Mass Effect Mystery Box Mafia Game

Laarz did not claim to have an ability.

Semantics.... Laarz claimed to have received useful information. Whether that came upon box opening or it came from an investigation which came from opening the box is irrelevant to my line of questions. The potential for information was claimed yet the information wasn't.

Semantics.... Laarz claimed to have received useful information. Whether that came upon box opening or it came from an investigation which came from opening the box is irrelevant to my line of questions. The potential for information was claimed yet the information wasn't.

He shared it.

pharphis, you seem to want to die for some reason, maybe you win if you get killed in the first day of the game? just thinking to myself:scratchchin:

I open a box and got some info also, do people think I should pass this along or hold it for now? It has to do with what the boxes can confer to a player.

And my taxes are finished:alright:So you now have my mostly undivided attention. The box I opened gave me info, that info is that there are only 3 types of boxes, power boxes, information boxes and mystery boxes. I now need to get some thread reading done.

And yes, the fact that the information he shared was essentially useless, and he offered no input into anything, did factor into my decision to shoot him. Didn't feel like the action of a lurker who was trying to help us accomplish things without sticking his neck out, but more like the actions of someone who was just trying to avoid notice completely.

He shared it.

The way Laarz phrased 165 made it sound like he had more info to share than simply "there are 3 kinds of boxes." To me, it looked like a setup to: Refund guy is A, Don't F with Aria is B and blahblahblah is C. It looked like the major power role claim others are saying we should stay silent about. And then he gets night killed the very next night. It looks highly suspicious.

I don't actually see anything about his sentence to lead me to think there was anything else he had to share...he said "....gave me info, the info I gained was etc..." and that's it. Nothing at all hinting that there was more information to be gained. Considering we have two people who have gained useless information from their boxes, I don't see any reason to think his box told him anything more than he shared.

6. Bad Ash- Succinctly describe the case against Ankeli if you would?
11. Ankeli- Succinctly describe the case against BA if you would?

Scum/Town reads from everyone would be nice too...

I've already stated why I'm voting for BA, and he has stated why he's voting for me. Don't get the condescending tone of the question either.

You see, i judge people more by the way they react to things and interact with others. Yours seems awfully fishy to me; as if you're trying to sugarcoat your usefulness after you've "blown your load" on the early day reveal. I'm still of the opinion that you're mafia buddies with BA. BA is basically just being BA by being so direct, but I think it's bad play for the town and hence I'm voting for him. It has more so to do with the timing of his aggressiveness, being so early, that I think he's mafia.

In addition to you 2? I would've said Goryani, but since I doubt there's more than 3 mafia in a game this size I think I have both of the scum pinged already.

Please don't boil down what I said to that.

At the worst case, all we learn is that Numbers picked up a box that made him a serial killer. In that case that's all we would learn because how can we trust a serial killer to be honest about his kills?

At the best case, we learn that Numbers is scum and therefore we can safely assume Laarz was town, so we learn 2 alignments.

In the middle of the road we could kill a townie Numbers (bad) but have the comfort of at least knowing he told us the truth about Laarz being scum (good).

So the best case outcome in lynching numbers is that we find out he is scum, but there will never be a case when lynching him will give us less info than it does now, but in any case where he's not scum then we can find out more by seeing how his "x shot vigilante" claim plays out.

Ergo, we learn at worst case only his alignment and in the other two cases we basically find out which one of him and Laarz was scum. So we need to kill him today why?

The reason that I'm sayin "lol" is that you shouldn't lynch players because of the info you gain. You should lynch players, because you think they are scum. What you are basically saying is that numbers might be scum "but now we are on to him" so we might as well wait a couple of days with lynching him.

Numbers goes today, if he is scum, you go tomorrow.

Also, I don't believe numbers having any more vig shots.

CG was a vig (I believe him)

Somebody used a vig last night.

I have a vig shot.

I believe it to be possible that there us three different vigs in one game (believable), but that one of them has more than 1 shot is to me unthinkable.

In addition to you 2? I would've said Goryani, but since I doubt there's more than 3 mafia in a game this size I think I have both of the scum pinged already.

You think only 2 mafia are left because you believe the results, if not claim, of a player you believe is mafia. Makes sense to me!

It sounds like you too know Laarz was mafia.

I have a vig shot.

I believe it to be possible that there us three different vigs in one game (believable), but that one of them has more than 1 shot is to me unthinkable.

Should we start Vote3?

I have a vig shot.

Vote: Numbers

I've already stated why I'm voting for BA, and he has stated why he's voting for me. Don't get the condescending tone of the question either.

You see, i judge people more by the way they react to things and interact with others. Yours seems awfully fishy to me; as if you're trying to sugarcoat your usefulness after you've "blown your load" on the early day reveal. I'm still of the opinion that you're mafia buddies with BA. BA is basically just being BA by being so direct, but I think it's bad play for the town and hence I'm voting for him. It has more so to do with the timing of his aggressiveness, being so early, that I think he's mafia.

Goryani addressed this already. If you think I'm scum, then why would laarz be scum as well? Do you really think that I didn't shoot laarz, had 3 minutes to come up with a post(2 minutes if you include the delay in me getting the actual flip), and came up with all the stuff I posted, including a fake claim to have shot someone who was scum? What's the purpose? Making a big play to draw even more attention to myself for a miniscule gain in town credit, that's worthless when the towns already leaning towards thinking I'm scum, so it's actually more likely to backfire than not? We haven't played together, but I assure you I'm not that stupid.

Anyways, that last line *really* sounds like you're either making a huge cognitive error, or you knew laarz was scum.

About the voting thing: Humor me? Also, I don't see you see condescension. I don't know you well enough to care about you enough to be condescending to you.

The reason that I'm sayin "lol" is that you shouldn't lynch players because of the info you gain. You should lynch players, because you think they are scum. What you are basically saying is that numbers might be scum "but now we are on to him" so we might as well wait a couple of days with lynching him.

Numbers goes today, if he is scum, you go tomorrow.

Again, if I'm town, how does that reflect on Drixx in your opinion?

Also, we had this argument before I think. You should lynch players in this order in my opinion.

1) Scum
2) Information gained.

Drixx doesn't think I'm scum, so he'd rather lynch me at the time when more information is gained. Of course, now that we see that there are EVEN MORE vig shots floating around, one of which is held by someone who believes I'm scum, I think the chances of me living through the night have gone down significantly, so his argument about keeping me alive for a lynch tomorrow and more information is more likely to be invalidated when my flip isn't public.

I have a vig shot.

That's not very open minded of you. Considering that the vig shots can end up with ANYONE, and that the scum have an increased ability to coordinate box opening and reception, I don't see why there couldn't be 3 vig shots, one of which is a multi-shot. CG's power was a vig OR save, so not guaranteed to even be a kill. I don't know what your vig shot is. And then we have my power(or the power that you attribute to someone who isn't me, apparently). Given that either alignment could have received the powers, multiple shots are fair, balance wise, just random.

What level box did you receive your vig shot from? Mine was 3. What level was CG's? I'd be likely to believe yours came from a level 2 box, and cg's came from a level 2 or possibly a level 3.

You think only 2 mafia are left because you believe the results, if not claim, of a player you believe is mafia. Makes sense to me!

It sounds like you too know Laarz was mafia.

^

I do not understand this. Rephrase it please.

I do not understand this. Rephrase it please.

I believe you hurt the town by attempting to trade for a box that wasn't on the shelf based on a self-concocted theory of how the mafia were manipulating the shelf, which is something I highly doubt they even thought of.

Someone is lying about their vigilante shots. We've already had four people claim them.

If we have four mafia, they could potentially make 6 kills in two nights if the luck of the draw was with them. That is a broken mechanic.

If we have three mafia, they could still make 6 kills in two nights.

I think that is highly highly unlikely.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High