1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

The rack is fine, getting your precioussssssssss is just a matter of time ;)

Shouldn't NM LK campfires be more effective when it comes to finding sapphire gems? I mean they can drop flawless and below but not the higfh items as Hell-LK, right? Then there should be a higher possibility to drop sapphire gems...?

Time to some thread ressurection.

Questions:

1. I am going to max FO on my FO/SF sorc. My problem is - FO is aimed differently than in later patches. Kinda hard to use. Any suggestions on an exact technique ( I know that it's best to not aim directly at the monster, but how exactly )?

2. I see +37 mpk ring being mentioned, but I don't see which recipe it come from. Any help?

3. If I were to search for a plain BA - LK is the place, right? I can' quite come to the final conclusion from the Repusz's guide.

2 - any sapphire gem + thwing pot + ring in horadric cube on a clvl 8 char can give you a 37 MPK ring with 10 FCR.

3 - Yes, LK in Hell can give BA's

100% Chance to Cast Resurrect the 1.07 Gossip Thread!

Just thought I'd do some quick bragging...

While everyone on Earth is upgrading to 1.13 to get high runes, I just popped open a random Hollow Log in Upper Kurast and found a 1.07 Vex rune! :alright:

(Note: It's called a 1.07 Vex rune, because its picture is actually that of an Um rune).

That is all. Thanks for reading.

:coffee:

Last edited:

Thought these items better fit in here than the IFT:

Code:
Prefix 854 Large Charm of Quality
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 30
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0x21c8d379
+20 to Maximum Damage

Cathan's Seal
Ring
Required Level: 11
Item Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x4a4f9985
Damage Reduced by 2
Lightning Resist +35%
6% Life stolen per hit

I also have a question. I got my SF/FO sorc to act 1 hell yesterday. She's level 52 now. SF and FO are maxed, CM is lvl 11 and Teleport is lvl 2. Now, I only want to use this sorc for racking and rushing, and I'm not planning on building any other characters in 1.07. But I'm not sure where to go from here. I basically see two options: run Bloodraven for some set items (mainly for Tal's pieces) or push through to LK and start rack running (where I won't be able to get Tal's amulet and Orb).

While I'm not having any trouble in act 1 hell at the moment, her items are not very good. Her resists aren't that bad, but she has only +2 skills and 50% FCR. Her mana pool is very low, too, so excessive teleporting isn't possible. I'd have to drink a rejuv every 7 teleports or so.

I'm not really sure which items would be best for rushing and racking. This is my current equipment:

20% FCR circlet
4ptopaz armor
all res + FCR amulet
MPK + FCR ring
lightning res + FCR ring
magic orb with +2 sorc skills
3 pdiamond magic tower shield (71 res all)
Sigon's gloves, belt, boots (for the 50% MF bonus)

So, I guess my question is: what items should I shoot for for rushing and racking, and how would I go about getting them? Also, would it be advisable for me to level her some more in act 5 NM or NM cows to get Teleport to a higher level before going to LK?

Nice ring! I think 36 LR is the max so you were fortunate there.

Remember that +mana gear is helpful as well for mana regen. You may want to save the 4ptopaz armor for running Bloodraven and go for something like a big +mana armor for teleporting and racking. For questing/rushing/racking I would lose the MF gear (Sigon's) and go for Magefists or Frostburn, and decent rares for the belt and boot slot.

OK, I switched to 3 psapphire armor, Frostburn and Tearhaunch. Also leveled up to lvl 63 in cow runs and the act 5 caves in NM. I most of the new skill points into teleport, so it's on lvl 11 (13 after +skills) now. That allows me about 50 teleports now before I run out of mana and have to drink a potion. Also finally got her to LK. I became kinda impatient, though, so I teleported through the catacombs of act 1, as well as the maggot lair, the tomb and the jungles in act 3.

Anyway, since I don't have the ptopazes to hit 374% MF yet, I'll try my luck racking some things in LK first, particularly a Wizardspike and Tal's Armor. Probably a Skullder's and Shako, too.

For rushing later on I thought about using the following equipment:

Shako or some circlet with +skills
Skullder's
Tal's Amulet
Wizardspike
3 pdiamond Tower Shield
Frostburn
2 FCR rings
boots and belt are still undecided

That would give me maxed resists, 70% FCR and +5-6 skills. Does that sound good or are there better options?

P.S.: Oh and one more question. How much cold mastery is recommended? I have it on 80% now. If it's enough, I'll max teleport first and CM after that.

Rerolled my LK map once and got one with 2 campfires and a total of 6 racks. One very stable Colossus Blade rack (drops them all the time unless I teleport too far, in which case it drops a Caduceus), one other very stable weapon rack that can drop Thunder Mauls, Scepters and Fascinas, depending on how I approach it, and one rack that drops Diadems quite often.

Interesting are the remaining two armor racks, which are very unstable. Both of them can drop Balrog Skins and Coronas, and one of them can also drop Lacquered Plates. It's rare that they drop any of these, though. I'm not counting on getting anything from them, but since they're on the way to the second campfire I try my luck. At least until I rack a Grandfather. Then I'm gonna try more direct routes to them and see if they're more stable then. At the moment they're at the very end of my route, which I think is the reason why they're so unstable.

Also got a Vex from one of the superchests.

Running Meph (better said - moat tricking Meph) today. MF is lacking and the merc is dying (Act 3 Cold - can't bring myself to re-roll and get Might or whatever).

I am at 200-something % MF (not here or there). Meph drops all rare and sometime Uniques. Should I lower the MF to get some sets or should I try to get a bit higher (does 374% applies too)?

I know I would be better off racking Skulders and Shako, but my Meph map is awesome, and LK has 6 superchests right next to WP. Should I reroll, really or try for some sets (if the answer to the previous question is yes)?

As far as I know, the 374% breakpoint is only for (super) uniques to drop all sets. There's also the 127% breakpoint for NM act bosses to drop all sets. So I don't know what the breakpoint for hell act bosses to drop sets would be.

I think the question you should be asking yourself is: Are there any set items you want, which you can get from him? I think he can drop only low level set items, which are only useful for twinking low level characters. So if that's what you're looking for, tweak your MF a bit until he starts dropping set items and run him. If not, I'd reroll maps until you get a stable rack that can drop items you're looking for.

If you want to keep your map and look for set items, though, I'd run Bloodraven with 336% MF. I read she can drop all set items in the game that can be dropped from monsters.

I found another Vex in LK today. Now I'm "only" one Mal, one Ist and one base item short of being able to make a beta CTA. That kinda changes my plans, since I might not even have to do any HF rushing for that now. Therefore I might just keep my sorc in LK forever and get ethereal base items, crafting supplies and charms. So far the XP gain in LK is pretty good, but I guess if I ever want to reach lvl 78 for crafting, I'll have to kill the Ancients eventually.

Sorry for such a vague and stupid question, but I figure it's better to look stupid and gain some wisdom from people more knowledgable than to keep quiet.

Basically, I'm wondering about crafting and cubing recipes. From what I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, there are only a few things worth crafting/cubing in 1.07, if the goal is to bring an "uber" item to 1.13, which can't be beaten by regular stuff:

* MPK rings (Sapphire Ring recipe)
* Crafted Gloves with +3 skill tree / 20 IAS
* Crafted Amulets with +3 skill tree / other good stuff
* Crafted Cruel/Grandmasters/3os type weapons (specifically Bows?)

I mean sure, it'd be nice to have a SoJ with some extra Lightning Resist, but that's not even that amazing, and very unrealistic anyway.

Is there anything missing from this list? Let's suppose your "goal" is to build good PvP characters or to optimize some kind of PvM character. What about the gloves/rings with lots of Life Leech? That's the Blood recipes? Sorry for not doing the proper research, but any thoughts or insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Finally got it. Was about to give up on that rack.
Code:
The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 40 to 135
Two-Hand Damage: 42 to 267
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 81
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x60d2c52f
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+175 to Life
+150% Enhanced Damage
Increase Maximum Life 25%
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Maximum Damage (2.5 per Character Level)

Now I have 2 questions:

1. What to do with it? I guess a crafted weapon will be better for a barb merc.

And in regard to racking in general:

2. How difficult is it to find a stable rack that drops a specific item? Reason I ask is because there are several items I want to rack, and of some items I want more than one unique. Knowing how long it can take to rack a unique, I don't know if I'd want to run an rack several thousand times to get multiple uniques before moving on to another rack. I'd probably prefer to rack only one unique, move on to another rack and later on reroll maps for more uniques.

@Fabian: I think what you listed is pretty much it. While gloves with life leech look nice at first sight, Dracul's will in most cases be better. A ring with lots of life leech might be nice, though.

What about the gloves/rings with lots of Life Leech? That's the Blood recipes? Sorry for not doing the proper research, but any thoughts or insight would be appreciated, thanks.

High life leach rings could be interesting, but you would need to do a lot of 1.07 hell forge rushing (rush and collect in 1.07) to get enough Ko runes. In all of my time in 1.07 I got about 5 Ko runes without specifically hell forge rushing for them and none of the blood crafted rings were any good. I have also rolled many more blood gloves with no bugged life leach either. I suspect that it is something like the MPK ring recipe where a certain affix stacks with the normal life leach mod.

2. How difficult is it to find a stable rack that drops a specific item? Reason I ask is because there are several items I want to rack, and of some items I want more than one unique. Knowing how long it can take to rack a unique, I don't know if I'd want to run an rack several thousand times to get multiple uniques before moving on to another rack. I'd probably prefer to rack only one unique, move on to another rack and later on reroll maps for more uniques.

In my experience - not that hard.

Here is the situation I was in:

1. Needed a BA rack - found after about 20 re-rolls
2. Needed a Thresher rack - found after 16 re-rolls
3. Russet Armor rack - found after 23 re-rolls

I have a slightly modified method of rack finding described here. Worked well for me.

EDIT 2:

For Russet armor I went even further - I didn't bother with racks that are more than 2 TP away from WP - my line of thinking was - I need a Unique from that rack, so I will probably have to run it a long time - so the extra time (which turned out to be very small, as you can see) to find one as close as possible would be well worth it.

But that's just me - I like to focus on task at hand. Perhaps finding a rack next to superchests would be wiser.

Last edited:

first post for a long time lurker so here we go:

i jumped the 1.07 train for racking bases for 1.13 runewords and am currently leveling the almighty sorc. after reaching level 30 (leveling is a pain) i spent now some points in CM and FO but i am a little disappointed. first of all aiming with the orb is quite hard (especially fighting bigger crowds in tighter areas) and the damage is not convincing. so i am wondering if blizzard is a valid option instead of FO. i have not spent too many points as of now so i would just invest in blizzard from now on.

so in short: is blizzard much weaker than FO or should i stay with FO as it will improve in later levels?

I don't really remember how "powerful" FO was in the early levels. It is decent now that I have FO maxed and CM almost maxed. Decent as in it still takes quite a few FOs to kill stuff. The one tip I can give you is: use Static Field! A lot! Use it against everything that's not lightning immune and you'll kill stuff with FO much more quickly.

I absolutely wasn't used to this strategy, but it's pretty much the only way to kill with good speed as a sorc. I usually FO - static - static - static - FO - static - ... until everything's dead. I've never used that strategy in later versions of the game since SF is capped at 50% in hell, but it's uncapped in 1.07, which means you can static them down to a sliver in all difficulties.

@ZeN: Thanks! Good to know I don't have to spend weeks on a Boneknife rack then ;).

Yeah, the play style of a Static/FO sorc in 1.07 is very different from what you might be used to in later versions. Like LFD says, use Static Field a lot, that way FO doesn't need to do that much damage. I definitely recommend sticking to this rather than go Blizzard, it's just not as effective as you're used to with synergies.

Even more importantly, aiming with FO is different than it is in later patches. You want to avoid having the Orb go through a monster, you basically want it to not touch anything, and then explode as close to the monster(s) as possible. Also takes some getting used to, but I suggest to keep on sluggin' :)

thanks for your advice. SF is already maxed out and i am using it occasionally but i try to get the kills for mana per kill so i am using the orb pretty often.
i am currently clearen the wsk for gaining levels and FO has improved quite a bit but thinking about unlimited rejuv pot supply might it be possible to use static only (not lightning immune assumed) and use some act 3 merc to kill with some aoe? if possible which element should he use? i used one until i got the act 5 merc and was quite impressed by his offensive power.

another question: can somebody give some tips where to gain levels best next to wsk. i was already at the arcane sanctuary but killing took a while there so i decided to go back to normal mode. shall i still gain levels in wsk or simply keep on questing/teleporting through nightmare?

Don't know about the leveling, as I recall (been a long time) I just sort of pushed through semi-quickly. The rejuv bug makes the game "easy", in a way like that.

I don't understand your comment about mana per kill. 1, you still get "the kill" even if FO only does the last few points of damage. 2, even if you didn't, mana shouldn't be much of an issue since you have unlimited full rejuvs. At least, it shouldn't be an issue to the point where it slows down your killing really significantly.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High