1.00 News, Info and Gossip

No gothic plates from king. However, that is the least significant armor piece.

Don't actively search for that one; just keep rerolling maps. You'll get there!!

Errrrr.... Better find a NM map. Try to remember that HC means you don't get to die moar than once....

Hmm, I'm about to reach lvl 84 and it only just occurred to me that perhaps find item is worth using against urdar champs? Does this work for gold drops, and is it consistent? I'd have to put a point into find potion first so at this point it is quite the investment...

Thoughts? I'm always willing to put more points in iron skin

Find item is hopeless. It always gives a plain white item, IIRC, and can't find gold. Not even magical items.

Find potion is a bit more useful, but not for this type of late game.

EDIT: Perhaps even Grim Ward, if trying to use Patriarchs and there are many useless mobs around the champs.

Alright sounds good. I won't bother with those skills, then, and pump iron skin just a pinch higher! It really does help vs cow king, after all.

So now that I'm lvl 84 I guess I'll start gambling amulets and mule them all off onto another char for lvl84+ ammies. If I get ANY with +2, I guess that would be primarily reroll fodder.
If I'm desperate for more, will the ilvl be conserved if I forward them to some expansion version to check in ATMA or gomule? Also, should I be rerolling in 1.00 or 1.06 or does it not matter?

edit: Also I think blood maggot young may be boosted in level by minions. Any evidence of this? It seemed like this give more exp but I'll try to find a pack to be sure. Right now maggots only give me 300 exp each (I think at lvl 83 they gave 1k) on /p1.
edit2: maggots spawning from the boss itself aren't boosted but I'll try to roll a map with the maggots all an orange colour instead to see if I can observe the same behavior. Maybe I wasn't looking carefully enough at the exp before.
edit3: ok maggots are useless now on /p1. Other monsters seem to give tens of thousands of exp, still. Once I get bored of this cow king map (very soon) I think I'll try some mp games where I just rush through and kill everything because I'd like to gain another level or 2 before I start gambling for tons of amulets. Still haven't gotten nice boots or belt from gambling or cow king, either, or a better pike... :/

Last edited:
View attachment 5964
Now this I did not know was possible... Found a nightmare map where the portal spawns inside the Corral of Corruption. In fact, when I stepped through the portal he was nearly right on top of me! You can see the stamina potions he dropped are right at the red portal.

Now I just have to not click on another difficulty by mistake until I figure out what his drops are like in this map.

I had a map like that recently :)
King was just below your blood golem icon in the top left.

click on another difficulty by mistake
If you do this, do NOT exit that game in fury. Keep the game open, tab out, and browse to the save file. Go into its properties and choose "read only". Save that setting, then exit the game. Start a new game on correct difficulty, and you should have the same map. Then, remove write protection again from the file to keep playing.

Well I decided to do a handful of RoF clears with mules and now my barb is lvl 86. I don't know if I can bring myself to bother with cow king anymore, despite NOT yet getting a new pike, or great boots/belt for %gold find. At least one of my mules is lvl 31, though, so I may gamble boots/belts with that char instead of just gambling amulets with my barb.

Gogo goldfinding!

I'm also still whirling with my original decent(ish) pike. Think I was 86 as well, it's been some weeks when I last played 1.00.

I won't bother with that too much, but I guess I'll try some Cow King runs with my Sorc sooner or later.

Pushing towards lvl 91 now, running some mlvl 82 champions.

The good rares seem to be few and far between, and the "hybrid rares" are mostly useless as well. But that's good, if it was too easy it would become boring pretty fast.

Nice going, helvete!

Yea, it seems quite clear after reaching 80+ that it will take some sweat to get them really good ones.

I think if I found a similar map to the one I have now, but with Urdar Champions instead, that I would be able to keep the same pace (around 3-4 M exp between each gamble session) towards lvl 93. 93 will be the final level for me, as I no longer have any use for stats/skills and there is nothing to be gained regarding gambling after that.

It would take a few weeks, though. At any rate, I'll keep the current map until 91.

Did some more MP RoF runs and reached 87! All future skill points will either go into nat res or increased run speed...

Out of curiosity (I'm REALLY not looking for another D2 challenge), do people play 1.00 from a version switcher or by replacing a patch text?

I've just noticed that 1.00 is one of the many versions of D2 that I have installed. Guess I'll take a quick look; no harm in that!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High