Mafia game thread

I think the post where I said that I believed Mals role claim got deleted as well. He had the "good will" in there in the end, so I believe him. If he's a good or bad Ted I don't now. He claimed before the recruiting anyway. Any of us Teds could be bad now. And we still need to hear who the 5th Ted is if there is any.

Minus one Harry and one Norman.

If we're still thinking that whoever goes into the sphere turns mafia, I propose that we lynch either all the Harry's or all the Norman's; since there is -1 of them compared to the Beth's and Ted's.

BTW, I am Beth as well.

@SATH: When do the time do the days and nights start/end?

Actually I am also beth. I missed all the claims as I went to bed and by the time I woke up day was over.

I was busy at work andcouldnt make it at days end. I am also a Harry, will post mu pm when I get to a computer.

I agree with the notion that one of each title role is mafia. What I am not sure of is do they get told they are mafia when they enter the sphere, or do they acquire their power when they enter the sphere. Either way, we have a statistical lead oj the Harry's, and by far Laarz has been the most suspect.

This is true, but if Harry enters the sphere again? You agree that Harry and Ted are the candidates that should be pursued Today?

Then there is the fact that as of this moment there are two Harrys, though with several people still to claim (and some may have faked their claims to avoid being Harry), the odds are on the Towns side to prove or disprove the Sphere theory.

Do you have any suggestions?

First of all, I'm not convinced that entering the sphere is recruitment. That's a conclusion I haven't yet jumped to. I don't entirely understand how that idea is treated as gospel by some.

Even if I were convinced of the recruitment theory, I still wouldn't focus exclusively on a Harry or Ted. That idea will allow mafia to COMPLETELY blend in with the town. Lurk to victory. That idea will also lessen the amount of scumhunting directed toward the mafia over the course of the game.

I suggest we play like other mafia games and scumhunt normally. I think that eliminating from lynch consideration approximately half the players with ~46 hours left in the day is not normal and frankly, not good scumhunting.

Would you like to post your PM?

Doing so now, just wanted to check something.

Elizabeth Halpern

You are Beth Halpern. You’re both gentle and caring while at the same time fierce, combative, and confrontational. As the biochemist and only female of the group you often see yourself intimidated by the male scientists, though some of these times only in your head. This leads to you being the most out of touch with your emotions.

Currently you have no abilities other than your gentleness.

I am also one of the main four, Elizabeth, you changed the word to intimidated from something else. Just incase there is another Beth I will not say what this word was originally so that possibly someone else can be confirmed.

Elizabeth Halpern

You are Beth Halpern. You’re both gentle and caring while at the same time fierce, combative, and confrontational. As the biologist and only female of the group you often see yourself **** by the male scientists, though some of these times only in your head. This leads to you being the most out of touch with your emotions.

Currently you have no abilities other than your gentleness.

Elizabeth Halpern

You are Beth ...caring while at the same time fierce, combative, and confrontational. As the biologist and only female of the group you often see ...the male scientists, ...times only in your head. This leads to you being...with your emotions.

Currently ... your gentle....

Ok I will provide the piece of information that is missing from everyones PM

And that is that “As the biologist and only female of the group you often see yourself dominated by the male scientists”

Worth noting is that Coju provided no information that he couldn’t have got from the thread

yes i am very suspicious of coju taking some of the words out, maybe he is a harry trying to hide...

coju please post your full PM.

everyone else should do this too i think.

yes i am very suspicious of coju taking some of the words out, maybe he is a harry trying to hide...

coju please post your full PM.

everyone else should do this too i think.

Does it really matter anymore? I mean coju (or anybody for that matter) could just construct the reply at this point proving basically nothing. Just not sure what the value in this approach is anymore... maybe somebody can enlighten me?

Does it really matter anymore? I mean coju (or anybody for that matter) could just construct the reply at this point proving basically nothing. Just not sure what the value in this approach is anymore... maybe somebody can enlighten me?

The only thing that concerns me specifically about coju's deletion of items in the PM is there was one word missing from the previous three claimants (Gwaihir, Pyro and ML). That particular word was removed from Cojus "PM". It doesn't prove anything, but his "PM" could easily have been constructed from the thread.

sath said he would mod-kill anyone faking a PM so yeah it does matter

So, is the hope that he posts something other than one of the four characters? If he posts as a main character (which I assume he will) then what does that say? That he's just like everybody else and we have no clue if he's good or bad? IDK, I guess it's worth verification I guess... but just saying it doesn't seem like we're getting much of anything out of this approach. *shrugs*

sath said he would mod-kill anyone faking a PM so yeah it does matter

Wrong again. He said he would mod kill anyone faking a conversation. Editing your role PM is fine

Quick helping hand. Yes you may post anything I told you via a PM. Although I'm editing that rule to not fake any conversation we had. You may edit your role PM to whatever you want, but if you change my words from a conversation you had you will be modkilled.

I find it interesting also about Coju. I also realized that we have the most Harrys, the one person that nobody had to prove their pm by fixing a word. AkA the easiest to fake.

However, I kinda think that we are all one of the main 4, but I'm not sold yet.

I find the forum squid attack rather ironic :p

Also, does this mean that those of us who posted our PMs before Sath stated that he would mod kill any fake PMs that we should repost it? Assuming that he wouldn't retroactively mod-kill that is...

For whatever it's worth:
Sathoris said:
Norman Johnson.

You are Norman Johnson. You’ve been called on this mission as a psychologist to keep an eye on the rest of the team. The other scientists don’t share your concern that having a psychologist in a deep underwater habitat is important. You are arguably the most level-headed of the group, though even you exhibit moments of irrationality.

Currently you have no abilities other than your calmness.

That said, I have a feeling none of this will end up mattering. I think if there was a mafia Ted, they would receive the same PM as the non-mafia Teds.

My bet was this, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Random bits of information deleted.
Only for you, Gwaihir.

Thanks! Except you left out the one word I was looking for. Jcakes covered that one below.

The post count looks correct to me, I went and reviewed the previous posts and the content looks the same. I think you are lying.

Seems this got covered, but the squid definitely ate a page or two.

As for Malevolent, I don't buy the whole not reading of PMs. In a game with proper stories and character backgrounds, that's one piece of information one cannot pass by.

Right now, I have two theories on how the game might work:
1. Sathoris is playing the role of the Sphere and is randomly choosing people each night to become mafia.
2. All players received, randomly, a name from the list of 4 and then a number of them received the anti town status. The lack of a kill on night one might have been the result of a doctor save (the comment about the meds I made yesterday) or some other reason which could include recruitment, since it has been brought up several times by now.

I agree - you only have one piece of info you know to be true in a game, why would you not read it carefully? I think theory 2 is most likely, with 1 being possible (although both could be if 1 is not a recruitment effect). For a number 3 I have thought of, but as less likely, sphere is a player and can target people, and if that is the case, probably is anti-town.

Oh for *whatever's* sake. There was a database error, multiple post got deleted including mine (that's what we call a squid attack over at the SPF). Other people saw it. Send a PM to the staff to get it confirmed? Just don't **** me with such ****.

(Sorry, a bit angry right now. Will cool down soon enough.)

:( I would say take a swim to cool off, but there is a GIANT SQUID OUT THERE.

Ok I will provide the piece of information that is missing from everyones PM

And that is that “As the biologist and only female of the group you often see yourself dominated by the male scientistsâ€

Worth noting is that Coju provided no information that he couldn’t have got from the thread

Is that the word you have coju?

Quick helping hand. Yes you may post anything I told you via a PM. Although I'm editing that rule to not fake any conversation we had. You may edit your role PM to whatever you want, but if you change my words from a conversation you had you will be modkilled. No one has done that so far, but I can see that becoming a problem in the future if people do.

So, we can edit our role PM to whatever we want.

Sathoris said:
Norman Johnson.

You are Norman Johnson. You?ve been called on this mission as a psychologist to keep an eye on the rest of the team. The other scientists don?t share your concern that having a psychologist in a deep underwater habitat is important. You are arguably the most level-headed of the group, though even you exhibit moments of irrationality.

Currently you have no abilities other than your calmness.

Also I noticed that coju's pm didn't have sath as being quoted. Not that that means anything for sure, depends on how you quite it I guess.

This is true, but if Harry enters the sphere again? You agree that Harry and Ted are the candidates that should be pursued Today?

Then there is the fact that as of this moment there are two Harrys, though with several people still to claim (and some may have faked their claims to avoid being Harry), the odds are on the Towns side to prove or disprove the Sphere theory.

Do you have any suggestions?

How many days are you willing to spend lynching Harry's if they keep coming up town? It is a piece of information we can use, but why ignore other info?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High