2015 Summer MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

<Gripphon>gogogo 110 hours
<LiquidClear>to be fair i did baal 100+, which is easier due to breaks between waves and such. no way i can do that a85
<LiquidClear>i'll get carpal tunnel by hour 40
<Gripphon>wow, 40 hours for this mfo

Guys, we are in big trouble.

If baal is out, what about a Diablo/seals category?

I think one of the most important aspects of the MFO are its history and tradition. Adding new categories would need to have a big list of pros and a small list of cons and if Baal had only a couple of people interested I'd say Diablo would not drag more interest than that.

I know that without Baal there's no targets in MFO for xp gaining in really high level characters, but having only two runners in a category isn't that good for the spirit of MFO. :(

Maybe we can create a XP Olympics, dunno if it'd be fun since it would have no luck at all, so it'd be just efficiency or time spent. Maybe if Gripphon couldn't participate :p

WoW, I'm getting trolled all over the SPF. I never trolled anyone, I didn0't deserve this...

Anyway, xp gain tournament sounds great. It could be EGO aka experience gaining olympics. Hm hm. Only problem is, how to balance xp-gain scoring among different levels.

I think one of the most important aspects of the MFO are its history and tradition. Adding new categories would need to have a big list of pros and a small list of cons and if Baal had only a couple of people interested I'd say Diablo would not drag more interest than that.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but figured it was worth mentioning.

I know that without Baal there's no targets in MFO for xp gaining in really high level characters, but having only two runners in a category isn't that good for the spirit of MFO. :(

Agreed on both counts, especially as my life tends to go sideways everytime I enter a tourney.

Maybe we can create a XP Olympics, dunno if it'd be fun since it would have no luck at all, so it'd be just efficiency or time spent. Maybe if Gripphon couldn't participate :p

Interesting ideas. :)

After the MFO I'll open a thread discussing the possibility of XP Olympics. :)

Come on people, more or less 24 hours until this starts, I'd love to see more sign ups and more trash talking!

I will fix it later
Baal
-------------------

-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
thefranklin [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
LiquidClear [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]
queenEm [1.13d SC FAM]
srrw [1.13d HC FAM]
kestegs [1.13d SC FAM]
Saluki [1.13d SC FAM]
Thyiad [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
dOOmas [1.13d SC FAM]
TheNix [1.13d SC FAM]
XyleneCyanol [1.13d SC FAM]
maxicek [1.13d SC FAM]
GooberGrape [1.13d SC FAM]
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Thyiad [1.13d SC FAM]
-------------------
Teams
-------------------

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]
TheNix [1.13d SC FAM][/QUOTE]

Nice to see the pindle category having new entries just before the start.
I wish you good luck on the drops in advance.

Cmon people. Today midnight MFO starts so this is last moment you can sign up.
It seems there will be no teams. Too bad.

Are the Pindle people not interested in teams or are they afraid to ask people to join one? If they're not opposed to being part of a team we could make random teams with people from the lvl85 areas that are interested in teams.
If they really don't want to play teams: Anyone from lvl85 that wanna join up with me?

Pindle people can join teams, why not. That would be awesome. Hey people, let's try to make teams this last day to make MFO more interesting? I'm talking about 2 man teams, to not be confused with previous MFO's where 3 man teams played since then 3 categories were active. 2 man teams, no matter are both players from same categories.

I'm also open for team with people from both categories. I'm sending invitation to Maxicek, Zylo, Srrw, TheNix and Thyiad for a team! Whoever wants and replies first, we can make a team no problem.

Playing time is very limited since I'm on a trip, so any team has me will have a disadvantage, that is why I did not put my name in the first place.

About teams, @Gripphon and @Thyiad are on both categories, I guess if they know what category they will run more they can pick a runner from the other group.

Otherwise I'd say that @dOOmas @TheNix @GooberGrape @maxicek need to see if they want to be in a team and pick a runner from the available for teams group. I didn't include @XyleneCyanol because he already said something about teams.

Teams are just for fun anyway. Maybe before they had some meaning, but these days we are lucky if we will have any kind of teams, whether or not people actually play the MFO or not.

EDIT:
I report Maxicek and Gripphon in a team "PvP N00bz"

First team is here guys! Go make moar teams!

Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]
queenEm [1.13d SC FAM]
srrw [1.13d HC FAM]
kestegs [1.13d SC FAM]
Saluki [1.13d SC FAM]
Thyiad [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
dOOmas [1.13d SC FAM]
TheNix [1.13d SC FAM]
XyleneCyanol [1.13d SC FAM]
maxicek [1.13d SC FAM]
GooberGrape [1.13d SC FAM]
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Thyiad [1.13d SC FAM]
-------------------
Teams
-------------------
PvP N00bz (Maxicek and Gripphon)

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]
TheNix [1.13d SC FAM]

Sorry but because of my job, i might have to work on this upcoming weekend and stay late a few days, dont want to be a burden

Since i dont know how much free time ill have(cant sit all day on my pc), id rather solo.

You simply make agreement with someone to make a team. Then you two decide what your team will be called and in the end simply sign in your team with team name and put name of players in brackets, just like I did in last post.

Being in team just means your team gets score based on your ranking in each category. In general, first place in category brought 10 points, second place 9 points, third place 8 points and so on. Best placed teammate in each category is assigned points for his achievement. Rules for this case could have small addition: best score according to category final ranking is assigned for each teammate, even if they are in same category.

Example:
I end up second in Areas category, and fifth in Pindle. My teammate Max ends up first in Pindle. Total points of team would be: I'm getting 9 points for second place at Areas, and 0 points for Pindle since my Areas ranking is higher. Max is getting 10 points for Pindle ranking. Final team score: 19 points.

Example 2:
Nagisa and OMG are unbeatable team. Nagisa ends up first in Areas category and first at Pindle category. OMG ends up second in Areas category despite finding two Tyrael's, and second place on Pindle. Points are: Nagi is getting 10 points for either Pindle or Areas (can't get for both), and OMG is getting 9 points for either Pindle or Areas. Final team score: 19 points.

Now there could be different points value assigned depending on ranking. Or even score. Whatever works. It is up to Nulio to make scoring system.

Last edited:
I think it should just be cumulative score between 2 teammates this time, since we're going to have teams with just a85 members. Plus that makes everyone's score matter, as opposed to someone finding Tyrael's making his teammate's score moot.

Pindle scores will obviously have the disadvantage of not being able to land Tyrael's (since it's so common in a85, obviously) but we almost combined the two anyways, so their scores are comparable.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High