Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

View attachment 2374

I had vague memories that Shock Wave is awesome, boy I was right. Also had read about it many times.

So I've FC Bear in the making. Question to those more experienced with those, how much life would be enough to make it all through Hell /players 8? I've decent gear. Will use 3 soc non-eth Tomb Reaver as an end game weapon. I'm considering going semi-titan with this one..

E: oh, and second question. Has anyone ever rolled Mausoleum maps? I'm leveling there at the moment, but the map layout sucks, bosses are (if they are) at very different directions, and the map is quite huge.

Last edited:
So I just found out about the many wonders of the shift key a while back. So far I noticed:
-One click and belt is full of potions
-One click and you get full set of 12 keys.
-If you have keys in inventory, shift will refill them.
-When allocating or resetting stat points, shift click will places all remaining points in one attribute.

Any other tricks similar to this? It's a simple thing, but it really saves a lot of time at the vendors at least. Not sure why I didn't know about it.

So I just found out about the many wonders of the shift key a while back. So far I noticed:
-One click and belt is full of potions
-One click and you get full set of 12 keys.
-If you have keys in inventory, shift will refill them.
-When allocating or resetting stat points, shift click will places all remaining points in one attribute.

Any other tricks similar to this? It's a simple thing, but it really saves a lot of time at the vendors at least. Not sure why I didn't know about it.
If you shift-click you can automatically put potions into your belt. If you ctrl-click on any item in your inventory at a vendor you can sell it.

Shift + Potion key to feed merc. At least I think it's shift. I kind of do it automatically, now I think about it I'm not sure which key it is.

Shift + Potion key to feed merc. At least I think it's shift. I kind of do it automatically, now I think about it I'm not sure which key it is.
I refuse to believe this. It would be too awesome considering I always misclick and drop all my health potions.

You can also shift click to buy scrolls to fill a tome.

You can shift right click the potions for the merc as well.

I think I knew all these, but thanks for posting. It's weird how little tricks can go under the radar. Yes, if you've been trying to drag and drop potions on the merc, it will be terrible. I know serious ends and sarcasm begins in the last few posts, but not sure quite where. :D

Code:
Shimmering Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Required Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0x2394fe7
Item Level: 10
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+7 to Life
All Resistances +4
I had no idea the all resist affix could have such a low value. Does this have something to do with the item level?

Edit: As BBS points out I forgot to say it is a grand charm. I got a numberof 3, 4 @ small charms, but I have only found grand chrams with the 13-15 @ affix. Was that just luck?

Last edited:
I'm running trav with the following set up on a cold sorc:

CoH/1.07 LoH/Mara's/HotO/Spirit/BKWB&SoJ/Harley/Arachnid Mesh/War Trav's

Standard skill set up, only 6k Blizz damage. I need to increase that with some cold skillers in inventory--right now I only have 2 or 3. Survivability isn't really an issue, except for the merc, but he mostly doesn't die due to GA/Kira's set up.

Any obvious improvements? I know something like DF, +3 Blizz Ormus or a sick +3 Cold skills ammy with other variables would be good, but obviously I don't have any of those.

My MF is right at ~300. Is that OK for running trav for goodies + runes? Or should I drop it down a tad?

Skip LoH. Hydras are mostly only dangerous to mercs since they do 1/6 damage to characters. Use TO gloves or magefist to reach next FCR breakpoint. Go get a DF. Pindle is a decent source with blizz sorc, as is AT. With that high damage, I'd go for p8 all the way unless you're lvl 95+

OK, thanks, I'll give those gloves a try! I had mostly ignored FCR because Blizzard was main attack, but it would be nice for teleporting and spamming. I have been alternately running AT, so I'll give Pindle a shot as well.

For blizzard sorc 2 things matter when we talk about safety: one is minion spawn locations, and other is resists on sorc. Minions should all be tightly together if possible so you can tele next to them, but out of their attack range and kill them with blizzard. As for resists, there are few possible ways to achieve maxed resists (not poison, its irrelevant), and I believe both CoH and Umed/jeweled Vipermagi do the trick. On top of that, one could use absorb amulet or helmouth gloves to heal from hydras. That kind of sorc would be unkillable unless you tele into the pack with mistake. Otherwise you probably wont lose a single life in whole run, or even 100 runs.

Even without rare bird Fathom, sorc with say: faceted Nightwing's Veil, faceted Vipermagi, hoto, spirit, mara's kaleidoscope, snowclash belt, dual soj, helmouth gloves, resist boots + whatever inventory with skillers and resist/life charms should work wonders in safety of running + she would actually have decent damage.

Assuming average rolls of everything (30+ allres Vipermagi plz), she would have 155 cold and lite ress, 120 fire ress + there are res from the boots I didnt count + from inventory you could use, so easy to max for anyone I believe. Fire is not important since Hellmouth gloves will heal you with 120 fire res anyway.
Damage of such sorc with say 5 skillers in inventory and average rolls of facets and Nightwing's would be ~ 8600 dmg according to skill calculator, or 8900 if you use 6 skillers (and I have ~9700 on mine since I don't use battle command and only 4 skillers, but difference is rather small). So Fathom is not really needed after all. That kind of sorc + Infinity on merc would eat Travincal alive + would be super safe, just make sure to roll map where you can safely tele next to minions and blizzard them.

So 105 fcr, nice mana, great damage, cold absorb + 90 cold resist if not conviction, fire absorb that will heal you, maxed lite ress. Only downside is you don't have MF (you could use Gheed + War Travs and make up resists with small charms), but if you don't care about that...

What you want is at least 14-15 yards static field to speed up the killing. Get there, blizzard - static - blizzard - ice blast fastest killing strategy. Use info from my post to your advantage. One more thing. If you use static field efficiently, blizzard damage is not that important. 7k+ is enough to do fast running. I have same running time with 9k blizzard as I had with 14k for example.
As for MF, 300 is overkill and is hurting more than being useful. Ideally aim for 176-186 MF, that way you have maxed chance to get rare rings and rare jewels + nice chance to get facets.

Map is most important part overall. Ideal map vs non-ideal map can make big difference for sorc. You ideally want all minions on balcony out there, but rolling such map might take some time. Everything less is not ideal map for sorc.

Thanks for quoting and for info on MF. I knew you guys had posted about this in the past, but searching forums is a bit of a problem because there is so much info the subject it is hard to find the best information. :) I did run across frozzzen's trav sorc vid and his gear is so sick--all those amazing blues. I think I could get into optimizing a Blizz sorc.

Yeah, TBH I hadn't even thought of static-ing to speed up run times. I feel dumb now. Actually, I feel smart now for knowing it. But I feel retroactively dumb.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High