1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

@Derklord
Quick question : Is unbugged Duriel a "Battlenet only" thing as I can't seem to get it to work offline?
No. I don't think 1.07 was even possible to play on bnet as 1.08 was out essentially. The odds are you are either missing a step, say not making town portal in Canyon of the Magi, or Duriel is following too close if you proceed to teleport to the north chamber.

For very simple troubleshooting:
-Get to the chamber
-Leave with town portal (or alternatively make sure Duriel doesn't follow you into the north chamber)
-Waypoint back to Canyon of the Magi and make a town portal, overriding your old one
-Teleport back to the chamber
-Finish Duriel and profit
-As alternatively noted, going where Tyrael is without Duriel following and then returning IIRC also works.

@Derklord
Quick question : Is unbugged Duriel a "Battlenet only" thing as I can't seem to get it to work offline?
Mjarr basically said it all. The "teleport deep into the chamber" method can sometimes fail (there's no surefire way of telling whether you're far away enough), part of why I dislike it and prefer my mythod with the double TP. Unless you forget the second TP (which you see when you enter Duriel's chamber again, in which case you just go through the open TP and do it again), that method never fails.

@Mjarr
@Derklord Great Grailer Spreadsheet BTW. Appreciate your effort.
Thanks, but still not working. Upon completion of Level 98 intend to swap out Act i Merc for Act ii (or Act 5 maybe) and see if that makes a difference. Meanwhile, keep trying.
Aside: Duriel has always given me the hebbie jebies. First ever build (Y2K) was a dual-wielding-leap-attack Barbarian but was unable to get past Hell Duriel and played Sorcs ever since.
Had I known the back-against-the-wall trick (to prevent his Jab Attack) things might have been different.
But obviously I'd like to make him pay!

What the hell are you doing? Can you give us a step-by-step?
Exactly the "For very simple troubleshooting:" mentioned earlier.
Killing Duriel in the front chamber as well as outback. Although, still to further mess around with the "alternative" method.
Maybe nothing but -
My discs are labelled : Windows 95/98/2000/ME/NT 4.0 English. What discs are you (others) using?

Edit - Afterthought. Actually, because Blizzard initially released the Game in two parts, my builds have to complete Classic before moving onto Expansion. Could that be a thing?
Edit2 - I've assumed Duriel should always drop at least one Unique like Andy, Meph ?
Edit3 - Still want to try Act i Merc without all her "poison" (wasn't poison bugged?)

Duriel (slivered but succumbed to poison) before exit/re-entry -

Screenshot004.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly the "For very simple troubleshooting:" mentioned earlier.
Is the poison damage still ticking by the time you go back in? That probably keeps Duriel "active" the entire time. Just get rid of the poison damage. If that doesn't fix it, please do a step-by-step in your own words. Or a video.

Duriel (slivered but succumbed to poison) before exit/re-entry
Well, if Duriel dies to poison damage from the first visit, he clearly never had a chance to become 'inactive'. Death by poison not applying MF properly when not present, or maybe in general, also isn't/wouldn't be surprising.

I've assumed Duriel should always drop at least one Unique like Andy, Meph ?
You can force uniques with 553+ MF just like the other act bosses, if that's what you mean. The drop still needs to roll a base item that has a unique version, and that doesn't happen all the time.

m4ke nice work with the OHM , Is there a Beta CTA on the way?

How many Sazabi's does it take to find your 1st Valor?

In my case it was 20 and about 12-13 hours run time over 6 days at about 110 to 140 runs per hour when I could
Found by the 99er so it can take maximum effect when eventually worn

Screenshot600.jpg

Finally got time & energy to play again!

I lost my previous Duriel map, this is what I got for a replacement after some rerolling:

1658751517691.png

Drops haven't been all that great, but at least I got Goblin Toe (twice) which I didn't have before. Some grailers too (Raven Frost (x2), Gore Rider, AoKL). Still no Tiamat's for javazon.

Arm of King Leoric
Tomb Wand
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 22
Durability: 9 of 15
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 36
Staff Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x2ddc1ce6
10% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
2% Chance to cast Level 5 Bone Spirit when struck
5% Chance to cast Level 2 Bone Prison when struck
+1 to Mana (1.25 per Character Level)

Goblin Toe
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 24
Durability: 14 of 18
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x36786fff
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 1
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
-1 to Light Radius
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

Goblin Toe
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 25
Durability: 13 of 18
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x454e59c1
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 1
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
-1 to Light Radius
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

Gore Rider
War Boots
Defense: 89
Durability: 17 of 24
Required Strength: 94
Required Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0x3c301b57
+65% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Maximum Damage
Requirements -25%
30% Faster Run/Walk
1% Extra Bloody
15% Deadly Strike

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x17ece0c1
Cold Resist +35%
Adds 15-25 cold damage
Cannot Be Frozen
4% Chance to cast Level 5 Frost Nova when struck

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x5fccda0b
Cold Resist +35%
Adds 15-25 cold damage
Cannot Be Frozen
4% Chance to cast Level 5 Frost Nova when struck

How many Sazabi's does it take to find your 1st Valor?

I think I got 14 Sazabi's before the 1st Valor.

@art_vandelay your 1.07 affix tables have been removed from google! Was this intentional? Luckily I copied archived them long ago, but not sure if you know about this.

Also, can anyone point me to a list for 1.07 weapon affixes? Or are they the same as 1.14d?

Thx!

Reactions: ziambe
Duriel dropped me a grailer. Quite a slow progress in the end..

Pus Spitter:
01_Pus_Spitter.jpg

Code:
Pus Spitter
Siege Crossbow
Two-Hand Damage: 58 to 121
Required Level: 36
Crossbow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x4b657a34
+190% Enhanced Damage
Poison Resist +25%
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
Adds 28-46 poison damage over 2 seconds
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
Requirements -100%
10% Increased Attack Speed
3% Chance to cast Level 3 Poison Nova on striking

It's -3 now.

Can someone tell me if the monsters from evil urns at Halls of Vaught can drop the Puzzler? Or what would be the best place to farm one?

m4ke

Blood Raven comes to mind...?
Nope, with a base item level of 64, only the very highest weapon drop (weap66) can roll it. Bloodraven maxes out at weap57, unbugged Duriel maxes out at weap60, and even council maxes out at weap63. Only the last four TC groups [Act 4 (H) B and the Act 5 (H) A-C] go high enough.

Can someone tell me if the monsters from evil urns at Halls of Vaught can drop the Puzzler?
All uniques (apart from Hephasto) starting at City of the Damned should be able to drop it. Not all regular monsters, because a bunch of monsters have their normal TC written as their hell drop table for regular monsters (the reverse of the issue withact bosses and most superuniques), but those have a 1 in 20+ million drop chance, anyway. Cows can drop it, too, but regular cows still only get to ~1/10+mio. My best bet would be Pindle-runs.

@Derklord Thanks! Ah Pindle.. IIRC @WoRG wrote not so long time ago that Pindle cannot drop it(?) I'm confused. ATMA Drop Calc says that he can though.

m4ke

My ATMA says that Pindle can't drop anything above weap-/armo36. Defiled Warriors are one of those enemies that have incorrectly set treasure classes; their TC in hell is set to "Act 5 H2H C" i.e normal difficulty tc.

I don't know how super unique monsters actually even work in 1.07; SuperUniques.txt lacks the columns for Treasure Classes altogether. Maybe they drop from the TreasureClass 3 (the one for unique monsters), in which case Pindle should be able to drop Naj's Puzzler (i assume we're talking about it). ATMA agrees that any standard Defiled Warrior boss (but not minions) in hell can drop from weap66.

My ATMA says that Pindle can't drop anything above weap-/armo36
It looks like you're using the outdated ATMA with the erroneous drop calc. You can actually see it being clearly wrong if you follow the TCs, because Act 5 H2H C can roll Act 5 Equip C, which can roll weapo39 and armo39.

Defiled Warriors are indeed one of the monsters I mentioned where regulars in hell drop from their normal TC... which actually makes testing it very easy. Just do a couple Pindle runs and see if anything above base item level 39 drops. It does.

Reactions: Apila
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High