1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Thanks! If i find any real runes i think i'll forward it for 1.10s RW's, but for this i think i'll just take the chance and craft away.

And maybe a dumb question, but how do i forward an item. Can i just take it in ATMA from the .07 char and put it in/on a .13 stash/char, or should i create a char in .07 and load that with .13 to upgrade?

You need to put the item in a 1.07 character then open it with D2 in the version you want to use.

That will convert the character and all items. After that you can move it with ATMA/GoMule (if it applies).

I Finally made it to hell HC without either ancients or baal killing me in nightmare. Time to find a rack and start running. :p

I have no idea how a melee character would be playable in this version.

Wow! I've been putting this off and just killed normal ancients with my zon last night. My main concern is going to be nightmare duriel, but if I can successfully run in circles it shouldn't be such a problem. What guy are you using? Sorc/zon/?

Also I agree, no way a melee would ever make it through. The only thing you could do is get a bow with super massive poison damage and... not be melee :D

Racks in LK are nice because you can then also hit super chests and get nice charms and occasional rune. Vex, Gul, and Lo can all drop at LK superchests on p1.

Would you believe me if I say my barb can oneshot Hell Baal? Just get gear for big bad barb and he will be better then any character in long run :)

Can't serve as first char but is best endgame in 1.07.

What kind of equipment do you use on your barb?

Wow! I've been putting this off and just killed normal ancients with my zon last night. My main concern is going to be nightmare duriel, but if I can successfully run in circles it shouldn't be such a problem. What guy are you using? Sorc/zon/?

Also I agree, no way a melee would ever make it through. The only thing you could do is get a bow with super massive poison damage and... not be melee :D

Racks in LK are nice because you can then also hit super chests and get nice charms and occasional rune. Vex, Gul, and Lo can all drop at LK superchests on p1.
I am using a sorc. FO as main attack with static field and firewall.

One shotting baal is great. Until he one shots you first. And yes frozzzen, I was considering getting first guy through, like we discussed the other day. No way at all could it be a melee. Once you have 15k life and 300frw and 50% life steal, ok fine barb is safe.

Edit: and all things considered, I wouldn't be really surprised if with good enough gear a zon could one shot hell baal as well. From a distance.

BK set is where dmg comes from. And maxdmg charms. And with Arkaine's Valor you get 5k life so you are safe from his oneshot. I'ts not oneshot, but one WW. But he dies anyway. But yeah, no first char by any means...
EDIT:

Just tried and it's 2 WWs not one :( But I had only 35% CB. Just load ~100% CB (BK set Guil's face and Goblin toes) and he should fall in one WW pass.

Some stuff from last weeks:

Larzuk fail:

Prefix 1262 Griffon Headdress
Defense: 47
Durability: 20 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 24
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x35b8f7dd
+3 to Rabies (Druid Only)
+3 to Tornado (Druid Only)
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
Socketed (1: 0 used)

Nice council surprise:

Valkyrie Wing
Winged Helm
Defense: 130
Durability: 35 of 40
Required Strength: 115
Required Level: 44
Unidentified
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x1300840d
+35 Defense
30% Increased Attack Speed
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate

A very nice rune:

Lo Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Helms: +3% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Armor: +3% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +3% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Required Level: 59

Some charms:

Code:
Prefix 996 Large Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x5612a81e
+11 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +11

Prefix 1059 Large Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x55a6c609
Lightning Resist +24%
5% Faster Run/Walk

Prefix 837 Large Charm of Balance
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x2d8e0d29
+6 to Minimum Damage
8% Faster Hit Recovery

Prefix 837 Large Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x38c49245
+7 to Minimum Damage
5% Faster Run/Walk

Prefix 854 Large Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x517670bb
+22 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 854 Large Charm of Vita
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x1ff0c976
+34 to Life
+11 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 834 Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x1c606aaa
+39 to Life
+11 to Minimum Damage

Prefix 1130 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x3ea8bf00
+25 to Life
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills 

Prefix 1055 Grand Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x5a219ffb
+20 to Maximum Damage
Lightning Resist +36%

Prefix 847 Grand Charm of Quality
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x2d1dd4cc
+26 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 848 Grand Charm of Quality
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x61b42e90
+28 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xa175be9
+39 to Maximum Damage

The last just dropped! Soooo happy!

One shotting baal is great. Until he one shots you first. And yes frozzzen, I was considering getting first guy through, like we discussed the other day. No way at all could it be a melee. Once you have 15k life and 300frw and 50% life steal, ok fine barb is safe.

Edit: and all things considered, I wouldn't be really surprised if with good enough gear a zon could one shot hell baal as well. From a distance.

This had me thinking does that really old thing with guided arrow work in 1.07 where you can get like 5 hits on 1 target with pierce? Buriza with some cb and a few guided arrows can probably drop him fairly fast, and you won't have to be anywhere near him.

Buriza is going to be lame in 1.07 "Buriza-Do Kynanon: +1% Chance of Hit Piercing Target, +35 Dexterity, +75 Defense, +2.5 Max damage per Clvl, 50% Increased Attack Speed, +120% Enhanced Damage" from 1.08 stats on the wiki. 1.09 has the 100% pierce on it. With that said, high cb and *any* bow would take down any boss very quickly from a distance using GA.

I am starting to finally get some decent MF. I am up to 213 MF 3 ptopaz crown and 2 P topaz armor. I have never found a 4 socket armor yet and I am out of P topazes, so eventually I can add another 48% that way. 13% ring and 10% on amulet. I thought I read that 1.07 doesn't have the green partial set bonuses on items, I either read it wrong or got some bad info. I am using 3 pieces of sigons for 50% MF on boots. Hopefully I can start getting better more useful items now.

I wasn't finding anything but magic items for the longest time. All through normal and nightmare I only found 4 set items and 1 unique. Once I started adding more and more MF it kind of snowballed into where if I kill NM Meph now I will get 3 or 4 set items. Before I would get 4 or 5 magic items or even potions on occasion.

Not sue if it has been mentioed anywhere if so I missed it, what is the best way to level in 1.07? I am in hell and only lv 59, or is this kind of thing the norm for this version?

Last edited:

1.07 leveling is a pain and you aren't alone in having difficulty. I found cows to generally be pretty good for leveling, and I like cows anyway. Also a possibility is self-MPing to up the player count the old-fashioned way, but that takes some time and definitely isn't worth it for short runs.

Pindle and everything in his area is great, as well as cows (I used these to get to about 85 with a zealot iirc). I don't think it's uncommon at all to finish the game before level 70.

Thinking about creating a character in 1.07 for all the Leet items, I see in the first few posts there is a guide, could someone post a new link to it? They don't seem to work anymore.

Thinking about creating a character in 1.07 for all the Leet items, I see in the first few posts there is a guide, could someone post a new link to it? They don't seem to work anymore.

Our next MP group should be 1.07 ;)

I foresee many deaths in our group if we do that. If damage scales with players like it does in later versions someone is going to eat mephs ice ball of doom and die, He can nearly 1 hit me with it on NM. plus you have baals mana burn o' fury. I have also been told duriel can 1 hit with charge in another thread.

It could definitely be fun though. I might be able to supply the group with some cheapo starter gear if I manage to add some more MF and get through a bit more of hell.

Side note, I thought MPK rings would be rare or something. Cubing them at lv 7 and some more at level 8 I was getting a 20+ about every 10 tries. I have 4 of them now!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High