Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Ahh yes, the seldom used Martial Arts skill, "Bowels of Thunder". :LOL:

Usually, I'm leveling to 42 with Shenk on Normal, not hitting 42 just before reaching him on NM..
Screenshot003.jpg

I think I found my set-up for the MFO Runner Connie.

PTopaz Great helm
PTopaz Jeweller's Ancient Armor of the Squid
25 MF 18 @ 17 str Amu
2 rare rings with 11 and 13 MF and Res
25 MF Lancer's Gauntlets of Fortune
Nosferatu Coil
Nat Boots
Titan's
Rhyme

which will give me 50@ and 270 MF. Should give me enough FRW and MF to run Pindle+. I tried some Pit Runs, but it spawned Archers 50% of the time, which sucks, so that is out. Additionally, They are one of my most hated enemies, because of some nasty combinations. Any other LI free areas (85s)? I know there is Arcane Sanctuary, just kiting the Ghosts off of the void is a pain and takes forever.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Been using an interesting merc for the Rift-sin I’m playing with my son. I think I mentioned it we picked A5 Frenzy merc with Lawbringer and Voice of Reason for the theme of fast attack and lots of procs, but we added the Delirium helm. The only thing is so many things are triggering constantly that curses are canceling each other out, but enemies are pretty much constantly debilitated in some form or fashion and it looks pretty wild. 😂

I think I found my set-up for the MFO Runner Connie.

PTopaz Great helm
PTopaz Jeweller's Ancient Armor of the Squid
25 MF 18 @ 17 str Amu
2 rare rings with 11 and 13 MF and Res
25 MF Lancer's Gauntlets of Fortune
Nosferatu Coil
Nat Boots
Titan's
Rhyme

which will give me 50@ and 270 MF. Should give me enough FRW and MF to run Pindle+. I tried some Pit Runs, but it spawned Archers 50% of the time, which sucks, so that is out. Additionally, They are one of my most hated enemies, because of some nasty combinations. Any other LI free areas (85s)? I know there is Arcane Sanctuary, just kiting the Ghosts off of the void is a pain and takes forever.
I used a similar set up to run Pindle + on my Furyzon but I didn’t have much luck with other 85 areas.

My barb may not be ready so I was thinking I might do AT with cold sorc or Furyzon for Pindle +. Can’t quite make up my mind yet.

Finally found an Ist, and was able to cube a Gul for Rift! Voice of Reason was a decent substitute, but Rift on my assassin is a different level of fun! I could run the Pit at /p5 with VoR, and can run it now at /p7 pretty safely, and that without great resists!

I used a similar set up to run Pindle + on my Furyzon but I didn’t have much luck with other 85 areas.
Did you run Thresh Socket or any of the A5 SU parallel to pindle? I have a Arreat plateau WP right next to Thresh Socket and due to the loading times on switch i think it may be worth hitting him in addition to Pindle, Shenk and Eldritch.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Did you run Thresh Socket or any of the A5 SU parallel to pindle? I have a Arreat plateau WP right next to Thresh Socket and due to the loading times on switch i think it may be worth hitting him in addition to Pindle, Shenk and Eldritch.
Hadn’t tried Thresh Socket. Did Shenk and Eldritch to level the Zon before attempting Baal and they dropped some nice stuff (can’t really remember what all uniques) with the MF gear on. I felt like they dropped more than Pindle but that’s quite subjective.

So I made a Rift Cadaceus and a Voice of Reason Scourge to try out a Frenzy barb, with Infinity on the merc. It's pretty good; I can run p5 slowly (currently in Act 2 Hell, clvl 80). While thinking about better gear choices, something occurred to me. It's either really genius or really dumb. I don't think there's a middle ground for this. So....

The main idea for what I'll call the Paladin Mercenary is that the merc is the main damage dealer and the character provides support.

Skills

20 Concentration (or Fanaticism for IAS?)
20 Fist of the Heavens
20 Holy Shock
20 Holy Bolt
20 Prayer

Gear

Infinity (no swinging b/c mine's ethereal)
shako
vipermagi (30 fcr)
Magefist (20 fcr)
arachnid mesh (20 fcr)
soj/bk ring
rare fcr ring (10 fcr)
mara's
boots to fill gaps, possibly resists

Charms:

Offensive aura skillers
resists
faster run/walk

This hits the 75 fcr bp. I'm not sure how to get 125 fcr while wielding Infinity.

Merc

Frenzy Barb
Grief PB / Crescent Moon PB
Fortitude (I don't have this in D2R, but it's the obvious choice)
Andy

Basically you run the Concentration aura with FoH and Holy Bolt hotkeyed on left click, then follow the barb merc around hitting enemies near him with FoH, possibly switching to Holy Bolt if his health gets low. If I had two Grief PBs, I'd probably do that, but I think that Static will proc often enough to work well on groups.

Has anyone tried anything like this? Are there any obvious problems or obvious room for improvement? If I had Pride or Last Wish, I'd consider a maxed Conviction aura instead, but I have neither.

I'm interested to hear how that goes! I haven't tried Crescent Moon, but a Lawbringer PB is also pretty devastating in the hands of those Frenzy Barb mercs.

Reactions: snickersnack
@snickersnack - I recently found the guide for an 'Invincible Abbot' Paladin build, which I found quite interesting. With the changes in patch 2.4, I liked the idea of trying the core Abbot build combined with Fist of the Heavens. Truthfully, I don't have all of the ideal PDR gear to really make the Abbot thing work, and my character is more just a FoHdin with a bit of a twist, but there are some similarities to what you're suggesting.

My guy is sitting at level 76 in Act 3 Hell. He looks like this right now:

20 pts in Prayer + 1 pt in Cleansing, which I run as my main aura in more dangerous areas
20 pts in Fist of the Heavens, 20 pts in Holy Bolt, and now I'm pumping points into Conviction which I run when I don't think I need Cleansing
Also 1 pt in Zeal and Salvation as they can both be situationally useful

My main weapon is an 'Insight' staff. FoH / Holy Bolt take down everything that isn't an Animal type, and then Zeal is the fallback option for Animal types. (Though the lightning damage from FoH can take care of small numbers of Animal types, as long as they aren't LI's, especially when running Conviction). Spamming Holy Bolts takes care of bosses. It isn't as fast as Hammers, but it gets the job done.

I've stuck with my Act 1 Rogue merc (Fire) ever since completing Kashya's quest at the start of the game. Most of the game she had a Kuko Shakaku, but more recently I switched her to a 'Harmony' bow. Vigor is a welcome addition with 'Harmony', and it allows her to chip in more elemental damage.

I like the idea of changing to an Act 5 Frenzy merc and letting him do a bit more of the hard work, with my Paladin acting more as a support character. FoH and Holy Bolt still do a lot of damage too though!

Reactions: snickersnack
Okay, well then the only decision to make is whether I want to respec my shock zealot or level a new paladin. I'll have to look at how many respecs I have available for him to decide. He's currently my best Baal runner, so maybe I'll have to farm up a few essences first.

Reactions: little birdy
Okay, well then the only decision to make is whether I want to respec my shock zealot or level a new paladin. I'll have to look at how many respecs I have available for him to decide. He's currently my best Baal runner, so maybe I'll have to farm up a few essences first.
Might as well start a new character. A Pally can fly through the early stages of the game with Holy Fire and Zeal, so it wouldn't take too long IMHO. This character I'm working on started by pumping points in Resist Fire and Holy Fire and used the full Cathan's set for a while, eventually upgrading to a better staves (The Salamander and then 'Insight'). I re-spec'd to the Abbot + FoH build at some point in NM. It's been a cakewalk so far.

Quick question: the crazy repair costs on Superior items are still in effect for D2R, correct? Back in the day people used to say it was only the "Increased Durability" mod that caused this, but I'm fairly certain other mods like straight Enhanced Defense etc. also caused it.

For those that have built fury druids, help. I have a 280ED Ribcracker, but i dont onow what skills/weapons I should be using before i use it if im going melee. Ive never built a fury druid before.

For those that have built fury druids, help. I have a 280ED Ribcracker, but i dont onow what skills/weapons I should be using before i use it if im going melee. Ive never built a fury druid before.
There are lots of different ways to build him, depending on your taste. Here's what I did:

I twinked him with the Sigon's set first and used Civerb's Cudgel until I could equip a regular Ribcracker. Sigon's gave good AR, life leech, etc. Eventually I equipped an up'd Ribby and started switching out Sigon's pieces for endgame gear when the level was appropriate.

For skills, I put points heavily into Werewolf and Lycanthropy with only 1 point into Feral Rage for life steal and FRW, and started putting points into Fury along the way. Also put points into Heart of Wolverine along the way for AR (or you could go Oak Sage for extra party life), and eventually into Summon Grizzly.

At level 91 my skills (without gear) are:
Werewolf: 20
Lycanthropy: 20
Feral Rage: 1
Rabies: 1
Fury: 20

Oak Sage: 1
Heart of Wolverine: 20
Raven: 1
Spirit Wolf: 1
Dire Wolf: 1
Summon Grizzly: 16

I tried some other skill variations first and after playing a while reset to these since I wanted him to be pretty offensive. He's a beast with endgame gear.

Can’t say I’ve built a Fury Druid before… but here’s what I’d do: Since Fury and Ribcracker require level 30 and 31, I would start out as either a Fire Druid or Summoner Druid. Both builds can clear Normal easily even with junk gear. Re-spec to Fury somewhere around end of Normal / early NM.

edit: Or do like Triple Helix suggests! I’m sure clearing Normal will not be difficult as a Werewolf just using regular attacks until you unlock Fury.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High