Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

It's been quite a while since I played 1.09 and my memory is failing me, is Berserk a one-point wonder in 1.09?

Locked out of my other account, but found my way back into this one. Anyway, I wrote a quick article re: the recent Polygon gaming controversy, and I mentioned you guys in it.
https://medium.com/@harperreginald1/wtf-is-wrong-with-polygon-3dad9dddda88
Towards the end I mention the theorycrafting that @Gripphon et. al engage in, as well as @maareek 's innovative character builds and @Maltatai creative back stories. The article was shared around quite a bit in the Twitter verse, which was cool. :)

Last edited:
I totally liked chess part and mentioning few players, especially Mikhail Tal - my all time favorite chess player. If his chess games weren't true art, then I don't know what is...

If his chess games weren't true art, then I don't know what is...
kpop.

Read article, but instructions were unclear. Sold myself as a work of art, and am now hanging over some weird dude's fireplace. Still not my worst job ever.

(Thanks for the mention and nice article. :))

Glad to know you enjoyed it!
I actually updated it a little just now: That link to maareek's build was corrected to link to his frenzied oskill barbs thread, and I added a link to one of Grip's pvp write ups just for another example.

I enjoyed writing the article. I get a bit bored of people who think video games should be all story, though I certainly enjoy story as much as the next fellow.

And yes, @Gripphon , chess is awesome. I'm a terrible player, but I love reading about famous matches and famous players. I especially find different players' mentalities interesting. Obviously there are the insane one's like Fischer, and then they are the cool guys like Magnus Carlsen.

I'm leveling my pvp Sorc right now. Just hit level 89 on /p8 Pindle and finding it slower than I remembered. Would it be better to do /p8 AT? Or is there something else that's better? (pure blizz Sorc right now)

I'm leveling my pvp Sorc right now. Just hit level 89 on /p8 Pindle and finding it slower than I remembered. Would it be better to do /p8 AT? Or is there something else that's better? (pure blizz Sorc right now)

I found p8 pits much faster than p8 pindle at that lvl with my windy, so yeah, I'd think AT should beat pindle, just takes a little to roll a good map.

I tried a bit of AT, and it didn't seem better than Pindle. I imagine it will be as I get up to a higher level though. AT is also more dangerous, I can run 500 mf on Pindle and have almost no chance of dying, with little attention invested. So I guess I'll stick with Pindle for now at least.

Personally I almost always level up to 93 at Pindle, and have pushed as far as 94.666 or so at him. He's simple, easy, and accessible for pretty much any character. Zons and other slow teleporters don't suffer as much due to lack of mobility. Plus he's more consistent unless you have an awesome AT/Pit map. You can just turn your brain off and level up.

Pindleskin is level 86 and is giving 254500 experience, which is 1145250 experience on p8. With him there are 8 minions of same level and offering same experience as Pindleskin, meaning if you kill them all, you get total of 10307250 experience on p8, excluding any penalty.

In AT bosses are level 88, and average experience they give is 1281465 xp on p8. Let's assume we kill boss + 4 minions at average per bosspack, that would net us total of 6407325 xp.

Next, we need to do more assumptions now. Let's assume it takes 21 seconds to kill p8 Pindle for sorc. Let's also assume we gain considerable xp only from bosspacks in AT (championpacks are falling considerably behind on higher levels). From levels 83 till 91 both Pindleskin and bosses are giving full experience without level difference penalty. That means in 21 sec Pindle running you get total of 10307250 experience (let's exclude now penalty due to level). For AT to measure up to this kind of experience gain, we must kill 1.61 bosspacks in 21 seconds in AT. That is 13 seconds per bosspack efficiency. If we assume slightly better AT map (you will spend 20 minutes to roll) has 5.25 bosspacks, and 1/5 of those are championpacks, which means map would then have 4.2 de facto bosspacks per run. To match 21 second Pindlerunning, we must kill those 4.2 bosspacks in ~55 seconds on p8. Doable? With practice I'd say definitely yes. + championpacks do offer some experience as well.

So let's say Pindleskin IS better up to level 92 because you can wear more MF and feel safer by running him. + it is much more straightforward. BUT, on level 92 on above, AT wins because Pindle gets penalty on xp due to level difference between you and him is greater than 5, while you still get full xp from AT bosspacks. So, at level 92 and above, AT >> Pindle. Okay, on level 92 difference is slightly toward AT, but at level 93 and above difference should be very obvious.

And yes, @Gripphon , chess is awesome. I'm a terrible player, but I love reading about famous matches and famous players. I especially find different players' mentalities interesting. Obviously there are the insane one's like Fischer, and then they are the cool guys like Magnus Carlsen.

Thanks for mentioning me in the article :)

I'm pretty same for chess. Bad player, but sometimes I enjoy watching matches and thinking about moves and such.

Thanks @grippon ! That's exactly what I was looking for, and it's what I thought was going to be the case, just wasn't sure exactly what level it would occur at.

It's my goal to hit 93, so I'll probably just keep at Pindle. Hopefully that'll give me a reasonable chance to not get totally destroyed by the CtH formula on a haxor level 99 pvp match!

The Clash of the Titans of chess was Kasparov vs. Karpov wasn't it? :eek:

That was some nice words in that article, bbs, you have them words.

Thanks, guise.
There are a few chess movies coming up. Interested to see them. Dark Horse and Pawn Sacrifice. Who knows if they'll be any good.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High