Mass Effect Mystery Box Mafia Game

One trade per game phase. So you may either trade with a player (During the day) or trade with the shelf (day and night), but not both.

Wait. What? During one phase (day) you get to trade with a player then in a different phase (the next night) you get to trade with the shelf. Right?

I believe that you are scum. Not based on the information you have shared, but based on the way you have played. I for instance highligted several scenarios, that to me looks a lot like scum fishing for town cred.

I do not believe that laarz was scum and you shot him. It is possible that you shot laarz, and it is possible that he was scum. But I do not believe that you shot laarz and that he was scum.

I do not believe you have any more vig shots.

I do not believe anything you have told us.

I feel the same about numbers. I'd also add that he wanted to play follow the jcakes yesterday and Drixx ( the anti bus) is defending him hard. The only time I've seen Drixx defend someone this much is when they are mafia partners.

During N1, I asked Sathoris about the legality of 9 different combinations of open/pickup/trade. Number 6 was the Trade/Open combo you claimed to have done. I even submitted that exact series of events during N1. I traded my box for Scan All The Planets then tried to open it. Nothing happened. I was later told that Number 6 was not a legal action and that only 1,2,3, and 4 were legal actions. Sathoris added those options, and only those options, to the rules.

Vote: IWantToUseNumbersInMyName

I think you are lying about the series of events. I think you didn't open the box during the day. I think you had to open it at night. I think that means you couldn't have used a Don't F with Adria ability on Laarz last night.

Plus the whole thing about how mafia wants to silence town-Laarz before he can share the information about everyone's boxes more than town want to silent unknown-alignment-Laarz for the same reason.

Sath just stated it was legitimate.... I am very confused.

Two actions per game phase. Trading and opening are two legitimate options.

Mafia are in the unique position to screw with the list of shelf boxes. They have a box. They see the boxes on the shelf. They coordinate amongst themselves to trade with better (or equivalent) shelf boxes during the day (the earlier the better). This changes the contents of the self boxes. The public list DOES NOT GET UPDATED. Only mafia know the actual contents of the box.

The next night, when townies open their box and try to pick up a new box, it might not be there because mafia have already removed that box from the shelf. Meanwhile, mafia are effectively guaranteed a valid pickup simply by picking up the box they swapped in the previous day phase.

Numbers: What box did you swap for Don't F with Aria?

Mafia are in the unique position to screw with the list of shelf boxes. They have a box. They see the boxes on the shelf. They coordinate amongst themselves to trade with better (or equivalent) shelf boxes during the day (the earlier the better). This changes the contents of the self boxes. The public list DOES NOT GET UPDATED. Only mafia know the actual contents of the box.

The next night, when townies open their box and try to pick up a new box, it might not be there because mafia have already removed that box from the shelf. Meanwhile, mafia are effectively guaranteed a valid pickup simply by picking up the box they swapped in the previous day phase.

Numbers: What box did you swap for Don't F with Aria?

Here's the exact sequence of my box actions, with titles and levels, since I'm not mobile now.

Twilight:Received Qwib Qwib or Ectomy / Level 2
N1: Opened Qwib Qwib or Ectomy / Level 2, gained information about alignment changing possibility, and then picked upNo salarian hearts, no turian livers, not one krogan testicle / Level 2
D1: Traded No salarian hearts, no turian livers, not one krogan testicle / Level 2 for Don't f*** with Aria / Level 3, then opened dont f*** with Aria / Level 3. Received a flavor story, and then gained a vigilante ability.

I believe that you are scum. Not based on the information you have shared, but based on the way you have played. I for instance highligted several scenarios, that to me looks a lot like scum fishing for town cred.

I do not believe that laarz was scum and you shot him. It is possible that you shot laarz, and it is possible that he was scum. But I do not believe that you shot laarz and that he was scum.

I do not believe you have any more vig shots.

Okay, so not going to waste my time addressing any more of your posts. If you're firmly convinced I'm scum, and everything I'm saying is a lie, then there's nothing more to say here on my part.

On a side note, it's really irritating that I've only played with you when you've been scum. Every time I've played you've acted convinced that I was scum and/or disagreed with things I said that were at least somewhat correct(in the results, if not necessarily perfect underlying logic) so it makes it really hard for me to determine if this is just scum you pushing back the way you have in all the other games(although I think you only pushed back late game in those cases) or if this is just how you play when you're town.

I feel the same about numbers. I'd also add that he wanted to play follow the jcakes yesterday and Drixx ( the anti bus) is defending him hard. The only time I've seen Drixx defend someone this much is when they are mafia partners.

I don't think anyone but yourself views drixx as "the anti-bus." I've seen you use that terminology a few times before in regards to him, but I don't think I see it. He's only been scum like twice? And I wouldn't say he defended super hard in those cases, but whatever. I already explained my thoughts about my suggestion to follow your lead on who we should kill, it was a matter of efficiency given the lack of time for coming to a consensus, and simply seemed reasonable since anybody else could just be trying to mislead us.

In any case, if you feel that way, why aren't you voting for me? You did yesterday, the people who voted for me yesterday and are still alive are all voting for me now, except for you.

We have the better part of 3 days, so I'm not sure why the hurry to jump on the Numbers bandwagon. He gave useful information yesterday and drew attention to himself that he didn't need to, and he also immediately claimed responsibility for the 2nd kill last night and asked us to give him guidance to use another shot.

This is a really easy situation to work out honestly. If Numbers lives through tonight, the odds will be pretty high that he's scum. And if he isn't and the mafia want us to kill him for them, then he'll presumably have another flip to give us and lynching him will serve to confirm whether his claims are true or not.

As it stands now, his play reads town and while there is some WIFOM as to whether he has any shots left or not, if we lynch him today and he has been honest all we get is a dead townie who could possibly have done another kill (which he submitted a request for the town to advise with) and confirmation that Laarz was scum.

If; however, we let him go into tonight, then there is potentially much more to be gained, and he can still be lynched tomorrow to confirm if that's necessary. Frankly, I don't see why we should lynch him and do the scum's job for them if he is telling the truth. If he has night kills left and already took out one scum, they aren't going to want to leave him around in hopes that he's only got one or two shots.

I could quote multiple posts of yours with my reply, but I'll just quote this one.

1. This is how scum-Drixx tries to convince town that someone else other than a fellow mafia should be lynched. Tacit admission that the subject in question could be scum but let's hold off and go after someone else first.

2. Every argument you gave for not lynching Numbers today can also be true for Numbers not killing a claimed power role player. Why give Numbers a free pass?

3. No "This is how scum with a vig shot would play a vig..." like in past games (multiple, as town)?

Also, is anyone going to even bother responding to my request for suggestions on who you would prefer I shoot tonight? Right now the conversation is just circling around me, and we're accomplishing nothing else. I'm not going to waste my time responding to anything more that concerns you guys trying to lynch me, just not worth the effort when I've already laid out all the information I have to share. There is no more information I have to give you. You have to decide if you believe me or not.

I could quote multiple posts of yours with my reply, but I'll just quote this one.

1. This is how scum-Drixx tries to convince town that someone else other than a fellow mafia should be lynched. Tacit admission that the subject in question could be scum but let's hold off and go after someone else first.

2. Every argument you gave for not lynching Numbers today can also be true for Numbers not killing a claimed power role player. Why give Numbers a free pass?

3. No "This is how scum with a vig shot would play a vig..." like in past games (multiple, as town)?

You lynch me. I flip town. Does Drixx become more or less likely to be scum?

Also, is anyone going to even bother responding to my request for suggestions on who you would prefer I shoot tonight? Right now the conversation is just circling around me, and we're accomplishing nothing else. I'm not going to waste my time responding to anything more that concerns you guys trying to lynch me, just not worth the effort when I've already laid out all the information I have to share. There is no more information I have to give you. You have to decide if you believe me or not.

Any response I give to that will depend on my understanding of the box rules and I see several contradictions. In this thread and in my QT. I just don't understand the rules enough to judge what is or isn't a townie action. That and you all are staying silent about too much.

You lynch me. I flip town. Does Drixx become more or less likely to be scum?

Neither more likely nor less likely (caveat: lyching ANY townie means ANY random living player is more likely to be scum). Drixx can be scum with or without you being scum. Drixx could be scum trying to buddy buddy up to you (he is on your town list because he buddied up to you), hoping (knowing?) you don't have another shot or you'd shoot a townie.

In any case, if you feel that way, why aren't you voting for me? You did yesterday, the people who voted for me yesterday and are still alive are all voting for me now, except for you.

Two reasons why I haven't voted for you
1. I am on my phone and want to re-read everything in detail before I vote
2. Lots of time left in this day no reason to hurry to a lynch

On Drixx the "anti-bus" I don't think I was the one to point it out originally, I did see it first hand in the zombie sg game.

During N1, I asked Sathoris about the legality of 9 different combinations of open/pickup/trade. Number 6 was the Trade/Open combo you claimed to have done. I even submitted that exact series of events during N1. I traded my box for Scan All The Planets then tried to open it. Nothing happened. I was later told that Number 6 was not a legal action and that only 1,2,3, and 4 were legal actions. Sathoris added those options, and only those options, to the rules.

Sorry but your assertion that what Numbers claimed is not possible is directly contradicted by the game moderator. See next quote:

Two actions per game phase. Trading and opening are two legitimate options.

The possibility of alignment change has been confirmed by BPC, so that at least is true.

Any response I give to that will depend on my understanding of the box rules and I see several contradictions. In this thread and in my QT. I just don't understand the rules enough to judge what is or isn't a townie action. That and you all are staying silent about too much.

Neither more likely nor less likely (caveat: lyching ANY townie means ANY random living player is more likely to be scum). Drixx can be scum with or without you being scum. Drixx could be scum trying to buddy buddy up to you (he is on your town list because he buddied up to you), hoping (knowing?) you don't have another shot or you'd shoot a townie.

I'm not staying silent about anything. :)

Sorry but your assertion that what Numbers claimed is not possible is directly contradicted by the game moderator. See next quote:

And what the moderator claimed is possible in this thread is directly contradicted by what the game moderator said was not possible in my QT. Option 6: "Trade Box, Open New Box" was not one of the 4 allowed actions.

And what the moderator claimed is possible in this thread is directly contradicted by what the game moderator said was not possible in my QT. Option 6: "Trade Box, Open New Box" was not one of the 4 allowed actions.

What is in your qt is between you and the mod. At this point in time the mod has stated that " trade box, open new box" is possible. Until we get further clarification I have to go by what's in the thread.

Has anyone else got multiple shots from a box yet? My two abilities are one shot only and it seems strange that numbers claims a multi shot ability.

I was already to vote for numbers, but I think it's been too much on too little and I've now gone the other way.

Goryani is hiding behind improbable loopholes

Drixx is all about the overdefense

and Ankeli is still on my personal scum list.

I'd be happy to vote for any of these.

@Numbers I believe you should save your shot and shoot someone tonight at your best judgement, or maybe you don't. If you are really town, no need to telegraph your actions and I see no benefit of us deciding who you should shoot today as it is very likely the mafia is driving the conversation today.

This is probably the 3rd time I asked, but I can't remember and don't feel like looking back. Numbers did you say what lvl your box was?

Convenient that the day that Bad Ash quiets down a bit is the day that "it is very likely the mafia is driving the conversation..."

Vote: Bad Ash

I was already to vote for numbers, but I think it's been too much on too little and I've now gone the other way.

Goryani is hiding behind improbable loopholes

Drixx is all about the overdefense

and Ankeli is still on my personal scum list.

I'd be happy to vote for any of these.

@Numbers I believe you should save your shot and shoot someone tonight at your best judgement, or maybe you don't. If you are really town, no need to telegraph your actions and I see no benefit of us deciding who you should shoot today as it is very likely the mafia is driving the conversation today.

Here's the exact sequence of my box actions, with titles and levels, since I'm not mobile now.

Twilight:Received Qwib Qwib or Ectomy / Level 2
N1: Opened Qwib Qwib or Ectomy / Level 2, gained information about alignment changing possibility, and then picked upNo salarian hearts, no turian livers, not one krogan testicle / Level 2
D1: Traded No salarian hearts, no turian livers, not one krogan testicle / Level 2 for Don't f*** with Aria / Level 3, then opened dont f*** with Aria / Level 3. Received a flavor story, and then gained a vigilante ability.

Your answer is above.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High