Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

ATMA gets slow around 1000 items, but I don’t know of an actual limit.

Hi, is there a calculator that spits, after inputting +skills, + single skills, available points

how to distribute the points for maximizing Fireball damage (no meteor).

I make a Blizzard fireball sorc and would like to have that :)

I found this formula as well as Fireball basedamage

Dmge = FireBallBaseDamage x ( 1.23 + ( 0.07 x FireMasterySkills ) + %FireBonus / 100 ) x ( 1 + ( 0.14 x ( MeteorSkillsBase + FireboltSkillsBase ) ) )

Code:
Level                          1-8                      9-16                      17-22                     23-28                    >28
Min Fire Damage          (6.5*slvl)-0.5           (11.5*slvl)-40.5         (14*slvl)-80.5           (16.5*slvl)-135.5        (19*slvl)-205.5
Max Fire Damage          (7.5*slvl)+6.5           (12.5*slvl)-33.5         (15*slvl)-73.5           (17.5*slvl)-128.5        (20*slvl)-198.5

will make a program for that, or is excel better for that purpose? don't really know excel

Look in the Excel section: Calculators by Tienje

mmh slight nitpick, but he forgets +single skills, in particular +firemastery from Tal's orb.

made my own in c++

Still don't know how to calculate the edge cases where you have 5 points for example and already firebolt maxed, sink into meteor (+prereqs) or +5 into FM

Last edited:
@art_vandelay do you know where I can look up the stats of mercs with specific levels?

In my case I want to find out the optimal exceptional base for Insight for a merc.

I have a feeling it's a Bill(low reqs, decent damage), but would like to know (Have no Merc at 27)

Can somone remind me of the interaction between trapsins and the amount of unique/monster packs that spawn? I have tried searching for it, but cant seem to find the information that details... well the details.

@art_vandelay do you know where I can look up the stats of mercs with specific levels?

In my case I want to find out the optimal exceptional base for Insight for a merc.

I have a feeling it's a Bill(low reqs, decent damage), but would like to know (Have no Merc at 27)
I checked this years ago, and while I can't recall the exact reasoning an eth bill was my pick for "best exeptional". Iirc you are a few point too low in strength at level 27, but wearing a hemmed helm with amethysts then wont be a problem. (No monster close to your merc will survive long enough to threaten him at those levels/damage.)

So, I know this has been talked about before, but I had just had the weirdest thing happen tonight. Mfing Meph/Andy in hell, and I found:

3 Bonesnaps
2 Toadflammes
2 Shadow Killers
2 Goldstrikes

Is it good to change the map seed every once in a while to improve your chances of seeing different items? Or am I seeing patterns where there are none?

Last edited:
Did you decide to monitor these items before or after they dropped? I think that is of the highest importance. We often look at the outliers and say "what are the odds of that happening" (e.g. rolling 5 sixes out of 10 on a die) - but since it has already happened when we formulate the quesiton (or rather, since we formulate the question based on this happening), the odds for it is 100%.

So this is probably mostly superstition (or whatever the scientific name for the appropriate bias is). That said, drops in D2 are hardly truely random, so there might still be something to it. :)

Can somone remind me of the interaction between trapsins and the amount of unique/monster packs that spawn? I have tried searching for it, but cant seem to find the information that details... well the details.

Toadflammes
Wtf? :D

I use an ethereal Partizan. Merc wears Eth Twitch with a rare Jewel, this allows him to equip it. Undead crown for leech.
Code:
Twitchthroe 
Studded Leather 
Defense: 73 
Durability: 17 of 17 
Required Level: 25 
Required Strength: 17 
Fingerprint: 0xb8cfe954 
Item Level: 50 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+20% Increased Attack Speed 
+20% Faster Hit Recovery 
25% Increased Chance of Blocking 
+8 to Maximum Damage 
+25 Defense 
+16 to Strength 
+10 to Dexterity 
Lightning Resist +21% Ethereal 
1 Sockets (1 used) 
Socketed: Havoc Talisman 

Havoc Talisman 
Jewel 
Required Level: 25 
Fingerprint: 0x944fac93 
Item Level: 38 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+8 to Maximum Damage 
+6 to Strength 
Lightning Resist +21%

Ah indeed Twitch is nice,

very nice Jool you got in there!

Maybe Undead crown/Wormskull + PA and as armor 4s ancient armor with str socketed and rest resis might be better for elemental areas? (A5 the siegebeasts, and nightmare in general)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High