1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Yeah the dropcalc is indeed wrong.

In any case Pindle just dropped magical Grim Helm so he obviously can drop above armo39. Super Uniques seem to drop from the TreasureClass3 column. Those are all correctly assigned, apart from all bosses', except the Smith.

D2R has gotten a bit stale for me, so I've gone back to 1.07. My FO sorc is level 56 and hasn't advanced past LK (I have a good map with two fires right by the WP).

If my goal is to craft MPK rings, what should I be doing? I just skimmed through @art_vandelay's guide, but the path is not clear to me.

Sorry for my laziness, but I'm hoping that someone can clue me in.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
All you really need is tons of sapphires (any quality will do) and junk rings. Thawing potions can be bought from the locals.

Crafting at level 8 gives you the best odds for fcr + mpk. If you dont want fcr i think you can go as low as level 5 or 3.

Reactions: snickersnack
Level 5 char for cubing plain MPK and level 8 char for cubing MPK with FCR mod. Those Cubers I seem to have.

m4ke

Reactions: snickersnack
All you really need is tons of sapphires (any quality will do) and junk rings. Thawing potions can be bought from the locals.

Crafting at level 8 gives you the best odds for fcr + mpk. If you dont want fcr i think you can go as low as level 5 or 3.
Level 5 char for cubing plain MPK and level 8 char for cubing MPK with FCR mod. Those Cubers I seem to have.

m4ke
Thanks!

Probably a dumb question but does anyone have a 1.07 grail Flavie DAT file? I could probably just make it myself but if someone else has already done it...

Farm gems pre-LoD. Some areas (like river of flame) drops a bunch of them, and in 1.00 has infinitely respawning maggot youngs whcih do drop items.

Well what started as a quest to find a couple Raven Claws for use in 1.14d has turned into a full-fledged 1.07 grail attempt. I got sucked in. Currently I'm sitting at -82 for the grail and I'm working on gearing a whirlwind barbarian for Travincal runs with the 375%ish breakpoint. I did some "shopping" at Andariel recently to round up most of the TC3s:

Pluckeye
Screenshot064.jpg

Hotspur
Screenshot071.jpg

Pelta Lunata
Screenshot072.jpg

Greyform
Screenshot078.jpg

Torch of Iro
Screenshot079.jpg

Bane Ash
Screenshot090.jpg

Lenymo
Screenshot092.jpg

Also picked up these bad boys:

Screenshot096.jpg
Screenshot084.jpg

Only TC3s I'm missing now are The Gnasher (Hand Axe) and Death's Guard (Sash).

Racking for my Trav Barb is going nicely:

Screenshot120.jpg
Screenshot128.jpg

I'm intending to run Duriel w/ my Sorc and Trav with my Barb to collect as many sets and uniques as possible. The rest will need to be racked other than Naj's Puzzler. Anyone have any tips on the most efficient grailing for 1.07? Act 5 caverns and Chaos Sanctuary for the Puzzler?

Attachments

• Screenshot085.jpg
    Screenshot085.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot078.jpg
    Screenshot078.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot078.jpg
    Screenshot078.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 10
I tried to find one of my three grailers, Cow King Boots! Didn't find them, naturally. But I found Ist Rune
01_Ist_Rune.jpg
And this:
02_Shimmering_20.jpg
20?? I have never seen any above 15..

Also got 2 CK Hats. Maybe it takes another three or so years of playing 1.07 to get green Heavy Boots drop at Cow level =)

m4ke

expanding on my earlier post...
Puzzler = Act V > Frozen Tundra > Infernal Pit > (Unique and/or Champion) Dark Lord & Blood Boss. (ATMA's odds 10078/25482 & 10712/27085 respectively) MF 370-ish.
My Sorc. and Act 1 Merc. use the "moat trick" to give Merc the kill.
Untested : but should also drop in the other Red Portals - mlvl93 areas > viz Abaddon & Pit of Acheron.
Don't know the "Run odds" but in gathering 100x Level 99 sc/gc's - to carry forward for re-rolling - I've seen at least two Puzzlers.

Reactions: Silvio415
20?? I have never seen any above 15..
Really? They are reasonably abundant imo; on par I'd say with 1.14 and the respective max there. Although a perfect roll is noteworthy- like that beauty that you found.

Had to check through my stash, this is the best I've found:

1674999387707.png

Cow King's Hooves on the other hand...did you try normal cow level runs? Probably you could spam the cow king if you self-MP and open the portal with another toon. Shouldn't take all that long I would imagine, although I haven't tried this method myself

Edit: Shameless plug for 1.07: This past year I stumbled upon the often overlooked fact that Larzuk will punch up to 4 holes in many magic weapons in 1.07. This leads to some beautiful twinking weapons for:

1675002248481.png 1675002378638.png1675001859035.png

1675002165383.png1675002217249.png

1675002695472.png

1.07 is waiting for you...

:p

Last edited:
I remember reading about poison damage having some kind of advantage in 1.07 but never played around with it.

Today this appeared:

1675685271592.png

Could it be useful in any way?

I remember reading about poison damage having some kind of advantage in 1.07 but never played around with it.

Today this appeared:

View attachment 85590

Could it be useful in any way?
Different sources of poison damage stack in a weird way - both the DPS (or damage per whatever-time-frame-is-used) stacks, and the duration stacks. So for example two times 20 damage over 2 seconds (10 DPS) results in 20 DPS for 4 seconds, i.e. 80 damage over 4 seconds. Edit: Fixed. I think it works like that in 1.08 and 1.09, too.
This can result in absurdly high damage per shot, especially on an Assassin thanks to Venom, but I'm not sure a melee weapon is overly useful. Usually, such a build is done with a bow.

It should be noted that posion damage does not stack with Rabies, and indeed using the skill prevents posion damage from being applied at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziambe
Hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing Sander's Riprap [That's my experience, so far]

Screenshot044.jpg

Last edited:
Any 1.07 veterans manage to make a 6-isted mf weapon? After finding 2 ists 'relatively' quickly kast year, i set myself the masochistic goal of farming 4 more this year...

Opinions on best source? Council is being greedy and ive already leveled 3 zons in to 99 in p8 cows (downright outrageous how few runes that has netted) I dunno if I cba to farm arcane sanctuary super chests which seems to be the only catalogued source.

Any ideas are welcome!

Any 1.07 veterans manage to make a 6-isted mf weapon? After finding 2 ists 'relatively' quickly kast year, i set myself the masochistic goal of farming 4 more this year...

Opinions on best source? Council is being greedy and ive already leveled 3 zons in to 99 in p8 cows (downright outrageous how few runes that has netted) I dunno if I cba to farm arcane sanctuary super chests which seems to be the only catalogued source.

Any ideas are welcome!
hellforge?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High