1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Pindle seems the fastest to kill or are his drops bad in .07?

Never mind looked at TC's in Atma. Pindle only has highest TC39 that is disapointing. Would seem Hephasto or baal minion running would be the best places to go for TC66. A map with Hephasto close to the City of the damned or river of flame WP could be very possible. Harlequin crest stats looks very sexy in 1.07, if the info I found is right anyways.

Pindle should drop to TC66, the normal-bug is only for act bosses.

If you really want items up to TC66 from monsters you're better off running cows for whites, Travincal for blue+, Blood Raven or Trav for sets with 374mf (BR get 5 picks, council members 4). For uniques the act bosses can't drop, just get a rack. Do note that TC's go up to 87 (well Sacred Armor is qlvl88 so technically TC90).

Also don't expect to see a lot of uniques from monsters other than act bosses.

There is a part in the 1.07 guide that says you can imbue a crafted item. I tried this, figuring I was going to get some OP early game item, well it is true that you can imbue a crafted item, but it keeps none of the stats that it had, it just gets all new affixes and becomes a rare. Tthat section is very misleading.

^It does say above that Q&A that it doesn't keep the stats of the base item, so i'm not sure why it says the crafted part at all.

I was theorizing different craft items last night. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if this is possible.

1st) I need to acquire an Unearthed Wand. No monsters can drop it, I don't think it can't be gambled either. This leaves racking as the only option, Is it possible to rack one? If it is not, might as well stop reading here because the rest of my post is based on the hope that it is able to be racked.

2) With the racked unearthed wand, it needs to become rare. Either a rare from the rack or give it to charsi.

3) hit it with the 6 P skull cube recipe a few times with a clvl 1 char with a muled cube to reduce it's ilvl to 11 or lower

4) use a weapon craft recipe on it with a character that will be able to maintain the ilvl of 11 or less. With the wands qlvl it should be able to get the +3 summoning skills affix. As well as staffmods such as 3 SM and 3 RS due to having low ilvl. Or for a true fishy wand I may try to get +3 SM +3 RS +3 CE with +2 Necro skills (this variant would be obtainable by the 6 Pskull reroll)

Seems like a lot of work, but would make for some very unique wands. That is if racking one is possible anyways.

1) Wands are classified as 'non-metallic' items and so don't drop from weapon racks...and you are correct that it won't drop from mobs. However, you should be able to gamble one....or, MUCH easier, shop one from Jamella or Malah in Hell.

2-4) No need to do wacky rerolling to set a low ilvl...1.07 ONLY counts [0.66*clvl] for crafting, the ilvl of the base is irrelevant. As such, if you craft with a level 17/18 character, you'll get an ilvl 11 item. Note that you can also get tier 1 staffmods on an item up to ilvl 24.

You are correct that the qlvl of an Unearthed Wand(72) is high enough to get +3 skilltab or +2 necro skills, but it might take a LOT of attempts to get all the staffmods/affixes you're looking for (on one item, in any case) :wink:

WoRG

I had no idea you could buy elite items from merchants. That will definitely make things faster.

I used current numbers for figuring Ilvl, forgot that .07 has a different formula. I figure getting to ilvl 11 would increase the odds of staff mods being Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery. That way if it is a -1 or -2 roll it will still be the same tier as a no change roll.(right?) Though I am going off of current item generation info as well so if it is different in .07 let me know.

Thanks for the corrections, suggestions. I figure it will not be an easy item to get, but should be a nice item if I ever do manage to get one. +6 SM and RS wand would be huge style points. I also have a similar method I am going to try in .13 to get a +5 SM RS rare head.

Not all elite items are sold by merchants...the lower-end elites are usually unavailable (for example, you can buy Hellforge Plate, but not Great Hauberks; Ogre Gauntlets, but not Vampirebone Gloves; Myrmidon Greaves, but not Wyrmhide Boots). Note that none of the vendors in Act 1 upgrade their items in Hell. Also note that an item will not be upgraded unless your clvl+5 ? qlvl.

1.07 is different in some respects regarding item generation, but as far as I know the 'rules' for staffmods are roughly equivalent...I do know that the staffmod bonus on imbues was added in a later patch.

If I may suggest, consider the following: 1) a Succubus Skull is qlvl 66 (TC66) in 1.07, so can drop from mobs (I see one every 2-3 cow runs in hell), but is qlvl 81 in later patches, so can get +2 necro/+3 Summoning there. 2) in 1.07, the 3pgem blue reroll formula floors the ilvl to 1. 3) the 3pgem blue reroll formula in modern patches uses the ilvl of the input item. So if you find a blue Succubus Skull in 1.07, reroll it once there, and then forward it, you have a base you can reroll for 3 pgems a pop instead of 6 pskulls, and it will be able to get +3 Summoning (and also blue-only suffixes like Amicae/Negation/Colossus) AND the staffmods you're looking for (and if you show it to Larzuk, it just might get 2 sockets instead of the 1 a rare would). Just saying....

WoRG

Last edited:

That is something I never thought of, mostly because I didn't know all the side effects of .07 cube recipes. It is something I am definitely going to try though. :thumbsup:

I've started to pick barb helms also but I noticed that Jawbone Caps and Fanged Helms (and exceptional and elite versions) often crash ATMA.

Picking money helps clearing the screen to look for charms and runes. Is 1.07 good for gambling something?

Thats odd...I grab barb helms all the time and stash the good ones, and have never had a problem...many, many such helms stashed w/o any issues. Do the problem helms have any mods in common that might be causing the issue?

#1 use for gold in 1.07 is to rez the merc (they die frequently, even with good gear...not being able to shift-click to feed them a potion contributes mightily to this...)

Gambling is a bit limited in 1.07...no set/uniques, and the usual target of rare ammys is not good as +2 skills is blue-only in 1.07. You can gamble for circlets, looking for a good blues to forward and socket (don't socket circlets in 1.07, they'll only get 1)...mlvl on circlets is higher in 1.07 and circlets are cheaper to gamble there than in later patches. You can also gamble looking for elite bases to craft on, but note that elite belts cannot be gambled (until 1.10+, actually).

I often use gold to shop... for elites, for good affix armors that can get four sockets from Larzuk, and for staffmod items...note that a good one will cost a LOT in 1.07, so its good to save up a big wad of cash before shopping (prices for staffmods were adjusted down quite a bit in 1.08+)

Also, from a rack in Durance 2, just 2 'ports from the waypoint:
Code:
Valkyrie Wing
Winged Helm
Defense: 125
Durability: 39 of 40
Required Strength: 115
Required Level: 44
Unidentified
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x24172079
+35 Defense
30% Increased Attack Speed
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate
From the weapon rack in Durance 3:
Code:
Crainte Vomir
Espandon
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 71
Two-Hand Damage: 49 to 110
Durability: 34 of 44
Required Dexterity: 61
Required Strength: 73
Required Level: 42
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x7d9f0f82
+175% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 10%
50% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Run/Walk
-70 to Monster Defense Per Hit
Slows Target by 35%
From a rack in the Halls of Anguish
Code:
Vortex Shield
Defense: 116
Chance to Block:  50%
Durability: 54 of 60
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 148
Required Level: 59
Item Level: 98
Fingerprint: 0xe82e9bfa
All Resistances +45

Griswold's Honor
Vortex Shield
Defense: 220
Chance to Block:  50%
Durability: 49 of 60
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 148
Required Level: 68
Unidentified
Item Level: 98
Fingerprint: 0x6ba629a1
+108 Defense
All Resistances +42
65% Faster Block Rate
Socketed (3: 0 used)
Finally, from a hell cow boss
The poison absorb would be cool, but isn't listed in-game and doesn't seem to have any effect...other than that, this item SUCKS compared to the later versions...
Code:
Lidless Wall
Grim Shield
Defense: 271
Chance to Block:  39%
Durability: 35 of 70
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 41
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x3f8580b3
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+80% Enhanced Defense
+4 to Light Radius
50% Faster Block Rate
+0 to Poison Absorb (0.5 per Character Level)
WoRG

Last edited:

WoRG, how is your supply of +2 Barb skill barbhelms with super sweet staffmods? :) One of those with a combo of like +3Berserk/BO/FI/Mastery/WW/etc is pretty much my d2 wet dream item (with 3os of course).

Thanks WoRG :)

Yeah and forwarding Lidless Wall the poison sorb mod dissapears or something. I remember I tried months ago.

Do you happen to have a spare eth +45 vortex shield? :p

I tried checking if there was a common mod in those barb helms but I didn't noticed any pattern. It happened with both blue and yellow ones and only with that base types. But not every time since I have some in my stashes. Maybe I'll ID and screenshot every one that has this effect in order to try figuring it out.

Just curious, what kind of HR would you use in 1.07 and not forward for beta RWs? I'm always with doubts about what runes I should leave in 1.07 since players could use them there.

Hmm, in my previous post I probably should have noted that you can shop Elzix for Druid Pelts in 1.07...damn shame there's no place to shop barb helms, which is one reason I always check them (and Lion Helms drop a LOT)...I'm less compulsive about druid hats.

Fabian, I have several I'm sitting on, waiting to get the fortitude up to socket them (the last batch went HORRRIBLY)...my current favorite is +2 barb/+77 life/+3WW/+2Frenzy/+2BO (I'm absolutely convinced Larzuk will screw that one up...), but I'm always looking for more :)

Nulio, in fact, I have an eth +43@ ...but if you're thinking exile, note that the base Defense is crap in 1.07, a bit more than half what it should be...you'd do much better with one racked from 1.08+

Honestly, even though they're both used in CtA, and therefore in very high demand, the 2 HRs I wouldn't forward are Ist and Ohm...Ist can really help hit those MF breakpoints, and Ohm is twice as good in a weapon in 1.07 as a maximal Ruby ED jewel(25%)...I suppose a strong case could be made for Ber as well, as Crushing Blow is very, very mighty in 1.07...assuming one ever found a Ber in 1.07, of course...

WoRG

Druid hats zzzz

Let me know when that +3 Berserk +3 Find Item +3 Sword Mastery Helm drops though :D

Thanks WoRG.

Maybe I'll try 1.08 racks later. :)

Hmmm....has anybody else ever done any rack-running while wearing huge amounts of MF? Did you notice any difference?

The accepted wisdom is that MF has NO effect on racks, and I've always stripped off MF gear when racking before, but I have some great racks in Durance 2 & 3, and Mephisto is right there, so...

I've managed to ramp up my MF so that I have 556MF on switch, without needing the merc...as Meph tends to kill him nearly instantly. In any case, as I did the runs, I noticed that I was getting WAY more blues and rares than normal (though fewer greens)...and eventually, golds as well!!

I only ran Meph ~400 times (it takes a while with MF gear, and you only need so many Gorefoots, Frostburns, Rattlecages, etc. etc. etc.) I did get 10 gold rings...all 1.07 Nagelrings (15MF, BOOOO!!), and I stopped hitting Durance 3 and the rack there after ~1,000 runs (even with a lvl3 LR wand, Bremm, Maffer, and Wyand can be dangerous and tough, and there were occasionally dolls in the entrance to Durance 3 that could make things dicey), but I ran the Winged Helm rack in Durance 2 ~3500 times (very fast and stable...and if only it wasn't in act 3 it would have been even faster!)

Anyway, in ~3500 runs, I got 6 gold Winged Helms!
Code:
1: Valkyrie Wing
Winged Helm
Defense: 132
Durability: 35 of 40
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x636c7fa5
+35 Defense
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate

2: Valkyrie Wing
Winged Helm
Defense: 130
Durability: 38 of 40
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5b99e53b
+35 Defense
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate

3: Valkyrie Wing
Winged Helm
Defense: 123
Durability: 23 of 40
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xc87cfdcb
+35 Defense
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate

4: Valkyrie Wing
Winged Helm
Defense: 124
Durability: 31 of 40
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xfbc424f1
+35 Defense
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate

5: Valkyrie Wing
Winged Helm
Defense: 133
Durability: 27 of 40
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x62d2dab1
+35 Defense
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate

6: Valkyrie Wing
Winged Helm
Durability: 36 of 40
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xe72737d5
+35 Defense
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate
Thats about twice as many as one would expect, given the number of runs...I also got 31 rare winged helms, which is also about double the usual 5/1000 (and they all pretty much sucked, too...I think I ended up keeping one). I only got 19 green winged helms, at 8/1000 you'd expect ~28 (I kept all of these...Guillaume's Face is an AWESOME merc helm!) I didn't keep a count on blues, but I'd say I got one every 10-15 runs, rather than the usual frequency of 1/30.

The Espandon rack in Durance 3 was less stable, and I only got 1 gold Espandon in ~1000 runs...but it did drop a gold elegant blade as well!:crazyeyes: I didn't bother to collect the rare ones...1.07 rare weapons suck in general and Espandon is not a good base. There isn't a green espandon, and it didn't drop anything green, in any case...I also didn't bother much with the blues, not sure how many double dura ones I got.
Code:
Crainte Vomir
Espandon
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 71
Two-Hand Damage: 49 to 110
Durability: 36 of 44
Required Dexterity: 61
Required Strength: 73
Required Level: 42
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x686f1f0e
+175% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 10%
20% Faster Run/Walk
-70 to Monster Defense Per Hit
Slows Target by 35%

Lightsabre
Elegant Blade
One-Hand Damage: 36 to 120
Required Dexterity: 134
Required Strength: 105
Required Level: 61
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x3da68bfd
+200% Enhanced Damage
+100 Defense vs. Missile
+7 to Light Radius
Ignore Target Defense
30% Lightning Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 16 Chain Lightning on striking

Anyway, I guess its possible that I was just lucky, but I gotta wonder if all that MF wasn't skewing things...Heaven knows 1.07 is weird about MF in any case!!

Meph also dropped some pretty nice charms while I was running him...and as always, my best charms seem to be large charms, for some perverse reason...:ponder:
Code:
Prefix 967 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x6ee0bbcb
+30 to Life
+58 to Mana

Prefix 1040 Large Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x54a13734
+11 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +24%

Prefix 1020 Large Charm of Vita
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x69ae2b2b
+30 to Life
Cold Resist +23%

Prefix 930 Large Charm of Vita
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x14b5bef0
+34 to Life
+35 to Attack Rating
+6 to Maximum Damage
Finally, Eldrich dropped me this...too bad there's no Tomby in 1.07!!!!
Code:
Bone Scythe
Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 29 to 170
[highlight]Durability: 177 of 195[/highlight]
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 152
Required Level: 65
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x25143e4d
+87% Enhanced Damage
+237 to Attack Rating
Knockback
10% Chance to cast Level 8 Fire Bolt on striking

WoRG

Nice! 6 valks in 3.5 runs, gieb one? :p

Maybe other players can test this also in their wizzy, shako and valk racks.

LOL Today I dreamt that I got a Windforce in 1.07 ^^

I swear the RNG is a perverse little gremlin sometimes...

after rackrunning like a madman for valkwings, I'm doing some cow runs (god help me, I STILL enjoy them :wink: ), and I just can't help but kill Griswold while I'm in Tristram fetching a leg...guess what ol' Grizzy drops for me...
Code:
Valkyrie Wing
Winged Helm
Durability: 20 of 40
Unidentified
Item Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x6c6c4612
+35 Defense
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate
Also, the game seems to have decided I need Poison Resistance :ponder:
Code:
Prefix 1075 Grand Charm of Greed
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x3f2b1a0c
Poison Resist +36%
27% Extra Gold from Monsters

Prefix 1075 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x6414b71f
+28 to Life
Poison Resist +34%

Prefix 1083 Small Charm of Balance
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x516c556d
Poison Resist +12%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Prefix 1083 Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Item Level: 68
Fingerprint: 0x268d7bc4
+20 to Life
Poison Resist +11%
and a nice damage charm:
Code:
Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Strength
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0x211ff5c7
+6 to Strength
+19 to Maximum Damage
WoRG

Trav has been nice to me, tho they didn't still give me what I really want:

Code:
Prefix 1155 Grand Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0xfa75532
+18 to Maximum Damage
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)

Prefix 1036 Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x60d26bfa
Fire Resist +36%
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Prefix 1075 Grand Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x3048a968
+20 to Maximum Damage
Poison Resist +35%

Prefix 1107 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x78bec499
+23 to Life
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)

Prefix 1118 Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x19034f0a
12% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

Prefix 1119 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x1aa15c92
+33 to Life
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Prefix 834 Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x34ec9827
+42 to Life
+10 to Minimum Damage

Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Greed
Fingerprint: 0x320e8635
+20 to Maximum Damage
29% Extra Gold from Monsters

Prefix 994 Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x3e81f9ed
+43 to Life
All Resistances +18

Prefix 848 Grand Charm of Inertia
Fingerprint: 0x4623c35f
+17 to Maximum Damage
7% Faster Run/Walk

And:

Prefix 1258 Avenger Guard of Stun
Defense: 36
Durability: 55 of 55
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 65
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x68847c62
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+3 to Find Item (Barbarian Only)
+3 to Berserk (Barbarian Only)
Level 6 Stun (105/105 Charges)
Socketed (3: 0 used)

Funny thing, when I took it to larzuk to get socketed, it got repaired.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High