Adria - Inventory Management System

Re: Adria - Inventory Management System

Thanks for the list smeer, I may actually sit down and redo the static letter recognition function. The process of doing so is a bit of work, and don't have the time atm, but looking at the amount of errors that occur when using it I guess I should ...

I would assume using the dynamic one should remove most of the errors, or at least let you control them enough to limit the needed autofix entries to individual letter replacements for the special cases like gray "u".

When I made the original static letter recognition function I didn't take gray letters into account from the start, I only tried to edit them in after having made a function that worked for the brighter colors.

Some gray letter are split into two parts during recognition, this is because they don't contain bright enough pixels on all vertical lines across the span of their width. The split was not accounted for and is the reason some letters are recognized as two separate letters.

Hey wasn't sure if you guys have seen this yet, but using the OCR snapshot on unidentified set items doesn't seem to work for me. (I tried on Winged Helm and Gothic Plate) both returned blank entries into Adria's database after showing the Item Entry Successful tooltip.
Thanks guys :)

Also, I vote yes to getting a blog type thing setup :) that would be excellent..
Assembla is really nice but i think you have to pay for it :\
Probably something similar that is free though I haven't really looked that much.

I just found this _really_ great program and i found it amazing!
just what i was searching for!

I want first submit a bug:
there're some items being not properly recognized with first try (these of "class N/A"), for example, "Magnus' Skin". (And some items are recognized after few tries.) And i didn't found a way to "recognize" it manually.

and a suggestion/question:
is there any way to _not_ sort items after classes or some other method to get all the set items together, grouped by sets?

@Erendir yes it's great isn't it! :) you can use the search dialog to display all the set items by setting your search type to
"Phrase Match"

and then for the searchbox put in "[g]"
that will display all the set items..but doesn't really solve your grouping request.. not sure there is a way to do that yet.

Hey wasn't sure if you guys have seen this yet, but using the OCR snapshot on unidentified set items doesn't seem to work for me. (I tried on Winged Helm and Gothic Plate) both returned blank entries into Adria's database after showing the Item Entry Successful tooltip.
Thanks guys :)

Also, I vote yes to getting a blog type thing setup :) that would be excellent..
Assembla is really nice but i think you have to pay for it :\
Probably something similar that is free though I haven't really looked that much.
The OCR is always one of the things up for change, I'll have a look at unit sets and see what I can do, once I've got some time.

Don't think assembla is for us, if you ask me we've got enough project management going on only using subversion and the error logging code.
I just found this _really_ great program and i found it amazing!
just what i was searching for!

I want first submit a bug:
there're some items being not properly recognized with first try (these of "class N/A"), for example, "Magnus' Skin". (And some items are recognized after few tries.) And i didn't found a way to "recognize" it manually.

and a suggestion/question:
is there any way to _not_ sort items after classes or some other method to get all the set items together, grouped by sets?
Class N/A means that it cannot find the corresponding base item in the database to determine the class. In short the line where the program get's the base item text from may have an OCR error. You can open the item in the editor by double clicking on it to see if you find the error, or you can go to settings->OCR->error manager, where you have access to some functions to fix errors. Again, sorry about the lack of documentation, don't have time to write it atm.

The columns in the item grid are dragable, just drag down the "class" column from the field above the column headers and drag up whichever one you wish to categorize items with.

Class N/A means that it cannot find the corresponding base item in the database to determine the class. In short the line where the program get's the base item text from may have an OCR error. You can open the item in the editor by double clicking on it to see if you find the error, or you can go to settings->OCR->error manager, where you have access to some functions to fix errors. Again, sorry about the lack of documentation, don't have time to write it atm.

The columns in the item grid are dragable, just drag down the "class" column from the field above the column headers and drag up whichever one you wish to categorize items with.

In settings -> OCR is a button called "Correction manager", but i can't find out how to make an item from different class.

and here is what i see in the "Editor":

Code:
[b]Magnus' Skin
[b]Sharkskin Gloves
[w]Defense: 60
[w]Durability: 14 of 14
[w]Required Strength: 20
[w]Required Level: 37
[b]+20% Increased Attack Speed
[b]+100 to Attack Rating
[b]+50% Enhanced Defense
[b]Fire Resist +15%
[b]+3 to Light Radius
[u]Orphan's Call
[w]Whitstan's Guard
[b]Magnus' Skin
[w]Wilhelm's Pride
[w]Guillaume's Face

ahm................
ok, i just changed first two into [g] and the item was correctly recognized :)

and dragable group-column headers make this program nearly perfect!

ah sorry, early in the morning, meant correction manager of course. It contains the entries for the autofix and levenfix functions, which are used to correct OCR errors.

As the error in question was a color error you'll be better adviced to look over the color settings in the OCR tab of the settings. Basically the program have all the colors specified there, and notice the slider with plus-minus to allow some variation. The program will only detect a line as being in a specific color if it finds a pixel within the specified tolerances on that line. You can use gimp/photoshot or a similar program to extract the RGB values from screenshots*, just get the values from one of the most distinct of the pixels on a letter.

*: pintscreen key + paste, not the screenshots made by the game that are stored as jpeg, since jpeg is a lossy file format.

That said it should be nearly impossible for the program to to mistake green for blue lines since those colors are so far apart, RGB value wise ... not sure what happened there.

Kijya

The name abbreviation tekst does not seem to work
I have some entries like:

[Abbreviations]
Grand Charm;GC
Small Charm;SC
Large Charm;LC

And in the section reduced text, " Name Abbreviations" is tagged.
However the output of my tradelist still prints Magic Grand Charm.

Am I doing someting wrong?

I see an error to correct, thanks :cloud9:

In the meantime you can throw in those abbreviations in the "other tab", the custom replace function is among the last things applied, and it will avoid the conflict I found that name abbreviations has with "no magic names" ...

Hi, I have a quick question:

How would you change the placement of the Defense/Requirements,etc to the end of the line rather than the beginning?

for example, say it said

Rare Boots (Defense: 4, Required Strength: 30, Strength Req:29, 30 FRW, 35 CR, 35 LR)

would it be possible to change it to

Rare Boots (30 FRW, 35 CR, 35 LR / Defense: 4, Level Req :29, Strength Req: 30)?

Thanks!

Hey I think your program is awesome and all but I can't seem to get it to work. I followed the tutorial step by step, I installed everything I needed to. When I have my mule account open, I push F12 and that little screen shows up, I added my character and all that already. But when I push 'insert' nothing happens, I tried everything and cant seem to get it to work :/

Im using windows 7.

Please help me

@sQuarepusher: I may be able to help, but I would prefer if I could get a bit more info before I blindly guess what could be wrong. Please do provide the requested info:

If the guides and videos cannot help then you can ask us directly here. When asking for help resolving an error please post a screenshot (print screen => paste into paint) of how Adria looks just before it happens. Also please post the contents of the error log called "Adria.log" located in your data folder (path found in Adria menu: Application=>Settings=>general tab)[FONT=Arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]

thanks

another question:

when i'm making tradelists and disable requirements/durability/etc., the printout displays commas in their place.

for example, it would say Defense: 5, , or One-Hand Damage: 200 to 400, , , ,

is there a way to remove the commas? i tried using the custom replace feature, but that apparently doesnt work for commas. thanks again

As far as I can see those functions are working as intended, not sure what could be wrong ... cannot spot any error code-wise regarding those functions.

If you can send me your set of textfiles in the data folder ("TradelistStyles.txt" etc) I can investigate it further.

Custom replace seams to work for me, you just use ", , " as the target and ", " as the replacement. Adding a few rows like that to custom replace should remove all double separators between the mods, and adding a ", )" replaced with ")" should clean up the ending if needed, etc.

Alright, sorry about the long wait tkn,

The "coma-coma" problem only occurred when using color coded printout, and it is a byproduct of the "lete]" issue. It will be fixed in the upcoming version I'm planning to get up this sunday, along with a fix for abbreviations while using color codes among other.

[size=+1]I've got some spare time for programming this weekend, now is a really good time to ask for bugfixes![/size]

Kijya not really a bug fix, but if you don't get bugreports... I would really appreciate it if you would look into a solution for metadata for items, characters and accounts.

I would like to add things like:
- character full
- traded item on etf
- socketed with 5/5 facet (eg in the case of a Griffon's Eye)
- crap jewel (curently scaned an item, edited this item to change it to crap jewel and use the clone function. However that way you lose the ability to look for a jewel with specific stats when you want to temporarily fill a socket)
- mule account or character
- mark an item as "not for sale"

Also a new futere option come's to mind:
would it be possible to automatically add "not for sale" to the metadata when scanning an item you are using on your character, and adding the possibility to generate a trade list of all you accounts items except the items you marked as "not for sale".

Kijya not really a bug fix, but if you don't get bugreports... I would really appreciate it if you would look into a solution for metadata for items, characters and accounts.
Should be doable, not sure which would be best implementation, but I'll scrap something together and change it if it turns out not to be good.

All in all I should add:
1 string field for characters/accounts for things like "mule account" or "pvp char" etc
1 boolean variable for characters for marking it as full.

1 string field for items for things like "baal charm" or "crap jewel" etc
1 boolean variable for item marking them as "not for sale"

Adding those to the object classes should not be to much of a problem, the interface for handling them is a bit harder to do. I'll see what I can do as I have some ideas in mind, but no promises yet.

Also a new futere option come's to mind:
would it be possible to automatically add "not for sale" to the metadata when scanning an item you are using on your character, and adding the possibility to generate a trade list of all you accounts items except the items you marked as "not for sale".
Both are fully doable of course, question is how you'd want to control it. How about a simple toggle key for the adding as "not for sale"? I've got some more ideas for it, but don't want to implement them before I do a overhaul of the ingame window.

The tradelist printer should be easy to add that option for. I can add a checkbox for it on the "other" tab so you can turn it on/off from ignoring "not for sale" items.

Adria's doesn't scan Eth Titan's Revenge, it gives a bunch of letter as the name, and my cursor was totally off the image. I also tried moving it around as well, still didn't record.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High