Mafia game thread

So, we can edit our role PM to whatever we want.

We can edit our role PM's and not get modkilled. I altered mine (after Sathoris gave the warning) to create errors for the other Ted's to correct. I'm still here.

So then, I made a rookie mistake by posting my full role PM unaltered and so none of the Normans can be trusted to be legit?

Bad idea is bad. Even if the recruitment theory is right (and I'm not sold yet), then it's probably just one of the Harry's who got recruited and not ALL of them. Therefore, this idea requires lynching multiple townies for every mafioso lynched. In general, lynching two townies per mafia means the town loses. Your idea looks like it will lynch 2 or more townies per mafia found (unless Harry keeps entering the sphere). That sounds like a losing strategy to me.
Wow. Leaking scum Goryani.
When does the town ever only lynch mafia? In every game I've played in there are multiple Townie lynches before a Mafia gets lynched. Sometimes we win with a great cop claim. Sometimes we lose with a bussed result.

[highlight]Doing what I suggested would help confirm/deny the recruitment theory.[/highlight]
By lynching all of a role (albeit Beth, Ted, etc), we would see if one of them are mafia. It may take 3 tries, it may take 1 try. Is it really that hard to grasp?

I'm not saying do this for everybody... *sigh*
I agree with the notion that one of each title role is mafia. What I am not sure of is do they get told they are mafia when they enter the sphere, or do they acquire their power when they enter the sphere. Either way, we have a statistical lead oj the Harry's, and by far Laarz has been the most suspect.

First of all, I'm not convinced that entering the sphere is recruitment. That's a conclusion I haven't yet jumped to. I don't entirely understand how that idea is treated as gospel by some.

Even if I were convinced of the recruitment theory, I still wouldn't focus exclusively on a Harry or Ted. That idea will allow mafia to COMPLETELY blend in with the town. Lurk to victory. That idea will also lessen the amount of scumhunting directed toward the mafia over the course of the game.

I suggest we play like other mafia games and scumhunt normally. I think that eliminating from lynch consideration approximately half the players with ~46 hours left in the day is not normal and frankly, not good scumhunting.
Who do you suspect then, Goryani?
Doing so now, just wanted to check something.

Ok I will provide the piece of information that is missing from everyones PM

And that is that “As the biologist and only female of the group you often see yourself dominated by the male scientists”

Worth noting is that Coju provided no information that he couldn’t have got from the thread
First lol.
yes i am very suspicious of coju taking some of the words out, maybe he is a harry trying to hide...

coju please post your full PM.

everyone else should do this too i think.
Second lol.
Does it really matter anymore? I mean coju (or anybody for that matter) could just construct the reply at this point proving basically nothing. Just not sure what the value in this approach is anymore... maybe somebody can enlighten me?
Ex-****ing-acatly. Bingo. There we go. Bells and whistles.
Exactly why I didn't want to post pm and left randy stuff out.
The only thing that concerns me specifically about coju's deletion of items in the PM is there was one word missing from the previous three claimants (Gwaihir, Pyro and ML). That particular word was removed from Cojus "PM". It doesn't prove anything, but his "PM" could easily have been constructed from the thread.
Last sentence. We have another winner there.
I find it interesting also about Coju. I also realized that we have the most Harrys, the one person that nobody had to prove their pm by fixing a word. AkA the easiest to fake.

However, I kinda think that we are all one of the main 4, but I'm not sold yet.

I find the forum squid attack rather ironic :p
Sathoris is the sphere incarnate. Whoah *mindblown*

Sure, I can post my full PM. As stated, if I am faking it, who would know as I could easily construct it from information gathered in the thread.
What is it, LAMIT(?). That, yes that. Here y'all go. PM in it's glorious fullness.

Elizabeth Halpern

You are Beth Halpern. You’re both gentle and caring while at the same time fierce, combative, and confrontational. As the biologist and only female of the group yo lol you should know me better than that. though some of these times only in your head. This leads to you being the most out of touch with your emotions.

Currently you have no abilities other than your gentleness.

So then, I made a rookie mistake by posting my full role PM unaltered and so none of the Normans can be trusted to be legit?

I would say more of just a good idea by Gory. Not sure how many others would have come up with it before posting. This is not a normal situation by any means.

I probably should have quoted a different post of yours...

Also, does this mean that those of us who posted our PMs before Sath stated that he would mod kill any fake PMs that we should repost it? Assuming that he wouldn't retroactively mod-kill that is...

I was commenting that reposting won't make any difference since editing after the warning won't result in a modkill.

As for the rookie mistake comment: Others made that "mistake" and I wouldn't call them rookies. I also wouldn't call them mistakes. Did you think I thought you were making a mistake?

Since my name wasn't bolded like zokars...

Sathoris said:
Elizabeth Halpern

You are Beth Halpern. You’re both gentle and caring while at the same time fierce, combative, and confrontational. As the biologist and only female of the group you often see yourself dominated by the male scientists, though some of these times only in your head. This leads to you being the most out of touch with your emotions.

Currently you have no abilities other than your gentleness.

There. I went and copied the "Quick Reply" to Sathoris part of my Private Message Inbox Folder. Happy?

Also, anyone notice that he didn't use a " ' " but a " ` " or some other character? "You're" is misspelled some how. What was used!? I do not like red squigglies under my words.

I would say more of just a good idea by Gory. Not sure how many others would have come up with it before posting. This is not a normal situation by any means.

I probably should have quoted a different post of yours...

I was commenting that reposting won't make any difference since editing after the warning won't result in a modkill.

As for the rookie mistake comment: Others made that "mistake" and I wouldn't call them rookies. I also wouldn't call them mistakes. Did you think I thought you were making a mistake?

This is what makes me think you two are the same person every game. I am very thankful only one of you has an avatar.

No. It just felt like I had goofed this being my first game and all heh.

I think the only useful bit of the roles would be the very last line "You currently have no abilities".
Sath stated to look at the stories he posts and people who receive night PMs will have to act on them. These night PMs could turn people scum, or maybe just give them powers. It seems obvious though that we are all apart of the main cast.

What COULD be a possibility though, is that if anyone IS mafia, their role PM could have just stated "You currently have no abilities, but you are mafia" or something of the likes. A sentence that could VERY easily be altered when faking a claim that was already posted in full.

IIRC, anyone could have faked the last sentence of their role PM b/c only two casts altered the PM's, but noone did it to the abilities part of the line. I think we need to just move past the role claims and look for general scumminess.

Ex-****ing-acatly. Bingo. There we go. Bells and whistles.
Exactly why I didn't want to post pm and left randy stuff out.

I understand leaving stuff out, but you left out the one word that wasn't at that point of time confirmed in thread. I just find it interesting is all. Anyway I do think this whole PM thing is pretty pointless and we should actually try scum hunting.

Am I the only soul that thinks OMG's kill was weird? He only had one post in the first two days, so I consider that suspectible to a token lurker lynch. In addition, he did not claim a character. The mafia already knew that a Harry was dead, and thus risking losing another Harry. They had to think that at least some of us would consider lynching a Harry just because if there were only 2 or 3 of them left. It just doesnt make sense.

Another random theory: what if there is no mafia, only Sath as the sphere and we Harry's are to band together and win when there is only Harry's left?

Am I the only soul that thinks OMG's kill was weird? He only had one post in the first two days, so I consider that suspectible to a token lurker lynch. In addition, he did not claim a character. The mafia already knew that a Harry was dead, and thus risking losing another Harry. They had to think that at least some of us would consider lynching a Harry just because if there were only 2 or 3 of them left. It just doesnt make sense.

Another random theory: what if there is no mafia, only Sath as the sphere and we Harry's are to band together and win when there is only Harry's left?
Look at the win conditions of the game. Are you purposely going for mis-direction? or just didn't read the rules?
Killing OMG? That is interesting, but he is a strong player, so it's not completely weird.

Wow. Leaking scum Goryani.
When does the town ever only lynch mafia? In every game I've played in there are multiple Townie lynches before a Mafia gets lynched. Sometimes we win with a great cop claim. Sometimes we lose with a bussed result.

[highlight]Doing what I suggested would help confirm/deny the recruitment theory.[/highlight]
By lynching all of a role (albeit Beth, Ted, etc), we would see if one of them are mafia. It may take 3 tries, it may take 1 try. Is it really that hard to grasp?

I'm not saying do this for everybody... *sigh*

How can you differentiate between recruitment and an alternate hypothesis of "one player of each name started the game as mafia" without lynching each and every player with the same first name? How many days will it take to confirm the recruitment theory? Under what situation? How many days will it take to deny the recruitment theory? Under what situation?

Who do you suspect then, Goryani?

The signal to noise ratio is far too low to get a good reads thus far today. I'm left with falling back on the names I mentioned yesterday but if someone new pops up I'll be sure and let you know.

Which Harry do you suspect most? Which Ted?

And I notice your name is not in bold like mine is...

My phone doesn't bold things in my app. I actually never knew any of them were bolded, I don't know if I've viewed this thread on my computer at all, for sure not my role pm though.

That's an interesting theory for sure.

I do agree that the omg kill was odd. Maybe someone mad about last game?

Also, now that my eyes are clearing up (just under went LASIK) I can post a little bit more. As for the speculations about Town/Mafia, Sath posted this IN THE RULES.

Town: You win when once all the mafia are dead
Mafia: You win once you outnumber or equal the town's numbers

There are no win conditions in the initial role PM's. If you don't get a second PM stating that you're mafia you are town. This will be clear once the game is underway.

Can we move on from this now?!

Okay, I think that as a few have said that one of each character is mafia, with maybe some neutrals like potentially Mal. Whether our roles are given at random or the night following your entry (as is the case with me - and maybe the other Harry's).

I only noticed just now, after checking the thread, that I got a pm last night. Didn't mean to be unreliable, just being thrown off by no internet other than phone. Okay, here it is.

----

You always knew you would be the first to unlock the sphere’s secrets. You’re by far the smartest guy in the group. Norman is only here to analyse us smarter people. Beth thinks muscle is power; she won’t know how to handle real power. Ted is just a small child, too naïve. Nonetheless this power could make any of them rival me as long as we can’t control it. They have to be stopped; this power can never leave this place.

---

Will be back with the rest (stupid phone)

Ugh, phone messed up when trying to post. Here it is again.

---

Tonight and tonight only you can target one person and make sure that none of their manifestations will come out that night.

I feel safe posting this because given how this game is different enough already, I don't know if I always get this blocker or role or at random.

Can the other Harrys say whether they got the same or even a different ability? I think this is the town's best method of finding scum. Finding the liars.

Okay, I think that as a few have said that one of each character is mafia, with maybe some neutrals like potentially Mal. Whether our roles are given at random or the night following your entry (as is the case with me - and maybe the other Harry's).

I only noticed just now, after checking the thread, that I got a pm last night. Didn't mean to be unreliable, just being thrown off by no internet other than phone. Okay, here it is.

----

You always knew you would be the first to unlock the sphere?s secrets. You?re by far the smartest guy in the group. Norman is only here to analyse us smarter people. Beth thinks muscle is power; she won?t know how to handle real power. Ted is just a small child, too naïve. Nonetheless this power could make any of them rival me as long as we can?t control it. They have to be stopped; this power can never leave this place.

---

Will be back with the rest (stupid phone)

Ugh, phone messed up when trying to post. Here it is again.

---

Tonight and tonight only you can target one person and make sure that none of their manifestations will come out that night.

I feel safe posting this because given how this game is different enough already, I don't know if I always get this blocker or role or at random.

Can the other Harrys say whether they got the same or even a different ability? I think this is the town's best method of finding scum. Finding the liars.

Lol! Did you just post your mafia roll pm?

vote:pharphis

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High