Adria - Inventory Management System

Re: Adria - Inventory Management System

[highlight]Version 4.0.1 released.[/highlight]

Not all issues mentioned in the thread so far have been fixed, but the vista one where the ingame window doesn't lock onto the right window will now hopefully be fixed. Also the item database file extensions have been modified to remove conflicts.

For users who update from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1, look at the included update instructions firstly once you're downloaded the new zip.

In the Update Instructions.txt document it says on point 5, 6 and 7 that you should chance your file extension, instead of change. Not a big deal, just thought you should know ;)

Edit: Some feedback. Running Vista Home Premium with SP1, the window does not lock onto D2 in full screen mode. Works ok in windowed mode. At least as far as I can tell.

Edit2: Adding items does work in full screen mode, but the OCR barely recognise my items. Probably a result of the stretched image by having a widescreen and the messed up video settings. Somehow gold items become yellow.

Last edited:

A little tip for anyone that has lots of characters already in place and upgrading from 4.0 to 4.01. After you have renamed your Accounts.txt file and all your accounts with a .acc ext. Open a command prompt by click on Start>run and type 'cmd' and hit ok. From there you will have to change directory to where the Adria Data file is located. For example on mine looks like this after opening a cmd prompt, I use Vista, xp might be different:

c:\Users\OptimusPrime *I made up the user name...

from here type "cd AppData\Roaming\Adria\OptimusPrime.PCRocks\Data" without the quotes and hit enter. PCRocks is the name of my pc that i just made up for the example. If you used explorer to navigate to the data folder, your exact path should be in the address bar. After you hit enter this should put you into the Data folder for Adria. If you already renamed your account file and your accounts as in step 5 and 6 of the upgrade instructions, the only .txt files that should be in this folder is your characters. These all need to be changed with the extension .chr and we can do this all at once. In the command prompt in the data folder, type "rename *.txt *.chr" without the quotes and hit enter. All your character .txt files have now been changed with the .chr extension. Your done. Launch Adria and enjoy.

ez

Last edited:

Ok, I'm trying to launch and enjoy however. I downloaded the 4.01 zip, the update instructions for 4.01 are there. I uninstall adria, install the new set up file from the 4.01 zip. Follow all the instructions. However, everything is gone after launching Adria. Help>about show the version as 4.0.0. The Readme that pops up after installing only shows the last update as 20090804 - 4.0.0. Not sure if you didnt update the minor version in Adria or the installation readme, but just wondering if this is indeed 4.0.1 and not 4.0.0 still? I copied the backup data folder back and launched Adria, everything is there still. Just wondering if I'm missing something?

ez

Ok, I've installed the latest version of Adria. I'm at the Setup of the codejock software now and am wondering if I have to install all of the components? I'll wait to proceed any further until I see a reply. Thanks for the continued work on this program! Can't wait to get it going again!

Ok, I've installed the latest version of Adria. I'm at the Setup of the codejock software now and am wondering if I have to install all of the components? I'll wait to proceed any further until I see a reply. Thanks for the continued work on this program! Can't wait to get it going again!

I installed it initially without. Than i had problems with Adria launching and it looked like it had depencies on those components, but not sure. I uninstalled Adria and Codejack, didnt see the same errors but I still had problems which I figured out to be related to DEP on vista. Probably doesn't answer your question, but I would go ahead and install them.

ez

Thanks for the tip. Installed everything and Adria is working. I'll tinker with it tomorrow after work.

These all need to be changed with the extension .chr and we can do this all at once. In the command prompt in the data folder, type "rename *.txt *.chr" without the quotes and hit enter. All your character .txt files have now been changed with the .chr extension. Your done. Launch Adria and enjoy.

ez

Nice tip there. Might give it a shot sometime ;)

@DoW: I'm fairly sure I installed without all components, and it seems to be working just fine. Although I can't say I've done extensive testing yet.

you don't have to uninstall old version but remember to point the setup to the correct folder.

Ok, I'm trying to launch and enjoy however. I downloaded the 4.01 zip, the update instructions for 4.01 are there. I uninstall adria, install the new set up file from the 4.01 zip. Follow all the instructions. However, everything is gone after launching Adria. Help>about show the version as 4.0.0. The Readme that pops up after installing only shows the last update as 20090804 - 4.0.0. Not sure if you didnt update the minor version in Adria or the installation readme, but just wondering if this is indeed 4.0.1 and not 4.0.0 still? I copied the backup data folder back and launched Adria, everything is there still. Just wondering if I'm missing something?

ez

Any comments?

I feel we've made a bit of a too rushed release of a new version. JustAPlayer made the adjustments to file extensions of the database and we agreed that the sooner we would upload it the better since less people would have to manually change the file extensions on their old item library.

However, I'm currently in one of my universities exam periods, I don't have enough time to look over and update all the details everywhere, or rather when I did I rushed it and didn't get them all.

Sorry about that, if you wonder if you really have the correct version then check the properties of the exe file, the version will be show there.

Best way to update your version

1. Do not uninstall
2. Rename the files as described (make a backup just to be sure)
3. Install new version and point to the exact same folder as before (data folder) - this one will be fixed in the new setup to remember last used location

Small note about the vid, some background music will be added, and was actually planned for today. However since I'm still at work (18:12 PM) I haven't been able to.

So the file version in the .exe shows as 4.0.0.1, however when I changed the acct/chars file extensions, everything was gone. When I restored the backup of the data file everything was back in Adria. Should I reintall 4.0 and than 4.0.1 than rename the file extensions? Right now i'm running the 4.0.0.1 and the act/char are still configured with .txt.

ez

OMG, this is absolutely awesome ! Once you have set up things, scanning a whole mule needs 30 seconds ! And I LOVE my 24" widescreen monitor :D I just have to get used to switching off OCR when leaving the D2 window.

The installation worked perfectly. Regarding the additional software, you don't need the optional components, it seems they are for developers only.

The OCR engine isn't perfect, e.g. a grey (ethereal) superior small crescent is shown as "si)perior small crescent", no matter where I move it to, but I blame the D2 font for that and that it's grey text because it's ethereal. It probably happens to all grey superior items.

Adria adds my unid Mavina's bow to the N/A class while it's actually an amazon bow. The OCR worked perfectly on it.

The tutorial says at about 0:37 that you have to type a name and press enter for a character, but it should say that you are adding an account that way. It should also be mentioned that you have to press F8 before, as the windows comes up with the items tab. Also, OCR will only start if you activate an account in the F7 tab.

The "About" dialog says that it's Adria 4.0.0 while I actually installed the 4.0.1 archive. People might think I'm nitpicking here, but I know that wrong version info can lead to a lot of confusion, in particular for the developer :azn:

Maybe I'm blind, but how do I edit account and character names ?

I haven't read all of the thread so far, so if this isn't new, forget it ;)

* going to scan all mules now !! *

I can't seem to get it to scan properly. Do you guys do it in Windowed mode?

After using it for a some time catched 2 bugs:
1. After adding 4-6 items in database the program stops reacting on any keyhook ;) F12,Insert - don't working.. So i have to restart it and continue the scan :)
2. It's actually stopped launching at all now. Just floating on the taskbar but no main window appears.

I am using Windows 7 RC, maybe it's because of that?

p.s sorry for my english ;)

about m'avina bow - i'm sure that second line is missing or wrong (the gray line showing the type of the item); you will have to edit it manually. this happens from time to time for gray lines. same for wrong chars - correct them by hand in the editor box.

about editing chars - it is not possible right now in program (you will have to rename the file and also rename the char in the account file). a future version will add this functionality and some new properties for a char (realm, if is soft or hard, classic or lod)

regarding win 7 - it was not tested so i have no idea

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High