1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Does anyone have an extra or unused Nature peace ring?? Hell Nihlathak is pissing me off. 1 CE and my orb sorc is dead.

BTW does anyone experince this?? my act 2 normal merc (prayer aura) suddenly generate a might aura. At start prayer aura is displayed but after a while, he's aura became MIGHT. but i check his damage, nothing changes.

-----

Edit: NVM, i just killed nihty. I just lure those creeps out of nihty sight before killing them then position myself in a spot where i can clearly see nihty and no corpse around then spam Frozen Orb. Take me about 10 tries, good thing i just level up before doing it so no exp wasted and Nihty didn't spawned with Tele ability.

Last edited:

Question about 1.07 racking. Can I rack Thresher in LK?? I need an eth thresher for my infinity base. Thanks.

@WoRG

Thank you so much!
Your post pretty much explains all the things that I didn't understand about the crafting in 1.07.

To sum everything up: when crafting a H.Bow your clvl matters only when it comes to number of affixes, because you wont have ilvl > qlvl, so your final ilvl of the craft = qlvl.
78 is an optimal clvl, because you won't benefit from the higher one.

Well, I double checked and Hydra Bow IS 74 qlvl (according to Addendum to 1.07 guide).
I also triple checked and there is a cruel prefix on my bow, unless there is some kind of wierd affix in 1.07 that are not listed on The Arreat Summit.
It is nice to know that cruel can spawn, I will continue to craft and see if I can generate a suffix with higher alvl.

@jDer

Yep, you can. You can't only rack Bows, Xbows, staves, orbs and wands.

Baquarah and Worg.

So this means no 580% ed bow is possible?. If so what is best possible?

@jDer: Thresher is qlvl65, so racks from areas that are lvl66+ can drop them...earliest should be NM Nilithak's Temple, but Hell LK is probably best.

I personally always hit superchests and poppables that are on my path...while it adds to run times, its worth it IMO (gotten some nice charms, jewels, and other goodies that way)

@baqarah: you've pretty much got it, however, final ilvl of the craft will be clvl*0.66, not qlvl...but for high qlvl items, it will be qlvl rather than ilvl that determines alvl (I'm not trying to be nitpicky, just wanting to be clear)

Its also worth noting for clarity that clvl 78 is optimum for most high qlvl items, but that higher clvls are still desireable for crafting low qlvl items, amulets, and rings.

@snooker: I don't believe that 580% is possible on a craft, because that requires perfect Grandmaster's, Cruel, and Greater Craft automod %ED. I'm pretty sure that Grandmaster's alvl is just too high to spawn on a craft (its alvl 69 in 1.09, and the highest qlvl on any weapon in 1.07 is 76, which can get alvl 53...). As to what the max possible is...I honestly don't know. I have suspected that the alvls of several high level affixes are a bit different in 1.07...it looks like Cruel is at least a couple alvls lower than in 1.09, if this is true of Master's, King's, Fool's, or Grinding, then they might also be available:nod:

In any case, on a Hydra Bow, Lord's is certainly available, and with Cruel and the Greater Craft automod could give 80 + 300 + 80 = 460% ED, and of Evisceration could also spawn...not to mention 3 Sockets from Larzuk...:thumbup:

On a completely different note, I crafted this today with a Sorc I'm questing thru Hell...I was hoping for big +Mana and FCR (11% :crazyeyes: ), instead I got something very nice for a Zon:
Code:
Order Wing
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xfc978d4
+20 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 14%
Damage Reduced by 24
3% Mana stolen per hit
31% Extra Gold from Monsters
1% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

WoRG

Got a nice stable balrog skin rack.

55066054.jpg

If i take the red route, it will drop Mask.

If i take the blue route, it will drop Balrog Skin.

@ jDer - very nice, and incredible map! I take it you won't stop at one golden balrog skin?

@snooker
Exactly what WoRG said.
460%ed is possible (almost 100% sure about that)
There is a slight chance that 530%ed (with Master's) is possible.
I dont believe you can get 580%ed (Grandmaster's).

Evisceration suffix is possible (+63 max damage = 80%ed on Hydra Bow)
If you manage to get Grinding prefix instead of Lord's it gives you 79.25 max damage on lvl 99 (=100%ed on Hydra Bow)

So Perfect Greater Crafted (80%) Hydra Bow with Cruel (300%), Grinding (100%) of Evi (80%), 20 ias and 3 open sockets has effectively 560% ed (258 avg damage at lvl 99). And we know that such an item can be crafted.
If Grandmaster's can spawn (we doubt that) the max effective ed is 660% (296 avg damage).

Windforce's avg damage = 291

And as 2x 40ed/15max damage jewels (additional 2 sockets) give you 46 avg damage, [highlight]it IS possible to outdamage the Windforce[/highlight].

@WoRG
Yeah, yeah, I know. You 1.07crafting Nazi ;)

@jDer
When rolling new maps I always go for super chests. When I find a nice rack (like a BA/GPA/Thresher/AP rack) I tend to run it for a while, but dont focus on speed so much and I pop every superchest that dont mess up my seed.
However, if I go for a specific item (like this wonderfull Balrog Skin rack) I ignore chests to optimize my run times.
Also: is the screen real? Screen and/or readout of the drop! NOW!!! EDIT: nvm, its in IFT.

Last edited:

baqarah and Worg thx alot for your contribution :thumbup: really appreciate it.

I am not good at all this calculating stuff ha..

So the chance is there to get a awasome bow and thats really good news.

Regarding superchests. HIT THEM !!!!!:yes:.. I always yes always. Did i say always? hit them. I change map if i dont get atleast one hut map with an item i look to rack. And i hit that chest regardless if it reduces time.

If not youll get the rack disease! :)..

FYI. I have gotten Lo, Vex, Gul, Ist while racking (Vex one run and Gul the next:whistling: so go get them !

Also..Shop til you drop. Things like this (pray for 4 sockets) pop up (rarely but....)

Guys, have an issue..
Made a runeword and left it on my char, now that char is lvl 1 and all theitems are gone! Same thing as in this thread; http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345694
Any way to get it back? Will get really cranky if there isn't! :(

/g

Nevermind, used the .org files, as I made it down the list it worked out with number 7 or 8! Yay. Getting rid of that bramble asap.

Last edited:

I've seen some traders in the trade forum prefer 1.07 eth Thresher for their Infinity base? Here's the stat of an eth thresher in 1.07 stash.

Code:
Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 24 to 204
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 108
Required Strength: 142
Required Level: 65
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x3324cf6b
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

And here the stat of an eth 1.13c thresher.

Code:
Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 18 to 211
Required Level: 53
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x74f2d1ef
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

1.13c thresher has more max damage than 1.07. Again the 1.07 thresher is still in 1.07 stash so i dont know if it will change if i move it in 1.13c. Am i missing something??

And what are the mostly racked item in 1.07. Guides listed those uniques but i can't find a list of normal weapons in 1.07 that are mostly racked. Like for example eth BA's.

Thanks.

The damage is updated when it's brought forward. Here's one from 1.13c:

Code:
Thresher 
Two Hand Damage: 27 (18) - 316 
Required Level: 53 
Fingerprint: 0x26c5b499 
Item Level: 99 
Version: Expansion 
50% Enhanced Damage Ethereal

For the most racked whites I would look at what RWs are mostly made in.

Worth looking for (IMO) for their bases:

Weapons:

Pole:
GPA - eBotD anyone? The best base for BotD, IMO
Thresher - Infinity/Insight
Cryptic - Infi/Insight/Obedience

Swords:
Cryptic - BA is better though
Balrog Blade - Oath
Champion Sword - Oath
Collosus Blade/Sword
Phase - easy to find in 1.13 not worth the effort.

Axes:
BA - all the most usefull RWs - Oath, Death, Grief, BotD. Farm as many as you can!!!
Small Crescent - Oath - lvl req 49, everyone should have one!
Ettin Axe - Oath, Death - Oath will hit the fastest WW bp, bigger damage than BA, smaller range though
Feral Axe? Champions Axe? Dunno

Scepters:
War Scepter - +3 Holy Shield beta 1.10 CtA anyone? (I have a stable rack right now :) )

Spears:
dunno, only spearazon would use it, why bother?

Knives:
Really...? Knives?

Mauls:
Thunder Maul - Botd? Passion? slow but hurty, if you go after style points
Ogre Maul - [highlight]NOT[/highlight] the fastest ww bp, big damage, BotD? GPA is better IMO
Scourge - BA has more damage, but you could make an Oath in it

Bows/Xbows/staves/wands - cant drop

Body Armors:
Archon Plate - very common armor, light, not high reqs.
Light elite armors - they drop very freuqently, I have lots of them from rolling my maps, you don't really need to look for them.
Eth versions - only usefull as eth bugged 'Treachery' for your merc.

Eth versions of armors are worse than 1.13 counterparts (eth is calculated differently).

Shields:
Monarchs - they are easily found in 1.13, but maybe for eth spirit ones?
Elite pala shields - they have less defence than in 1.13, if defence is not needed you can hunt for +all res. Don't search for eth ones (Exile base) because def will be low.
Necro heads - is Splendor worth your time? If yes - than nova/lower resists or bspirit/bspear. I am not sure how automods work but I think its not really possible to get +RS/+SM from LK Hell rack.

One can search for godly magic shields (some crazy-*** deflecting + pala skill @45) and hope for 4os from Larzuk, but I dont think rackrunning is the best way to find them.

Headgear:
Circlets - not really "base item" but in 1.07 they ALWAYS spawn magic or rare, so its a great way to find some useful +skill one. They can get 1 os in 1.07! Dont waste your socket quest on it (like I did ;( )
Barb helms - spawn often with WW, Frenzy or Berserk. +3 WW/+3 Berserk/+3 Mastery (or something like that) Delirium looks kinda cool. Also 2os +Mainskill/Mastery is a great twinking item ('Lore' for +4 skills).
Druid ones - I think they are the same as in 1.13. Also: 2os +3 Hurricane for uber 'Lore'

Is it all?

Last edited:

baqarah, very good post. I am thinking maybe someone here should compile this info, as well as the info on unique racking provided by Arkado, think this would make for a very good compilation in the end, especially with the popularity of 1.07 increasing with the release of 1.13c and the need for BA for all your high prices RW's :whistling:

/g

Small observations:
- I don't remember seeing 4sox champion swords, can they have 4?
- IIRC 70% IAS is needed on Ogre Maul for last ww bp, so no ebotd there
- Eth armors are worse if, and only if, you make a runeword with %defense on it. For every runeword without it, 1.07 versions are still better.

Any ideas where the Replenish got stacked here? The greater craft has 8-15 replenish. Also, the stamina drain rolls 80-90%, at least in the later patches so it might not be that.

Code:
Eagle Tread
Mirrored Boots
Defense: 59
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Strength: 163
Required Level: 69
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x2d0cc7b7
+18 to Life
Poison Resist +10%
2% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +3
30% Faster Run/Walk
82% Slower Stamina Drain
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

Small observations:
- I don't remember seeing 4sox champion swords, can they have 4?
- IIRC 70% IAS is needed on Ogre Maul for last ww bp, so no ebotd there
- Eth armors are worse if, and only if, you make a runeword with %defense on it. For every runeword without it, 1.07 versions are still better.

- Legend Sword have max 3 sockets, rest of 2h elite swords have 4+sockets
- Oh yeah, you're right. I have no idea why I thought that it hits the last bp.
- yeah, but there is only one decent armor RW without %def that you would want to give your merc - 'Treachery'. I didn't want to get into all of the calculation details, I wanted to keep the post as short as possible.

Guys, is there a level req on shopping? I know there is a -4/+5 (or something) for gambling but is there one for shopping? Got a lvl 75 sorc and I am yet to see a single BA! Have CS, CB, Thunder Maul, PB but no BA's! I want to craft one or two for my Frenzy barb as end-game weaps, finally have the jewels for two crafts as well!

/g

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High