Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Fair enough. I feel that this could be all through high school though, not just year 9's, based on memory from my own schooling. I'd understand that that age group could be worse though.

What are some unusual potentially-authentic units of measurement that you all have heard?

Motorway Patrol just spoke of one I've never heard of, regarding the lighting of a police helicoptor spotlight.
"Three hundred, million (300,000,000) "candle power.""

I've never heard of such a measurement (not really that surprising to be honest,) and... I don't think I can imagine what "300,000,000" candles look like! This is apparently a legitimate unit of measurement. What are some other units of measurements that may not be well known, and has anyone used or heard of Candle Power before?

Candle power was a common unit of brightness (luminous intensity) until it was replaced by the candela. A candela is the SI unit for luminous intensity.

I know of Danoontje power. Though that's something entirely different. (not sure if Danoontje is known across the border, but it's something you can eat and they used to have a commercial for kids that had this as a slogan)

Ughh. Don't remind me, I almost have a 9th grader!

We typically use lumens here, but I have seen candlepower used on occasion.

When I heard candle power, I wondered how interesting it could be to have "millions" (arbitrary large number) of candles lined up down the middle of a street (maybe 10-20 (why not more!?) candles wide, and as far down the street as it can go, and just having them all lit at once. Or a chain reaction; kind of a candle-flame dominos.

Unsurprisingly, I haven't heard of Danoontje power either. ;)

Melbourne's better. This summer, we got our hailstorm, snows, heatwaves, drought, and finally got in some rain. And a nearby tornado to boot, apparently. [Source]

I didn't see this comment earlier, but yep, Melbourne's got it all. We had a tornado come though not far from our house on Christmas day back in 2011. The hail punched holes straight through our asbestos room and covered our car with pockmarks. Scary stuff.

I'm not a crew, but I'm old(ish). Does that count?

Of course! Join the old crew.

orrr you could start playing mafia again

who knows

whatever happened to that asshole who organized mafia games?

I think that guy died? Didn't he die? Must have because I remember there being some kind of post about starting a game, then nothing. Something Something, people are not here.

You get used to it. I am still here, you can catch me on steam from time to time or Bnet 2.0

You know I don't like change. Change is for young people.

I think that guy died? Didn't he die? Must have because I remember there being some kind of post about starting a game, then nothing. Something Something, people are not here.

man it's almost like the dude might have took a big road trip and completely forgot about the site until months later >_>

man it's almost like the dude might have took a big road trip and completely forgot about the site until months later >_>

Did you take a road trip? Sweeeet. Where did you go?

I didn't see this comment earlier, but yep, Melbourne's got it all. We had a tornado come though not far from our house on Christmas day back in 2011. The hail punched holes straight through our asbestos room and covered our car with pockmarks. Scary stuff.

That video is insane! I imagine several vehicles were damaged in that, but I'm glad I wasn't caught in that. In 2011, I would have been in south west suburbs somewhere.
We also get the rare and minor earthquakes in Melbourne as well, which are more confusing than frightening, at least where I was.

Did you take a road trip? Sweeeet. Where did you go?
I went to North Carolina and played a real life game of Survivor (obviously not on the show itself). It was organized by a big group of friends from around the US and we all came together and played for a week out in the woods of the mountains getting closer to Tennessee.

I know of Danoontje power. Though that's something entirely different. (not sure if Danoontje is known across the border, but it's something you can eat and they used to have a commercial for kids that had this as a slogan)
Danone is, Danoontje Power is not. It's not the sort of thing you want to export anyways.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High