Outbreak: Amish Mafia style - Mini Mafia Game

Goryani

Aug 7, 2005
In 1953, Watson and Crick showed the world what the future of humanity looked like.

In 1973, scientists began to change that future via genetic engineering.

In 2013, future started fighting back.

It started altruistically enough. Malaria continued to plague mankind. Plasmodium malarie. How could such a tiny thing cause so much devastation? Living in mosquitos and spread through their bites, malaria infects over 200 million and kills nearly a million annually.

Efforts to kill the mosquitos never fully succeeded. Insecticides working on one species would leave other species unphased. Resistance spread faster than mosquito free communities.

The world needed a change in tactics. Rather than kill the mosquito, kill the parasite. The idea was simple. The execution was anything but.

After several years and countless dead ends, a breakthrough occurred. Wolbachia, a relatively benign bacteria naturally infecting many insect species, was genetically engineered to successfully live and thrive in mosquitoes. Moreover, Wolbachia was shown to limit the spread of the malaria causing Plasmodium parasite. It seemed miraculous. A cure for malaria was conceivable.

The first real world trials started at a classified location in Australia. Wild mammals were the target. Plentiful. Widespread. Found in mosquito breeding areas. Susceptible to malaria.. Infect lab grown mosquitos with the genetically engineered strain of Wolbachia bacterium. Release the mosquitoes into the wild. If everything goes well, infected lab grown mosquitoes will feed on nearby mammals, who will in turn be infected with Wolbachia. Wild mosquitoes will feed on mammals, continuing the spread of malaria fighting Wolbachia. Wild mosquitoes will be caught and analyzed for the presence or absence of Wolbachia to determine transmissivity rates.

The first... anomaly... was found near Queensland. Known as downers in the industry, they are common enough. Many countries have laws regulating them. Cattle unable to walk to the slaughter house can’t be used for food or feed. They are to be disposed of. Sterilized. Analyzed for Mad Cow and a host of other diseases.

But we’re not talking about a downer or two. We’re talking about a whole herd. Two hundred twenty seven head of cattle unable to stand. Unable to feed. Unable to move out of their own defecation.

Other anomalies showed up. Rumors spread: At first within conspiracy circles but shortly after in media and coffee shops.

Those rumors were quelled on September 18, 2013. Emergency Broadcast Systems the world over chimed in unison. Outbreak!

The good news: a vaccine was available. The bad news: no mention of how to get it, how effective it was, or how many vaccines were available.

Panic set.

The Stoltzfus family of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania made plans. They would endure, no matter the cost.

On September 19, 2013, the Emergency Broadcast System was triggered again. Vaccines were available at the county health department. But there was a shortage. A critical shortage. Only three doses were available for all of Lebanon County, a county of 9 individuals.

By administrative fiat (dern politicians!), the doses were to be given only if the residents came to a majority agreement on whom to give them to.

What follows is an account of the residents of Lebanon County....

I'm skipping the normal rules. Everyone knows them.

Sample Town Role PM:
Name: <redacted>
Alignment: Town
Abilities: None (Vanilla Town)
Win Condition:Save the world from really really really bad reality shows by stopping the Amish Mafia from obtaining a vaccine.

Sample Mafia Role PM:
Name: <redacted>
Alignment: Amish Mafia
Abilities: None other than a normal mafia kill (Vanilla Goon)
Win Condition: Ensure the Stoltzfus line endures the Outbreak by successfully obtaining a vaccine.

Special Game Rules:

1. If mafia obtain a vaccine, they win. If not, town wins.
  2. No night phase. Nights will run concurrently with days. As soon as one day ends ("vaccine" vote), "night actions" occur (including night kills), then the next day starts. Submit actions before the vaccine vote. I will accept conditional actions as long as I can understand them (If A is vaccinated, do X, if B, do Y....).
  3. No deadlines. Day ends when a majority vote is reached and I make the end of day post. I will make the end of day post as soon as a majority reached but I will ensure each day lasts at least 24 hours.
  4. Instead of lynching, everyone votes to give out a vaccine dose. Anyone voted to receive a vaccine dose is taken to a secure undisclosed location to receive the vaccine. They are out of the game, for now. They can't be targeted by night actions. They can't speak in thread. They can't vote. No flip is given for a vaccinated player.
  5. After 3 day phases, everyone without a vaccine dies. All players dying in this manner will have their name/role/alignment revealed.
  6. At this point... If 0 mafia have a vaccine, town is guaranteed to win. if 2+ mafia have a vaccine, mafia is guaranteed to win. If 1 mafia has a vaccine, the 3 vaccinated players will continue the game with one last day phase. This will be a 3 player, LYLO lynch scenario.
  7. Majority vote rules. Any vote % greater than 50% results in a vaccine lock. Less than or equal to 50% means the day continues.
  8. I hope I haven't forgotten anything.

Last edited:
Players Alive
1. pharphis
2. Pyrotechnician
3. Drixx
4. kestegs
5. BipolarChemist
6. Bad Ash
8. Caluin Graye

Players Dead

9. Sathoris

Players Vaccinated

7. Gwaihir

End of D1 - Gwaihir is vaccinated. Sathoris is killed.

D1 Vote Count:
Caluin Graye (0) - [STRIKE]Caluin Graye[/STRIKE]
Drixx (0) - [STRIKE]Drixx[/STRIKE]
BipolarChemist (0) - [STRIKE]Bipolar Chemist[/STRIKE]
Pyrotechnician (1) - [STRIKE]pharphis[/STRIKE], Sathoris,
pharphis (0) - [STRIKE]Caluin Graye[/STRIKE]
Gwaihir (3) - Pyrotechnician, Caluin Graye, Gwaihir
Bad Ash (1) - pharphis
Sathoris (1) - kestegs

D2 Vote Count:
Drixx (0) - [STRIKE]pharphis[/STRIKE]
Bad Ash (3) - pharphis, Bad Ash, Drixx
Caluin Graye (1) - kestegs

current as of post #219

Last edited:
Interesting concept.

I can't foresee any reason not to start off by voting for ourselves. Can anyone else?

Vote: Caluin Graye

Obvious scum play by CG. Of course the only response is to vote myself.

Vote: Drixx

On September 19, 2013, the Emergency Broadcast System was triggered again. Vaccines were available at the county health department. But there was a shortage. A critical shortage. Only three doses were available for all of Lebanon County, a county of 9 individuals.

By administrative fiat (dern politicians!), the doses were to be given only if the residents came to a majority agreement on whom to give them to.

What follows is an account of the residents of Lebanon County....

Hey! I know where Lebanon County is! I live nearish there!

P.S. If this is about the Amish, why are we in Lebanon County, shouldn't we be in Lancaster County?

Scum, scum, and scum. Total scum all of you. Which one of you is a Stoltzfus, you might as well just tell us now.

Drixx hasn't claimed to not be mafia yet, and according to past history, he's been scum in 100% of the games in the past that that has been true.

Drixx hasn't claimed to not be mafia yet, and according to past history, he's been scum in 100% of the games in the past that that has been true.

Shhh! Don't tell him that!

The first problem that I can taking place in this day is the reluctance to vote. Day does not end until we have a lock, so this may not be a bad thing. Conversation is good people!

I haven't played in something like this before, are there generally PRs?

Shhh! Don't tell him that!

The first problem that I can taking place in this day is the reluctance to vote. Day does not end until we have a lock, so this may not be a bad thing. Conversation is good people!

I haven't played in something like this before, are there generally PRs?

I know one role fisher who isn't getting a vaccine.

Cmon, errbody, vote for pyro.

Wait, I mean pedro.

Unvote: Pyrotechnician
Vote: Pedro

I'm waiting for him to say that he hasn't been mafia previously before I am certain....oh wait....yeah, he can't do that now.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High