OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

Re: OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

Secondly about Massive's random votes for the inactive players; i do not see why it looks like a townie act as midnight has suggested. On the contrary i think it to be the perfect mafia play for those wanting to be seen helpful without making a fuss of anything. He is casting his vote and than just taking it back at the first post by that person. Also the matter that he is claiming to review the posts again only to cast a vote on a non-poster makes my argument much stronger imo. Why write such a claim, wanting to seem even more helpful?
PS: Me being reasonable has no relation with my motives, just to be clear with it :rolleyes:. Do not expect me to play dump when i am townie.

Simple answer: To me with the amount of players that are in the game there will become a tendancy to skim and skip over posts. I write the claim for my own benefit. It makes it slightly harder for mafia or desperate townies nearing majority vote to twist my intent to draw attention away from them.

The key to the town winning is for everyone to post, even early. It is highly unlikely Mafia will target non posters because it helps there cause. They will shoot their bullets at the obsticales in their path... (you demonstrated this last game :tongue:). So for me I'd rather let the tongues wag in hope to find something useful, than second guess if RL has taken priority over stealth mode mafia tactics.

:wink3: FBZ, I think you are very witty & crafty. I'm not moving my vote ATM. I'm going to wait for a little and see what else come up today.

Sorry Merlin, I didn't even remember you outing me then. I do occasionally hold grudges, but not in that particular matter. I'm more likely to hold one on someone going after water_moon than myself anyway, that's just how I am.

And I'm trying not to go into too much detail on the real-life tells in the interest of fairness. Believe me if you want, don't if you don't want to. That's your choice. I know I'm right, and I know that what I'm saying is the truth. If everyone wants me dead, then so be it. But you'll be making a big mistake. I am more valuable to the town right now alive than dead.

I think Merlin at least has good reason to vote for me, as I believe he is also mafia, and it is in his interest to lynch townies. As to where the other 5 are, I'm not sure yet, but I'm getting some ideas. I'll post them before the day is up, as I don't realistically expect to live through the night, and would prefer not to be locked up, there are more important people to protect.

The key to the town winning is for everyone to post, even early. It is highly unlikely Mafia will target non posters because it helps there cause. They will shoot their bullets at the obsticales in their path... (you demonstrated this last game :tongue:). So for me I'd rather let the tongues wag in hope to find something useful, than second guess if RL has taken priority over stealth mode mafia tactics.

Hmm. True to an extent perhaps. You seem to forget however that the power roles usually lay low as well, to avoid becoming an involuntary lynch target. Other players will contribute more if they feel their opinion will gain more merit and they have a clear suspicion list of people to go after. There are several players who habitually post little but nevertheless have a good rep as solid players.

@Nacruno - As stated before, I only re-itereated the previous rounds because goltar based his suspect list on it.

Oh, and by the way - Plum and the Cook are equivalent. It doesn't matter who they choose. The only difference is that the Cook must die for a townie win.

This is a little short-sighted. Everyone who's read the rules knows that there are differences between the two. Maybe not something we can (ab)use at the moment. But saying "It doesn't matter" is painting the picture too pretty.

I'm not too fond of goltar's anyone who doesn't ignore me/defends w_m is mafia. On the other hand, offering yourself as a lynch victim looks good. For now, I'm inclined to lynch one of them. But as of yet I'm undecided on who goes first.

I'll try to find the time for some more re-reading and pondering. No promises, though.

Nikon said:
I'm not sure what Zhao is up to too.

jjscud said:
@Zhao_Yue - last time I played we had a nice short little discussion about acting logically and for the good for the town. Perhaps I'm a bit slow on my feet my I don't see anything clearly implicating Cygnus or magic_boy, care to elaborate?

muzzz said:
Too bad I missed the silly part. I'm assuming that Liq, Zhao, Jason, omg and ahcw are voting in jest. If not, elaborate please.

noclub said:
Liq and Zhao have appeared to joined forces rather quickly it seems. Just seems odd to me for Zhao to come out and basically say that either Cyg or Magic are mafia. Thats a 50/50 chance of hitting home (one or the other being scum). Nice way to play the stats game.

merlin said:
Can you explain for the dimwitted please, Zhao?

I suppose some players did not pick up my performance from last game. Ranchowner or Mole?

Although some of the responses are interesting at least. Cygnus, how come you are not getting on my case for bandwagoning you?

liquid said:
Zhao- If you were Mrs. White, which role would warrant your nightly protection?

Hard to tell since it's the beginning of the game and have no clue on who might have what roles. Since it's both a roleblocker and protector, she wouldn't want to select the cop/doctor unless necessary; they are safe from NK but cannot use their ability. Probably she'd want to choose a townie that has a good chance of being NK to deny the mafia of their kill. I double checked the rules and there is no designated killer and the mafia power roles don’t seem to do much so she should try not to target a mafia member.

Sorry Merlin, I didn't even remember you outing me then. I do occasionally hold grudges, but not in that particular matter. I'm more likely to hold one on someone going after water_moon than myself anyway, that's just how I am.

So are you going to hold a grudge against yourself then? :rolleyes:

And I'm trying not to go into too much detail on the real-life tells in the interest of fairness. Believe me if you want, don't if you don't want to. That's your choice. I know I'm right, and I know that what I'm saying is the truth. If everyone wants me dead, then so be it. But you'll be making a big mistake. I am more valuable to the town right now alive than dead.

In the interest of fairness, you are not going to go into detail regarding the RL tells. Yet they form the foundation of your claim. How can it then be fair? Please enlighten us as to how she seems suspicious to you then. Is she creeping to the computer in the dead of the night so you won't notice? Is she cackling like a maniac everytime she encounters you in the house?

Anyways, here you say the town would make a [highlight]big mistake[/highlight] by lynching you, yet below...

I think Merlin at least has good reason to vote for me, as I believe he is also mafia, and it is in his interest to lynch townies. As to where the other 5 are, I'm not sure yet, but I'm getting some ideas. I'll post them before the day is up, as I don't realistically expect to live through the night, and would prefer not to be locked up, there are more important people to protect.

You claim that there are [highlight]more important people to protect[/highlight] So what is it? Are you important or not? I am curious to hear your argumentation as to who are suspects or not. And please, try to find a more reasonable theory then 'Everybody who pays attention to me on day 1 is suspect.' You are better then that.

So are you going to hold a grudge against yourself then? :rolleyes:

If I were wrong, then yes, I would hold a grudge against myself. I still do for several times that I've been wrong. I'm not wrong now. You know it. I know you know it. I am 100% certain of her guilt, and about 95% certain of your guilt at this point. Would you like a shovel to dig yourself a little deeper?

In the interest of fairness, you are not going to go into detail regarding the RL tells. Yet they form the foundation of your claim. How can it then be fair? Please enlighten us as to how she seems suspicious to you then. Is she creeping to the computer in the dead of the night so you won't notice? Is she cackling like a maniac everytime she encounters you in the house?

I just said I wouldn't go into more detail. You're proving my point that everyone tends to ignore me.

Anyways, here you say the town would make a [highlight]big mistake[/highlight] by lynching you, yet below...

You claim that there are [highlight]more important people to protect[/highlight] So what is it? Are you important or not?

You're smarter than that. And I'm smart enough to not fall for that. I made my role quite obvious. I'll reveal it explicitly when I'm good and ready to, which is not now.

I am curious to hear your argumentation as to who are suspects or not. And please, try to find a more reasonable theory then 'Everybody who pays attention to me on day 1 is suspect.' You are better then that.

Please try to read what I said. The part about who pays attention to me only applies to the posts before I stated it. And if you'll read my posts, I've posted my suspicion list with reasons twice today. Since I likely won't live through the night, I'll probably post them again (updated of course) before the day is over.

Now, I've got to connect some more dots. There are some mafia still supporting her, but there will be some almost completely ignoring our little spat. We just have to find who they are. Unless of course they'd be willing to reveal themselves.

@Zhao: at the moment I really don't care to drag through the previous thread. You're still in my book as a joke-voter.

@Goltar: you're smart enough to realize that "RL tells" is a little hard to swallow on it's own. Yet instead of explaining, you move on to connecting people with w_m. Those two facts, combined with general "threats" that anyone who doesn't vote with you is a scum-supporting-w_m, don't make for a strong case.

@ whoever mentioned my spelling-corrections. I stopped doing that because there were too many to correct - especially from Merlin. I presumed Sint was posting rules, so I don't read his posts. Midnight needs to use paragraphs. Liq's tar is too freaky, so I'm trying to avoid his posts.

Re the cake thing: I would have eaten if I liked it. No one told me what it was and so, no I wasn't touching it. Had it been a pecan pie or chocolate fudge cake .. well ... yes. So whoever the cook is, doesn't frequent the EMB. :tongue: I didn't realize it got taken away after 24 hours. I suppose that's in the rules somewhere.

I tried reading todays posts but frankly .. it's the usual duckshoot so .. *shrug* Do you really want another guess-the-mafia-post, this time from me.

Anyone got a vote round up btw? I'm still a firm believer in lynching anyone.

- All the others have posted too little for me to get a good bearing on them. I'm tempted to say that Muzzz is suspicious, but I was the one who said we should only look at this round, and not use previous rounds as a deciding factor here. Besides, his mafia spree HAS to end sometime, doesn't it? :p

What exactly am I suspicious for? Not posting enough? Acting differently from last round? Or just because I'm the best mafioso evah?

Unvote: Jason

I, too believe goltar. I just do not approve of his reasoning, as I believe it taints the game

I shall be abstaining in voting this day as I go sit in a corner and perform my one man protest.

@Goltar: you're smart enough to realize that "RL tells" is a little hard to swallow on it's own. Yet instead of explaining, you move on to connecting people with w_m. Those two facts, combined with general "threats" that anyone who doesn't vote with you is a scum-supporting-w_m, don't make for a strong case.

Please re-read what I've said. I specifically said that people don't have to believe me. That's everyone's individual choice. And I also told w_m I wouldn't go into further detail on the RL stuff.

And there are plenty of people not supporting me that I don't find suspicious. There are some against me that I don't find suspicious. It's not about whether they support me or not, it's HOW they support me or HOW they don't support me.

Please give me a little credit. I did re-read what you said. And you previously posted it in the reverse of the order you used above.

First you go "anyone defending w_m (too) actively is mafia". It's not until you start to catch some flak that you tone down with "you don't have to believe me".

No need for your shovel, goltar. I can manage perfectly fine on my own.
The above post holds absolutely no information. Even when I ask you for it. I did read your posts, and I read your suspicion lists. Twice.

I have explicitly stated I am not defending water_moon, because I have no idea what her role is. I am defending her right to make a joke without being lynched for it due to spousal paranoia. Since I see no valid argumentation, I ask for it. But then again, you and I seem to disagree on what exactly constitutes an argument.

I have said your theory doesn't hold as far as I am concerned. You say it doesn't hold anymore, but it held up to the moment you revealed it as the basis for your supsicion list. I frankly find it astonishing you would even consider to use such an argument. You can easily deduce for yourself it's devoid of any form of sound logic.

It's more then apparent your logic (or, as far as I am concerned, lack thereof) wins the day. My vote stays where it is though. Whether Water_moon comes out as lily white as a new born babe or as evil as the debased offspring from Freddy Krueger and Chucky the doll. I'll be dogging you from now on.

@Thyiad - Is my english that bad?

Well you didn't capitalize English. :tongue:

No Merlin, it isn't there were a few spelling mistakes along with everyone else and I realized if I was going to correct them, I'd have to read all the posts and you know how likely that is. :rolleyes:

I should vote for someone before the day ends but I can't think who.

Liquid: Just so I don't have to see that tar any more
Goltar: for the whole missed joke thing (and Merlin, you think you had problems)
Cygnus: the cake/Prof thing. What have you been eating?
Nolecub: for sitting in a corner
Nikon: for seeming irritable. But maybe that's just Nikon. And he voted for me before voting began.
The quiet people: Artbell and the non-posters.

The only good news is Aman and ZY aren't posting much.

*goes to find random number generator*

(Anyone got an uptodate vote count? C'mon work with me here, I'm lazy.)

I expect to be away until the last few hours of the day, so I should get a vote in now. Goltar's case still seems shoddy to me. But even though I'm not sure if I trust him over w_m, it seems to me that lynching her gives the best shot of getting a useful bit of info. Sorry dear, guess it's just one of those days.

Vote: w_m

@Merlin: you didn't answer my previous question.

I haven't seen any of the mafia games myself other than the last one that you hosted and Liquid helped the town A LOT so lynching him night 1 would not exactly be the best move.
That almost seems counterintuitive to your bandwagon vote against me. If you've read these games like you've claimed, you should know that any couple votes has the potential to snowball into a full-blown lynch.

Like Goltar said I would have to be HORRIBLE mafia to freak out over such a trivial vote especially if my vote is for someone who has 0 chance of being lynched today.
You're new to the SP games, why would that be so hard to believe?

@Liquid - Just curious, why are you pushing Cygnus so hard? Just from previous games or is this just what you do at the start of games to see how they react? Or is it just a joke that I'm somehow missing? (being the new guy sucks..)
Because I felt I needed to attack either Muzzz, Merlin, or Cyg straight away because they usually make it far and are always so damn trusted at game end. (Cyg made it farthest last game, so I chose him) I want people to start questioning them sooner rather than later. If it wasn't for that Thy post, I would have said Cyg was playing similarly to Jason last round.

I'm going to choose to believe goltar, because like I said, I've never seen someone bet their life against someone they weren't 100% sure of. If she turns up dirty, then we'll have some good second day posts to read through. There's been plenty of people abstaining in protest or trying to turn the tables to get the ball rolling on goltar.

unvote: Cygnus
vote: water_moon

I don't like most of the new guys, partially because I don't have anything to compare too, but also because I've seen very little besides recaps being posted by them.

Also, zhao, why are you not posting more?

unvote: Cygnus
vote: water_moon

Liquid has changed his vote and I must follow.

Liquid said:
Also, zhao, why are you not posting more?

So I can act in an under-the-radar type way. What did you want me to address?

As promised, my full suspect list, and my notes on everyone, except the extras for w_m I agreed not to post. If I don't make it through the night, hopefully there will be something useful out of this. The more question marks there are, the less sure I am.

Code:
Name                  Believed role/alignment  Notes                                                                                                                                                                     
Ahcw                  ?Townie                  Voting based on avatar, poor townie play, but definitely townie play                                                                                                      
Aman                  ???Townie                Somewhat reasonable                                                                                                                                                       
Artbell               ????Townie               Joking too much, too uncertain, but this lends to townie being cautious                                                                                                   
Cygnus                ????Mafia                First supports me (even if vaguely), then ignores the spat, something's up here.                                                                             
Friedbananazzzz       ???Townie                Seems reasonable, good suspicion level against me                                                                                                                         
goltar25              Townie                   Me, of course I know my own role.                                                                                                                                         
Jaago                 ?Townie                  Dead night 1, should be revealed end of Day 1, hopefully not Mr. Green                                                                                                    
Jaedhann              ???Townie                Seems reasonable, but not enough info                                                                                                                                     
Jason Maher           ??Townie                 Reasonable, but possible incorrect target, likely confused townie                                                                                                         
jjscud                ???Townie                Thoughtful, but could be hiding something                                                                                                                                 
Liquid_Evil           Townie                   Usual self, VERY likely townie, could have something special, just not sure                                                                                               
Lord Nikon            ????Mafia                Seems reasonable, but seems to possibly be diverting away from the spat and avoiding it too hard                                                                          
lukin                 ??Townie                 Somewhat reasonable, jumping on cat avatar issue is likely poor townie play, but could be a connection, seems a bit perceptive, but could be fake                         
maatiarna             ?????                    Unsure, could be ok, but not getting any impressions                                                                                                                      
Magicboy              ?????                    Unsure, seems a bit sheepish, but could be hiding something                                                                                                               
MassiveSin            ?????                    Unsure, I'm not fond of voting for non-posters on day 1, but it's something at least, and fairly typical townie play without something better to go on                    
Merlin the Wizzard    Mafia                    Far too determined to keep water_moon alive and attack me, more so than typical townie should be, even more than L_E gets, I should offer him a shovel, but he's got his own digging squad apparently
midnightvulture       ?????                    No reads yet                                                                                                                                                              
muzzz                 ????Townie               Unsure, seems reasonable                                                                                                                                                  
NacRuno               ?????                    Reasonable, but could be either way, not enough info yet                                                                                                                  
Nazdakka              ?????                    Usual self, trying to find loopholes in the rules                                                                                                                         
Nolecub               ???Mafia                 wtf vote, then standing aside in my spat, something's up here, and not just protesting RL stuff, very bad feeling here, but nothing concrete yet 
Omgwtfbbqpwned        ????Mafia                wtf vote                                                                                                                                                                  
Ray Patean            ?????                    Claims joking at first, but I'm really not getting a good read on him                                                                                                     
slayer37              ?????                    Not enough information                                                                                                                                                    
Thyiad                ?????                    Usual self, but too uncertain                                                                                                                                             
water_moon            Mafia                    Definitely mafia                                                                                                                               
Zhao_Yue              ????Townie               Unsure, but seems to be a probing townie, or a good sheep for L_E                                                                                                         

Last post checked                           199

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High