Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

It's pretty rare (or even the first time) someone discusses a tournament idea in this thread.

IMO you should create a new thread with a name that will make sure users that participate in tournaments will read and comment. :)
Ok, I'll just cross-post this.

What would be the fastest patch and way to level a barb up to 99 in? Council or cows in 1.07? I can't remember if the exp is the same in 1.08/1.09 or if that'd be slower.

If I had to guess (and it is a guess because I'm not sure), it would be to trade for basic Cowzon gear in 1.07, rush seven mules (including the zon itself) past Hell Baal and start doing self-MP p8 Cow runs with the zon while the barb stands in a corner.

You can probably do something similar in 1.09, but I have no experience with that myself.

Cows were insanely popular in 1.09. As long as the character you wanted to level was in the cow level, it worked fine since they didn't have that 2 screen distance thing in place back then. You are also less likely do to die from insanely overpowered MSLE jackasses present in 1.07 that you may encounter during your leveling journey. Difference being of course you can't get fancy 1.07 gear during your leveling process and there aren't many items of note in 1.09 except for the frw charms.

Thanks, good to know. I'll think about which patch I really want to do, never played any old patches besides 1.07

Stupid/random question: I know that ranged attack sometimes splits elemental damage. For example, and enchantress using a bow will deal half of the LCS damage.

Is that the same for throw damage with a javelin? (I'm assuming there will be quite a few caveats...)

+Elemental damage percentage is not applied to ranged attacks like it is to melee, so an enchantress only gets their mastery applied once when they attack at range, rather than twice when they attack in melee.(once when they cast enchant, once when they attack with it.) The LCS still shows damage as if the mastery worked twice.

What are you trying to do?

If I have a character name that ends with the letter "s" and personalize an item, will the game add one more to the name? I have started characters named Restles and Clueles to wear the Deaths and Berserkers sets so it would be "restless deaths ..." and "clueless berserkers ...", well you get it.

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT CIGARETTES CAN KILL YOU?!?!!

Oh, wait. You play SC? No big deal then! Just watch out for those charges from Pindle's minions while rolling the cig...
Haha shit! I know man, I would probably have been 3 lvls higher if I didnt do stupid shit like that while running!

+Elemental damage percentage is not applied to ranged attacks like it is to melee, so an enchantress only gets their mastery applied once when they attack at range, rather than twice when they attack in melee.(once when they cast enchant, once when they attack with it.) The LCS still shows damage as if the mastery worked twice.

What are you trying to do?
Thanks. Essentially, I was wondering what Dual Dreams would do on characters using a javelin. At the moment I am working on a Javasorc in tandem with the traditional Javazon. I wasn't sure if the lightning mastery also was nerfed in that way.
The main problem is that when you're doing 30, 40, even 50k LCS damage, it's a quite difficult to feel if that is nerfed since it is so powerful to begin with.

Good thing that you happened to ask that BBS, was a good reminder since I pondered the same thing. And actually thought about Javasorc too. Too many hours in the MFO obviously, if my mind starts to wonder towards such builds :D

What Javelin you were thinking to use, if I may ask?

Good thing that you happened to ask that BBS, was a good reminder since I pondered the same thing. And actually thought about Javasorc too. Too many hours in the MFO obviously, if my mind starts to wonder towards such builds :D

What Javelin you were thinking to use, if I may ask?

Haven't really thought it through at all, but here are my initial thoughts, which probably have big errors:

What javelin to use? This is the big question, and the most difficult IMO, because the biggest problem will be attack speed.

1. The sorc can't use Amazon-only javelins, and there are hardly ANY unique javelins in D2. No normal or exceptional at all, and only 3 elites. The fastest of those is Demon's Arch, IIRC, but it is a slow base item.

2. No runewords, and no socketing at all. That eliminates the idea of filling something with Shaels.

So, the best bet would probably be some really fast rare javelin of the Winged Harpoon or Hyperion Javelin class with "of quickness" (40 IAS mod) and "replenishes quantity". Damage doesn't really matter since that will come completely from enchant / dreams. I suppose one could just shop two stacks of "of quickness" javelins, but replenishes quantity can't spawn at the same time on a blue, can it? So it seems we may be reduced to picking up and IDing yellow javs...

Anyway, with 40 IAS Winged Harpoon or Hyperion Javelin, we still need 85% off-weapon IAS to hit max IAS (9 fps) if we want to use Infinity on the merc and not Faith... which we probably do. For the record, just checked and Demon's Arch can only hit 11 fps at 85 IAS.

EDIT: And forget using Andariel's or M'avina's to get all that IAS because Dream is already in that slot! So Hlords, Treachery, LoH it is.

Boots?
Rings - SoJ/BKWB
Belt - Razortail for piercing

EDIT: Also, I wasn't able to find anyone making a Mat / Build thread for a Javasorc ever. So even though it seems like a simple idea to have a dual-dream sorc that mimics the Lightning Javazon, it apparently has only rarely been done.

Last edited:
Hi guys im just about to start up a trav barb. I have a grief and just rolled an oath cryptic sword. Should I dual wield these or just use the grief and use a shield in the other hand.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but it's a fun LCS. I respec-ed my Bear sorc back from Trav Bizz sorc because I became bored of Trav. You'll notice the inventory is empty of my AR charms (literally took this just after respec), but still, the max damage is pretty crazy--65k max! I probably won't play with this exact set up, but I think I can still hit a pretty big LCS number. :)
View attachment 2613

woah, that's a hurty bear!

I was rolling Travi and LK maps, because I recently lost the one I used in the last RFO. Decided to keep whichever was good first. Now I'm running LK since long time. My map has the usual 6 super chests in circle besides WP and a quite stable Sacred Targe rack in the middle. Nice.

Having already one 45@ ST Spirit it's only a secondary goal to find a one with higher def. Now I'm after ethereals with high res. It certainly doesn't drop the usual 1/20(?) ethereals which I'm used to with weapons in 1.07.

1)So, are ethereal armors more rare from racks?
2)Or are ethereal Paladin shield (class-specific armors) more rare?
3)Or is it because 1.13 differs from 1.07 with that?

There's one weapon rack that I occasionally click too (Matriarchal Javelins, and it seems to drop eths just fine).

Also who knows the odds for sets and uniques from 1.13 racks? With my relatively small data, I'm thinking those might be way better than in 1.07.

Yeah, maybe I didn't phrase it clearly; that map I'm speaking of is in 1.13 and the only real racking experience I have is from 1.07 :)

But yes, racking for eth armors in 1.07 is a waste of time. Also iirc the defense of the all paladin shields was lower there.

Oh I wish this had been better:

View attachment 2642

Lightsabre on switch for an awesome Star Wars themed character :p

That rack I wrote about gave me one eth 45@ btw. Unfortunately it had already couple sockets. I doubt I'll see another perf res eth any time soon with the rate those drop..

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High