Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Welp this was what I was going for. I can pretty much have the job if i want it based on my qualifications and a few skype interviews I've had. I mostly wanna use teaching as a way to travel the world, so I'm not looking for a job that will keep me in one place. I'm even considering full time supply work.
I'm mainly looking at either Melbourne or Adelaide though

I am kind of curious, what made you consider Adelaide? It was because I am here isn't it?

So... I have been here a long time and never really looked at the bar here. How far back do I have to go to know what is going on, or is it always like this in here?

So... I have been here a long time and never really looked at the bar here. How far back do I have to go to know what is going on, or is it always like this in here?

Start from the beginning.

I have read every post in this bar .....

This bar started back in 2004, and was only created because of the forum crash of '03 that destroyed the old bar. We built upon it over many years, adding extension after extension, and always adding more storage space for beer, drinks, couches, the dusty thing that is our claw machine in the corner that sometimes gives out Diablo plushies, squid repellent, harpoons... You name it, we have added a place for everything.

Hello there Pyro! *waves*

Hey Rax, are you still playing that destiny game or did you give up on that yet? :p

I went to North Carolina and played a real life game of Survivor (obviously not on the show itself). It was organized by a big group of friends from around the US and we all came together and played for a week out in the woods of the mountains getting closer to Tennessee.

North Carolina? Not a terrible place, hope you enjoyed life out in nature.

Start from the beginning.

I have read every post in this bar .....

Sorry, but my bullshit meter just hit red alert. I think corax once tried to read it all, I also made a vain attempt at it, but I don't think anyone ever did it.

I think I will start from the beginning, but there is almost no way that I will get through it all but it will be fun I'm sure.

Hey Rax, are you still playing that destiny game or did you give up on that yet? :p

Me and giving up? Psssh. Actually i sometimes am a bit done with it. Unfortunately i can't find anything to replace it right now. In fact last weekend i actually went back to LK for a bit to get my assassin some better gear (didn't work though). And since you asked i did quite a bit of pvp lately in Destiny so i figured i'd try and do something fun and make a clip out of my best snipes of the last few weeks. Which i finished like 10 mins ago. :) Was quite a chore to go through all that footage (streamed for hours) to find the good stuff, but i did manage to get some nice ones. In case anyone is interested here's a shameless self plug. :p

So what have you been doing all this time?

I think I will start from the beginning, but there is almost no way that I will get through it all but it will be fun I'm sure.

Well, that may give you an idea of what's going on at least. But it's mostly a lot of nothing and nonsense. And there's a lot of names back there that you won't recognize I'm sure. But good luck!

Me and giving up? Psssh. Actually i sometimes am a bit done with it. Unfortunately i can't find anything to replace it right now. In fact last weekend i actually went back to LK for a bit to get my assassin some better gear (didn't work though). And since you asked i did quite a bit of pvp lately in Destiny so i figured i'd try and do something fun and make a clip out of my best snipes of the last few weeks. Which i finished like 10 mins ago. :) Was quite a chore to go through all that footage (streamed for hours) to find the good stuff, but i did manage to get some nice ones. In case anyone is interested here's a shameless self plug. :p

So what have you been doing all this time?

Nice video, you are clearly much better than I will ever be. But I am a PC gamer, and aiming with a controller is really hard for me. I did finally get an xbox one a few months ago though. I have Destiny, but just the base game with no expansions. Never even loaded it on the HD actually.

Why did you get it without the expansions? Imo the original game was quite short and for the original price (which you probably didn't pay) not worth it's money. But with several expansions it's grown quite a bit. It lacks end game content, but you can have a good time for quite some time now. Especially if you play less than some other people. :rolleyes:

Not sure if base game vs expansions allow it, but we could play together if you'd like. Though time differences will most likely not make it easy.

As far as me being good: It's much easier to look good when you edit out the bad pieces. :D In all honesty i do ok and am above average, but by no means am i very good (my k/d score is usually around top 34% so just going by that 1 in 3 players would be better than me).

Even though it takes quite a bit of time, it was nice to make. And i actually have a few other clips with throwing knives saved so maybe some day i'll do another. Although i don't play gunslinger much so if i want an all throwing knives montage it'll take a while. So perhaps a mix of nice plays would be more in order.

I found a semi exploit/bug in Starcraft: Brood Wars. I don't know the extent of it, but you are able to skip some of the campaign missions by losing.

By playing Zerg campaign missions 1-3, you can kill a required unit, and by rage quitting, you find you can load up the next mission.
Zerg Mission #1 - Run around the map saving "Hive Clusters." If you lose (kill) any Hive (building,) you get the Defeat screen and lose. If you Alt-F4 (rage quit, as you want to move on to something else after a Defeat,) on the aftermath/stats screen, the next time you load the Zerg missions, you have missions 1 and 2 available.
Zerg Mission #2 - Kill a building. You get an SCV that can control some Zerg units. If you "rescue" two drones, and make Hatcheries, and rescue the first group of Zerglings you see, you get an instant Defeat. There's a mistake in the triggers. But again, rage quit (Alt-F4 on the game stats page, and you suddenly have Mission #3 available.)
Zerg Mission #3 - Keep Fenix alive... Well, goodbye Fenix. Kill Fenix at any time, and you lose. Alt-F4 on the stats screen, and suddenly Mission #4 is available.

But! Losing on Mission #4 and rage quitting does NOT open up Mission #5. I'm not going to investigate further, but I think I found a new bug!

Why did you get it without the expansions? Imo the original game was quite short and for the original price (which you probably didn't pay) not worth it's money. But with several expansions it's grown quite a bit. It lacks end game content, but you can have a good time for quite some time now. Especially if you play less than some other people. :rolleyes:

Not sure if base game vs expansions allow it, but we could play together if you'd like. Though time differences will most likely not make it easy.

As far as me being good: It's much easier to look good when you edit out the bad pieces. :D In all honesty i do ok and am above average, but by no means am i very good (my k/d score is usually around top 34% so just going by that 1 in 3 players would be better than me).

Even though it takes quite a bit of time, it was nice to make. And i actually have a few other clips with throwing knives saved so maybe some day i'll do another. Although i don't play gunslinger much so if i want an all throwing knives montage it'll take a while. So perhaps a mix of nice plays would be more in order.

I really don't remember why I ended up with just the base game, but there was a reason at the time and it may have even been logical.

The base game is indeed pretty lackluster, I have actually played before back when I had my 360. Think I got to level 20-25 or so.

Throwing knives are pretty awesome, so satisfying to get a kill with them.

I think when cakes and I used to play D3 together I would play at 5am and he would play at like 9pm. But I don't get up that early these days :p

I read it all before I joined.

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves sangria

*serves tea

Liar!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, I actually believe you. Now that Jcakes guy though.....still not buying that.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High