1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

If you can, I would suggest to just push through NM. Once in act 5, you can level in the caverns (Crystalline, Glacial and Ancient's Way) quite well. I leveled up to the early 60s there, and I could've gone further if I hadn't become impatient. It was a good place for items, too, particularly circlets and orbs.

Wohoo! First set amulet from Blood Raven:
Code:
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x3ae50f99
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Now I just need to rack the belt and armor.

Wohoo! First set amulet from Blood Raven:
Code:
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x3ae50f99
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Now I just need to rack the belt and armor.

congratz on this one. i just found the LK nightmare waypoint next to a rack so i was giving it a try and plop there were some nice racking boots

Code:
Natalya's Soul
Mesh Boots
Defense: 114
Durability: 66 of 66
Required Strength: 65
Required Level: 25
Item Level: 54
Fingerprint: 0xb936417
+75 Defense
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +15%
+50 Maximum Durability
40% Faster Run/Walk
Heal Stamina Plus 9% (0.25 per Character Level)

now i am thinking about some nightmare racking (eg guillaumes or duriels) or moving on to the crystalline passages for leveling and eventually coming back.

advice anyone?

€: I just realized that it seems the boots have the worst stats possible or are these fixed in 1.07?

€€: Stats are fixed (see http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/resources/d2armours.html)

Last edited:

Already wrote a response, but the forum had to come up with another database error, so I'm gonna try again:

I decided against racking in NM at the time. The reason for my decision was that there are only a few items worth racking in NM, mainly Skullder's Ire, and their level requirement most likely would've prevented me from wearing them then, anyway. That being said, if you can quickly find a rack that drops the type of item you're looking for, then by all means run it.

You don't need very good items to make it to hell LK, though. I got there with 40% or 50% FCR and +2 skills. Just make sure your resists are decent (try shopping for a Tower Shield with the Scintallating, Prismatic or Chromatic prefix and hope that Larzuk puts 3 sockets into it, which you can fill with pdiamonds for 70+ res all). A big mana pool helps as well, so an armor with 3 or 4 psapphires is your friend.

In other news: I rerolled my LK map a few times and found one with a stable Berserker Axe rack, which can also drop Balrog Blades when I approach it a bit differently. Only downside is that it's 11 or 12 teleports away and the other racks on that map aren't any good. I'll probably still keep that map for a while and rack a few dozen ethereal ones of each :).

So, I've been mulling over the idea of time travelling to a pre-LoD classic patch, probably 1.05 or 1.06. I may want to do some MFing and gambling there, maybe reroll some rare Hell Diablo ammies. It occured to me though, if I want to mess around racking, etc. in 1.07 then I could gear up a classic static/orb sorc, get her up to RoF in hell and perhaps level 60-65, then send her to 1.07 to get her hellforge and start raiding.

From the sound of it, if she left Classic with some half decent gear on, she might be set, and it sounds easier than starting from nothing in 1.07. I know for sure she could have a pair of SoJs... ;)

Thoughts?

Well, I don't know if it's easier to start pre-1.07 :p. But if that's what you wanna do anyway, then I think it's a good plan. Certainly helps to get some uniques/sets/rares for her, which might be harder to get in 1.07.

I've never played 1.07, but I remember starting up from scratch a few times in early Classic. It's really not too bad. Usable weaponry is quite shoppable (King's/Merciless prefixes unlock around lvl 29 IIRC), then just make sure you can hit/leech and go at it.

I would probably start with a Bowazon first, then use her to MF and twink the 1.07 candidate sorc.

I made myself some toys

Prefix 1092 Ring of Craftmanship
Item Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x442e7480
+1 to Maximum Damage
+29 to Mana After Each Kill

and

Prefix 1092 Ring
Item Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x1a6e9f7f
+25 to Mana After Each Kill

I then tried my Barb who had been stuck in act 5 NM for .. years probably, he had slaughtered the ancients getting him to level 45 but had nilly and baal left. I hunted down nilly but suffered a few deaths due to CE :(

Baal and co weren't too hard and baal himself dropped fast and dropped rubbish.

I have to ask. 1.07 is a huge patience-tester, right? Any tips to getting through? Lvl 24 sorc, not gaining any experience anywhere, and about to take on the Ancients. Is this the right level?
Got a barb merc who can do some serious damage, but dies literally almost every minute. Did some travincal running, to get to level 24, but that feels so much like pure grinding.

Travincal runs get some exp, but are pure grinding.
Lvl 28 barb dies almost instantly to mages in CS, so no running here.
Items are fairly low, and the sorc doesn't have any weapons to kill with yet.

Any tips, and am I just doing this completely the wrong way? :)

Oh, and some interesting surprises - Duriel is fast!

Edit: Repusz's 1.07 Guide:
"Act2 mercenaries switch between 2 auras that fit to their mentality - offensive, defensive, combat - and which are available on normal and NM in v1.09. So an offensive merc switches between Might and Blessed Aim etc."

My merc through A2,3 & 4, didn't change auras. That normal for normal?

Last edited:

Yes, you'll need some patience in 1.07. I'm not quite sure at which level I fought the Ancients. Might have been level 24 or level 27. I remember doing a few Shenk/Eldritch runs, which gave "decent" (in 1.07 terms) experience. So you might wanna try that to level up a bit more. Ancients should get you to level 30, from there on the game will become a little easier.

For now, if you can, try to shop a staff with +3 to Glacial Spike or Blizzard. GS, Blizzard and Static Field should get you through those levels without having to rely on the merc, who will get into trouble against those Yeti type monsters in the act 5 caverns, who will stun your merc for like 2 seconds and kill him rather quickly.

And I don't remember my act 2 merc switching his auras either, but I didn't have him very long anyway, as I kept him dead for most of act 4.

I didnt' bother leveling really, if you can hurt them and kill them you'll get your 1.4 million exp which will help alot. You just need enough to get to orb, then you can push and even try NM ancients as low as 30 (and enjoy lots of levels from the 20mil exp.

got LL on the merc?

Heh, thanks for the Shenk/Eldritch runs advice. Slow going, but a lot quicker than before. I think I was looking at it the wrong way. I think I've gotten a little complacent with the Insights/Spirits, /players 8 power levelling/rushing, and now the skill reallocations in 1.13 for low level skills.
Untwinked 1.07 is definitely different.

I also had a 5% LL/+1 Barb skills circlet I was going to throw on the merc when he reached the level req, but did read that neither work. And yeah, the merc stunning is definitely noticable. :)

Again, thanks for the tip.

Hello everyone!

I just loaded up LoD v1.07 for grins, and I'm remembering what a challenge it is to get through.

Does anyone have an active link to the Cube recipes that were active in v1.07? I found a live link to the Rune Word recipes, but nothing for the cube.

I just started a new ATMA v1.07 stash and wanted to reduce the growing number of runes in it.

Thanks!

Just giving this a bump since I see a few ppl running around 1.07 lately. I'm back to my sorc too.. she's lvl 40 and just started NM. Nothing too grand untill now, got a few +17 max gc's though. :)
1.07 Is a lot tougher then later patches. I like it.

Yes, although I have read somewhere that orb has a bug in 1.07. If you hit a monster straight on with orb the damage after hitting the monster is reduced to 0. (so if you hit a monster that's really close, your orb passes through him and every monster behind the first one doesn't get hit.
The guide still applies though, only I'd pick blizzard instead of orb. Otherwise you'd have to constantly shoot orbs next to monsters.

I agree- orb + static is the quickest way out of the gate for 1.07. As Sint mentions, the dynamics of orb are different so it takes some getting used to. And it might take some adjustment back when you return to a later version! I still prefer Frozen Orb to Blizzard, though- the adjustment isn't much to worry about.

Hello,
I had a quick question about the modified .dll for 1.07. Several guides have mentioned it, but I haven't found the file in my searches. Would any of you more experienced 1.07ers have an idea on where I could find it? Thanks in advance!

There are in the files section of the forum. Version folders and modified .dlls. The link to the modified .dlls is at the bottom of the first post.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High