Available for teams
--------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
thefranklin [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
LiquidClear [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM][/QUOTE]

Also, if Baal/Pindle don't get more, could we do something like 2 man teams combined score for a85? Seems a shame to kill the team aspect just because everyone wants to run the place where Tyrael's is most likely to drop. :cool:

In teams it always was allowed to have your teammates to be in the same category. The entire team could be in the same category if you wanted. Problem with that is you're then also competing with your teammates. With people spread out you (as a team) have a chance to win every category and you're competing with people from other teams within your category rather than your teammates.

But with so few contestants in other category's and everyone up for teams in the same one maybe some change is in order? Perhaps something like duos instead of full teams? Just a thought.

Come to think of it: Am i overlooking something or are the rules about teams missing in the original post?

for some reason the pindle category doesnt get much love -.-

That's because most people here played for so long they have the basic gear you normally get from Pindle (and Meph) and have moved on to other targets like AT's where there's also a chance for some items Pindle can't drop. Not to mention Pindle is really, really, really boring. Yes, really. :)

Oh the time flies. We're really close to the start.

About what to do regarding the Pindle and Baal categories, I'll decide one of two things:
- Allow such categories with small number of runners, like in the Summer 2013 MFO, but maybe only allow looting if they have five or more participants. So these became keeping part of the tradition but are no real competition. If they want competition should move to A85
- Do like in the Summer 2014 MFO, remove such categories

Opinions?

Really close to start? I think you're off by a week. Good thing i double checked because i now realise that Friday the 4th is the first day to run and not Saturday like i thought it was. Almost missed out on day 1! Phew. :cool:

Well i could move myself to Baal if need be, but that would still only mean 2 people and that doesn't feel much like it's a competition. You'd either win or be runner up. That means my preference would be to only have the lvl 85 areas, but i'm wondering if the people from the other category's would be willing to switch to that. It would be a shame if they didn't and we'd lose them altogether.

One week is not close? Last time I looked I was opening this thread. :p

People leaving from A85 is the last thing we want :D

Apparently I've read Nagi spamming about "MFO when" like 30000 times this year, and now he is losing time on some stupid game instead and is not even on the radar of d2. I've totally seen that coming.

I'm for 2 man teams from same category with maybe different team scoring rules to keep things more interesting?

@Zylo
I forgot to comment - that pic is very nice ^^

It's getting close, and I look forward to it.

Will be visiting our collaborator in Finland during the first 3 weeks of September, so will not have access to my gaming computer, but will keep tracking the progress of MFO and I'm entirely certain to see many epic drops.

Good luck everybody, and wish you all get what you want :)

That's a bummer. Is it possible to run D2 from an usb stick?

Yeah, that will do. I think I could also take my personal laptop with me.

MFO starts 4 Sept, so I will have a look how the first 3 days of my visiting goes and see how much free time I got (never been to Finland, so also planning some travelling).

If time permits, I might participate in Pindle category which is more relaxing for me, as I doubt I will have enough time and energy for intensive A85 running :p

I think it's about time that pindle and areas 85 merge. Baring deus ex Tyrael's there isn't difference in scoring between two of those, and people running pindle actually have better odds to win whole thing. For average player, that is. Other than Gripphon and Fabian I don't think anyone has higher efficiency on areas than Pindle, at least not from currently active players. Pindle runners go for comfort and stability at the expense of getting Tyrael's and I think it's ok choice. They will probably have higher point/time invested anyway.

Bigger player pool might make things more interesting in terms of competitiveness, and with only one entrant Baal will probably be scraped by the end anyway.

What say you?

I have Internet again, just procrastinating!

Sorc is also all the way up to level 22 now!

+1 to merging Pindle and area lvl 85 into one category. They seem equal enough to be done properly.

Oh, what the hell, I've decided. Even if I only have 2 hours of play time in the end and the chance of an epic fail is high, so what? I just want to be part of this wonderful tradition and event, I'm in !!!

Baal
-------------------

GooberGrape [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
maxicek [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
dOOmas [1.13d SC FAM]
TheNix [1.13d SC FAM]
queenEm [1.13c SC FAM]
XyleneCyanol [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Teams
-------------------

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]

I am moving from Pindle to A85...

Baal
-------------------

-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
maxicek [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]
queenEm [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
dOOmas [1.13d SC FAM]
TheNix [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Teams
-------------------

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]

By the way, in terms of trader profile, what is the difference between Probation and FTS? I though all newly-posted trader profile should be probation? No ??

Last edited:
I think 5-6 people is roughly the sweet spot. If there are fewer participants in a category than that, merging it with A85 (pindle) or canceling it (Baal) is good. In my opinion.

By the way, in terms of trader profile, what is the difference between Probation and FTS? I though all newly-posted trader profile should be probation? No ??

I think nulio linked some good information, but I think I see where the confusion is.(Maybe?)

I can image that everyone saying they need to create a new trader profile, and they are all being labeled as FTS, might be a little confusing.

Pretty much, they've traded in the past, and are FTS. The forum had an update, and a lot of profiles were deleted, so they are simply remaking their trader profile.

So if you have traded in the past, and were FTS - you can remake as FTS. If you've never traded before, and never have had a trader profile - you will start under Probation Status.

Hope this helps.

I'm still not sure how much time I can invest, that's the main reason I was delaying my entry. I hope to at least get the 70ish million to get me to 96, we'll see if I get any runs past that.

Baal
-------------------

-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
maxicek [1.13d SC FAM]