualifiers I found (about 1 every 2 runs) are around the 3 points but hey, they drop so can’t complain. For the next few days I will try and get as much runs done for P1, P3 and P5 and find if I can find the best balance between speed and qualifiers to drop.

Other option is I just try and see how much MF I can load on my pally and still be able to run P1 safe and fast.

Been gathering data for the MFO. On average I can do P5 Baal runs in 10 mins. Probably less if I ignore everything and just push on.

Most of the qualifiers I found (about 1 every 2 runs) are around the 3 points but hey, they drop so can’t complain. For the next few days I will try and get as much runs done for P1, P3 and P5 and find if I can find the best balance between speed and qualifiers to drop.

Other option is I just try and see how much MF I can load on my pally and still be able to run P1 safe and fast.
Maybe I overlooked a few minor details… like Vigor and charge to speed things up a bit more

That will be todays goal

Pally at 72, with all NM baddies dead at P8. Diablo was not too difficult and Baal was a breeze. Because of this build, resistances kind of stink going into Hell later, so might have to make some gear adjustments.

Maybe I overlooked a few minor details… like Vigor and charge to speed things up a bit more

That will be todays goal
Vigor works for me. Charge not so much. Together is a disaster. My fingers get confused and before I know it I charge with fanatism aura active when I want to zeal. So I’ll stick to zeal and switch auras as needed.

Decided to play MFO at P5 because those runs don’t go a lot slower then P3 and the drops are noticeable better so far. Might try a few P7 runs and see if I can get those times lower and maybe go with that

Spent some time tweaking the MFO pally. Decided to lose some levels and put on an Angelic ring and amulet. So the chance to hit Baal went from 64 to 93%

And then he died in the throneroom surrounded by two packs of frenzataurs

After that I worked a bit on the Angelic barb. Who is now in act IV

@Arjan I'd use a different build for MFO, namely some MF build with teleport, i.e. Sorc or Enigma. Successful farming is all about having fast runs. Arguably the only target where it's not as important is Pindle, but even there teleport will be much better. For lvl 85 area running or Baal it's a a night and day difference.

Pally is now 85 and Meph is down. Done everything at P8 except the Countess, but she dropped crap. Best rune drop is a Mal on my way to Meph, but no notable set/uniques. So far, one of the strongest characters I've ever built with little fear of dying even with poor resists.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
@Arjan I'd use a different build for MFO, namely some MF build with teleport, i.e. Sorc or Enigma. Successful farming is all about having fast runs. Arguably the only target where it's not as important is Pindle, but even there teleport will be much better. For lvl 85 area running or Baal it's a a night and day difference.
Yeah, thing is I don’t have Enigma yet and the sorc is not there yet. She’s running LK and hasn’t travelled further through the game.
I also need to get used to teleport. The sorc died a bit too much because I ended up in groups in huts and I couldn’t get out fast enough. So there is still a lot too improve and develope.
That being said: I can’t do that now because I have some serious issues with electricity in my office/gameroom so can’t run the game on my desktop anymore

Yeah, thing is I don’t have Enigma yet and the sorc is not there yet. She’s running LK and hasn’t travelled further through the game.
I also need to get used to teleport. The sorc died a bit too much because I ended up in groups in huts and I couldn’t get out fast enough. So there is still a lot too improve and develope.
That being said: I can’t do that now because I have some serious issues with electricity in my office/gameroom so can’t run the game on my desktop anymore
I’ve been pooping outside the huts when I noticed there’s a mob in there. D2R allows wallhacks. Idk about legacy.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High