Outbreak: Amish Mafia style - Mini Mafia Game

I agree with your thinking, and I've thought since the sign ups that it would likely be 3vs6

Well when I laid it out I don't think I agree with 3 vs 6 unless its a funky set up. Can you explain your thinking a little more?

Because 4vs5 seems far too many and 2vs7 seems a bit low.

3 V 6 is not necessarily balance though...I really am not trying to fish for a power role, but it seems like you know there is a town killing role, otherwise 3 V 6 guarantees a mafia in the final 3, and even worse if a vigilante guesses wrong.

pfft, 3v6 seems unlikely. Way more likely to be 6v3.

noobs

I mean we've discussed how every game I you send off a scum vibe to me, this game is no different but Kestegs has you beat for now

Assuming best case scenario and the first two days are town voted in and there are two town killed by that time. On the third day that would leave 5 Players left. If only 2 were mafia, town still technically has voting control and chances are that a town member would also be voted in on that day. For this reason I would say that the game is most likely 6vs3.

Gory's first post doesn't have a scenario for what would happen if three mafia were voted in (outcome obvious, but not stated nonetheless). Considering this game is all about the townies voting for townies I'm inclined to believe there are only two mafia.

Kestegs and Pharphis are not getting my votes. I feel like this game would greatly benefit from us giving our townie list periodically.

Town: Pyro, Bad Ash, Gwaihir

Mafia: Kestegs, Pharphis, Caluin Graye

3 V 6 is not necessarily balance though...I really am not trying to fish for a power role, but it seems like you know there is a town killing role, otherwise 3 V 6 guarantees a mafia in the final 3, and even worse if a vigilante guesses wrong.

I mean we've discussed how every game I you send off a scum vibe to me, this game is no different but Kestegs has you beat for now

See bpc's description, it doesn't guarantee it. Week, it would be 3 mafia vs 2 town worst case. But if mafia made an obvious play to get a person in on day 3 then lylo would be pretty simple.

If there is a town vigilante, which I doubt, then they should not be killing anyone without better info.

Gory's first post doesn't have a scenario for what would happen if three mafia were voted in (outcome obvious, but not stated nonetheless). Considering this game is all about the townies voting for townies I'm inclined to believe there are only two mafia.

Kestegs and Pharphis are not getting my votes. I feel like this game would greatly benefit from us giving our townie list periodically.

Gory's post says 2 or more, that covers 3 since 3>2.

Why am I scummy?

And why did you leave bpc and drixx off your list?

Assuming best case scenario and the first two days are town voted in and there are two town killed by that time. On the third day that would leave 5 Players left. If only 2 were mafia, town still technically has voting control and chances are that a town member would also be voted in on that day. For this reason I would say that the game is most likely 6vs3.

Except that town doesn't know if they've voted town into getting a vaccine, nor do they know who amongst them are town or mafia.

Whereas mafia would have that information. If it was 6v3, then best case scenario for town leaves them outnumbered on Day Three, and a mafia is sure to be voted in. They don't care which one, they have three people to chose from. It doesn't need to be an obvious play, as kestegs suggests, as there's too much WIFOM being thrown around at that point.

If the game is 6v3, then we might as well skip all the drama and go straight to the three man LYLO, because it's either that or a automatic mafia win.

Appears that joke phase is over with, soooo...

Unvote: pharphis

Only person I'd be willing to send through at this point is Bad Ash.

Except that town doesn't know if they've voted town into getting a vaccine, nor do they know who amongst them are town or mafia.

Whereas mafia would have that information. If it was 6v3, then best case scenario for town leaves them outnumbered on Day Three, and a mafia is sure to be voted in. They don't care which one, they have three people to chose from. It doesn't need to be an obvious play, as kestegs suggests, as there's too much WIFOM being thrown around at that point.

If the game is 6v3, then we might as well skip all the drama and go straight to the three man LYLO, because it's either that or a automatic mafia win.

No, you're right. I was still thinking that town would know they hasn't voted a mafia in on day 3. 2 mafia really does present a much more balanced game, but I'm not ruling out 3.

Three vs six would be a potential 4 vs 3 on the second vote and 3 vs 2 on the third vote (assuming there are no town kills and two townies being voted in first) this would almost guarantee a mafia would make the final three and unless Gory intended the LYLO vote to be his desired outcome seems unlikely as well.

I believe this means we either have 2 mafia or 3/2 independent mafia kind of like SK's, but Idk how that would work with the possibility of night kills. But this game is wonky so I am not sure there is a clear cut answer.

I think it depends on power roles. Can the town easily pinpoint a mafia or save/confirm a townie? If the town does not have much for power roles, there really should only be 2 mafia or we can't reach the 3/0. Only if the town has some way of likely preventing a 3 mafia/2 town final day can there be 3 mafia.

pfft, 3v6 seems unlikely. Way more likely to be 6v3.

noobs

Thanks for your brilliant insight into our current situation :crazyeyes:

I do think listing may be a good idea in this setup. Will be very useful later I think.

More likely town: Sathoris, Bad Ash
Possible town: CG, BPC
Possible mafia: kegs, Drixx
More likely mafia: Pyro, pharphis

That's why I say we would only technically have voting control at that point, even though we wouldn't know it. I could easily see a situation with both 2 and 3 mafia in the game.

No, you're right. I was still thinking that town would know they hasn't voted a mafia in on day 3. 2 mafia really does present a much more balanced game, but I'm not ruling out 3.
Why would you be thinking that?

NotVote: Kestegs

But Gwaihir ... how do you know what I would look like as mafia? I've never been... oh crap.

Seriously though, I think the best thing town can do is put vanilla townies in the safe spot. Since the last day LYLO won't allow any power role to use their role to find info, we ideally want 2 vanilla townies in there today and tomorrow and we want power roles outside to help make that happen.

I am as vanilla as it gets, and a townie. Whether or not you all want to send me to the box is up to you, but I do suggest you at least consider what I'm saying because I think it's the proper strategy.

But Gwaihir ... how do you know what I would look like as mafia? I've never been... oh crap.

Seriously though, I think the best thing town can do is put vanilla townies in the safe spot. Since the last day LYLO won't allow any power role to use their role to find info, we ideally want 2 vanilla townies in there today and tomorrow and we want power roles outside to help make that happen.

I am as vanilla as it gets, and a townie. Whether or not you all want to send me to the box is up to you, but I do suggest you at least consider what I'm saying because I think it's the proper strategy.

That's about the last thing I'd do today, but thanks for the offer.

You are not getting in after this post.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High