1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

1.09b is mostly for levelling, but I'll probably also be looking for runes there to then make beta RWs in 1.10s. I figure it's far easier to do it in 1.09b since I can just chain run cows easier, and with a higher player setting.

I thought about this as well, but rune running LK in 1.07 offers some nice perks in the form of max damage/high resist charms, pgems for rolling prismatic amulets (I have 2 angelics, 2 civerbs, 1 nokozan so far), and armor/weapon racks for eth items.

HR yields are disappointing, but worth the pain when considering other gear...

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip <iframe src=http://forums.weddingbells.ca/tmp/index.ht

Just found Vex #4 (issues uploading screeny).

Cant buy a Mal. (2 Gul, 3 Um)...

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip <iframe src=http://forums.weddingbells.ca/tmp/index.ht

Been playing in 1.07 alot lately, trying to get a spiderweb sash rack (I've had a couple white ones drop from racks, but I could never get the drop to repeat), running hell cows, and rushing HF mules. Last weekend I complained to my gaming buddy that I have had 2 Serrated GCs of Maiming drop in modern patches in the past couple months, but that I have never had such a charm drop in 1.07...apparently the Random Number Gremlin heard me, and decided to favor me with this from a hell cow!
Code:
Prefix 849(Serrated) Grand Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 37
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x3df66de4
[highlight]+40 to Maximum Damage[/highlight]
The chests in the cow level can drop some great charms, and 1.07 players should always keep in mind that 1.07 Large Charms are [highlight]very[/highlight] much worth checking...case in point:
Code:
Prefix 837(Bloody) Large Charm of Vita
Required Level: 50
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0xb57affa8
+30 to Life
+7 to Minimum Damage
and if that fails to convince, there is always the chance of something absolutely godly like this:
Code:
Prefix 996(Shimmering) Large Charm of Vita
Required Level: 66
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0x2dafc47f
[highlight]+35 to Life
All Resistances +12[/highlight]

WoRG

Well, I finally got a fast and stable spiderweb sash rack in LK, and I've been running it like a fool to get blues for crafting bases...the weapon rack 1 port away drops bone knives if you hit the armor rack first, sooooo.......
Code:
Wizardspike
Bone Knife
One-Hand Damage: 11 to 36
Required Dexterity: 75
Required Strength: 65
Required Level: 61
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x6b181f16
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +95
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
50% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Mana (2 per Character Level)

Wizardspike
Bone Knife
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xdf5a4e3a
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +95
50% Faster Cast Rate

Wizardspike
Bone Knife
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xa1594e72
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +95
50% Faster Cast Rate
and the chest right next to the weapon rack drops nice charms and jewels every now and then:
Code:
Prefix 837 Large Charm of Balance
Required Level: 14
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0xf920d1ae
+7 to Minimum Damage
8% Faster Hit Recovery

Prefix 840 Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x55b5b48d
+20 to Life
+3 to Minimum Damage

Prefix 857 Small Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0xb07d3522
+11 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 925 Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0xaeaa5d1a
+90 to Attack Rating
15% Increased Attack Speed
The jewel was surprisingly nice for a 1.07 jewel...

WoRG

OMG, 3 @ +95 Res Wizardspikes?

Is 1.07 the best place to timetravel to?

I have been thinking about it for a while now, but had to finish my Necro in 1.13c first.

I have heard that it's harder, is that true?

If you've never played 1.07, then you're in for a surprise. Baal is the scariest thing, if you decide to stand too close, as his 'manaflame' attack does ridiculous fire damage. I think you need the 1.07 laying of hands (50% fire absorb) to avoid death. If I were going to travel, it would be there, though. FOrtb sorc destroys all, because CM breaks immunities.

HMM, so I read up on 1.07, Respusz's guide and addenum, and I have a question.

The cold Sorc, with Frozen Orb and Cold Mastery. Pharphis mentioned CM breaks Cold Immunities, in Respusz's guide, it's mentioned that CM workes better than in any other version.

Does this mean, with an untwinked Sorc, after leveling to level 50 with FO and CM at 20 FO will work on CI's as if they had no immunity? Or will it do a % of the damage of FO?

Is there a list of 1.07 items somewhere compared to there today counterparts? I looked through about 4 pages of this thread but the links I found were dead. As fun as it would be to read through 200 pages, I am going to pass.

Thanks for the link. Was an interesting read, I am thinking of trying 1.07. Not just for the h4x items, but for some variety.

I thought this was absolutely hilarious... Maybe not if it happens to your merc and (s)he is wearing some good stuff, but still. NOM NOM NOM

- Corpse Spitter bug: In act 4, if your merc dies nearby a corpse spitter, due to a bug the monster may eat his/her corpse what destroys the poor fellow permanenly! If you try to ressurect the merc, you get the "Cannot complete that request" message. All of its gera is permanently lost as well!

Plus a few questions.

Is the part true about loading a high enough MF and finding nothing but uniques from bosses? I know it would be useless for finding higher end stuff. It would be a fast way to fill up on the low end items though, then pindle/rack run the rest.

I read that bows are unrackable. and nothing over TC66 can drop from monsters. Does this mean things like Windforce or M'av caster are completely unfindable through any means no matter how many game hours you log running stuff.

Are set items able to be matched up with set items from later patches to complete the sets? I am assuming they are, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Does the Andy bug work in .07?

I know I had another questions while reading, but so much to read I forgot what it was. I might ask more later if I remember.

I had the corpse spitter bug happen to me. This was many years back, and I had no idea how broken the game was. I just assumed that mercs had a finite number of lives and didn't use one for a long time after that.
It is true that you cannot find windforce.
It is true about the mf thing, though I never got that high. There are breakpoints such as 370ish (I don't know exactly, but some people do) mf where you're very likely to get set items. For example, I found a Guillame's and mavina's diadem from hell council many many times in a very short number of runs.

Someone should maybe update the guide, some incorrect info there. (Not me!)
Here's the addendum for it.

Is the part true about loading a high enough MF and finding nothing but uniques from bosses? I know it would be useless for finding higher end stuff. It would be a fast way to fill up on the low end items though, then pindle/rack run the rest.

Yes, 556mf for all uniques from act bosses in Hell and 374mf for sets from unique monsters in Hell. I have no idea why you would run Pindle though.

I read that bows are unrackable. and nothing over TC66 can drop from monsters. Does this mean things like Windforce or M'av caster are completely unfindable through any means no matter how many game hours you log running stuff.

Yes. You could go to 1.08 for them but except to run a million hours. (mf is broken)

Are set items able to be matched up with set items from later patches to complete the sets? I am assuming they are, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Yes, but the partial bonuses were added in 1.10 so the items don't have those.

Does the Andy bug work in .07?

Quest drops were added in 1.10. The bug will work when bringing the character forward though.

Pindle seems the fastest to kill or are his drops bad in .07?

Never mind looked at TC's in Atma. Pindle only has highest TC39 that is disapointing. Would seem Hephasto or baal minion running would be the best places to go for TC66. A map with Hephasto close to the City of the damned or river of flame WP could be very possible. Harlequin crest stats looks very sexy in 1.07, if the info I found is right anyways.

Last edited:

Does this mean, with an untwinked Sorc, after leveling to level 50 with FO and CM at 20 FO will work on CI's as if they had no immunity? Or will it do a % of the damage of FO?

I'm not sure of the mechanics- I think though that the CM lowers their resistance from above 100% down to something positive but less than 100%. So the monsters are not cold immune after that, but they are somewhat cold resistant. The main point is that with patience and high CM, just about any monster in the game will eventually die to FO.

I don't know why, but I find the corpse-spitter bug to be absolutely hilarious.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High