Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

What do people make a merc Infinity in? An eth Thresher ok?

That's what I'm using when I find another Ber. I know someone has a spreadsheet floating around with percentages on it, but I'm just going to use the fastest one with the lowest wield reqs, and that's an eth Thresher. I know it doesn't have the absolute highest DPS but I just want one anyway.

I made one in eth Tresher and one in eth 1.07 GPA. I think the GPA was supposed to be the most DPS with the merc setups I use the most.

Thanks guys. The eth Thresher was the first thing to come to mind, especially since I had one sitting in my stash :D .

Stupid question of the day:

Does the enhanced damage stat on paladin shields mean the shield itself or the weapon the paladin is carrying? I always wanted to ask this.

It affects both smite and weapon damage. That ed% works the same way as does ed% from Fortitude for example.

Where do you guys get sick blues? For example, I was watching froz's Trav sorc video, and looking at his Glacial Circlet of the Magus, and similar Glacial ammy. I was thinking that even a plain Glacial Circlet might work pretty well for a Trav sorc (I'm sure it's not really beating out other unique helms by a lot, but with sockets etc....) and really there are quite a few affixes that could spawn with that which wouldn't be bad. That got me thinking of blues in general, and there could be quite a few circlets and amulets with +3 to specific skillset that might be quite useful for specific characters.

Anyway, where do you guys usually come up with blues? Gambling? Shopping? Surely you don't pick up blue items while running?

Last edited:
Depends on the blues. For basically any you see from froz or nulio, they're probably previous patch things that were rolled or crafted in some way. For current patch circlets and amulets, definitely gambling is the plan. Things like JMoD and some specific weapons (sorc wands, that kind of thing) and helms (druid or barb) you just pick up while playing.

Just to note: the amount of blues that are any good is miniscule, and they're more of the kind of thing you should be excited to see when they show up instead of expecting to find. Lastly, the impact from any particular blue is almost always very small (in the case of a trav blizzsorc a glacial circlet with fcr and a glacial amulet with fcr lets you hit 105fcr without any from the gloves, armor or rings but in truth the difference between that setup and mara's + harley/nightwing's is almost none) so you should not prioritize looking for them over other things.

That makes sense. I can't help clicking gold piles in Trav between spamming, and I like to gamble for things, so I have been gambling amulets, circlets, rings...

I do ID blue monarchs just because it'd be fun to find a JMoD--not sure I'd even use it, tbh.

I do gamble blues for crafting purposes, if you have a high enough character it enables certain affixes. For example I leveled my sorc to 93 so she could gamble amulets for +2 skill crafts.

Also if you have a lot of time on your hands, there are certain class-specific items like claws and gloves that can spawn ridiculous +skills. I have a couple pairs of blue +3 javelin gaunts that were shopped from Anya, for example.

For fun I calculated how long it would take me to roll a cigarette, light it and kill pindle... it took me 54 seconds. I'm so stupid

Hi there. I used to have an account here a decade ago, but I don't even remember that username anymore. However, I've kept playing, with D2 as my offline game of choice for most of those years. I remember the tourneys always interested me, but I never got around to joining any. So, I was considering starting one.

Making a Name for Yourself:

General Rules:

1. HC, or SC with disqualification upon first death (feel free to continue to update, although you cannot win the tournament.) I might just go with separate divisions for HC and SC instead.
2. Single-pass, (nearly) untwinked only. (You may, of course, sprint from a WP to an uncleared area when starting a new session. Keep kills to an absolute minimum while maintaining safety, but all drops are off limits) If you need to S&E to not die while running through a previously cleared area that is acceptable.
3. You may defer completion of "rewards" quests (Charsi Imbue, Anya Personalization, etc.) and return for the rewards at any point. You may also return to previous acts/difficulties for shopping purposes as you please.
4. ATMA/GoMule may be used as an extended stash.
5. You may re-enter as many times as you wish, or enter multiple characters at once. You may sign-up any time.
6. Version 1.10+, RRM/RWM/FAM allowed. No MP, no Trading.
7. Save + Exit to avoid death is NOT allowed, and results in disqualification from the tournament. (you may, however, S+E if running from a previously cleared area and you get yourself in trouble.)
8. I will make and maintain a table with progress. This will hopefully eliminate mix-ups and missed updates.

Tournament Specific Rules:

9. Pick one set. You will twink this full set onto your character. (You may not have already used a socket quest on these items or filled any existing sockets.) You must be able to use all items at the same time.
10. Your character must be named after the set. For example, you could name your character Death, Orphan, Naj and so on. If you wish to avoid characters with the same names, you may give your character a last name by appending "_Lastname" to your name. For the three sets that lack a possessive in their name, name your character Angel, Infernal or Disciple.
11. You must wear and use all items in your set as soon as possible. Once you can use an item from your set, you may not remove it or switch away from it. If your stats are too low to use an item when you reach its required level, you are disqualified unless all stat points so far have been put in stats to help you qualify. (So, you can use Sigon's, but you must put every point in strength until you reach 75.)
12. If you find another copy of an item from your set, you or your mercenary must use it if possible. If this allows you to switch weapons without losing set or personalized items, you may do so.
13. If you cannot yet use an item from your set, that slot must be left empty.
14. In all other slots for you and your mercenary, item restrictions are as follows:
  • You must wear and use any personalized items. You may not personalize an item that will prevent you from wearing another personalized item or one of your set items.
  • You and your mercenary must fill all other slots with set items as soon as possible.
  • If you have not yet found a set or personalized item for a slot, you may use any White, Grey or Blue items in that slot. You may not use runewords.
  • You may use any charms or socket fillers except for Gheed's and Facets.
15. No respecs.
16. You may use Khalim's will and the Hellforge hammer to complete their quests.

I think these rules would allow players to modify the difficulty some with their choice of set, thereby accommodating players of different skill level.

What do people think?

Last edited:
It's pretty rare (or even the first time) someone discusses a tournament idea in this thread.

IMO you should create a new thread with a name that will make sure users that participate in tournaments will read and comment. :)

For fun I calculated how long it would take me to roll a cigarette, light it and kill pindle... it took me 54 seconds. I'm so stupid
DON'T YOU KNOW THAT CIGARETTES CAN KILL YOU?!?!!

Oh, wait. You play SC? No big deal then! Just watch out for those charges from Pindle's minions while rolling the cig...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High