1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

One thing to be careful about is that I believe 1.07 runewords can cause ATMA some trouble. I've steered clear of them in general as a result.

@Kefka: yes, it is possible to have a sequence of racks which generally drop the same items. So finding a seed with good dependable racks of several desirable types is great if you are lucky enough to find one!

Yeah, I have an old skool mule charater holding several Axes of Fechmar and a couple IceBlinks ;)

I was told not long ago that ATMA V has issues with 1.10s and that I should use ATMA IV instead... anyone know if ATMA IV would be better for 1.07? (or WHY I should be using it for 1.10s...no details were given?)

I do know that it would be really great if ATMA could get the level requirements on itamz closer...its usually not even close

WoRG

Looks like the fire res recipe. It also reads so above the readout. :)

Oh, yeah.. Which is what? Apologies, might not be doing enough quality research here but I can't seem to find it..
Also, is there some ideal level I should cube it at? Similar to the MPK/FCR ring I mean.

/g

Yes, that was the fire resist recipe. The 1.07 basic Raven Frosts have everything that ring has except the fire resistance.

Code:
Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x4d4b06d9
Item Level: 62
Version: Expansion
Properties: 
Fire Resist +31%
Cold Resist +35%
+15 - 25 cold damage with 0 sec Duration
Cannot Be Frozen
4% Chance to cast level 5 Frost Nova when struck

CBF on the ring is good but no AR or dex, and cold resist instead of absorb, aren't nearly as nice.

One hint if you plan to do a lot of fire resist rings: when you run into an exploding shrine, pick up the potions one by one into different boxes of your inventory. If you just click on them, they stack into piles, and it is a hassle to find those potions for the fire resist recipe.

I've got a decent collection of set, unique and rare jewelry that popped out of those recipes. One of my favorites was also used on Siarnaq, the prismatic Saracen's Chance which has the CtC Amp which is wonderful.

Edit: the recipe is

1 magical ring + any ruby + 1 exploding potion = 1 ring with 6-36% fire res

The ring that pops out can be magic (with a suffix, prefix, or both), rare, set or unique, and then the rolled fire resist is added to whatever it would have been without it. By far most of them are magic, but occasionally you get the set or rare and very occasionally you get a unique. Unfortunately the Nagels that you usually get for uniques are 1.07 ones which are pretty weak.

A good place to look for the recipes is: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575208 this thread.

Thanks a lot! Are we still talking the same ratios on Magic:Rare:Unique as for racking and such?

That is one sexy char by the way ;)

/g

Hey All,

Been away for a looooong time, but I picked up 1.07 again after a nasty piece of malware lead to reinstalling DII and Atma. Here's a brief reiteration on crafting/racking:

MPK rings: thawing potion + any quality sapphire + any magic ring. Lvl 8 character is supposedly optimum.

Prismatic amulets are quite nice (1 of each PGem + Magic amulet) even if you don't get set/unique. NOTE: pre-1.10 set part do not contribute the partial bonuses.

Racking: Set bits are pretty easy to rack 1/100, eth are 1/20ish but come with sockets often enough to mess up your desired target. It's better to hit all of LK in a sweep that picks up superchests and whatnot to grab gems and charms (+20 dmg "of maiming" GCs are readily available in Hell)

Viable characters/questing

I finally got my hunter druid through Hell. The Ancients were a much greater challenge than Baal due to space constrictions. The Blessed Hammerdin is waiting to beat the ancients, slow in the Tunnels but not impossible. Trapsin is using Hwanin's Justice (waiting for Shae rune to drop for the Bill) 90% of the time, Bone Spirit Necro is tearing through NM with +28 MPK ring, etc. The guide I submitted is holding up well. I take the Frenzy Axe barb out often for Travincal runs to get crafting supplies: he dies 1/20 tries at level 76 and is quite fun.

My advice at this point to anyone looking for a little time-travel goodness is to hunt the racks for the Uniques that are better than 1.11+: Harlequin's Crest, Arkaine's Valor, Gerke's Sanctuary, etc. The new 1.13 rune availability makes the Balrog Blade/Colossus Blade/Zwiehander racks better, and you will find those before the Balrog Skin racks that finally cough up the gold items.

Best of luck and good hunting!

MPK rings: thawing potion + any quality sapphire + any magic ring. Lvl 8 character is supposedly optimum.
Level 8 is optimum if the goal is to get a "Triumphant Ring of the Apprentice" which generally gives the huge MPK bonus along with 10% FCR. If you are interested in getting one of those as quickly as possible, go with a level 8 character. If you are interested in other suffixes (I believe Triumphant needs to be the prefix to get the huge MPK, although I think I have seen some Triumphant ones that came out that had the cold resist and not the big MPK bonus) then you may want to roll with a higher level character, and if you are interested in rares, sets or uniques then you may prefer a higher level character for cubing them. For me, once I got some plain MPK rings I went with higher level characters and (eventually!) got some rare rings with the MPK bonus as well as some set and unique rings with the cold resist bonus.

No unique nor set ring has MPK, so they'll never get it, huge or not. Rares, however, have a better chance, and more so when low level.

@helvete: Indeed, sorry, I should have been clearer. The good thing about getting a set or unique with the cold resist recipe is that you get the set/unique with all of it's normal modifiers, but with an additional 6-36% cold resist. And no change in the level requirement. That's similar to the Raven Frost rolled above, although that example was for the fire resist. For example, here is the best Angelic Ring I've gotten out of the cold resist recipe:

Code:
Angelic Halo
Ring
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0xa8fd613
Item Level: 62
Version: Expansion
+20 to Life
Replenish Life +6
Cold Resist +35%
Set (2 items): +24 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
Set (3 items): 50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

which has the normal Angelic mods with an additional +35% CR from the recipe.

Question - can rare weapons have CtC Amp in 1.07? I read somewhere that Amp works 100% against PIs in 1.07, so that would seem like a handy weapon to have on switch.

Any MF breakpoints for rare items?

Yes, rare weapons can have CtC amp (crafted also!) and furthermore CtC amp damage comes on the unique amulet Saracen's Chance in 1.07.

Actually, if you just want MPK on the ring, level 5 is optimum (and the lowest level its possible). At lvl 5, you have a ~6% chance of getting Triumphant, or about 1 in 16, so it doesn't take too long, and will spawn the same 7-37 MPK that a higher lvl character would. At lvl 8, where Triumphant/of the Apprentice becomes available, the chance to get Triumphant has dropped to ~4.5%, and the odds of Triumphant/of the Apprentice spawning are 1:315...the odds are much better if you happen to roll a rare, about 1:14

Still, a lvl 8 character will never roll a set or unique ring, and the worst the odds of getting a MPK ring ever get is 2:123 (~1.6%) at lvl 85+

@Galtwish: the partial set bonuses work on my 1.07 set items...did you mean pre-1.07?

@RobbyD: not only can rare and crafted items have CtC Amp, but if you roll it on a Hitpower craft it may make the CtC Frost Nova 'on striking' as well instead of 'when struck'

WoRG

If you get a 3os Fanged Knife in 1.07, can you bring that forward? I saw a 1.07 Barb Guardian thread that used a 3-rune dagger RW that had Slow Target - I think a Venom knife would be stylish for a Poisonmancer.

Robbyd it should not be a problem.

As far as i remember the only thing that changes when transferring from 1.07 to 1.X ) is that base weapon damage will be normalised ie it will be the same a in later versions.

On another note i can happily report that i must have somehow fooled 1.07 to drop runes as 1.13 :whistling:.

Got a Vex in LK chest and second run after that i got a Gul from an Lk chest again (i have gotten a Lo a long time ago in 1.07 aswell there)...So make sure you hit those chests when racking :)

So I remember reading something about the crafting and/or imbuing process, probably in combination with each other, could lead to stuff like +6 skill orbs. As far as I can recall, someone said this was true, but there never was any confirmation, which leads me to believe it's made up. Anyone know what I'm talking about/what exactly the theory was/have a readout of an example of this happening/anything else semi related?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High