Poison Resist +34%
+3 to Light Radius
20% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+75 to Life
+1 to All Skill Levels
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

WoRG

Congrats! Do you have a estimate on how many amulets you have cubed before getting this one? Is it your first green prismatic?

I'm much looking forward to try this out myself and I wonder, were is the safest place to gather those flawless gems?

Progress: my SC Isabella just killed Shenk. Just a little bit further to go before she can start her vacation and the real fun begins. No deaths so far but there have been a couple NDE's. I know it is only normal but still. :)

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

After unsuccessfully completing another ~1200 runs on that Bone Knife rack, I gotta ask before I waste more time on that one: A Wizardspike can still drop from there if my sorc is already using one, right?

@zoo: I think the chance of getting set and unique rings/amulets from the cube recipe is the same as the other sources: gambling and racking, where it is 1/200 set, 1/1000 unique.

@Longing: Yes, indeed, having other copies of a unique present in the game does not affect whether or not a unique can drop in that game. So you've been unlucky but you are not doomed!

Thanks, that's what I thought. 1688 runs in and still nothing.

Btw, chance for a set item is 1:125 if I remember correctly and 1:250 for a rare.

@zoo: The best place for flawless gems is Lower Kurast in my opinion. You should get them pretty regularly out of those superchests.

2,018 runs. This took way too long. At least those runs were rather quick with 15:579 seconds per run on average.

Code:
Wizardspike
Bone Knife
One-Hand Damage: 11 to 36
Required Dexterity: 75
Required Strength: 65
Required Level: 61
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x7d284f34
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +95
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
50% Faster Cast Rate
+138 to Mana (2 per Character Level)

Guess my sorc will now head to Meph to get the act 4 WP. Should make for even faster LK runs. Maybe I'll even get her all the way to Baal, so she can do cow runs. Otherwise it'll be more racking for Skullder's, Shako, Tal's armor and possibly Laying of Hands.

A nice surprise while questing in act 5 hell today. Rather convenient, since I wasn't keen on racking one:

Code:
[url=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/Belthazor_2008/Screenshot004-5.jpg]War Traveler[/url]
Battle Boots
Defense: 100
Durability: 36 of 36
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 95
Fingerprint: 0x7761f547
+10 to Dexterity
+110% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Durability 100%
100% Extra Gold from Monsters
45% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

I didn't even see who it came from. It was laying at the edge of my screen right next to an evil urn. It definitely didn't come from the boss, though.

Edit:
So after finally beating Baal at level 73, I went back to racking. Got a nice map with a Russet Armor rack only two teleports away from the WP. Not the most stable rack, though, probably dropped them only 90% of the time. But since it was the armor rack of the superchest huts, I figured I might as well run it for a while. Didn't take me too long until it finally dropped:

Code:
Skullder's Ire
Russet Armor
Defense: 732
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x13d1b96
+30 to Vitality
+200% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 25
+1 to All Skill Levels
91% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (1.25 per Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 4 seconds

Last edited:

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question:

For which quests is it necessary that the questing character is actually present? What I mean is this: I rushed 7 characters all the way to hell Baal the other day, including Ancients. And I figured I might as well do the socketing quest for them, too. Now, when I kill an act boss, only one of the questing characters has to be present for the kill. The others can stay partied in town and will still get the quest.

That didn't work for the socketing quest, though. I ran with one of the characters to Shenk and got killed quickly. I kept her dead, switched to my rushing sorc and killed Shenk. The dead character got the quest, the characters in town didn't. In the most recent patches this would've worked, but in 1.07 it didn't, apparently. Are there any other quests like that?

Also, one peculiar observation I made during the rush, was that Andariel and Duriel went down way too fast in hell. Duriel literally was killed by a single Frozen Orb. I didn't even have time to static him. Actually, the Orb was still on its way when he died. Andariel fell equally fast. Even in Nightmare it took me longer than that, and I wouldn't even expect that in a 1 player game, let alone a full 8 player game.

Yeah the Andariel/Duriel bug is weird, no idea what causes it. I cast Static and he dies.

The socket quest should work as far as I can recall, I'm almost certain I've got 7 socketing quests like that on many occasions. I think my rushee was probably alive though, but I can't see what difference that would make. You were all partied of course? Weird.

Yes, all were partied. I've actually just checked again if it really was just that one character who got the quest. And it's even more weird now, because out of those 7 characters, 4 got the quest, 3 didn't. The 8th character, the rusher who made the kill, had already done that quest before.

Are you sure that all of the characters were in A5 at the time Shenk was killed? Perhaps the 3 who didn't were still in A4 when Shenk was killed. It's odd that 3 wouldn't get it but the 4 others would.

I've had many bunches of rushees and they all got the socket quest. So many of the 1.07 uniques I've racked and definitely the crafted items I've brought forward I've socketed in 1.07 and I don't remember rushees not getting the quest.

I'm absolutely sure they were all in act 5 at the time. Well, I guess I'll try it again in NM later today and see if it works there.

Don't know how rare it is, but this is actually my first (and so far only) unique amulet in 1.07, dropped by Andariel:

Code:
Atma's Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 60
Item Level: 78
Fingerprint: 0x334e8e2f
Poison Resist +75%
Adds 29-39 poison damage over 4 seconds
Attacker Takes Damage of 4
+3 to Light Radius
2% Chance to cast Level 4 Amplify Damage on striking

I also have a question about racking in the Halls of Pain. I know there are only three different maps for the HoP. Are the racks always in the same positions? And if so, what do these positions look like? Anyone have a screenshot?

Also, though this is not really 1.07 related, but I'm sure those of you who HF rush in 1.07 have done this: What would be a good character build to collect the hell HFs in 1.10a? Ideally I want a character that can also run Andariel. I was thinking Meteorb first, but read that Cold Mastery was nerfed quite a bit.

1, 2, 3. Be aware though that there are identical maps for all of these without the racks for a total of 6 layouts.

My 1.10a Andy runner is a FB/Orb and he is fine. Sometimes I wish I had gone Blizz though since two of the three monster types down there are FI and the Orb is weak if you are not playing at p1. I also thought about rushing a Necro to some reasonable levels in 1.07 and making him a Fishy for less gear requirements. Also if you collect the forges in 1.10a, don't make CtA there unless you want it for that patch. It only requires 4 runes and doesn't work in the later patches.

Quick question based on some "optimal equipment" theorizing between Kimppi and myself; how many sockets can Magic Barb Helms get in 1.07?

Thanks, Kimppi! Just what I was looking for.

Runewords will definitely be made in 1.10s, of course. I just want to do the collecting in 1.10a, so I need only one character and can also run Andariel. Or if I have to build two characters, they can at least share equipment.

P.S.: Forgot something else to ask: Do the -25% enemy defense from Eth runes in weapons also work for mercs? My barb merc has trouble hitting Andariel and Meph, so I'm considering socketing his weapon.

@Fabian: 1.07 Blue Barb helms can get three sox, either from the Artisan's/Jeweler's affixes or from Larzuk.

WoRG

Quick question based on some "optimal equipment" theorizing between Kimppi and myself; how many sockets can Magic Barb Helms get in 1.07?

It should be up to 3 sockets. This is why druid fans have shopped Elzix
looking for the perfect magic pelt. +6 to your favorite skill(s) with 3
sockets for your jewels/runes of choice is amazing.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High