1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Can Ist not drop from chests in LK in this patch?
Had several Vex from copious chest/rack runs but, alas and alack no Ist. Mal's from Andy's gang. Gul Cows.
Good luck with the 4x Ist Quest [where were the first two found?]

Can Ist not drop from chests in LK in this patch?
Not LK, but from Act 2 and 5 super chests it is possible. Basically means Arcane Sanctuary or Halls of Pain, each of which have 2-3 patterns iirc. The problem with that is that I can't think of any other goals to combine with these super chests so it would break the golden rule of never farming one thing and one thing only.

I found the first 2 from Travincal last year. I signed up for the RFL so I hope that with a 20 hour investment I will find at least 1.

@m4ke could you help me find where those lovely racks are from your grailing screenshots? I cant find a similar spot in all 3 versions of the Halls of Pain and most certainly not in the Halls of Vaught...

@ziambe there is actually 4 different maps in HoP. Two with the same entering WP tile.

This one has the racks at the end:
Screenshot001.jpg

You starting a grail?

m4ke

expanding on my earlier post...
Puzzler = Act V > Frozen Tundra > Infernal Pit > (Unique and/or Champion) Dark Lord & Blood Boss. (ATMA's odds 10078/25482 & 10712/27085 respectively) MF 370-ish.
My Sorc. and Act 1 Merc. use the "moat trick" to give Merc the kill.
Untested : but should also drop in the other Red Portals - mlvl93 areas > viz Abaddon & Pit of Acheron.
Don't know the "Run odds" but in gathering 100x Level 99 sc/gc's - to carry forward for re-rolling - I've seen at least two Puzzlers.

I'm going to try this, thanks for the tip! I will report back. Also very intrigued to collect lvl 99 charms there, hadn't even thought of that.

Reactions: ziambe
there is actually 4 different maps
Ah that must be the reason, thanks!

A grail no, not really. Over the pre- and post-duriel years ive found probably 80-90% of items already.

I would like a sacred armor rack and possibly a thunder maul rack. Maybe i get lucky and find them together! Or beserker axe + shako/balrog skin. Thinking of all the combinations is exciting!

Reactions: snickersnack
Not LK, but from Act 2 and 5 super chests it is possible. Basically means Arcane Sanctuary or Halls of Pain, each of which have 2-3 patterns iirc. The problem with that is that I can't think of any other goals to combine with these super chests so it would break the golden rule of never farming one thing and one thing only.

I found the first 2 from Travincal last year. I signed up for the RFL so I hope that with a 20 hour investment I will find at least 1.
Thanks.
I Thought that the 3 (or 6, two camp fires) LK chests in Hell were super chests?

Thanks.
I Thought that the 3 (or 6, two camp fires) LK chests in Hell were super chests?
Yes they are. But superchests drop specific sets of items. I always forget the exact number, but i thinks its around 65K. So if Ist doesnt appear in any of the 65K of possibilities then youre s.o.l.

Fruit made a programme which generates all 65K possibilities of drops for superchests so thats how we know Ist cant come from a 1.07 act 3 superchest. The same programme reports that it can come from a2 or a5.

Does anyone know the chance of racked item being superior? AFAIK ethereal is 5%. I couldn't find anything in the guides or anywhere on the internet. +15% dmg superior eth seems to be way harder to rack than uniques. I'm not sure what to expect.

Does anyone know the chance of racked item being superior? AFAIK ethereal is 5%. I couldn't find anything in the guides or anywhere on the internet. +15% dmg superior eth seems to be way harder to rack than uniques. I'm not sure what to expect.
Try 15% eth with max sockets -1 or -2 :D :D took me more than 10k runs to find 1...

Set that as your goal and youll find at least 3 15% ED eths along the way!

If I read the guide correctly it depends of the qlvl of the item. Source.

m4ke

Thanks! Dunno how I missed that piece... but it answers all my questions.

Try 15% eth with max sockets -1 or -2 :D :D took me more than 10k runs to find 1...

Set that as your goal and youll find at least 3 15% ED eths along the way!

😵

Maybe I'll tone down my perfectionism instead. Rack running isn't the most interesting thing to do 😴

Reactions: snickersnack
And yet I just cant seem to stop :D
Maybe you should get a cat?

63085104.jpg

Reactions: ziambe
This one has the racks at the end:
Back to racking...@m4ke how often do you cycle racks on maps like this one?

Do you find it worthwhile to tele to the racks on the other map types of HoP?

Last edited:
Back to racking...@m4ke how often do you cycle racks on maps like this one?

Do you find it worthwhile to tele to the racks on the other map types of HoP?
Do you mean finding better maps by cycling? I have now pretty static situation. I have all the goods I need to rack behind few ticks (U & S) and bases I need are also accessible quickly. I haven't rolled new maps for ages in SC.

I have an ongoing HC project also in 1.07. It's a different story. I'll post about it later.

I use currently only Sins so I don't tele =) But I feel that rack must be close to be 100% stable so I wouldn't tele far if I had Sorcs too.

m4ke

I meant rack ticking (i guess its called ticking).

I mean, in your experience is it worthwhile to keep a map with a stable rack and try ticking the rack or better just to look for a new map?

Ah, ok =) Those maps in HoP I use are mostly 100% stable if there are no monsters after the last crossing of the path. And I reject instantly non stable racks.

Maps that my Sins keep ATM have their racks studied up to 30 ticks, some less. When I roll new maps (racks) I study then up to 10 ticks and decide then what to do with it. That's the reason I use Sins. Ticking the rack with traps is fast and stable also.

Short version of my answer: There can be only stable racks and ticking them is a way to increase drops. If one drops nothing useful or is not better than a one you already have it's rerolled.

m4ke

I've been working on racking the grailers I'm missing. I've mainly been using my barbarian rack runner with >250 FRW. Here's a progress update:

Sets:

Bul-Kathos Tribal Guardian
Screenshot148.jpg

Natalya's Mark
Screenshot152.jpg

Griswold's Redemption
Screenshot163.jpg

M'avina's Embrace
Screenshot181.jpg

Credendum
Screenshot210.jpg

Aldur's Deception
Screenshot213.jpg

Griswold's Honor
Screenshot221.jpg

Uniques:

Hellslayer
Screenshot193.jpg

Doombringer
Screenshot206.jpg

Blackoak Shield
Screenshot208.jpg

Stormshield
Screenshot214.jpg

Nosferatu's Coil
Screenshot218.jpg

The Grandfather
Screenshot257.jpg

That Grandfather was a real pain to rack, especially considering the ridiculous amount of BK swords I got:
Screenshot260.jpg

While gambling for crafting bases I was fortunate to get these gloves, first time I've ever shopped/gambled a pair in any version:
Screenshot266.jpg

And I rolled this pretty nice cobalt ring with my clvl 8 dedicated ring roller:
Screenshot198.jpg

I'm currently -48 for the 1.07 grail but I only have about 10 items left that must be racked. It'll be nice to be done racking for uniques.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High