Mass Effect Mystery Box Mafia Game

What is in your qt is between you and the mod. At this point in time the mod has stated that " trade box, open new box" is possible. Until we get further clarification I have to go by what's in the thread.

I've asked for clarification.

Has anyone else got multiple shots from a box yet? My two abilities are one shot only and it seems strange that numbers claims a multi shot ability.

There are only so many L3 boxes. One of them would have to claim. Maybe if someone other than me calls for a mass claim...

What is in your qt is between you and the mod. At this point in time the mod has stated that " trade box, open new box" is possible. Until we get further clarification I have to go by what's in the thread.

Has anyone else got multiple shots from a box yet? My two abilities are one shot only and it seems strange that numbers claims a multi shot ability.

My second ability is multiple shots. It came from /2 box.

Okay, so not going to waste my time addressing any more of your posts. If you're firmly convinced I'm scum, and everything I'm saying is a lie, then there's nothing more to say here on my part.

On a side note, it's really irritating that I've only played with you when you've been scum. Every time I've played you've acted convinced that I was scum and/or disagreed with things I said that were at least somewhat correct(in the results, if not necessarily perfect underlying logic) so it makes it really hard for me to determine if this is just scum you pushing back the way you have in all the other games(although I think you only pushed back late game in those cases) or if this is just how you play when you're town.

I don't think anyone but yourself views drixx as "the anti-bus." I've seen you use that terminology a few times before in regards to him, but I don't think I see it. He's only been scum like twice? And I wouldn't say he defended super hard in those cases, but whatever. I already explained my thoughts about my suggestion to follow your lead on who we should kill, it was a matter of efficiency given the lack of time for coming to a consensus, and simply seemed reasonable since anybody else could just be trying to mislead us.

In any case, if you feel that way, why aren't you voting for me? You did yesterday, the people who voted for me yesterday and are still alive are all voting for me now, except for you.

So you are giving up? Maybe instead of just stuffing your fingers in your ears, you actively try to find some scum? Are you gonna throw down another self vote in a couple of hours?

Sorry but your assertion that what Numbers claimed is not possible is directly contradicted by the game moderator. See next quote:

The possibility of alignment change has been confirmed by BPC, so that at least is true.

The drixx/numbers thing is getting annoying. Get a room already.

So you are giving up? Maybe instead of just stuffing your fingers in your ears, you actively try to find some scum? Are you gonna throw down another self vote in a couple of hours?

The drixx/numbers thing is getting annoying. Get a room already.

The entire conversation is getting annoying. I'm not giving up, I'll gladly engage in discussion on any other topic, but on this one I'm done talking...which probably means nothing is going to happen because nobody seems capable of introducing any new factors or information into the conversation. I don't exactly see you probing to hunt for scum anywhere else? Lynch me today, see I'm town, and then you'll have all managed to waste the day learning nothing, and tomorrow you'll remain ignorant.

2. BipolarChemist- 'm s srry. Wn't sk 000 q cz ths scks
3. Zokar- In light of the information about there being no abilities to use N1, do you still feel goryani is scum? If so, why?
4. JCakes-Yay for the wine if I don't get lynched!
6. Bad Ash- Succinctly describe the case against Ankeli if you would?
7. Caluin Graye- Why didn't you suggest confirming yourself as town using your power?
8. Drixx- What makes you so certain I'm town?
10. Goryani- Do you still have the same box?
11. Ankeli- Succinctly describe the case against BA if you would?
13. Pyrotechnician- Any thoughts at all?
14. FredOfErik-Don't think I have any questions for you, other than to ask straight out what I was hinting at before: Why are you so vocal at this early point in the game this time?

Scum/Town reads from everyone would be nice too...

Oh, and I guess a random thought that is, unfortunately, related to the whole 'case' against me, a scenario: Mylo, one confirmed townie, 2 unknowns containing 1 scum, and you. Is it scummy to follow the lead of the confirmed town player in that situation?

And what the moderator claimed is possible in this thread is directly contradicted by what the game moderator said was not possible in my QT. Option 6: "Trade Box, Open New Box" was not one of the 4 allowed actions.

Clarification in here as well. When I said two actions per game phase I quoted the top 4 possibilities from Goryan's list because they had 2 options in them. I didn't see that option 6 also had two options available. However two box abilits per game phase is the master rule and anything that follows that rule is ok. (except picking up and then trading straight after, but why would you?) And of course the one trade per game phase still applies. But you get the idea I hope.

14. FredOfErik-Don't think I have any questions for you, other than to ask straight out what I was hinting at before: Why are you so vocal at this early point in the game this time?

My activity depends 90% on how much free time I have. Right now I have a lot. The last 10% is the inevitable lurking that sometimes comes with being scum.

The entire conversation is getting annoying. I'm not giving up, I'll gladly engage in discussion on any other topic, but on this one I'm done talking...which probably means nothing is going to happen because nobody seems capable of introducing any new factors or information into the conversation. I don't exactly see you probing to hunt for scum anywhere else? Lynch me today, see I'm town, and then you'll have all managed to waste the day learning nothing, and tomorrow you'll remain ignorant.

Well, I have been scumhunting and I have found a player (two including drixx) that I think is scum and voted for him.

Your scumhunting so far has been "lets vote for whoever jcakes think we should vote for".

Right now I'm not as focused on finding more scum as I am on getting the rest of town to lynch you.

Unvote: IWantToUseNumbersInMyName

I'm still undecided about him, but I don't want him to be the default lynch choice as I think he's about halfway to the number of lynch votes.

@Numbers - How did Laarz' claimed ability enter into your decision to vig kill him? Did you worry he had a L3 ability that you earlier said we should be keeping silent about and from mafia?

10. Goryani- Do you still have the same box?

No. I opened my box. I was rewarded with the uber valuable information that Solar Ice, Feysal, ThomasJohnson, and Korialstraz are not playing in this game. Looks like Ankeli was right about the box contents.

I did this while I still thought a trade then open was not allowed.

Last night, I tried to trade my box for a box not on the shelf list (YOUR 2 SMALL), thinking mafia would try sneaky shenanigans I described earlier. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the N1 shelf list (and why I asked if anyone did). I knew of only 1 box on the shelf N1 (YOUR 2 SMALL) because I let Sathoris know that box was on the shelf but didn't appear on the big box list.

And that completes my box mass claim. Everything else happened publicly (traded with Ankeli in twilight, trade request but no trade with you).

A couple people were active D1 and are much more silent today. CG. Pyro. BA. Zokar.

Vote: Zokar

I choo choo choose you partly cause I want to hear to box action claims (what boxes you've held, opened, picked up, traded, etc), partly cause I'm curious about two post restrictions happening the same day phase, partly cause you outright refused to interact with others D1 during the vigshot/save/vote2/fakevigshotclaim stuff and partly cause you have been against box action claims from the beginning of the game.

Vote count:

Bad Ash - 2 - Ankeli, DrixX
Numbers - 3 - Erik, BPC, Zokar
Zokar - 1 - Goryani

28 hours untill day end.

Unvote: IWantToUseNumbersInMyName

I'm still undecided about him, but I don't want him to be the default lynch choice as I think he's about halfway to the number of lynch votes.

@Numbers - How did Laarz' claimed ability enter into your decision to vig kill him? Did you worry he had a L3 ability that you earlier said we should be keeping silent about and from mafia?

Laarz did not claim to have an ability.

FoE: Watching us talk and chiming in that you think a or b is a scummy thing to do isnt scum hunting. Initiating conversation amd questioning people is.

@Numbers - I'm not certain you are town. I'm fairly certain, logically, that the information you provided on day 1 is accurate both because it makes no logical sense for any alignment to make such information up and secondly because BPC confirmed it later. I noted on day one that believing the info said nothing as regards to your alignment.

That said, your play has been consistent with your town play in the past and I do not have an example of you being mafia to reference so I cannot really compare to something that hasn't yet happened. I do believe you landed serial killer once and just played as if you were town or something? I suppose it's possible you would do the same as a mafia member.

The argument I have made is that there is more upside to letting you live. If you are telling the truth then you killed a mafia already and have implied you have at least one more shot, and as you pointed out earlier with some of your reads you feel like the odds are fairly high that you could hit another scum (especially if you happen to catch a slip or you hold your kill and wait until you spot one).

If you are lying, then you are either scum and you got the extra kill from the box and lied to us about Laarz, or perhaps you got changed into an SK or something.

In any case, if you are lying and are a mafia then it seems logical that any extra shots handed out to your team would be limited since it would be super swingy to give mafia 2 night kills repeatedly in a game that started with 15 people. So if you are mafia, there seems to be little to no downside to leaving you alone and pressuring some people who are lurking and using the discussion about you to sneak through today unnoticed.

I think that the number of people who are trying to quietly avoid notice while this discussion goes on about you is fairly telling. If you are scum, your teammates are either driving the bus on you or just using the discussion as a convenient place to hide. I think we'd be much better served to look at some other folks. You aren't going anywhere, are you? Another night's data will tell us a lot I think. I see no reason to rush to lynch you as the only thing we learn in doing so is your alignment. If you come up town, we can reasonably assume Laarz was scum... but what if you come up Neutral SK or something? In the past you've been honest with the town as a SK while pretending to be a vigilante (if I recall the game correctly), so could we trust what you said about Laarz in that case?

I guess my point is that we aren't even sure to know about Laarz by lynching you. Lynching you /could/ give us one extra piece of info, but that remains true for the rest of the game except that it could potentially give us two extra pieces of info if you kill again and tell us results again. If the mafia kill you during the night, then we get the same info we would have gotten by lynching you, except the mafia did the work.

I have to concur with Caluin Graye that eventually the value of killing you will be high enough to warrant lynching you, but I don't know that learning 1 or 2 dead people's alignments is sufficient to just lynch you no matter what.

No. I opened my box. I was rewarded with the uber valuable information that Solar Ice, Feysal, ThomasJohnson, and Korialstraz are not playing in this game. Looks like Ankeli was right about the box contents.

I did this while I still thought a trade then open was not allowed.

Last night, I tried to trade my box for a box not on the shelf list (YOUR 2 SMALL), thinking mafia would try sneaky shenanigans I described earlier. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the N1 shelf list (and why I asked if anyone did). I knew of only 1 box on the shelf N1 (YOUR 2 SMALL) because I let Sathoris know that box was on the shelf but didn't appear on the big box list.

And that completes my box mass claim. Everything else happened publicly (traded with Ankeli in twilight, trade request but no trade with you).

Improbable loop hole. I have no idea why you'd actually do this.

So you don't think the town might have needed a box from you so you say "eh what the hell".

Also that's two people who have said I am quiet when A. It's not the weekend this day phase B. I've still made plenty of posts and C. The game is ever changing and the numbers thing needed or needs to work itself out before the mass moves on or commits. Something of which I don't have a lot to say about.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

lol@drixx's "only thing we learn is your alignment".

lol@drixx's "only thing we learn is your alignment".

Please don't boil down what I said to that.

At the worst case, all we learn is that Numbers picked up a box that made him a serial killer. In that case that's all we would learn because how can we trust a serial killer to be honest about his kills?

At the best case, we learn that Numbers is scum and therefore we can safely assume Laarz was town, so we learn 2 alignments.

In the middle of the road we could kill a townie Numbers (bad) but have the comfort of at least knowing he told us the truth about Laarz being scum (good).

So the best case outcome in lynching numbers is that we find out he is scum, but there will never be a case when lynching him will give us less info than it does now, but in any case where he's not scum then we can find out more by seeing how his "x shot vigilante" claim plays out.

Ergo, we learn at worst case only his alignment and in the other two cases we basically find out which one of him and Laarz was scum. So we need to kill him today why?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High