1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Crafted these today with my lvl 91 sorc. Pretty pleased. They will serve my new ama nicely..

Is there a chance of getting up +6 to jav skills on a javelin for crafts?

That is lovely with the way lightening fury works! I bet the life leech is enough, too. Let us know how well it does, and how expensive it is to repair.

With as many crafts as that probably took, I would imagine you would be able to answer that question yourself. What was the highest +skills that you saw?

Hey,

Yeah it should be great for Lf with all that physical damage..

This was actually my first craft of a javelin:thumbup: so i dont know haha..

I will report back on how it works and what the cost to repair is.. Ill also compare it to
Multishot with 80%+ crushing blow as i am doind a hybrid :)

My zon has been running some cows (P8) with both bow (80% crushing blow) and LF. LF is definately better but MS is good aswell...

Repairs of the crafted javelin is not to bad (85K)

@Snooker: I'm not sure if +6 jav skills is possible or not, but this drop makes me positive that +5 IS.
Code:
Prefix 1238 Stag Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 7 to 13
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 55
Required Strength: 35
Required Level: 14
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x3ebc081b
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
WoRG

Thx Worg. Sweet bow that :).

I do doubt that lots + skills will be better than a good damage javelin in 1.07. I am using it with tiamats which is probably best in 1.07 (if all damage is transferred which i am quite sure of). All Cows are blue and scared (Rattlecage) anyways :) .

Is all damagesources delivered to all bolts? Even damage charms?

That's what I've understood at least, that everything gets added.

Ah nice.. Will try that later.

Kimpii i have done some tests regarding more drops or not with more players in the game. And this is what i see so far.

8 players in the game unpartied (7 players in town) = No extra drops
8 players in the game unpartied in the same zone (cows) = No extra drops and no experience sharing

So next i will try partied (with 7 in town) to see if that helps drops.

That's interesting about the drops. I suspected that only partied players in the area affected the drops but never bothered to do any tests.

Yep.

Partied while 7 chars in town = no experience share and no droprate increase.

Partied whith 7 chars (one in town) = shared experience and increased drops and also alot more lag. I run all 8 instances on the same computer and its alittle to much

I had some strange lag too where the monsters never were at the place their model was. You can work around it by backing off more often so you don't get mobbed by invisible cows but it's going to increase runtimes.

There were some runs though where I didn't get any lag at all. The runs were done with 5 instances and an overclocked quadcore.

I have done a lot of self-MPing in 1.07 using several computers, one for each character (mostly old laptops.) Cows works well for this as I go to a corner, clear it out, open a portal, and then have the other characters come in and huddle together. Cows is a big enough level that once things are set up, you can cow for a while, with decent drops and experience for the other characters. Lag wasn't much of a problem for me as there wasn't much happening with the other characters, and all they did was stand around or maybe BO the cowazon. This was almost all softcore, by the way. Occasionally a stray cow would wander off to the huddled clump of characters. If the characters had some mercs, I could usually hear about their troubles early enough (from the mooing) to run over there and do something about it. The other computers were all in another room and I had the volume turned way up on one of them. Sometimes it was a flight of steps to get there which led to some excitement...

I often did similar things with multiple computers on b.net, particularly in 1.09 where you didn't need for the characters to be close to the killer to get experience. But with 1.10+, those experience-leeching methods are now obsolete as the characters need to be within a screen or two to get experience now and to improve drops fully. I would still use multiple computers in 1.10+ on b.net, but that was mostly for BO-ing, enchanting and HC looting (if needed) purposes.

I tested the increased drops and came to the same conclusion. Putting a few characters (3 extra is all I have past hell Baal) in the game increased the drops a lot, but you share experience with them. So it makes you choose if you want drops or to level. I have also been putting an extra restriction for myself in that I can only have characters that I actually played through hell Baal on their own (i.e. not rushed characters) in the cow level with me.

I also have a hard time if I fill the game and put extra characters in the cow level. Invisible cows hurt, ha; and the deaths make it harder to get exp. My nova sorc was actually gaining exp slower than the parked characters due to dying so often. I had to put only 4-5 characters per game to smooth out the gameplay.

The increased drops is nice because a lot more gems and runes drop. I found my second Kelpie Snare in the second game of trying it.

Can shields get 4 sockets in 1.07? I know Monarch can't, but what about Paladin Shields? What about Aegis?

All types of paladin shields can get 4 sox...REALLY been wanting to know about Aegis and Ward, myself, but I haven't got any racks that drop them...

I have tried socketing several blue Aegises with Larzuk, but have only gotten three sox so far, and I've been saving the remaining socket quests I have currently...I do HF rush, tho, so I'll be trying some more soon.

Speaking of sockets, WHY does the game love to do this to SO many of my ethereals?:
Code:
Loricated Mail
Defense: 745
Durability: 19 of 19
Required Strength: 139
Required Level: 64
Item Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0x55f1bc72
+50% Enhanced Defense
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), [highlight]Socketed (1: 0 used)[/highlight]

and I rather liked this charm:
Code:
Prefix 834 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0x7806feab
+26 to Life
+11 to Minimum Damage

WoRG

If you are going for 3-socketed aegis', why not craft some and then you'll automatically get 3 sockets from Larzuk? I've gotten some nice ones that way but the huge minus for aegis is the strength requirement, of course. On a crafted shield, there is a good chance you'll get some other mods which work out better than the fourth socket would give you anyway, except possibly facets...

Hey All,

Just a quick update--

I finished another month of 1.07: took the Hunter Druid through with minimal resistance from Hell Ancients through Baal (Buriza + Guillame's), the Hammerdin is silly-good with minimal equipment, and Trapsin is still slow but safe through NM. No great crafts or finds yet, but I'm finding that a barb running Hell Council is about as good as a MS Zon running Hell Cows for useful drops. I did find a decapitator rack, but only ran it for a few Eths rather than Hellslayer.

Back to the 1.12 grind, now with my 12 year old daughter in tow!

Hi all .

After tinkering with gear on my LF/bow hybrid i have come to the conclusion that crushing blow is also transferred to the bolts and not just o the thrown javelin:thumbup:. Dont know if this is know or not.

Also noticed some sort of bug. I have a socketed Guillames and armor and it seems that if i move the armor or helm to the stash and save and exit they dissapear. Happened to me a few times. So make sure you back up your saves :)

I have just restarted fresh again. This time in 1.07. My first character is a Sorceress. Not sure what skills I will use but we'll see.

I'm thinking of going hardcore once my Isabella reaches nightmare. I have never played hardcore before and have a feeling that 1.07 might not be the best training grounds. Or maybe, that is exactly what it is?

I have studied the FAQ in the hardcore forums for tips and decided that it is time. Wish me luck! :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High