2015 Summer MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

@Zylo I'm confused now. Thyiad mentions join date and this date can only be discerned for when you registered in the forums, not when you "joined" the trading forums. Although I agree that it should be when you start trading.

Thanks nulio and Zylo. I will just keep the Probation tag.

And signed in again since the post was too close to queenEm's, and his post does not have me.

Baal
-------------------

GooberGrape [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
thefranklin [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
maxicek [1.13d SC FAM]
LiquidClear [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]
queenEm [1.13d SC FAM]
srrw [1.13d HC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
dOOmas [1.13d SC FAM]
TheNix [1.13d SC FAM]
XyleneCyanol [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Teams
-------------------

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]

@Zylo I'm confused now. Thyiad mentions join date and this date can only be discerned for when you registered in the forums, not when you "joined" the trading forums. Although I agree that it should be when you start trading.

How I understood it, was that you would create a trader profile, and then have three months of probation status. The date was based off of that date your trader profile was created. So if you posted a trader profile today, then in three months you could go in and edit/update it to FTS.

At least back in the day, that is how it was treated.

Edit: Appears I'm mistaken. Please refer to the SPTF rules that nulio linked.

Last edited:
Yes I remember that and thought that also, but reading it now makes me think maybe Thyiad meant something different.

I'm happy to see the list becoming bigger and bigger. :)

I remember when I created my first trader profile and put me in probation (had been a member for a couple of years at the time) and Thy PMd me and said that if you have been a member that long (and active I assume...) you go directly to FTS

Alright here I am!

Baal
-------------------

-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
maxicek [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]
queenEm [1.13d SC FAM]
srrw [1.13d HC FAM]
kestegs [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
dOOmas [1.13d SC FAM]
TheNix [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Teams
-------------------

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]

Yeah I have to ask dropbox to unlock my public files sharing. I'll try to do it tomorrow and also post txt files with scores. :)

At the risk of being off-topic .. regarding join dates ...

Way back (Cattleya and I time) it was based on trading forum time. However as people left and came back and left and came back, tracking that was a nightmare. I can recall sitting with bits of paper with <x member> posted here, seemed to leave here, came back here, left here .. .trying to add it up. We'd discussed the problems but not really moved on with doing anything about it by the time Catt decided to step down.

When sirpoopsalot and I updated the trade rules, we decided that we'd swap to forum join date. Whilst not perfect, it was easy to track and as we kept banging on about traders doing their own background checks to be comfortable, it seemed reasonable for members to at least do a search on how much a member had posted in the trade forum.

In retrospect, it was a good move because with the various forum migrations, tracking a members activity, isn't necessarily that easy. :)

And that's the background to the changes. Nothing is perfect and the forum is MUCH quieter now.

And ... back to your scheduled programming.

I am considering joining but something usually goes pear-shaped and I don't want to incite it. I'm thinking; you can probably hear the creaking.

I think it's about time that pindle and areas 85 merge. Baring deus ex Tyrael's there isn't difference in scoring between two of those, and people running pindle actually have better odds to win whole thing.

If it means that you can run BOTH Pindle and lvl85 areas, I'm all for it. That is much closer to my normal way of playing anyway; running the same thing for 10 days is just unnatural!!!!!

@XyleneCyanol links should be working again

@all I upload txt files with the scores

Anybody tried the excel? I'm so proud about the tab Point Calculator Tab :D

Edit: lol there's an user with the nick "all" it seems, phantom one but still

Came back a bit earlier than expected, just in time to start fine-tuning my MFO char.

What is everyone going to run with?

It's going to be a Javazon for me. Maybe add some runs with Singer Barb as well.

Edit: Tried the excel. Is this your evil plan that it's so nice to fill in with every qualifier that we'll lose some running time ;) Don't pretend you won't run.

Seriously, great job! Loving it.

Last edited:
Baal
-------------------

-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
maxicek [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]
queenEm [1.13d SC FAM]
srrw [1.13d HC FAM]
kestegs [1.13d SC FAM]
Saluki [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
dOOmas [1.13d SC FAM]
TheNix [1.13d SC FAM]

-------------------
Teams
-------------------

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Gripphon [1.13d SC FAM]
Grape [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13d SC FAM]
Zylo [1.13d SC FAM]

@Grape Thanks! I remembered a way that might make it even faster to use. If it works I'll upload a new version.

Baal category will probably be deleted. @GooberGrape would you be interested in running A85 or Pindle?

Pindle category will be merged with A85 if there's not five or more users in Pindle until the end of 3rd of September.

I now have my Sorc up to level 73 and completed all relevant quests through act 5! It's quite amazing how fast things go after level 25, even with almost no twinking gear. The really surprising thing is that I completed all quests with pure blizz and never died once! I'm sure I'll die at least a few times during mfo though.

Now to find a map and gear up!

@Excalibur and how would you score any item found anywhere? And what's the purpose of a competition where we can't compare each participant fairly? Or a competition where everybody is running alone at area X?

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High