A ROSE by any other name - Item Find Thread April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are in 1.07, which has automods on uniques. A few posts up (or was that in the 1.07 thread?) I post a HoZ with 42@ (earlier I found one w/ 6@ and 2 others with ED/AR or whatever the other automod is).

Was looking for a Sur to cube up to Ber, but i guess this works just as fine.
View attachment 6003

Now, if i were to make an Enigma, what could be a good base? I have a Mage Plate with 240 defense, but i've seen people favoring Breast Plates. There's probably not that much difference; the strength req for Mage Plate is higher, but it also has higher durability, which could be useful.

Was looking for a Sur to cube up to Ber, but i guess this works just as fine.
View attachment 6003

Now, if i were to make an Enigma, what could be a good base? I have a Mage Plate with 240 defense, but i've seen people favoring Breast Plates. There's probably not that much difference; the strength req for Mage Plate is higher, but it also has higher durability, which could be useful.

It really depends on which character you plan to use the Enigma. Remember you will get up to 74 (0,75/clvl) strength from the runeword, depending on your basic strength you will get about 100 without investing in skillpoints. Armor is not very important anyway, so it would be better to invest those points in vitality instead.

For a lot of specs this is already enough to wear everything they need, so you should go for the base which requires the least strength - therefore a breastplate is the optimal choice.

If you need a high amount of strength anyway, you could go for the Mage Plate or even a Dusk Shroud or an Archon Plate.

Congrats on the 1.07 vex from council! Best I've gotten from them is several gul OR Lo

@Reyz

Yep, defense is generally irrelevant, and turns out i remembered durability of Breast Plate wrong. Now begins the search for a 3 socket Breast Plate, hopefully a superior one will turn up.

EDIT: Went with Breast Plate

Enigma
Breast Plate
JahIthBer
Defense: 829
Durability: 28 of 50
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0xa7876f61
Item Level: 50
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Teleport
+762 Defense
+60 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced by 8%
+14 Life after each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
81% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)

Last edited:
If HC, never go below Dusk Shroud. You can str bug it on, and when you see the deeds screen wearing a BP eni, you'll ask yourself "what if I just had 400 more base defense...?"

With SC, go with whatever doesn't pain you too much str wise (Shadow plate eni, anyone?) and still looks good enough for you to keep playing the character.

@helvete what kind of gear you use for str bugging?

edit: I think I'd go with 1.07 Tiara of Atlas, add 3x Fal is +60 str from only 4 inventory space
GoMule and ATMA are accepted 3rd party programs here. They can be used for this purpose without penalties. If going purist, such an item would still be rare and far fetched. A +30 str demonhide sash (or other low req belt) paired with some charms, or said circlet (with no sockets or fal runes) wouls suffice.

All +str gear would be removed after equipping the enigma itself anyway, so why use it in the first place?

You mean, you can just equip str gear in ATMA, then put on Enigma? Then remove str gear, and you're good to go? ALL within ATMA?

You just blew my mind.. :eek:

That sounds pretty cheesy in my opinion. Would make it useless for most builds to invest even a single point into strength - if it really works that way.

It is cheesier than that. In Atma (or GoMule), you only need to equip the enigma. In most cases.

EDIT: You can equip gear which have requirements your character doesn't meet too... Twinking with Sigon's for example. Equip gloves, belt, boots, and you'll still get 4 rows of potions from lvl 1.

Also, you can equip a kick assassin with Myrmidon Greaves at lvl 1 and 1-shot anything up to Mephisto.

Or just mule IK mauls onto a lvl 24 necromancer to use as Iron Golems. Twinking is twinking, right?

It is cheesier than that. In Atma (or GoMule), you only need to equip the enigma. In most cases.

EDIT: You can equip gear which have requirements your character doesn't meet too... Twinking with Sigon's for example. Equip gloves, belt, boots, and you'll still get 4 rows of potions from lvl 1.

Also, you can equip a kick assassin with Myrmidon Greaves at lvl 1 and 1-shot anything up to Mephisto.

Or just mule IK mauls onto a lvl 24 necromancer to use as Iron Golems. Twinking is twinking, right?

SPF should be better than this. We're now giving advice on how to cheat using 3rd party software. Sad times indeed.

Edit: I've put my reply to the last two postings to here.

Last edited:
SPF should be better than this. We're now giving advice on how to cheat using 3rd party software. Sad times indeed.
We've been doing that for a long time, ref ATMA bug. Also, there is advice on using the seed command to "recover lost maps". Yeah, well... Losing a map is a lot like dying in HC. It should be permanent, but isn't. There are a lot of opinions floating around, and most of them have some sense in them. However, no good comes from crying over spilled milk, as we say in Norway. The rules are what they are. Perhaps they need revision, but they are still the rules. And they don't specifically prohibit the things I mentioned. They should, but they don't. That's a large part of the reason I wrote that in the first place.

Spent some time this weekend in the Pit with my poison necro. Found a Gul, and this:

Astreon's Iron Ward
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 140 to 162
Durability: 47 of 70
Required Dexterity: 70
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 66
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0xc2d1b978
+279% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 7
Adds 80-240 magic damage
10% Increased Attack Speed
Adds +45 Damage
189% Bonus to Attack Rating
150% Damage to Undead
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slows Target by 25%
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

Pretty meh role, but it's a grailer.

View attachment 6054

I'm just not sure yet whether to wait for a second one or to put into some helm...

I'm just not sure yet whether to wait for a second one or to put into some helm...

Similar to my recommendation to BKC and that Ohm rune a couple of pages ago I'd put my Cham in a Windforce and go full Terminator Judgement Day on all the faul beasts that happen to cross my way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High