1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Why not rack ones without sockets and bring them forward? Or was it some 1.07 build.

I was hoping for crafted claws, socketed in 1.07 and thus getting 3 sockets, except that the maximum number of sockets in 1.07 is 2!

Wow, what a coincidence. I was in Act 2 nm shopping claws and saw a lot of Druid pelts and thought it was weird. Saves a question, but here's the ss:

Screenshot012.jpg

Wow...this thread was down on page nine...no wonder people can't find it, LOL

Been working on some of the weirdness of 1.07 crafting, and have gained a lot of insight into whats going on...I'll post details once I test a few more things. I have a couple questions for the 1.07 players, especially those who have done extensive crafting:

1) Has anyone ever crafted (or heard of anyone crafting) bugged blood (i.e. LifeLeech >6%) belts, boots, or body armor?

2) Other than the recipies that explicitly put sockets in items, has anyone cubed (3 Pgem reroll, 6 Pskull rare reroll, or crafted) an item that innately had sockets? I can't recall ever crafting anything that spawned with sockets, and every time I get a socket affix in a cube reroll, it doesn't have any sockets!!

@thefranklin: a while back, we were discussing poison damage bows for twinking in one of RobbyD's threads, and I suggested a Prefix 1232(Corrosive) Hunter or Composite bow of Pestilence that got 4 sox from Larzuk and calculated the damage as follows:Corrosive [150 bite - 50 frame] / of Pestilence [32-72 bite - 100 frame] / 4xPEmerald [300 bite - 25 frame] each, so
(150+32+4*300=) 1382 * (50+100+4*25=) 250 = 345500 bite damage / 256 = 1349 min poison damage
(150+72+4*300=) 1422 * (50+100+4*25=) 250 = 355500 bite damage / 256 = 1388 max poison damage

1349 - 1388 poison damage over 10 seconds

Since then, I've been looking for such a bow myself...found a couple (one razor bow, one short war bow) but neither got 4 sox :( I did find another item that got Corrosive/of Pestilence and it DID get 4 sox, so I thought I would post this as a nice illustration of a)how poison damage stacks in 1.07, b)that it indeed works on melee wpns as well as ranged, and c)that I actually calculated the poison damage correctly (woot) I'm still looking for the hunter's bow though, that will be an AWESOME lvl18 twinking wpn!!

@Fabian: I finally got an Aegis rack, and Aegis can only get 3 sockets...still not sure about Wards, but I'm thinking they will only get 3 as well, making pally sheilds the only 4sox sheilds in 1.07. Also, I have discovered that Blade Barriers and Troll Nests cannot get sockets in 1.07.

@Zoo: sorry, missed your inquiry a couple months ago - No, the Angelic is not the first set ammy I cubed w/the prismatic formula...I actually got Vidala's ammy the 13th time I tried the formula (I remember because, you know, 13... unlucky... cubed a set... LOL) I've also cubed a Tancred's ammy, no uniques yet tho...

@Helvete: In researching crafting, I reread this thread and noticed that about 3 yrs ago, you asked if a crafted great hauberk could get 'of the whale'...I crafted this the other day...it got 'of ages' too
Code:
Dread Jack
Great Hauberk
Defense: 798
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 67
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x56f54852
[highlight]+92 to Life[/highlight]
+59% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 11
Magic Damage Reduced by 4
Half Freeze Duration
14% Chance to cast Level 5 Nova when struck

Worg: Nice post!

You could be the proud owner of the first ever artisians item with 4 sockets. What level of character crafted the "of the whale" item?

Have you used the poison damage maul? I have been shopping Larzuk looking for fun items, but the only dual poison affix one I found was a pike. I really wanted to find some elite bows, but the level requirements are high (72 for ward, 76 for hydra) enough that I will not be able to use them until well after mat!

I have a question regarding circlets/coronets/tiaras/diadems.

I know they can get only 1 socket in 1.07. But what if they are brought forward to 1.13c? Would Larzuk be able to put 2 sockets into magical ones?

I don't know specifically about Circlets, but something like Cryptic Axes max out at 4 sockets in 1.07 (like all polearms), but get 5 sockets when brought forward, so I would assume 1.13 socketing rules apply for other items brought forward as well.

A question of my own then. Does anyone know if any of the "good" charm affixes can't spawn on charms dropped from NM Council? By "good" I mostly mean the 1.07 damage affixes and AR type stuff, and I guess the resist affixes would be nice as well. While I'm at it, what's the highest MF affix for charms in 1.07? Really crappy right?

Are there any important differences I should be aware of with how Whirlwind and Find Item works in 1.07 compared to later patches? What would you recommend in terms of weapons (and other equipment) for a WW Barb planned for NM Council running?

I know you can get amazing affixes in Hell in 1.07. I have a Serrated Grand Charm of Vita
(18 Max and 44 Life) with an item level of 93 (in game required level of 83).

I have a question regarding circlets/coronets/tiaras/diadems.

I know they can get only 1 socket in 1.07. But what if they are brought forward to 1.13c? Would Larzuk be able to put 2 sockets into magical ones?
I am reasonably sure that the answer is "yes." I recall reading this in one of the 1.07 guides. Unfortunately, I cannot remember which one.

The highest MF I have seen on a SC is 4 I think, but I don't know if that is the max or if there is better. I wish I had known last night that you were gonna make a 1.07 WW barb, I threw out a sick WW barb helm :(

I am currently trying to rack a wizzy, and the game is really starting to piss me off. But I am finding some nice stuff in the meantime.

The low end Vita will have a required level of 69,so I don't think that will drop from NM council, but I'm pretty sure all of the max damage ones are around 42 or less. I think some of the min damage ones might be higher though. I was thinking I might go back and abuse them a bit once I can stack some MF and try to pick up some lower set items. But that will be a while possibly, depending on how long it takes me to rack the two uniques I want out of my current map.

Is the 150% damage to undead on staffs, etc. the same as in the current patch but just written differently?

All the damage/resist/AR mods can spawn on charms from NM council. The highest life you can get on grand/large charms from them is 30.

Highest magic find you can get on charms is 4 ( lucky on gc/lc and good luck on sc)

The damage to undead is same as in the current patch.

Another question from me. Can Barb Helms be shopped from somewhere? I know Elzix occasionally has Druid Pelts for sale, and it seems unfair to me that Barbs wouldn't get the same treatment? :)

They do however seem very easy to rack, I come across a lot of them, and they seem to have a better chance at +skills than in 1.13 Lion helms also will drop at an alarming rate from bosses and other monsters/chests.

Racking is not so good when you're after magic ones though. Kimppi mentioned LK chests, and that might be the best source of blue Barb helms.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High