2020 Spring RFL Results thread: Moo Moo (Round One)

Obviously, there was some kinda 'strange attractor' action going on this RFL round...SIX(!!!) Zods?!? The mind boggles....

I'm still reeling from my own drops...when the Zod dropped halfway through my second set, I was shocked down to my toenails...and when the Jo dropped as I was finishing the set thursday evening, well...my family thought I was having a fit, jumping around and hollering :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, the Zod drop stunned me so much that while I goggled at the screen, numbly fumbling to stab the PrtScrn key, a cow had time to wander up from off-screen and whack my Zon (they usually don't get closer than the second cow...she really is very safe!)107_Zod.jpg 107_Zod_Inv.jpg
LOL, its REALLY indestructible (for some reason, 1.07 doesn't display the Weapon/Armor/Helm/Shield headings on Zod)...also, LOL at having an El rune in her inventory at the time!

I considered stopping at that point...the Zod clinched the victory for me, after all, but it seemed cheesy to win on a single supremely lucky drop, given the efforts that others had put in already, so I resolved to finish the set...I'm so glad that I did! Thursday evening, with just under an hour to go on my second set, and with the tourney deadline looming, lightning struck a second time and I got a Jo Rune! In some ways, this was even cooler... @pharphis got a 1.07 Zod drop a couple years ago, but I've never seen a Jo drop, here on the SPF or anywhere!!
107_Jo.jpg107_Jo_Inv.jpg
I do wonder, though, if one has dropped for someone before and they failed to recognize what they had...look at the screenshot, in the font that D2 uses, Jo looks JUST like Io from a modern patch (it's Po in 1.07)!! I'd read somewhere online that in weapons, Jo (not Cham) had Freezes Target in 1.07, but its slow instead...now I'm wondering what a 1.07 Cham looks like (I don't think anyone has ever gotten one... don't look at me, I think I've probably used up all my rune luck in 1.07)

I did also get a non-qualifier Mal from Rakinishu's pack while getting a leg fairly early on...

After getting zero qualifiers in my first set, I focused hard on improving my run times, only picking gold, runes, flawless gems, lesser rubies/emeralds/sapphires/topazes for ring rerolling, circlets, and charms, id'ing the latter two immediately and tossing them back if they weren't good... this lowered my runtimes a lot, although still nowhere near the 2½ minute mark some of y'all achievedo_O... I picked up gold because without static maps, and with the long range of multishot in 1.07, it was often hard to tell if I'd already picked over a loot pile...grabbing the gold made it obvious, and also really reduced white clutter on the ground (runes are WHITE in 1.07, so this really helps!!) After the Zod dropped, I relaxed a bit, and started checking barb helms and blue elite items again... (because you just KNOW all those you don't check roll godly! ...or at least thats how I always feel...:rolleyes:)

I got several nice non-qualifiers, including a couple excellent skillers with life:
LionGCVita.jpgFungalGCSust.jpg
Other great skillers were Natural of Greed (+1 Elemental / 32% GF), Acrobatic of Maiming (+1 P&M /+18 Max), and Mentalist of Maiming (+1 Shadow /+20 Max)...
Other great charms were Steel GC of Maiming (+130AR /+20 Max), Sharp GC of Maiming (+76AR /+29 Max), Serrated GC of Sustenance (+19 Max/+32 Life), Ruby LC of Maiming (+23 FR/+12 Max), Shimmering SC of Good Luck (5% allRez/ 4%MF), and Fine SC of Good Luck (+20AR/+2 Max/ 4%MF)

Also got some nice circlets for niche builds, like so:
3PnB_25PDRcirclet.jpg

A very stylish Barb Helm (couldn't resist, its an elite base, and besides, I'd already found the Zod at this point...)
FrenzybarbChapeau.jpg

One of my favorite non-qualifiers wasn't even a drop...as I was ID'ing in the field, after ending every run I would pop by Akara to refill the tome. I habitually scan her inventory for wands of Lower Resist with any character who is lvl94+ (since shops sell clvl+5 items, thats high enough for lvl3 LR wands). Anyway, I happened to notice that one of the War Scepters in her inventory was that green color that means +2 skills, so I checked it out....
HammerdinScepter.jpg
Needless to say, after I picked my jaw up off the floor, I bought it immediately...I was amazed she didn't want more for it, vendors usually go nuts for staffmod items in 1.07...

I didn't get many unique items at all... Islestrike, Earthshaker, a couple Rattlecages... kinda strange, but no biggie...
As far as sets go, I'd hoped to get a Naj's Puzzler, but didn't (no surprise)... I did get a few nice set items, a couple Mav's belts (VERY nice in 1.07), Telling of Beads and Tal's Ammy (only my 3rd!)..... 12(!) horns, 4 hides, and 3....Sanders Ripraps :mad:... what's up with that? I guess I'm actually going to havta run NM or Normal cows to get the damn hooves in 1.07... I did have one amusing run where ALL 6 pieces of the Sigon's set dropped!!!! I know 1.07 really loves that set, but damn!!!!

Anyway, I'll wrap this up with my meager, 1350+ point haul pic 🤪
RFL2020_1_HaulPic.jpg

Thanks to @PhineasB for hosting!

WoRG

someone has found cham, btw. From an object beside the 2 superchests in RoF iirc. (or was it a ghost?).

I can't remember who did, but it was around the same time as my zod. Someone else likely remembers who.

You can have my naj puzzler if you want ;)

I know of 2 previous Jo drops, one from council and other from river of flame chest. Unsure if the chest was a real drop or some test tool, but I think it was real. Don't remember who got them, though.

Sick, sick scepter too, but does it 125fcr without losing more skills than you gain?

Slow????? :D And yes, fruit 'tested' RoF chests and posted a Jo pattern.

Rune\Effect in Weapon1.071.081.09+
Jo/Jah+25% Slows TargetHit Freezes TargetIgnore Target Defense
ChamHit Freezes TargetIgnore Target DefenseHit Freezes Target +1

@pharphis I'd really like to find my own... that said, I have a strong superstition (but 100% confirmed in my experience 😜) that it is at least 10x more likely for an item to drop if you already have one, so if you wanna let me hold yours while I look for my own, that'd be awesome!! ;)

@Helvete it can if you have the right gear...2/20 circlet (which I have several of) and 2/20 ammy (which I don't...yet :sneaky:) with a 35 spirit, Arach, and Trangs/Magefist... still leaves rings free for beta BKWB (which I have :p)

WoRG

I wanna know who told @WoRG about the PureD forums? C'mon, who did it? Fess up!! I thought the whole point of migrating was so that we didn't have to look at all of his 1.07 exploits and feel so 🤬 inadequate! 😝
* points at @maxicek * 't was him!!!

Seriously amazing finds everyone! Now I regret not participating in the burger find olympics...
love the haul pics! Good luck everyone for the next two rounds!

Slow????? :D And yes, fruit 'tested' RoF chests and posted a Jo pattern.

Rune\Effect in Weapon1.071.081.09+
Jo/Jah+25% Slows TargetHit Freezes TargetIgnore Target Defense
ChamHit Freezes TargetIgnore Target DefenseHit Freezes Target +1
do you remember if it was a /p1 pattern? I need an excuse to get back to 1.07... 1.13 AT runs are boring and I'm never going to find tyrael's unless WoRG lets me swap a naj puzzler for his T-might so our wishes come true.

Finally able to get around to posting my rune haul from this round. With only 1 set ran. I was happy with my haul. Took an hour or so to get used to the runs. After that it was just throw out 4 DS and fire blast til the screen exploded.

Screenshot060.jpg

Screenshot043.jpg
Screenshot044.jpg
Screenshot049.jpg
Screenshot050.jpg
Screenshot052.jpg
Screenshot053.jpg
Screenshot056.jpg
Screenshot057.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot046.jpg
    Screenshot046.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 1
do you remember if it was a /p1 pattern? I need an excuse to get back to 1.07... 1.13 AT runs are boring and I'm never going to find tyrael's unless WoRG lets me swap a naj puzzler for his T-might so our wishes come true.

It's a RoF p1 pattern in 1.07, there's also a Vex and a Lo but fruit didn't post pictures of them.
aAdW4y4.jpg
Good luck spotting that :p
Also fruit already said with 99% certainty that the Jo loses it's slow effect when forwarded. I hate fruit, smashing everyone's dreams :cry:

Reactions: Luhkoh and pharphis
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High