1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Did you craft some good belts with these? please show them^^

Found a Fal-rune while racking Shakos in LK, don't know if I craft a GThresher with it, 13% more ed is not so much, on the other hand, what to do else with a Fal.

I've never crafted so much. A bow for my merc and shield for my sorc. That max ED is bullshit. I have got over 300 ED with ort craft! It's just how the ..ffixes merge..

m4ke

I make a Fireclawbear in 1.07 with this weapon, sockets will be Shae/Eth/Shae (it costs me 1 frame, but gives all attacks 95% hit)

Code:
Ghoul Fang
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 47 to 64
Required Dexterity: 145
Required Strength: 106
Required Level: 63
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0x22307513
+99% Enhanced Damage
+11 to Maximum Damage
Attacker Takes Damage of 5
40% Increased Attack Speed
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Fire Bolt on attack
5% Chance to cast Level 8 Frost Nova on attack

He will run Chaos Sanctuarium, so he will wear Stormshield/Gaze/String of Ears for max DR and Valor+Shako for life and Goblins for CB, I just don't know if Mana will be enough, but I can always forward him to later patches where insight can be made

I did more shopping at Andy's. Still scoring.

Pluckeye:
01_Pluckeye.jpg

03_Highlord's_Wrath.jpg

05_The_Cat's_Eye.jpg

06_Axe_of_Fechmar.jpg
07_Axe_of_Fechmar2.png
(No ATMA Readout of this..)

Code:
Pluckeye
Short Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 2 to 8
Required Dexterity: 15
Required Level: 7
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 78
Fingerprint: 0x6e5dd7ae
+10 to Life
+100% Enhanced Damage
+28 to Attack Rating
3% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Light Radius

And my Andy runs are done for now as I picked up that axe. I have to mule it away the old way and my perfect "10 Teles to Andy" map will be gone.

I think this is not mentioned anywhere I've read.. My Sorc's merc is a Barb and he has a Grandpa now as a weapon. I wondered during those Andy-sessions that how the heck he gets hit because his lifebar was not full and we haven't been in any fight yet.

So I did some investigation and it goes like this:

- When you create game he has full lifebar and the merc screen shows his life ok max/max
- After 10 seconds happens something and his life drops like this:
02_Oslaf_940_of_1403_life.png
- Now merc screen shows his life WITHOUT Grandpa / max. So both bonuses from it are gone
- I tested this without Grandpa and everything was normal. I also tested him with Grandpa and Shako:
04_Oslaf2.png
- He cannot equip Arky's so I couldn't test that but I guess it will work the same. And where that green bar would be !!
- You have plenty of time to enter a combat somewhere in that 10 seconds. Then it's a surprise that your merc dies
- If you go to town healer before that 10 seconds, she can somehow heal that life loss before it has happened and it will not happen !! Of course she heals normal after that 10 seconds too

Another thing:

Is there any FAM way to play Diablo 2 windowed borderless full screen? I know that it is possible with Sven's Glide Wrapper but D2 is so buggy with that.. I also know that there is a non FAM D2Glide.dll that fixes those rolling numbers and alphabets in the topleft corner. BUT it doesn't fix that bug that when you exit Glide game (both original or the non FAM dll) Game.exe process wont die !! It shows in the Details tab in Windows 10 task manager. Also Sven's Wrapper's Mouse Capture is buggy. I got 2/8 windows in my last rush where the capture failed. Other windows were fine. It was worse when I had extended desktop with my laptop+ext display. It got better when I changed it to use only the external display as primary.

I have tested all 3'rd party tools I found and none of them work with Diablo 2.

m4ke

Last edited:
Re: vanishing life
1.07 is different I the way it handles bonus hp/mp and how it stores those numbers. Specifically, it holds the numerical value, not the percentage value. So when the game loads, it loads up your merc as he is at base, then adds any boni from gear, but does not adjust current hp/mp to be 'full', just leaves it where it's at. BO is good for demonstrating this more directly... it will "empty" your hp ball by half every time.

Not sure about display query... I've never noticed any bugs with Sven's glidewrapper, aside from minor lengthening of initial load screen, so I just use that, but I'm still win7 so it may be that, as well.

Reactions: art_vandelay
@zemaj When the game starts and before the 10 sec the merc screen shows merc's life just ok. Max being that with gear and current is the same. After 10 seconds it changes to Merc's base life / max.

m4ke

Edit: I know BO but this is different.
Edit2: I have not seen such drops with player chars with any gear. Stamina is the exception. With Aldurs boots you start the game always non-full stamina. But that is it from the start. I don't get that 10 secs delay..

Last edited:
BO not filling up the increased life/mana/(stamina?) is at least until 1.09.
I think it was changed in 1.10 (might have been later, don't recall).

to reach level 85: cows is ideal, but obviously that's no possible for every build, and certainly not always in MP.

Next best bet, IMO, is to just run certain areas and kill the bosspacks as well. Shenk (and area) is decent, as are most A5 areas, from memory. My 99 sorc got *most* of her exp from running other stuff (like nihl temple racks) and killing the bosspacks there. The remainder was from cows. There's no quick fix like in 1.10+ where you can just kill shenk/eldritch/pindle and then baal.

@WoRG @pharphis and anyone else who might know this. What are your experiences with 'Hit Blinds Target'? Can you confirm that 'Hit Blinds Target' works on no unique except Magewrath? (ATMA displays +0 for the others even though they have non-zero values set in the uniqueitems.txt)

Also, these are the parameters passed to the 'freeze' modifier, i.e. Hit Freezes Target, in 1.07-1.08:
ItemParameterMinMax
Axe of Fechmar64750
Iceblink13500
Bing Sz Wang64500
Vidala's Rig Full Set Bonus322525
Cham Rune (1.07)16500
Jo Rune (1.08)32750
My current theory is that Min gives the freeze length in frames while Max is unused (Vidala's would be a typo then!) and that the parameter is some sort of chance given in the format of 'parameter' in 'some power of two'. If the power of two was 64 then Axe of Fechmar should always freeze while Jo Rune (or easier Vidala's full set) should only freeze half the time.

Again this is just pure speculation and I can't really test it because the only items I have access to of these 6 are the Vidala's Pieces.

Another interesting question I can't answer is: what happens if you forward these items to 1.09+? There the parameter for 'freeze' is only ever set to 0 and the Min and Max actually are applied as 'Hit Freezes Target +(Min-Max)'. but are usually set to smaller numbers where Min is at most Max. Does any of them display the high 'Min' value from 1.07-1.08 when forwarded? A 'Hit Freezes Target +50' Iceblink could give some major style points :D

oh man I have no idea. I immediately throw away these things fearing what wrath it will unleash on ATMA... well if I had a cham I would mule through MP ;)

Running for War Travs:
01_running_for_war_travs.jpg
Got gold already after 748 runs but they were Eth, of course. Now is the second round and 925 more runs done. I don't really need another Travs but I hate to switch them between my Sorc and Barb. Well, 11hrs well spent time..so far. Time to ATMA Aldurs away.

m4ke

This is 1.07:
Code:
War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 100
Durability: 36 of 36
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x1d415052
+10 to Dexterity
+110% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Durability 100%
100% Extra Gold from Monsters
45% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk
So not much the same but MF is fixed at 45% which is quite high compared to modern range of 30-50%

m4ke

Mmmh, definitely not worth my time racking, on magic boots there can be 35% mf (I think I got one) and there's the damage missing.

I'm happy that I have already found Aldurs tho.

And for a Goldbarb(in 1.07 or later) I think preLoD boots beat those too.

@d2lover Yes, they are beaten easily by Classic boots in most instances but if you don't have those or need to reach a certain breakpoint in 1.07 they are still your best bet, especially if you can get by on low resists (Andariel/Mephisto in 1.07).

Not sure if you know this, but Blizzard Sorceress is actually the top goldfind (and essentially Travincal) character in 1.14d, so the missing damage isn't nearly as bad as the missing resists from Classic boots. Lacking Classic boots (or good current patch boots) the 1.07 War Travellers are the next best option for her.

Reactions: entwilighter
See post #14 for a video by Gripphon and #16 for a comparison of Sorc to Barb:

CI isn't a problem since Infinity on merc breaks it and Cold Mastery drops cold resistance to below 0. Also Barb might have FI but he also requires more careful checking of drops and there's basically a chance to miss something every single run, it's more like a guarantee actually. He also takes longer to kill the council which is even more noticeable without ATMA-bugged 1.07 Griefs.

I got my 1.08 sorc to 85 yesterday and today she hired a Barb and got him to 85 too. I did a test forwarding and Barb dropped to 42 in 1.08.. I deleted that char in 1.08 after that. I need to plan things before actual transfer.

m4ke

Small info dump for now:

Over the last months I've been comparing certain .txts for all versions to track the differences. Some of those are complete already but others are a lot more work and might never get finished (uniqueitems.txt ...). Throughout I assumed that 1.14a-1.14d=1.13d=1.13c w.r.t. gameplay.

I proceeded by first doing checksums for each of the files and then deleting 'duplicates' right away. The remaining files ended up in excel sheets and were compared using the compare function of that program. I then noted only changes between version with distinct .txts so that anyone who either knows stats in 1.07 or 1.14d can infer what the situation in any other patch is.

So here is the first comparison for gems.txt which handles gems and runes. It's a short one but still interesting, especially in the High Rune sector. Note that you can't 'forward' rune or gem effects through the patches because the game loads them directly from the gems.txt of the current version when the game starts. (This is also the reason that gems have varying stats each game in Classic: Blizzard gave gems varying stats in gems.txt and they were never saved upon leaving the game, rather they were generated again each game)

(Notation: stupidity = 'Hit Blinds Target' and 'reduce-ac' = '-% to Target Defense / -% Target Defense' depending on patch)

Attachments

• gemstxtcomparison.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: entwilighter
Hiya guys - glad i found this forum! The first page here full of information is a godsend (the old forum with 250+ sites was way too overwhelming!

I played 1.07 on and off for a couple of years now and found an orb today I am pretty happy with.
Code:
Blood Song
Crystalline Globe
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 26
Durability: 29 of 30
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 20
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 30
Orb Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x32360514
+18 to Life
Cold Resist +34%
Poison Resist +12%
Adds 1-3 cold damage
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Nova (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Frozen Orb (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

I was wondering what your sorcs wear as a weapon?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High