Mafia - Borderlands!

Not loving the way this first day is going.
A lot of inexperienced players throwing up a lot of static.
6 hours to go and we're far from a lynch.

People: get down to business and put some votes on the table so we don't end up with a rush to manage a lynch in the last minutes.

Like so:

Shoot: mrewak

New and seemingly confused
Posts a lot of fluff and absolutely no actual content
Reacted to a gentle prodding question with a retaliation vote

Currently my favorite option.

General thoughts:

Zem's looking more annoyed and stubborn than scum.
DiabloTwoinDC and Scott seem to mostly be antagonizing due to lack of experience so I'm inclined to give them a breather.
SS seems to be pushing for reactions though I wonder at how focused he is on DTDC.
I have a feeling Noodle has been keeping his head down and trusting his reputation to keep him safe. Not keen on that.
Bad Ash really needs to show up.

unshoot: whoever i shoot before
shoot: mrewak

guys i think we need to take this dude off the map early

ehhhhh wait...idont really think killing mrewak would be smart. he is so stupid he isnt a threat

unshoot: mrewak
shoot: wherever i did before

Wait. First you say you think he should be taken off the map early, then you retract that statement and say to leave him because he isn't a threat. Is there something about you and him we don't know? Enlighten us.

Not loving the way this first day is going.
A lot of inexperienced players throwing up a lot of static.
6 hours to go and we're far from a lynch.

People: get down to business and put some votes on the table so we don't end up with a rush to manage a lynch in the last minutes.

Agreed. Let's not give the scum vault hunters a free ride into the night.

Like so:

Shoot: mrewak

New and seemingly confused
Posts a lot of fluff and absolutely no actual content
Reacted to a gentle prodding question with a retaliation vote

Currently my favorite option.

General thoughts:

Zem's looking more annoyed and stubborn than scum.
DiabloTwoinDC and Scott seem to mostly be antagonizing due to lack of experience so I'm inclined to give them a breather.
SS seems to be pushing for reactions though I wonder at how focused he is on DTDC.
I have a feeling Noodle has been keeping his head down and trusting his reputation to keep him safe. Not keen on that.
Bad Ash really needs to show up.

I agree on Bad Ash needing to show up and Noodle "keeping his head down"

Question on your comment on me and being focused on D2DC - what do you mean by that? Is there something I should be aware of/looking into?

@zemaj - have to agree there on Noammr's posts being easily agreeable at the moment, offering my own thoughts:

I've gone back and forth with Scott, but what needed to be said was said and all of that aside, I don't think he's the top candidate for a lynch today. Like Noammr said, there's a lack of experience there there's not much that can be done about that, other than to keep playing and learning. I'm inclined to unvote him for the moment.

As to top candidates for a lynch today, for me, it comes down to:

[highlight]Bad Ash[/highlight], the man is nowhere to be found and we're almost through the second day. I think if you want to really get technical with the rules, he's close to modkill territory. @Caluin Graye comment on this?

[highlight]Mrewak[/highlight] for spamming most of the game with fluff posts and not offering much of anything constructive, and his reaction to being prodded.

[highlight]IronArrow[/highlight] Reacting badly to being Voted (shot) during the twilight day by me, made a few references to it in his posts, this seems odd because one vote isn't cause for alarm in a mafia game, unless it's end game. He's "annoyed" by Coju's long post (#138), he doesn't like long comments, and prefers people write multiple short posts (#195) En, no. This is mafia, there's no restriction on post length, and reading is fundamental lol, and lastly there's the interaction between him and ewok in the last several hours. Its strange...I wonder if there's some kind of connection.

[highlight]Last but not least, Noodle[/highlight] He does seem to be keeping his head down and maintaining a low profile, kind of raises an eyebrow.

unshoot: whoever i shoot before
shoot: mrewak

guys i think we need to take this dude off the map early

ehhhhh wait...idont really think killing mrewak would be smart. he is so stupid he isnt a threat

Also the above voting and unvoting, votes and unvotes need to be bolded and named. You can't "unshoot or shoot where you shot or unshot before" Not sure if that was done purposley or just a "first game slip"

Not sure how CG will rule that but you may still have a vote on Coju.

@Mrewok^ you're just paraphrasing what everyone else has stated, and sheeping people (agreeing and following what they do/post)

Care to come up with some observations of your own?

[highlight]Bad Ash[/highlight], the man is nowhere to be found and we're almost through the second day. I think if you want to really get technical with the rules, he's close to modkill territory. @Caluin Graye comment on this?

Ideally I would replace people before mod killing them. I have reached out to two people as candidates, but haven't heard back from either of them yet.

This piqued my interest. If someone "isn't a threat" means they're probably town? Why shoot them then?

I'll be at Portland Comi-con today. I'll try to promptly close the thread at noon, but won't have time for final tally of votes until I get home tonight. Just an FYI.

Anyone have thoughts of people working together, yet? I'm suspected of zemaj and The Silver Shroud for their agreement in my earlier suspect of zemaj. For such a trivial point it seemed they were both saying, "yeah yeah lynch the new guy asking questions".

I'm surprised neither of them jumped on whomever asked how to quote certain portions.

I say we shoot zemaj and see what color he bleeds. Perhaps the mafia showed a couple connections early day one...

not my vote is still on Zemaj......i was just making a joke because i didnt want MR.ewak here to get us all killed with his leroy jenkins, but i still want to point my gun in his direction, and to all mourning me using my phone to post. i am now using a pc. i only had to read the massive argument via phone.... :p

@Caluin Graye how do you rule this? Who is IronArrow's vote correctly on?

Anyone have thoughts of people working together, yet? I'm suspected of zemaj and The Silver Shroud for their agreement in my earlier suspect of zemaj. For such a trivial point it seemed they were both saying, "yeah yeah lynch the new guy asking questions".

I'm surprised neither of them jumped on whomever asked how to quote certain portions.

I say we shoot zemaj and see what color he bleeds. Perhaps the mafia showed a couple connections early day one...

Aside from IronArrow and Ewok, I'm not seeing anything yet.

As to the new guy asking questions, I don't see him as the highest thread simply for asking questions. II'm looking more towards Ewok and IronArrow at the moment.

I dunno, possibly because I do other things too aside from haunt this thread all day to post the second someone does a thing to challenge my proposal. But you're right, not being in-thread perpetually is obvi-scum

In no way was this what I meant.

UnShoot: Noammr
Shoot:Zemaj

I really dislike how easily-agreeable townie your posts have been Noammr... Are you getting more reasonable in your age, or just rusty?

Must be all the brain damage and psychological trauma.

Question on your comment on me and being focused on D2DC - what do you mean by that? Is there something I should be aware of/looking into?

I think I get what you were doing, just felt like you guys got to a point where you're beating dead horses and stayed there for a while...that said, it looks like that's behind us and I mostly agree with your current observations.

As to the new guy asking questions, I don't see him as the highest thread simply for asking questions. II'm looking more towards Ewok and IronArrow at the moment.

I agree and would add Noodles, I really don't like his casual low-activity behavior today.

I don't see BA as likely mafia because of his 100% lack of participation, more likely to be a RL issue.
I don't see Zem as too likely to be mafia, simply because of how bold n easy he's been playing...though I may be wrong and he's certainly interacted with a lot of people and could be a fine lynch information-wise.

I would still prefer to lynch ewok or arrow or noodle.

^
As to lynches, zemaj has 3, Ewok 1 and Arrow 0.

We have about 2 hours and 45 minutes left in the day.

How does everyone else feel?

I like my vote where it is. Zemaj called me out with about the rudest accusation you can throw around here. I would have voted just for that, but probably wouldn't have switched that early.

But the fact that his vote on BA for the EXACT SAME REASON is just plain scumtastic.

Sorry, been at the zoo all morning. Difficult to follow on the phone..

Im guessing Bad Ash also not present for whatever RL reason. But, if CG is going to find replacement, will wont have modkill issue. I agree that Zemaj is more aggressive than last game.

UnShoot: Bad Ash
Shoot: Zemaj

5 to lock, keep in mind, we're one vote off on Zem (right?)
Short time, would like to see more people put their opinions on display before we lock this.

I would still prefer to lynch ewok btw.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High