2015 Summer MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

Speaking of teams, there are few potential ones!

Grape and GooberGrape could form a team named "(1+Goober)Grape" or "Grape Twins"
LiquidClear and XyleneCyanol could form a team named "LiquidColor"
thefranklin and TheNix could form a team named "The Godfathers"
queenEM and Thyiad could form a team named "Powerpuff Girls"

etc.

Gogogo
j/k. No forcing on it. If there will be teams, there will be. If not, there won't be. As simple as that.

Last edited:
Liquad, you sound like tyraels is rly common in a85s
Maybe i should switch lol

F it, since theres only 1 team, i propose that someone joins me for a team as well, doesnt matter who, ill even let you think of a name

Last edited:
Haha, @GooberGrape , let's form that "Grape Twins" (or whatever), shall we? (ps. no pressure, at least I probably won't have much time to run, just for fun) :p

Caught a glimpse of LiquidClear running yesterday with Pit Zerker. Barbs too good.... but oh well, my Javazon is lvl 97 really soon (and that was my original goal for the MFO), so it seems I will run mostly with my Singer.

PS. Has anyone ever made it to lvl 98 running Pits at /P8? I have no idea what kind of time investment that would be. Thinking if I should retire with Java or continue... :)

@Grape

It is possible to make a good estimate based purely on bosspack experience. Champion packs and regular monsters could make slight difference, but this method is very accurate +- some hours maybe (maybe 2-3 at most, but doing same method to estimate time needed for CS hammerdin, my assumption was very very close to measured time).

EDIT
If 96-97 takes X time, then from 97-98 takes ~2.7 X time if we include the fact you need more experience to reach next level too. Now you decide is it worth your time.

EDIT 2
Champion packs would defintiely make some difference since on level 97 you receive 12 times less xp from them than on level 96. Since we know 20% of all bosspacks are champion packs + we assume we kill everything and 3 champions is some average number of champions per pack, we can make more precise estimation for xp needed. But 2.7+ X is at least what we will need to level up to 98.

Last edited:
If everyone hasn't worked out my abysmal tourney record by now ... it's abysmal. Family either go nuts, or I forget, or my left arm drops off ... it's just bad. You do not want to team with me.

Frankly I wanted to run Baal but as he's not around, I figured sign up for Pindle because ... he's in Act 5. I loathe Pindle, tight reared git, and so I may spend more time in a85. Probably. I might not.

I did consider not running Atil and shove a metric tonne of mf on something else.

In short .. I have no idea what I'm doing.

On the upside, at least I can reply to the thread now.

Thanks @Gripphon . 2,7 X more doesn't sound terrible. Maybe a long-term project over few MFOs/alvl 85 tournaments etc. Yeah, it will be quite easy to make an estimate after running awhile and checking hourly exp for example.

I'd join a team if someone wants. I'm going to win the a85 category, so we could win even with a below average score on Pindle.

Although if I find as many tyrael's as I think I will then it won't really matter if I even have anyone on my team.

Yup, that's what's going to happen!

Good luck everyone!

@Grape Any advice on the javazon? I'll be making one "soon".

Here's my equipment and it works like a charm:

Upgraded Titan's (more dmg versus LI, if you have eth one, even better. I don't... then you'd need another pair in stash as well)
Enigma (Mage Plate)
Griffon's Eye '15 IAS/6 MF' Jewel
Highlord's Wrath
Stormshield 'Ist'
War Traveler
10 FCR/29 MAEK 1.07 ring (maybe use Silkweave boots there if you don't have fcr/mpk ring.)
Raven Frost
Razortail
Rare 2 Java/20 IAS gloves with some mana leech, mf and resistances
Switch: CtA and Spirit

Inventory full of MF Small Charms, 3 skillers and Gheed's

Merc is Might with Fortitude, Infinity and Andy's

Teleing with switch from pack to pack. 1-2 furys destroy most and charged strike the possible boss if it is still alive. I used 4 X Ist Monarch earlier but as I leveled up and wanted to keep my exp (suffered a death sometimes with nasty archer packs) I switched to Stormshield and max block. I haven't tested it without those three skillers; full inventory with MF could also work, at least with Infinity, and even more so with Griffon's, but those skillers have nice life and I kept them for extra safety. If I hadn't Griffon's, I'd use Shako. That - res from Griffon's helps a lot versus high lightning res monsters.

Will swap Stormshield for 3XIst Artisan's Tower Shield of Deflecting for MFO, if I even run with this.

What else... I tend to kill the biggest crowds even if there's no bosses. Killing few dozen creeps every run with just a few seconds lost is a good trade-off, I think.

This build meets the 55 IAS break point and 68 FCR break point for tele with switch and >33fcr Spirit.

Also no D/A/E nor Valkyrie. Couple points in pierce for maximum effect with Razortail. Rest is LF/CS and synergies.

Last edited:
About teams, what the majority decides I'll go along with it.
Just write the team rules and scoring system in a proper and simple way so I can edit it in the first post. Please do this until the end of day #1.

Sign-ups will close for a player when the MFO starts in that player's timezone. I might postpone this deadline up to 24h if that player asks nicely. Don't forget I'm holding a club with a nail!

I'll be the supervisor for both categories and maareek will be after those you don't send me updates. Beware!

I'd like to receive updates from:
- The first three days (Friday and weekend) until the end of Monday, September 7th
- The first seven days (until 11:59 PM of Thursday) until the end of Friday, September 11th
- Final score as soon as you can, please just send it when you finish playing for the MFO :)

Question, can I trash-talk also?

Zylo and I have come together to form team "Happy Accidents".

Also, as far as team scoring goes, I've already advocated the 2-man cumulative score idea. There aren't enough Pindlers to match up with a85. Plus more people can get involved this way, and at this point we might as well do anything that promotes team formation. (And all the "Available for teams" people are a85 anyways) Plus this gives incentive for both teammates to keep running to improve their score since it'll be taken into account no matter what. Yeah, I had better thought out ideas earlier, but whatever.

Zylo and I have come together to form team "Happy Accidents".

Also, as far as team scoring goes, I've already advocated the 2-man cumulative score idea. There aren't enough Pindlers to match up with a85. Plus more people can get involved this way, and at this point we might as well do anything that promotes team formation. (And all the "Available for teams" people are a85 anyways) Plus this gives incentive for both teammates to keep running to improve their score since it'll be taken into account no matter what. Yeah, I had better thought out ideas earlier, but whatever.

Agreed. There just aren't enough participants to go with the traditional team setup.

With LiquidClear's leet skillz, and me channeling my inner Bob Ross - it'll be a Happy Accident if we end up with anything but a win.

Q: That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
A: Nope, but this does....
View attachment 2569
Secret to MFO 2015 - Get some!

I think the cumulative score is good.

Nulio, you should definitely talk trash, nobody else seems to get it.

You guyzzz all suck. To atone for your suckness you'll need to gieb me all the goodies you'll find!

Wait... is this trash-talking or me just asking for itamz as usual?

You guyzzz all suck. To atone for your suckness you'll need to gieb me all the goodies you'll find!

Wait... is this trash-talking or me just asking for itamz as usual?
No asking for items in the SPF and you didn't use trade tags, so it better be trash talk. :p

While I do respect every runner in each category, it does have to be said that they do lack a certain something which I believe will allow me to take the MFO crown in both categories (and teams, although I'm solo). I'm sure they will put their heart and soul (or mouse batteries and wrists) into it, but unfortunately, I know they won't be able to overcome the monumental force which is Thyiad during a MFO. So good luck guys and commisserations.

See, polite trash-talk. :p

There's two weekends in a 10 day MFO or am I puzzled?

The drops in your dreams, don't count Gripphon. :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High