1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

At clvl 8, getting an mpk ring is super common. Getting mpk + fcr is about 1/200 tries. As higher clvls (which pretty much no one does) getting the mpk ring is less common, but opens up possibilities for nice rares. "possibility" being 1/large number. I may also be able to supply a few cheap items that I have no use for, but I won't be playing mp with you guys.

So far up to nightmare LK (and got durance wp) my zon has had only one or two nde. Normal Duriel, and something else, but not baal. I stay far back and shoot with cb/high poison. I will probably moat meph :p

Something I was wondering that is not really covered too in depth in the guides are other crafting recipes that might stack. The cold resist ring for the mpk, and the blood recipes for stacked leach are documented. Are there any other recipes that can cause stacking of stats. If I do the chip emerald+antidote potion what can I if anything get on that or does that one not stack? Or like caster crafts can you do a caster amulet and get stacked FCR? or a safety craft and get stacked damage reduction? Probably requires too many runes to test effectively. If someone hasn't done so already. I know I have almost no runes to even attempt crafting stuff yet.

Last edited:

you can stack prismatic (have a look at someone's (forget who) prismatic saracen's or atma's scarab for an example, iirc).

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?804500-WoRG-s-1-07-Crafting-miniguide-v1-0

If you are asking if there are any other bugged cube recipes.. no not really.

Additionally, I don't know of anyone who has successfully cubed a saracens or atma's, the thing in the guide about prismatic atma's scarab was just that saracen's chance spawns with @ and also spawns with ctc amp on striking. Check the wiki 1.08 stats http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Unique_Amulets

If you do know of someone who has cube rolled one of those, I'd love to see it.

I could have sworn someone did :/
I'm probably just mixing it up, then.

Purplelocust did I think. Omg cubed Cat's Eye. It's possible but needs infinite rerolls.

^do you know what recipe or what extra mods they got? the cat's eye sounds familiar as well. . .

It was indeed purplelocust who had the prismatic Saracen's...unique jewelery can spawn from the res ring/prismatic ammy formulae (1/1000 chance).

As for stacking...well, the resistances can stack (get a cold res affix AND the cold res automod, for example), so you can get rings with up to +66 to a single resist, and ammys with up to +76 to a single resist (or up to 118PR, as the prismatic ammys spawn 6-36PR TWICE!) Amulets can only get +25 chromatic, but it will stack with the 6-36 roll on each resist (x2 for PR, remember). Safety armor can get 'of Amicae' (up to 15PDR) and it will stack with the automod PDR (up to 15PDR as well on a greater craft, which is how you get armors with 20+PDR). Note that stacking like this is NOT limited to 1.07...the 15+FCR caster amulets that everyone craves are a result of stacking automod FCR with the 10FCR from the Apprentice affix.

I haven't crafted that many hitpower items, but I have to wonder what happens when you get the 'of Frost Shield' affix (ctc Frost Nova) on one...

Purplelocust: blues and 1.07 crafts CAN get indestructable as a mod...rares CANNOT

WoRG

It was indeed purplelocust who had the prismatic Saracen's...unique jewelery can spawn from the res ring/prismatic ammy formulae (1/1000 chance).

As for stacking...well, the resistances can stack (get a cold res affix AND the cold res automod, for example), so you can get rings with up to +66 to a single resist, and ammys with up to +76 to a single resist (or up to 118PR, as the prismatic ammys spawn 6-36PR TWICE!) Amulets can only get +25 chromatic, but it will stack with the 6-36 roll on each resist (x2 for PR, remember). Safety armor can get 'of Amicae' (up to 15PDR) and it will stack with the automod PDR (up to 15PDR as well on a greater craft, which is how you get armors with 20+PDR). Note that stacking like this is NOT limited to 1.07...the 15+FCR caster amulets that everyone craves are a result of stacking automod FCR with the 10FCR from the Apprentice affix.

I haven't crafted that many hitpower items, but I have to wonder what happens when you get the 'of Frost Shield' affix (ctc Frost Nova) on one...

Purplelocust: blues and 1.07 crafts CAN get indestructable as a mod...rares CANNOT

WoRG

I just don't understand why they ever made a version beyond the broken original one :p

Here's the readout from the prismatic Sacaren's I got from the prismatic amulet cube recipe:

Code:
Saracen's Chance
Amulet
Required Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0x743d2430
Item Level: 62
Version: Expansion
Properties: 
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +37%
Lightning Resist +50%
Cold Resist +26%
Poison Resist +71%
3% Chance to cast level 5 Amplify Damage on striking
2% Chance to cast level 5 Iron Maiden when struck

Here's a Crescent Moon:

Code:
Crescent Moon
Amulet
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x77e18de3
Item Level: 62
Version: Expansion
15% Mana stolen per hit
+45 to Mana
Cold Resist +6%
All Resistances +13
Lightning Resist +4%
Poison Resist +19%
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
-2 to Light Radius

My understanding is that the prismatic cube recipe gives the resistances to each element rolls in addition to the intrinsic amulet properties. The intrinsic amulet is usually magic, but it is also sometimes a rare, set or unique. I have a pretty good collection of various nice prismatic blue +skill amulets, some good rares, sets and several uniques, including that Saracen's and Crescent Moon.

@WoRG: great, thanks for the confirmation!

I was more curious about bugged stacking recipes. I mean obviously some stats stack like they normally should. I want to know all the broken ones though. :crazyeyes:

Is there the spiked club+ skull + shield recipe in 1.07? Or the savage polearm recipe?

One nOOb, the recipes you asked about exist in 1.07...sort of.
Code:
1 magic small shield + 1 spiked club + 2 skulls -> small shield of spikes
Quality = Magic
Ilvl = [Clvl * .66] (truncate)
Attacker takes dmg of (1-9)
Socketed (1)
Notes: Any quality Spiked Club and any quality skull may be used

1 diamond + 1 kriss + 1 staff + 1 belt -> savage bardiche
Quality = Magic
(76-96)% Enhanced Damage
Notes: Any quality Diamond, any quality Kris, any type and quality Staff, and any type and quality Belt.
So the shield recipe requires and produces a blue small sheild (no pally shields, necro heads, or other types of sheilds)...note that unlike modern patches, the ATD is a "hidden mod", so you CAN get a prefix and a suffix on the resulting shield (and if it happens to get an ATD suffix, it will stack...yay), and it also gets a free socket.

Likewise, the 'polearm' recipe produces a bardiche...not any of the other polearm types that the modern recipe can produce. Again, the Savage mod is a "hidden mod", so it can get other prefixes as well, and if it rolls a +ED% prefix, it will stack with the automod +ED%. So I guess you can roll the most awesome (non-eth) blue BARDICHE you'll ever see...but its still a bardiche, and therefore sucks...

BTW, there are a couple other weapon recipes:
Code:
"3 chipped gems + 1 sword ->  magic, socketable long sword"
Quality = Magic
Ilvl = [Clvl * .75] (truncate)
Properties:
Socketed (3)
Notes: While any kind of Sword may be used, always results in a Long Sword

4 health potion + 1 ruby + 1 magic sword -> long sword of the leech
Quality = Magic
(1-9)% Life leech
Socketed (1)
Notes: Any quality Ruby and any quality Health Potion may be used
Both of these produce Long Swords, so the usefulness is quite limited, but again, all mods listed would be "hidden mods" that will not prevent getting a prefix/suffix roll...note that either of these could spawn a socket affix, but in 1.07, no cubed items get sockets from affixes (the affix spawns and is listed, but no sockets are produced by them)...they WILL get the listed automod sockets, though.

WoRG

I read the guide but I'm not sure if I understood it.

What items can't be racked in Hell LK? Just unique Thunder M and any Sacred A?

The area levels of some of the most popular "racked" areas: (Normal / NM / Hell)

Countess' tower : 7 - 40 - 73
The Stony Tomb : 12 - 45 - 78
Tal Rasha's false tombs : 17 - 50 - 83
Lower Kurast : 22 - 55 - 88
Durance of Hate Lvl 2-3 : 25 - 58 - 91
The frozen caves : 29 - 62 - 95
Nihlathak's temple Level 1 : 33 - 66 - 99
Nihlathak's temple Level 2 : 34 - 67 - 100
Nihlathak's temple Level 3 : 36 - 69 - 102

Now the list of the rarity and qlvl of the "more interesting" item types :

Armory (qlvl [qlvl of the unique] / rarity)
(sets have very low qlvl compared to their item type, that's why your can't see their stats here)

Defender: 34 [36] / 1
Demonhide Sash: 36 [37] / 1
Gilded Shield: 40 [50] / 4
Slayer Guard: 43 [50] / 5
Russet Armor: 49 [50] / 1
Pavise : 50 [52] / 2
Winged Helm: 51 [52] / 2
War Gauntlets: 54 [55] / 3
Grim Helm: 50 [49] / 4
Diadem: 60 / 4
Shako: 65 [69] / 1
Bramble Mitts: 67 / 1
Vortex Shield: 67 / 5
Balrog Skin: 77 [85] / 1
Aegis: 78 [77] / 2
Corona: 81 / 2
Lacquered Plate: 84 / 3
Sacred Armor: 88 / 4

Weaponry

Bone Knife: 58 [69] / 1
Elegant Blade: 61 [66] / 1
Devil Star: 64 [70] / 1
Decapitator: 67 [71] / 1
Caduceus: 69 / 4
Mythical Sword: 72 / 1
Thunder Maul: 75 [91] / 1
Colossus Blade: 76 [85] / 4

Nulio, in fact, I have an eth +43@ ...but if you're thinking exile, note that the base Defense is crap in 1.07, a bit more than half what it should be...you'd do much better with one racked from 1.08+

Getting back at this, best/fastest way to get eth 45@ vortex shield in racking in 1.08? Can racks drop it in 1.09+?

Thanks for clarifying Worg. All of those recipes are kind of disappointing though. I was hoping to get some style point set/unique shields with ATD mod. I would have totally racked an aegis and rerolled it until I had the coolest Storm Shield on the planet. (I was assuming that these recipes can spawn on rare occasions rare/set/unique like the ring and amulet ones.)

What items can't be racked in Hell LK? Just unique Thunder M and any Sacred A?
I think this is correct.

Getting back at this, best/fastest way to get eth 45@ vortex shield in racking in 1.08? Can racks drop it in 1.09+?
Hell LK would be my choice...its still area lvl 88 in 1.08, so racked items are ilvl87, thus a vortex sheild can drop, even though it gets its 'proper' qlvl of 85 (1.07 vortex sheild is only qlvl67). 1.09 racks CANNOT drop a vortex sheild, as they are limited to ilvl75...I think you can get a vortex sheild rack in a modern patch, but as you are probably aware, racks are much less stable in modern patches. It's worth noting that 1.08 ethereal items are just like 1.07 ones...so if you ebug it by cube socketing in a modern patch, it gets max base defense +1, +50%EDef, *1.5 (a modern eth, ebugged by cube socketing, would get random base defense *2.25...higher possible defense, but because base def is random, it could also be lower...)

Thanks for clarifying Worg. All of those recipes are kind of disappointing though.
I just don't understand why they ever made a version beyond the broken original one :p
Such is the way of 1.07...some items/recipies are much better, but many are much worse, and others simply don't exist yet...For everything that is better in 1.07 (charms, for example), there are other things that just suck (jewels...don't even get me started...)

WoRG

Jewels are just sad.

Code:
Prefix 873 (Ruby) Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x79c84610
+21% Enhanced Damage
15% Increased Attack Speed

This is probably best example I have. Useless even for 1.07 standards but not quite crafting jewel..

Thanks WoRG :)

Yeah frozzzen... tell me about it:

Prefix 873 Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x3de8a78f
+22% Enhanced Damage
15% Increased Attack Speed

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium