1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

All shopped items are clvl+5 and you should be able to get a BA if you already shopped those other high qlvl weapons. I shopped mine at lvl78 I think. Just stick to it and don't try to shop in A1, the items don't seem to get upgraded to exp/elite there.

On other news, I could swear that I got more drops now that I rushed some toons to stand in the Cow Level although they're not supposed to affect it.

Thanks, I actually got one now, still one more to go - at least!

Interesting... I saw the drop, VERY nice, running a russet armour rack in NM myself to get one, really want to try and go for the 556% MF breakpoint.

/g

jDer
NP, my pleasure ;)

@gedda-d-e
You dont need magic weapon to craft - plain, rare, unique, set all work. For me it's less boring to search for a BA rack (you want those 4/5/6os eth, right? Just dont throw away failed ones) than shop for it.
Also a tip: When you shop always check armors - 24fhr/100life can get 4os from Larzuk. Is a cool way to get godly armor for low level dueling - Something's Gothic Armor of 80 life and 4 os easily tops 3os Light Plate with 80 life.

Last edited:

Chance for Monarch of deflecting is very elusive, but it is possible, so 1-2 seconds spend on looking through the shields can give you one of the rarest shields - deflecting with 4os.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the max amount of sockets a Monarch can have in 1.07 three? What about Aegis and Ward?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the max amount of sockets a Monarch can have in 1.07 three? What about Aegis and Ward?

What? I've never written THAT!!! ;)

Of course, you are right. I should stop posting stuff when I'm sick, I tend to let the dreams and imagination take over the reality. *goes to bed*

What? I've never written THAT!!! ;)

Of course, you are right. I should stop posting stuff when I'm sick, I tend to let the dreams and imagination take over the reality. *goes to bed*

I wasn't sure about this so thanks for kind of confirming it. :)

But Aegis and Ward can both have four sockets in 1.07, right?

On other news, I could swear that I got more drops now that I rushed some toons to stand in the Cow Level although they're not supposed to affect it.

Oh cool news..Anyone else see that?

I have some news aswell (maybe known already though). I have been running NM travincal alot (hell trav is annoying with a titan build heh) and they drop some nice stuff. Got a lovely green swirling crystal there yesterday (have full 1.07 tals now yay) and a golden dimensional blade (Ginthers is pretty good in 1.07). Also got Tals helm many times from them.

Anyone knows what Tcs they can drop?

EDIT they just dropped Trangs bracers aswell

The drops definitely increased with more players, it can clearly be seen when there's several partied peeps standing around in the area.

Don't know about the TCs unfortunately.

On other other news, I thought I couldn't do it yet but I managed to get to 556% mf. I was left a little shy of it first but decided to run Meph anyways and he dropped a Goldwrap that got me over the line. :)

The drops definitely increased with more players, it can clearly be seen when there's several partied peeps standing around in the area.

Don't know about the TCs unfortunately.

On other other news, I thought I couldn't do it yet but I managed to get to 556% mf. I was left a little shy of it first but decided to run Meph anyways and he dropped a Goldwrap that got me over the line. :)

I have not seen the increased drops, as I have not put more than one or two extra characters in the same area. I am assuming you did this in the Cow level, but I will surely have to try it for myself!

One thing the guide doesn't state is that you do can reliably get uniques before you get to 556% mf. I don't remember what mf %'s I had done before I got 556, but I do remember averaging about 4 uniques per 3 runs.

I never got any good unique jewelry, but me and my merc's survivability made it annoying to run Meph, and the merc died to Andy too easily. What merc are you using and what gear?

I have been running with 4 additional characters at the moment because I didn't want to rush 7 through Hell at the same time and decided to do it in two parts. And yes, in the cow level.

Yes, they do start to drop earlier but of course it's nicer when all drops are gold. :)

My merc is using a 4 Topaz Gothic Plate and a 3 Topaz Crown with the Bul-Kathos CB, he's the barbarian type. I haven't ran Andy yet but what I do with Meph is the moat trick. I tele from the upper side, the council spawns on the middle platform. I aggro Meph and tele to the left side behind the moat. I static until he is at a sliver and tele on top of him and spam static. He targets me instead of the merc and I can take 2 of his swings when at full health. Also, the council don't seem to mind the merc standing next to them, just control him with tele when he charges Meph and the couple of seconds the Conviction is on him. He does die from time to time to the cold ball though.

My own gear is: +3cold orb, Ptopaz Harley, Ptopaz Skullder's, Milabrega's shield, Goldwrap, Crafted gloves with 25mf, 30mf boots, Nagel, 24mf ring, 30mf amulet with rest from Charms.

Hey all.

Nice to see the thread alive and kicking again :)..

I tried to use 7 mules in the cowlevel and thought it brought more drops (not 100%sure though). All of a sudden they were all killed before i had finished the level (guessing it had todo with one of the chars having a merc that liked beef :)..

Regarding Meph. I just teleport on Mephisto and as Kimpii says meph will only it you. So just make sure you have many pots,life and Fhr and no problem.

On another note i have just racked my second golden balrog skin (just couldnt leave the great map i had). Now i can make the same rack a wire fleece so i think i will have a go for that..

Also found my best damage jewel (24%dam 7 max dam) :thumbup:. It feels like its reaaaly hard to find %damage jewels in 1.07 so i am pleased.

Whats your best find in terms of jewels?

Love it one you rack one fast. Couldnt have been more than 30 runs:thumbup:

The cows seem to have a huge radius for their wandering when woken up. I always clear an area around the portal before bringing in the others and after that try not to tele around aimlessly so other cows don't wake up. I don't use a merc there either, haven't found much use for him.

My best jewel would be one of these:

Code:
Prefix 873 Jewel of Knowledge
Required Level: 6
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x407e757a
+3 to Energy
+25% Enhanced Damage

Prefix 1012 Jewel
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x13f25940
All Resistances +5

K .

Havent found many attackspeed jewels either (one i think).

Anyho i have started a Amazon inspired by Nerminds level 99 .. She is 29 at the moment.

I'm thinking of playing 1.07. I haven't tried it before.
Since I believe there are break points for mf that give all unique drops for example. I was wondering if it is a similar level of mf that will give you all rare drops? The fact that bosses cannot drop of the higher TC's doesn't matter much since rare items are upgradable. Or is a high quality level important for an item to be able to receive high level magic bonuses?

Would this be a viable way of finding a lot of rare items and thus increase the chances of finding useful ones? Does the bonuses on rares differ any/much from 1.13 for example?

@zoo: I'm no 1.07 expert, but I'm pretty sure you can't upgrade rares (or uniques) in 1.07. All those upgrade recipes were introduced with 1.10.

Affixes are determined by the level of the monster/rack/chest that produced the item, not the quality level of the item type itself. That means you can get a top-end affix on a Short Sword if it's dropped by Pindle, for example.

The affixes you can get in 1.07 are listed in the Strategy Manual that comes with the Battle Chest - I know that charms can't get elemental damage affixes, but I'm not sure what the differences on weapons/armor would be.

@zoo: I'm no 1.07 expert, but I'm pretty sure you can't upgrade rares (or uniques) in 1.07. All those upgrade recipes were introduced with 1.10.

Affixes are determined by the level of the monster/rack/chest that produced the item, not the quality level of the item type itself. That means you can get a top-end affix on a Short Sword if it's dropped by Pindle, for example.

The affixes you can get in 1.07 are listed in the Strategy Manual that comes with the Battle Chest - I know that charms can't get elemental damage affixes, but I'm not sure what the differences on weapons/armor would be.

It sure would be cool to be able to upgrade the rares found to elite base in 1.07. However, if I were to start playing 1.07 for racking those sweet uniques and weapon bases and it turns out killing bosses would be a good way of finding godly rares as well, it might be worth it even if I have to forward items to 1.10+ before upgrading them.

I'll try to see if I can find some info on the affixes online.

Thanks for the input. :)

Edit: I just checked the wayback machine for the arreat summit and found the site as it was somewhere in aug 2001 I think. This looks to be right before the 1.09 patch was introduced so it is probably not the same as for 1.07, but many of the higher useful weapon mods were magic only according to this list. Things like Fool's, King's, Quickness and Metoric (121-150 AR) are available, while Shocking, Strange, Cruel and Masters are not. Mechanics only add 1 socket compared to 1-2 in 1.13.

Haven't checked the bonuses for armors and barb helms yet. Those might be more similar to whats enabled in later patches.

Last edited:

You can bring 1.07 rares forward to 1.10+ and upgrade them there- I've gotten some nice weapons from that. One thing to note is that the base damage in 1.07 of elite weapons is often only a little bit more than the exceptional versions, but when you bring them forward that gets adjusted properly (upwards.) For armors, again the base defense ranges on elite items are lower than in later versions, but apparently since it is just one number picked from a range, those don't change when brought forward. I suspect if rare armors are brought forward and then upgraded, they would have the modern (1.10+) defense but I haven't done any experiments with that.

I've actually had better luck with outrageous magic items from 1.07 than outrageous rares, as there is a chance that magic items can get 4 sockets from Larzuk in 1.07. I have a Cruel Phase Blade of Quickness with 4 sockets which was a great fireclaws bear weapon, for example.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High