Adria - Inventory Management System

Re: Adria - Inventory Management System

Some more feedback... the underscore _ doesn't appear to work when creating a name. Most of my char are xxx_xxxx. Only the hyphen works. Caps is kinda slow to react. Not sure if that is something that can corrected though.

Finally, it works for a while. With D2 running in a window and your in a game, you hit f12 to bring up the in game window. Seems after a couple of uses it pops up outside of the d2 window instead of in one of the corners. Scanning doesn't work at this point. Any ideas if i'm doing something incorrect or how to move it back. Closing out d2 or Adria doesn't resolve this, i have to restart my pc to get it to work again for a while.

windows vista 64 prem
8gb mem

A very nice idea, I love it!

However, I am having some problems - I cannot bring up the in-game tabs when I press F12 when I am in a game.

No matter, full screen or not.

Adria only reacts to F12 when Diablo is minimized.

I'm using Windows Vista if that helps.
I'm not a vista user myself, and I'm sure justaplayer will be able to give a better answer to this one... but to me it sounds like adria has been refused to use the keyhook. It could be your security settings in windows that interferes.

Some more feedback... the underscore _ doesn't appear to work when creating a name. Most of my char are xxx_xxxx. Only the hyphen works. Caps is kinda slow to react. Not sure if that is something that can corrected though.

Finally, it works for a while. With D2 running in a window and your in a game, you hit f12 to bring up the in game window. Seems after a couple of uses it pops up outside of the d2 window instead of in one of the corners. Scanning doesn't work at this point. Any ideas if i'm doing something incorrect or how to move it back. Closing out d2 or Adria doesn't resolve this, i have to restart my pc to get it to work again for a while.

windows vista 64 prem
8gb mem
Regarding the underscore, I'm sure we can sort it out somehow. As for the problem with that the window doesn't appear correctly, I'll once again leave vista issues in the hands of justaplayer :whistling:

This says its a 30 day eval of the software. Will Adria still work after that?
Yes, even when the trial expires adria will still work.

Ok, so the underscore appears to be working, maybe it was the same thing as I was seeing with caps and took a minute. But the issue still remains with the window appearing outside of the d2 window and ceases to scan, this still occurs. I went through several accts/chars with no problems and this time, these were the only 2 programs I had open and I never went back to the Adria program, just stuck with the d2 window.

So I got a RD, too many too quick and left my pc for a bit, now its not working again so I will be restarting again as I dont know of another work around at the moment...Should be done shortly so i can check out the other features. Any other ideas, justaplayer?

ez

Oh, i forgot earlier...

Thanks a TON for this program. Its an incredible time saver, and once its set up its very effective and easy to manage.

Is there a mailing list to be notified for updates?

Ok, seems pretty nice. Some other quirks like several items being mis parsed and end up in the N/A section. Do you need to slow down when moving the mouse over the items? The names/classes of the items on a few items seems not to get read correctly. Easy to edit which it correctly puts back into the correct class. Seems to have a problem with Tal's orb, here's what it sees, i had 5 of these and it did the same for all:

+2 to Lightning Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Fire Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+10 to Energy
+57 to Life
+77 to Mana
Tal Rasha's Wrappings
[g]Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
[w]Tal Rasha's Guardianship
[g]Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye
[y]Tal Rasha's Adjudication
[w]Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth

Under one of the accounts I added, I've added 8 characters but the names have been modifed. For example

Named: Yoyo
new name displayed {XKDJ3K2L-VKL4-AAAA-LLLL-12KD3IE9K4LS};[w]yoyo

it did this for all the characters in the one acct, other accts are still fine. Any ideas on that?

ez

A very nice idea, I love it!

However, I am having some problems - I cannot bring up the in-game tabs when I press F12 when I am in a game.

No matter, full screen or not.

Adria only reacts to F12 when Diablo is minimized.

I'm using Windows Vista if that helps.

I managed to fix the issue.

Just right click the executable Adria file and make sure you tick the "Run this program as Administrator" option, even if you are logged on as a user with admin rights.

GREAT program!

@Andrewgosu: Happy to hear that you managed to make it work :thumbsup:

Oh, i forgot earlier...

Thanks a TON for this program. Its an incredible time saver, and once its set up its very effective and easy to manage.

Is there a mailing list to be notified for updates?
There's no mailing list, yet ... maybe we should make one, but you can subscribe to this thread to get notified when a new post is made. We'll always be making a new post at every update so that way you'll be sure not to miss anything ... though you'll hear a lot more then about just the updates. :whistling:

Ok, seems pretty nice. Some other quirks like several items being mis parsed and end up in the N/A section. Do you need to slow down when moving the mouse over the items? The names/classes of the items on a few items seems not to get read correctly. Easy to edit which it correctly puts back into the correct class. Seems to have a problem with Tal's orb, here's what it sees, i had 5 of these and it did the same for all:

+2 to Lightning Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Fire Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+10 to Energy
+57 to Life
+77 to Mana
Tal Rasha's Wrappings
[g]Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
[w]Tal Rasha's Guardianship
[g]Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye
[y]Tal Rasha's Adjudication
[w]Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth

Under one of the accounts I added, I've added 8 characters but the names have been modifed. For example

Named: Yoyo
new name displayed {XKDJ3K2L-VKL4-AAAA-LLLL-12KD3IE9K4LS};[w]yoyo

it did this for all the characters in the one acct, other accts are still fine. Any ideas on that?

ez

About OCR inaccuracy, the functions where obviously made using the settings on my computer, so the closer your image quality/brightness/color contrast is to mine the better it will work.

Here's an image to compare your d2 window to:
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l277/Kijya/Adria/?action=view&current=D2Sharpness.png

I'm using glide graphics mode and my brightness is probably fairly high. (I've got an old CRT monitor with a screen filter that darkens the image that I see so need to have high brightness for it to look "normal")

If you can somehow make it look more similar to mine that might fix the problems, but otherwise you also have the OCR autofix function. (look at this post: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7223708&postcount=19)

No idea on that char name thing, kinda strange. Does your error log hold any info recorded when it happened?

Last edited:

Ty Kijya for the replies. Perhaps your screenshot should be of your current video settings but I get your point. My contrast I believe is turned all the way down and the gamma I cannot change (greyed out). I'll look at the contrast thing tonight and adjust the settings all the way up. Well, now I can't recall if its all the way up or all the way down, but its all the way to the right. Anyhow, I'll check that tonight.

Outstanding:
names changed, see previous
on screen pop up (f12) appears outside of the window and scanning doesn't work - for justaplayer

windows vista 64 premium
8gb mem

name stuff looks weird like u added chars as items (don't know how that could happen). if you can reproduce it just tell me how. to fix it simply delete them (if no items were added) or just edit the file account.txt (put there your account) and put there the correct char names.

about wrong position i will probably add more checks to be sure that "diablo II" window is realy part of d2 and not a random window with that name.

justaplayer-
Thankfully I hadnt already scanned the acct/chars yet so I will go ahead and delete them. I'll see if it reoccurs, after i added the first acct/char and tested the scanning, i than went through and just added all accts/chars at the same time. So weird that only these were done that way and for the entire acct. Maybe add a option so that you can right click on a name and rename it? For the on screen pop, do you need a screen shot of what i'm talking about or was i clear enough to help?

Did you see my earlier post on the DEP issue after initially installing as well?

ez

I actually did that...but the hook window kept opening on the bottom of the screen and kinda...vibrated, while refusing to scan items.

I think this is the same kind of problem i'm having. Did you find another way to get this to work Noammr? I've had to restart my pc to get the hook back in the right spot. I also dont do anything else on my pc while scanning, just work the d2 window and the scanning, clicking on Adria or anything else seemed to cause the hook to be dislocated.

justaplayer, i went to the folder where the accounts.txt file and change the names of the char in the accts, here's the example of what it looked like in the file:

{C23D9A22-33A7-8943-1235-3E2A1C5F2AB3};[w]xnc_numnum

but than the names showed up where the items where at, dunno if thats right so I just deleted them will readd them.''

Additional Feedback, not sure if this is the right thread to continue posting, do you want in posted in this thread or another? I guess it can be moved if necessary.
Here is my 2 cents:

1 set items that your wearing shows the bonuses from the other set items that your wearing. if your wearing the full set it shows up as unique, if you take the item off than its ok.
2 unidentified items sets/uniques only show class, don't show item name, such as Shaftstop
3 is there a different color that can be used for say, runewords
4 a different color/icon that can be used to identify classic/hardcore/LOD etc and than be able to filter upon that option
5. if you "select all" from the acct/char tab it shows all the items listed in all the accts. When creating a tradelist, how about being able to create different sorting criteria, such as sorting first by character, than by class etc. That way you can go to one specific character and add all the items from that char. You can do this now by only selecting the one char, than adding the items from there and than go. But I think this would flow better.
6. When adding items to the trade list, either remove them from the items table or bold/italics. Something to distinguish that they have already been added to the current trade list being created.

Ok, just ran into a differnt problem with creating a trade list. Spent about 2 hours adding items from accts one at time so i didnt miss anything or add something twice. Went to generate a trade list and I get an error, "Adria Error 5 (Invalid procedure call or argument) on line 26 in procedure MakeTradeList of Module TradeListPrinter". Just found out that I could go back and the tradelist is there but I still get the error. So maybe the list is too long, change some of the settings and remove the warning for list too long etc. Add 3 items, list generates ok. Add another 30-40 items and I get the same error....So i started adding a few items at a time until i got the error again. It has something to do with trang-oul's wing, I have 3 of them, 1 isn't identified. I get the same error no matter which one I add to the trade list. I can also continue to add additional items with no errors. I can also add other trang items, just not the shields. Hope this helps.

Overall a great tool that I can finally use legitly. You 2 have done a nice job and a great service to all the members of diii.net. KUDOS

ez

i've been editing this all evening, hopefully i'm done... :)

Last edited:

there is a log file called adria.log located in the data folder \ [user].[domain] folder
each time an error occurs we need you to provide this log

I've attached the entire log.

TY
Thanks, we'll look into it and see if any of the errors can be fixed.

Additional Feedback, not sure if this is the right thread to continue posting, do you want in posted in this thread or another? I guess it can be moved if necessary.
Here is my 2 cents:
Just post it here, easiest to have it all in one place I think.

1 set items that your wearing shows the bonuses from the other set items that your wearing. if your wearing the full set it shows up as unique, if you take the item off than its ok.
Does this happen both when the item is located upwards and downwards from the mouse pointer?

2 unidentified items sets/uniques only show class, don't show item name, such as Shaftstop
Not sure what you're trying to say, could you clarify?

Is there a difference between the colors of the first line of a unique and a runeword ingame? Don't recall if there is.

What color would I say the runewords belong to?

4 a different color/icon that can be used to identify classic/hardcore/LOD etc and than be able to filter upon that option
Sadly the program cannot tell if the item is classic or lod. It only sees the item description, and don't think there's any difference between a lod and a classic magefist.

Having the program distinguish between classic and lod would mean that the characters you add to your database would have to be specified as such.
5. if you "select all" from the acct/char tab it shows all the items listed in all the accts. When creating a tradelist, how about being able to create different sorting criteria, such as sorting first by character, than by class etc. That way you can go to one specific character and add all the items from that char. You can do this now by only selecting the one char, than adding the items from there and than go. But I think this would flow better.
Have you looked at the tradelist settings? There's an option to sort by char in there. Both the main and sub headers can be changed.

Still ... the tradelist creation is one of the things I'll look over a bit more, don't really like the current system I made.
6. When adding items to the trade list, either remove them from the items table or bold/italics. Something to distinguish that they have already been added to the current trade list being created.
We could make another column that tells if it is in the tradelist or not I guess.

Ok, just ran into a differnt problem with creating a trade list. Spent about 2 hours adding items from accts one at time so i didnt miss anything or add something twice. Went to generate a trade list and I get an error, "Adria Error 5 (Invalid procedure call or argument) on line 26 in procedure MakeTradeList of Module TradeListPrinter". Just found out that I could go back and the tradelist is there but I still get the error. So maybe the list is too long, change some of the settings and remove the warning for list too long etc. Add 3 items, list generates ok. Add another 30-40 items and I get the same error....So i started adding a few items at a time until i got the error again. It has something to do with trang-oul's wing, I have 3 of them, 1 isn't identified. I get the same error no matter which one I add to the trade list. I can also continue to add additional items with no errors. I can also add other trang items, just not the shields. Hope this helps.
It could be unid items, I haven't looked into them too much so not sure how they'd affect the tradelist printer.

basically if an item is already in the tradelist it cannot be added again (nothing happens on add)

also please consider using search box; it was meant to filter the items prior to add them to tradelist (for ex search for "socketed (3)" to get all items with 3 sox and create a trade list only for those). it is hard to follow a tradelist containing a lot of items which are not connected anyway ;)

Quote:

Does this happen both when the item is located upwards and downwards from the mouse pointer?
Wearing items, mouse above item, item displayed below the mouse includes the bonus of multiple items, if you have the full set on, it includes the set bonus as well. I had alot of set items which where the ones I was wearing that this happened with. I'll just make sure I take the items off before scanning.

Not sure what you're trying to say, could you clarify?
So with unidentified items, instead of showing up like this
[g]Shaftstop
[g]Mesh Armor
It only shows up as
[g]Mesh Armor
This item than ends up in the N/A column, by adding shaftstop to the item it than correctly adds the item to the armor column. Same with unidentified set items. There are a couple items that are duplicates, such as lightsabre and Azurewrath that are both unique phase blades so perhaps a couple of exceptions or adding both as the item.

Is there a difference between the colors of the first line of a unique and a runeword ingame? Don't recall if there is.

What color would I say the runewords belong to?

Think this was just a personal preference, never did like them as the same color. But if anyother requests come in, maybe red.

Sadly the program cannot tell if the item is classic or lod. It only sees the item description, and don't think there's any difference between a lod and a classic magefist.

Having the program distinguish between classic and lod would mean that the characters you add to your database would have to be specified as such.

I'm not talking the program distinguishing the items from classic/hardcore/LOD etc, only in the left panel in the character selection. With an option to maybe change the color of a character name, Green for LOD or something like that. Plus you got that little MSN type character, perhaps assigning a different color or different icons.

Have you looked at the tradelist settings? There's an option to sort by char in there. Both the main and sub headers can be changed.

Still ... the tradelist creation is one of the things I'll look over a bit more, don't really like the current system I made.

I played with the tradelist settings, figured out how to get it from the default multplie lines for each item to one single line. But i'm not talking when generating the tradelist but more of the process of adding items. From the Item section, you can sort name, type, quality etc, but these sorts are always done by class. What I was suggesting is that you be able to sort not just by class, but by type, quality, acct etc. Currently, you can only sort by class changing the order of your view from Amulets/Armors etc to Wand/Sword etc.

We could make another column that tells if it is in the tradelist or not I guess.

Something like that would be helpful, but you need to be able to filter/sort by that as well, as stated in 5. I see justaplayer clarified that you can't add an item twice into the tradelist which is nice, but it is still hard to determine if you have already added an item without having to do a side by side comparison.

It could be unid items, I haven't looked into them too much so not sure how they'd affect the tradelist printer.

Ok, i tried adding each of these 3 items, which are the trang-ouls wing as the only item on a tradelist and than generate the list. Each item fails with the same error. 2 of them are identified, 1 of them is not. I've added the error log from that session removing the previous error logs that I already posted.

Im still trying to generate a tradelist so I haven't gotten to the part of sorting them out yet and making sure they are connected.

ez

Last edited:

Ok, I think i figured out what was happening with the name change. I created an acct, added 8 characters. All looks fine. Close out Adria and relaunch, everything looks fine. Launched d2 and start adding items to the char. Did one. Repeated above close and open, everthing looks fine. So I went back and added items from the remaining characters. Close out d2, close out Adria, relaunch Adria and the char names have all been changed, from ie
xnc_numnum to
{C23D9A22-33A7-8943-1235-3E2A1C5F2AB3};[w]xnc_numnum

Deleted everything, did it all over again. Same thing. This time however I do see the long code followed by item desciptions and the item as the char name. They are all tied to the same char which happens to be the same name used for my acct. Deleted the acct/chars and readded. This time i used a different name for the char that was named the same as the acct. Problem is gone.

In conclusion, dont name chars the same as your acct name as Adria will add items as chars etc. Unless this is something you guys can fix.

Good find ...

for each char / account a file is created with the same name; as u have account = char on disk there can be just 1 file so app gets screwed. Don't name account and char the same; don't name 2 chars the same (even in different accounts) or 2 accounts the same.
This is not possible in D2 itself so it is not possible for us either.

Update: next version will have different extension for char and account files so u can have account and char with the same name; you will have to manually rename some files though.

Last edited:

about unid items there is a new functionality to "identify" them in the new version. though it is not be available in the grid / trade list because of the possible duplicates for an item.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High