OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

Re: OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

@Massive - Heh. Guess I overlooked something as well. Silly me. It's true though that it's odd that maati hasn't posted yet, particularly since Jason already has a couple of times.

@lukin - The professor could use his potion to point out his suspicions without ever coming out in the open. (S)he would in effect be anonimous in this manner, and that could be a positive thing if you fear mafia reprisal tactics. Somebody mentioned that it would make for an easily verifyable townie claim (I am the professor, and to prove it I will give X a drink tomorrow) but that helps little really. Besides, the 'real' professor might find it useful to have somebody else claim his/her part and play along.

There's no insta-kill as a food or drink effect, lukin. The notion that Thyiad is instantly unsuspicious because she got a meal is ridiculous. At the same time you're casting doubt over L_E, by stating that he's clearly not in the same group as her, the unsuspicious one. That's quite alarming, to say the least. I'll still like to gather some more material before voting tho.

Time to eat my cereal and mow my lawn.

If you mean this post, then of course I read it. First, the insta-kill has not been confirmed by Sint. Second, Thyiad seems unsuspicious because if I were the cook, I would serve a non-mafia member first to try it out.

As far as casting doubt over L_E by saying he's not in the same group as her...well, if you read the rules, then you know he's not. The prof (who provided L_E's potion) is a pro-town role. Therefore anyone the prof chooses (except for himself) is a blind choice. The cook however knows exactly who is mafia and who isn't.

As far as you voting for this reason, go ahead. Trying to steer the conversation away from the Goltar/W_M debate? Possibly because you know exactly who is who.

I sure don't have a feel for what the hell is going on yet... This is a big game and I'm leaning towards the discussion so far amounting to randomness and red herrings. The food/drink aspect is going to become vitally important I think, but to jump to conclusions based on who received the food/drink on day 1 is folly.

It's sad that an innocent died without getting to enjoy even one breakfast here, but as far as I'm concerned at this point, you are all nefarious mafioso scum. I'll be voting later tonight.

If you mean this post, then of course I read it. First, the insta-kill has not been confirmed by Sint. Second, Thyiad seems unsuspicious because if I were the cook, I would serve a non-mafia member first to try it out.

As far as casting doubt over L_E by saying he's not in the same group as her...well, if you read the rules, then you know he's not. The prof (who provided L_E's potion) is a pro-town role. Therefore anyone the prof chooses (except for himself) is a blind choice. The cook however knows exactly who is mafia and who isn't.

As far as you voting for this reason, go ahead. Trying to steer the conversation away from the Goltar/W_M debate? Possibly because you know exactly who is who.

THE RULES CLEARLY STATE THAT THERE IS NO INSTA-KILL.

And again, you state that Liquid is not in the same "unsuspicious group" due to rules, while in effect you can't know that, unless you're mafia. Even the cop can't be 100% sure on that before the second night has passed.

You're trying to steer the conversation to goltar/w_m, while you're leaving yourself an out to go chase after L_E afterwards. You tried to ignore my post, hoping that it will blow over, but it won't. I'd say that there's 5% chance that either you or Thyiad is the cook. You've been a bit too careless.

I can't cook. I'm only allowed in the kitchen to make tea. Ask Mungo in the Bar.

When does this day end is it tomorrow?

It's the 24 hour mark people. That means there's only 24 hours left in this day.

Current votings:
Votee (number of votes) - Voters.
cygnus (2) - liquid evil, zhao yue
nacruno (1) - omgwtfbbqpwned
liquid evil (1) - ahcw
water_moon (1) - goltar
goltar (1) - jjscud
ahcw (1) - jason
maatiarna (1) - massivesin
jason (1) - nolecub
lukin (1) - lord nikon

Liquid evil drank the cup. For now a silvery pale hue is taking over your skin. It doesn't look threatening, but to say something good will come of it is a bit too much either... maybe something more interesting will happen later on.
Thyiad has not eaten the cake. Maybe it was very tasty, maybe not, standing all the while in the open air seemed to have made it rock hard untill it imploded though, so I guess we'll never know.

That's it. Enjoy the rest of the day people, I know I will :smiley:

Hmm... Is the fact that you can't cook the reason you won't eat the cake Thyiad? If that's the case, that makes your post the most obvious mafia give away evah!

ATTENSHUN! This is meant for those people who don't get my jokes. This is one. Probably lame, might be boring, but THIS IS A JOKE.

Alright finally got back. And this came to my attention:

You can include Magicboy in that same boat (to copy Merlin a little.) Not totally convinced that either of them are mafia yet...
...they are definitely on my watchlist.

What in the world...?

I clearly stated that I just wanted to get a post in. And I also clearly stated that it was pretty much a useless post. So i'm suspicious because of that? Makes me wonder... Also, you are saying that I am trying to get myself up the list without contributing information. How would I be trying to get myself up the list when I said that the post was pretty much useless? Unless useless in your definition means very helpful...

I think i'll vote for Water_Moon just because Goltar seems to be working so hard for us to vote for her (does this sentence even make sense?)

Vote: Water_Moon

And if we are wrong then we vote you, Goltar, right?

Hey, that's not nice. I would have eaten the cake if it was one I liked but no one told me what sort of cake it was. :sad:

...and day one is its usual self. In the absence of a Cunning Plan, I'm watching and reading. Goltar's attack on W_M seems odd. Couples are always awkward because of the element of hidden information - only Goltar can really make that claim, because only he can see W_M in person.

@Liquid: I believe we saw that with Drixxx, in game 3 (I think) - the one where they did a mass roleclaim FTW. He had several people utterly convinced he was mafia by his behaviour, including me spectating, and then the cop went and showed him as townie.

Also, given we're in random question-asking mode, what would you consider the options to be, if you were the professor? How about the cook?

Rules note: An important point that I checked with Sint: Mrs White can be an unkillable townie if she wants to be by targeting herself every night. Might be useful in the endgame.

Also, @Sint, a rules query that I just came up with:

What happens in the case of equal numbers of mafia and townies left alive? Per the rules, it's a quickdraw contest - whoever gets their votes in first wins. That seems a bit dumb - you'll probably need to make it clear well in advance how that will work. Also, related - Mrs White vs single mafia - what happens? Draw? First vote wins?

What happens in the case of equal numbers of mafia and townies left alive? Per the rules, it's a quickdraw contest - whoever gets their votes in first wins. That seems a bit dumb - you'll probably need to make it clear well in advance how that will work.

I don't see the problem, unless you're mafia ;). Even numbers has always been a gimme for the mafia, this is still a virtual gimme for the mafia but still leaves the town a splinter of a chance.

...and day one is its usual self. In the absence of a Cunning Plan, I'm watching and reading.
But you weren't very quick to the table.

@Liquid: I believe we saw that with Drixxx, in game 3 (I think) - the one where they did a mass roleclaim FTW. He had several people utterly convinced he was mafia by his behaviour, including me spectating, and then the cop went and showed him as townie.
I've never been lynched as a townie and this game will be no different.

Also, given we're in random question-asking mode, what would you consider the options to be, if you were the professor? How about the cook?
Hard to say. I guess I'd wait to see what this potion does to me to see how vivid the effects are (which is why I was so quick to drink...if only for the 1st timer guinea pig effect). I'll comment more when I see some results, but someone like you should be able to devise some sort of devious game exploitation plan involving the potions. (Unless of course, you don't want to turn any rules to the town's favor since you don't fall on that particular side this game...)

Thy's not eating the cake was curious. If she were a plain townie I think she would have gobbled it immediately. Why wait and continue posing meaningless questions?

Rules note: An important point that I checked with Sint: Mrs White can be an unkillable townie if she wants to be by targeting herself every night. Might be useful in the endgame.
I was thinking the same thing, only that Mr. Green be kept alive to keep the body ID's coming at a nice pace. Keeping herself alive might be good too though. Any other thoughts on this, anyone?

@ Cygnus- Where you at? I need you to be more active so I can start to work on my anti-Cyg post that's sure to get you lynched.

Unvote Midnightvulture
Vote Maatiarna

Thanks for the catch Muzz, I screwed up my list and left on Midnightvulture & took off Nacruno by accident.

Merlin: 5 in total, Nacruno hasn't posted yet but your point is noted.

@Massive can you please explain why you have made 2 very weird votes. Firstly against a person that has already posted and you says that he has not (that is quite suspicious in my mind). Secondly you then vote for me, yes I know that I have not posted until now, that is simple if you think about it if Jason is online I can not be as we only have one computer, therefore I am unable to post.

Now with that being said I would like to say something about this water_moon/goltar thing. I can see 2 things here. 1 water_moon is fishing for a response from goltar as she suspects him to be dirty (with her first post) so she can determine whether or not he is actually dirty (This is exactly what I did to Jason in the previous round and he ended up being a member of the gang). So there actually could be something to her accusation. 2) Goltar has actually picked upon the fact that water_moon is acting strangely and she is dirty herself and is trying to get goltar lynched.

@liq what gives you the impression that Cygnus is anti-town?

I had better get my vote in as I may not have another opportunity to post before day ends

At the moment I only have 2 suspects
Nolecub - because of his strange vote on Jason. At present I have the feeling that Jason a normal townie (but that can change as the game progresses)
Ahcw - because he was quick to bandwagon vote for Liq after he was voted for. As was stated Liq being lynched would not be in the best interest for the town at this stage.

So I will randomly vote for one of these 2

Vote Nolecub

THE RULES CLEARLY STATE THAT THERE IS NO INSTA-KILL.

And again, you state that Liquid is not in the same "unsuspicious group" due to rules, while in effect you can't know that, unless you're mafia. Even the cop can't be 100% sure on that before the second night has passed.

You're trying to steer the conversation to goltar/w_m, while you're leaving yourself an out to go chase after L_E afterwards. You tried to ignore my post, hoping that it will blow over, but it won't. I'd say that there's 5% chance that either you or Thyiad is the cook. You've been a bit too careless.

HMMM...you are right about the insta-kill, but I have no idea what you are talking about with L_E. I don't think Thyiad is totally clear, or even mostly clear, she is just more clear than most of the rest in my book because of my own belief about the human psyche. The mafia is the one that chose her, even if she is mafia. L_E was chosen by a pro-town role who probably took a shot in the dark (as opposed to Thyiad) which means that according to my own view of the human psyche, keeps L_E at the same level of suspicion as anyone else.

I have no agenda to go after L_E unless he is mafia. In fact, L_E as townie is one of our greatest assets since he is adept at catching baddies. Besides, I don't think I have the cajones to go after him anyway even if I was convinced he was mafia.

Why are you so set on defending him though? I am sure he can take care of himself.

Also, its time to cast my vote for W_M until she and Goltar provide a proper explanation for their actions. Right now she is my top suspect, although Nikon's complete misread and subsequent focus on one of my posts as opposed to a person who claims his own wife if mafia and if she isn't we can lynch him is both increasingly dubious and odd. His follow-up that I am trying to focus on Goltar to clear the way to kill L_E is even more strange.

Anyhow, for the time being,

VOTE:Water_Moon

Wow. I suppose day one is always rather full of random suspicions and accusations. I've been trying to keep up around RL commitments, but I think I'll have to re-read to get a better feel for what's going on later tonight.
The W_M/goltar issue seems to be taking center stage, but neither has posted for a while to clarify any of their behavior so far. That seems a bit weird to me on both their parts.
I'm also very confused about what lukin and Nikon have going on. Nikon's certainty of lukin's guilt seems absurd. Only the cop and the mafia have any solid info yet, the cop has only had one night to investigate, and he (or she) would be foolish to spill any beans at this juncture.
As for the immortal Mrs. White, her ability to stave off mafia kills indefinitely by locking herself in her room may come in handy, but if it comes down to a majority of mafia it becomes useless. Eventually she's alone and a stalemate would result. Or Sint may rule that they'll starve her to death in her room and it will be a mafia win. Either way it's no win for the town.
I'll be back tonight after reading up on the rest. Sint, any chance you could clarify as to whether you actually decided to nix the insta-kill food/potion? All you've said so far is that you were thinking about it. Sorry to ask twice, but it looks like the question got lost in the cracks.

mv

Just re-read the rules after seeing Nikon's post. Indeed, there is no instant death. My bad.

mv

Assuming the town doesn't lynch yes, but she can be killed via lynch if no one buy the claim IMO.

Just got back in from a long day. I haven't read through everything yet, but there are several questions as to why I'm voting for/attacking water_moon. I've seen several real-life tells. I'll go into more detail responding to everything when I can.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High