Adria - Inventory Management System

Kijya

Feb 28, 2005
Adria - Inventory Management System

[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2][highlight]Adria[/highlight][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][highlight]Inventory Management System[/highlight][/SIZE]
by JustAPlayer and Kijya

[highlight]What is Adria?[/highlight]
Adria is an item manager and tradelist maker utility program for the Blizzard game Diablo 2. In other words it is designed to ease the creation and maintenance of an ”outgame” database of your ”ingame” items. It also helps you make tradelists for postage on forums.

Note: This program is specifically made by and for members of the diii.net forums. It is designed to not break the rules of the diii.net boards and to provide members with an as legit as possible program for use on the battle.net (bnet) servers. For single player you will be better advised to use SP specific programs such as ATMA and/or GoMule instead of Adria.

[highlight]Who may want it?[/highlight]
Those who actively trades on forums, or someone who has more then just a handful characters. Basically any bnet diablo 2 player who feels the need to organize their items, for their own sake or for the sake of others.

[highlight]Why use it instead of excel/notepad/etc?[/highlight]
This application does provides you with a database interface similar to that of a media player, where artists, albums and songs have been replaced with accounts, characters and items. The big selling point is however the method of how you populate this database. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) allows the program to read the text from a picture and translate it into the text you would otherwise have to type yourself.

Another selling point is the easy to use but very customizable tradelist printer.

[highlight]Is this legit?[/highlight]
Yes, at least from my standpoint. From reading the Diablo EULA and the Battle.net TOS I could only find this point that is somewhat relevant:

[BLUE="Battle.net TOS"]4. Your Use of Battle.net. A. You are entitled to use Battle.net for your own personal use, but you shall not be entitled to
(v) use any third-party software to modify Battle.net to change game play, including, but not limited to cheats and/or hacks; [/BLUE]

1. Adria does not modify battle.net, or Diablo 2 for that matter.
  2. Adria does not change your game play, but rather the things around it. It changes the task of writing down your item information by hand to an automatic process. It provides some information you would otherwise visit Arreat Summit for. Both those tasks don't affect the real game play while you actually ”play”, but they may lower the idle time between playing as your side tasks can be done quicker (assuming you would have done the side tasks anyway).
  3. Adria does not hack the game code, or battle.net. The only communication between Adria and Diable 2 is in the form of a screen capture routine. Adria works with images, not game code, just like any program for recording movies of the game play such as Fraps or Hypercam.

[highlight]Is this a scam?[/highlight]
No … but why would you believe our word for it unless you already trust us? If you're feeling insecure then ask around. I'm sure the other users will know if they've been scammed or not.

That said this program DOES utilize a keyboard hook. Adria uses this hook to allow the user to activate its functions without having Adria in focus. Think of it as how a media player gets to use the media keys of most modern keyboards, "next track" just happens to be "scan item" or "add character" in this case.

[highlight]Is this safe to use here?[/highlight]
This program was specifically designed for these forums, meaning that it must abide to its rules. It doesn't interact with the Diablo 2 game code in any way, and the source code has been inspected by the Admins of diii.net before release.

Still, you must understand that this is an evolving project. We cannot ask for the source code to be looked over at each and every update, unless we make the updates very few in number.

[highlight]So where can I get this?[/highlight]
The program is avialable for download on google-code, which also provides a wiki and a page for you to submit errors.

Google-Code: http://code.google.com/p/adriad2/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdriaDiablo2
Blog: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/blog.php?u=147450
IRC Chat: [server:]
irc.dcloneirc.net:6667 [channel:] #Adria
You can connect either with your favorite irc client or using a web client.

[SIZE=+1][highlight]Video Guides[/highlight][/SIZE]
This section will contain links to video clips showing how to perform most actions, both advanced and basic. It's still under construction, but once complete it should hopefully offer enough guidance to get you started on how to use adria.

Installation(WinXP)
Add/Edit Accounts and Characters
Using Multiscan
Main Interface Manipulation

Feel free to ask for specific guides if there's something you feel in need of clarification. Just be sure to be *specific* when asking, we're aiming to keep these videos short and not make them cover more then one topic each.

Last edited:
Re: Adria - Inventory Management System

Some words about installation:

1. Setup will add 2 files to your system32 folder (in case they don't exist already): RICHTX32.OCX and msvbvm60.dll; these files will have to be registered and therefore setup must be executed under a windows account with enough rights to do that (administrator or power user).
2. Same goes for Codejock controls posted above (administrator or power user).
3. After installation you can execute Adria under any windows account, so when you chose database folder make sure that the user under which Adria will be run has read/write/delete rights on that folder (better full rights).
4. Current version is done for [highlight]English[/highlight] version of D2; it will [highlight]NOT[/highlight] work ok for other languages.

[highlight]Beware: it might take a while to understand how it works (to build the database mostly), but once you get that is pretty easy to use.[/highlight]

We need feedback about installation as well as for the program work flow.
We also need someone skilled to remake the icons for the application.

Graphic designer and testers will be shown in the about box of the application so please subscribe now :D!

Last edited:

Does it extract item infos from the characters that are on Bnet or it works only for single player. Is it in form of

The Spirit Shroud
Ghost Armor
Defense: 279 (Base Defense: 111-126)
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 43
Durability: 24
+120% Enhanced Defense
+1 To All Skills
30% Faster Cast Rate
Magic Damage Reduced By 9-13 (varies)
All Resistances +20-35 (varies)

Does it convert infos into word or notepad. List of items on one character?

It works on bnet (since it uses OCR, which means that it uses screenshots of the d2 window to extract information by looking at the RGB values of the pixels).

The information is saved in a database format used by adria in the form of a number of txt files.

It will be clearer once I get up some screenshots. :wink:

This looks like a fantastic utility for inventory upkeep, most importantly for MP tradelists.

:O

/me auto subscribes thread.

That sounds awesome, I will definitely try that at the weekend ! No more typing endless lists which quickly become obsolete and a waste of time in retrospect ...

*subscribes*

Do you guys think that an IRC channel would be helpful?
For help on usage mostly I guess ...

Very nice work!
Where/when can we post questions, bug reports...?

Brilliant work guys! I am truly blown away by this program :thumbup:. After a couple of false starts (took a while to get used to the controls) I've just finished listing my first character, and man am I impressed by the result!

On a side note, it seems adria can lock onto the D2 window's preview on the taskbar - no idea why it did that (since the program worked properly at first) but it wouldn't recognize the correct window until I disable the window preview option and restarted.
Also as feedback, the program allow the use of dots (.) in account names - not a biggie at all but I assume you'd like to hear feedback ;).

Again, HUGE kudos to the two of you who made this - thanks for the time and effort spent to make this awesome program. You have my undying gratitude as a huge pack rat who frequently misplaces items on mules!

Edit ; After fiddling around with the program some more I have to add - the 'info' tab and the 'see available runewords' option on items were both strokes of brilliance, amazing job guys.

Last edited:

Very nice work!
Where/when can we post questions, bug reports...?
Thanks, the questions and bug reports can be posted here in this thread. :thumbsup:

Brilliant work guys! I am truly blown away by this program :thumbup:. After a couple of false starts (took a while to get used to the controls) I've just finished listing my first character, and man am I impressed by the result!
Glad you like it. :)

On a side note, it seems adria can lock onto the D2 window's preview on the taskbar - no idea why it did that (since the program worked properly at first) but it wouldn't recognize the correct window until I disable the window preview option and restarted.
Fairly certain that it would be possible to fix that, but can't say it's a priority at this point of the development. Hope you can live without that preview for a while.

Also as feedback, the program allow the use of dots (.) in account names - not a biggie at all but I assume you'd like to hear feedback ;).
Indeed, thanks for telling us. Not sure if we should allow dots or not. Since the account names are used as the names for txt file names ... can't say I'm a fan of file names with more then one dot (the dot being before the file extension).

Again, HUGE kudos to the two of you who made this - thanks for the time and effort spent to make this awesome program. You have my undying gratitude as a huge pack rat who frequently misplaces items on mules!

Edit ; After fiddling around with the program some more I have to add - the 'info' tab and the 'see available runewords' option on items were both strokes of brilliance, amazing job guys.
Once again, happy to hear you like it :D

On a side note, do you like the current structure of the ingame info tab? Too be honest I personally think the one present in version 3.0 was easer to use, though there's a lot more info in the one we've got now in 4.0.

when you want to scan items press F12 while you are in the particular d2 window that you want; then it will attach to that one; otherwise it will get the first window with the title specified in the options dialog (which is in your case preview i guess).

personally i use several instances if d2 and it always attaches to the one i am into, even if there are more windows that qualify.

I can't scan keys(D, H, T ones).
Also, whenever I try to generate trade text with Trang-Oul's wing inside trade List I get the following error:
Error 5(Invalid procedure call or argument) on line 26 in procedure MakeTradeList of Module TradeListPrinter

Fairly certain that it would be possible to fix that, but can't say it's a priority at this point of the development. Hope you can live without that preview for a while.

Indeed, thanks for telling us. Not sure if we should allow dots or not. Since the account names are used as the names for txt file names ... can't say I'm a fan of file names with more then one dot (the dot being before the file extension).

Not to worry, both of those were purely informational, not complaints - the preview window issue might help other users who encountered it and I only notice the dot issue since many of my mules have a dot at the end (ie sockets.)...both are far from major problems ;).

Might be useful to note in the manual that the character names we input MUST be different between account...just, you know, in case someone was so amazingly lazy that he though he'd name characters in every account by numbers and only realized his mistake after reaching number 3 on his second account (no, I can't imagine anyone being THAT lazy either :whistling:).
Edit - also, the program can not scan Sander's Paragon.

On a side note, do you like the current structure of the ingame info tab? Too be honest I personally think the one present in version 3.0 was easer to use, though there's a lot more info in the one we've got now in 4.0.
I find it easy enough to use once I got used to the arrow control...can't really compare it to the earlier version since I don't know it. Was it significantly different?

when you want to scan items press F12 while you are in the particular d2 window that you want; then it will attach to that one; otherwise it will get the first window with the title specified in the options dialog (which is in your case preview i guess).

personally i use several instances if d2 and it always attaches to the one i am into, even if there are more windows that qualify.

I actually did that...but the hook window kept opening on the bottom of the screen and kinda...vibrated, while refusing to scan items.

I can't scan keys(D, H, T ones).
Also, whenever I try to generate trade text with Trang-Oul's wing inside trade List I get the following error:
Error 5(Invalid procedure call or argument) on line 26 in procedure MakeTradeList of Module TradeListPrinter
Keys cannot be scanned because they have to little text. Basically the program needs the item description window to be big enough lines vertically so that it can accurately find the right and left boarder of it when scanning for vertical black lines. A single line of text such as a T/D/H key doesn't let the program find the left/right boarders accurately.

Thanks for the notification on the bug, will look into it.

Not to worry, both of those were purely informational, not complaints - the preview window issue might help other users who encountered it and I only notice the dot issue since many of my mules have a dot at the end (ie sockets.)...both are far from major problems ;).

Might be useful to note in the manual that the character names we input MUST be different between account...just, you know, in case someone was so amazingly lazy that he though he'd name characters in every account by numbers and only realized his mistake after reaching number 3 on his second account (no, I can't imagine anyone being THAT lazy either :whistling:).
Edit - also, the program can not scan Sander's Paragon.
We'll probably simply remove the ability to write a name that already exists. Easy enough to fix :thumbsup:

Regarding sanders, not sure why that wouldn't work. Tried to scan it in different locations of the inventory/stash?

I find it easy enough to use once I got used to the arrow control...can't really compare it to the earlier version since I don't know it. Was it significantly different?
Kinda hard to explain how it worked, but instead of a big tree with all the topics you kinda had menus and sub menus ... in a primitive style. Selecting numbers 0-9 to select something from the menu and pressing backspace to go back up one step in the menus.

Nevermind, version 3.0 has had enough downloads so I'm sure someone who has tried both will come around :whistling:

Regarding sanders, not sure why that wouldn't work. Tried to scan it in different locations of the inventory/stash?

Yup, no matter where I moved it the scan failed.

We also need someone skilled to remake the icons for the application.

Just noticed this, now I don't know if I would presume to be 'skilled', but my ps skills are pretty good and I've dabbled with icon creation before :whistling:. PM me what you need and I'll gladly help if I can.

Yup, no matter where I moved it the scan failed.
I'll see if I can find out why it does that. :scratchchin:

Just noticed this, now I don't know if I would presume to be 'skilled', but my ps skills are pretty good and I've dabbled with icon creation before :whistling:. PM me what you need and I'll gladly help if I can.
Sounds good, PM will be sent.

This is a great application! After a few minutes I have it up and running and the only problems so far were quickly fixed by moving the item and rescanning! Was kinda confused when Chance Kaurds came up!! The only problem I have right now is generating a trade list.. I've only been messing with it a few minutes but so far so good!

This is a great application! After a few minutes I have it up and running and the only problems so far were quickly fixed by moving the item and rescanning! Was kinda confused when Chance Kaurds came up!! The only problem I have right now is generating a trade list.. I've only been messing with it a few minutes but so far so good!
Chance Kaurds?

Go to settings->OCR

Click on the edit button next to "Autofix".

Add the line:
Chance Kaurds;Chance Guards

After "[Corrections]" like:
Code:
[Instructions]
This is a document that contains "string pairs" consisting of
a "target" string and a "replacement" string. The program will
simply replace any target string found in the text that the OCR
gets from the scan with its corresponding replacement.

You may edit existing corrections and add your own if you wish;
just add it to the list below the corrections headline. Use
the format:

target;replacement

Typing them on one line and using the symbol ";" to seperate them
is required for the program to understand it. Also do not remove
or alter the corrections headline, as that too is required for
the program understand this document correctly.

[Corrections]
Chance Kaurds;Chance Guards
And ther you go, that scan error will from now on be automatically fixed for you. :wink:

For info on how to make your tradelist see the user manual on page 11 and onward. The manual can be found in the installation directory, or you can open using the help menu of the adria window.

Looks interesting so I thought i'd give it a try. Just tried installing it but when the program launched, adria came up but the codejack purchase/continue with eval remained open and i couldnt select anything. Was also unable to select anything in Adria. After a minute or if i clicked on explorer, Adria would close/stopped responding.

Using Windows Vista 64 Prem

The error was DEP related. I disabled DEP for Adria and also there was some files in codejack that i registered, not sure which one resolved it or both since i didnt test in between those 2 steps. Appears to be working now, I'll post again after i played with it for a bit. Thanks.

ez

A very nice idea, I love it!

However, I am having some problems - I cannot bring up the in-game tabs when I press F12 when I am in a game.

No matter, full screen or not.

Adria only reacts to F12 when Diablo is minimized.

I'm using Windows Vista if that helps.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High