OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

Sint Nikolaas

Apr 9, 2004
OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

The doorbell rang yet again. In the heavy rain outside a tall gentleman with a scrubby beard, dark hat and long overcoat was banging to get in. Wadsworth rolled his eyes and walked yet again out of the room to answer the door. He showed the tall gentlemen in to the room where now were assembled six others who had trickled in with the rain. Mr. Body came in right after with wadsworth. A warm smile that just didn't reach the eyes radiated from Mr. Body as he looked to his guests.
''It's nice to see you again Mrs. Peacockm Mrs. White, Mrs. Scarlett.. or is it Ms. Scarlett ofcourse. Mr. Green, professor Plum how nice to see you, yes Colonel Mustard you can hang your coat there...''
Mr. Body went trough the names as a hot knife trough butter, smooth but like steel.
''It is no mistake you are all here in this room.'' he continued, ''there are other guests in the mansion, but you are all here for one reason. Let me explain..''

A small, yet again cold, smile shivered across his face.
A bump to the table.
A small click.
Darkness.
A shot.

---

Welcome to the mafia round 9.
I wanted a nice theme for this round and came up with one of my favorite old movies. Clue. I really hope this'll work out because there'll be a lot of names involved, but I'll try and keep things as simple as possible.

This will be a ''town'' vs ''mafia''. So that means only two sides. Among both sides are a few of the main characters and a few of the other charaters from the movie, filled up with ''other guests'' as there will probably (hopefully) more people signing up.

Okay on to the good stuff:
Code:
Colonel Mustard 	military		leader of the anti-town
Mrs. Peacock 		grande dame		leader of the town
Miss Scarlet 		femme fatale		vigilante
Professor Plum 	        professor		doctor
Mr. Green 		evangelist		coroner
Mrs. White 		house keeper		keeper of keys

the Cook 					cooks meals
the Chief 					keeps together the masons
Wadsworth 					trustee of the chief, can recruit 1 mason

the Singing Telegram Girl 			1 night message
the Motorist 					1 night message

the Cop 					alignment cop
Those are the main characters. Ofcourse some are pretty straight forward, but I'll explain them all.

Colonel Mustard - Anti-town
He and a few others are forming the group that want to kill everyone beside themself in the mansion. (note: I'm not dissing the army or something, I just picked him to be anti-town..)

Mrs. Peacock - Pro-town
No role, just a fancy name. hehe pea..

Miss Scarlet - Pro-town
Can choose one night and make a night kill attempt then. This is one-shot, so even if it fails you have used your best lingerie.. uh.. weapons.

Professor Plum - Pro-town
This is a novilty role. You can invent one potion a night which you can give someone during the day. The potions have various effects. Most of them are just amusing (makes the drinker vomit, makes the drinker turn a nasty shade of orange) some are game impact heavy (allignment reveil at the end of the day, poison). This will be based on the amount of people signing up (so if 20 people sign up the potion will have 1/20 chance to be poison). The effects will be as much positive as they will be negative. So if 2 of them will harm you, 2 will also give you an edge. No one (not even the creator) will know the effect of the potion before hand. The person it is given to during the day can choose to take it or not.

Mr. Green - Pro-town
This coroner makes sure that when someone dies the rest of the mansion knows the allignment (not the role mind you) of the person who died. If Green dies there will be no more role reveil. The reveils will have half a one-cycle delay. So if someone dies at night he will be reveiled at the start of the next night. If someone dies during the day he will be reveiled at the start of next day.

Mrs. White - Pro-town
The keeper of keys can prowl around at night, choosing one door to lock. This will keep the person inside the room shut in (so a role block there), but it will also keep other people out (so a protection).

the Cook - Anti-town
The second novilty role. It basically haves the same effect as professor plum. The cook is in league with colonel mustard.

the Chief - Pro-town
Head of the pro-town masonic group. Will form this group with Wadsworth and someone they can try to reqruit at any time of the game. If the chief dies the masonic group will fall apart and cannot come together anymore at night.

Wadsworth - Pro-town
A mason. Wadsworth can try to reqruit someone. If wadsworth tries to reqruit a powerrole he will come up emtpy. The person who he tried to reqruit will know who he is though.

the Singing Telegram Girl - Pro-town
Can send one message at night during one night of the game. This message cannot tell that person about yourself. (no role reveil or anything) So... besically a ''screw with someone's head role''.

the Motorist - Anti-town
Yep, same as the telegram girl. Only this time anti-town.

the Cop - Pro-town
Allignment cop. Can try to investigate someone during each night. He will only know if that person is pro- or anti-town.

Alongside Colonel Mustard, the Cook and the Motorist are a few more anti-towners. The number will be based on the number of people that sign up. I'm thinking of a total of 3 to 1. (20 people sign up: 5 anti-town, 24 sign up: 6 anti-town, etc)
Everyone else will just be regular guests (pro-town).

Some other stuff:
Vote/unvote in seperate lines and in bold.
No posting/using information I PM to you. That goes for all PM's.
You can reveil/claim at any time you want.
The days will be 48 hours, nights 24.

This thread can be used to sign up, but also discuss the roles. I think it's pretty balanced, both sides have a novilty and a night message to cancel eachother out, there is a pretty big anti-town group to make up for the multitude of the roles (and counter a mass-claim) and the investigation role will only find pro- or anti-town instead of someone's role. I really like the professor and the cook, but maybe I should just keep them in for hilarity instead of giving them actual impact-heavy stuff. Keep an eye on balance.

Let me know what you think :smiley:

Oh ps. Clue is known to some as Cluedo.. heh.. maybe I shoudl've mentioned that earlier.

Re: OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

I'm in. I've got a question about the Professor and the Cook. Obviously, since the potion recipient has the option to drink or avoid the potion, they know they were given a potion. Do they know who gives them the potion?

I'm going to try it one more time. Hopefully i can keep up, especially at the beginning. Don't expect grand observations and stories from me though.

I'll sign up.

I don't really like the potion roles as they are since I would never accept a potion if it has a good chance to kill me.

Sign me up
Feedback to roles:
I probabily also wouldn't drink the potion as well. I think maybe once in the game if he could cram it down someones throat or slip it into there drink or the cooks food might make the role useful.

I can't see any real good use for the Singing Telegram Girl or the Motorist besides being a filler.

It would be nice as well if players can choose to lock their door once a game or sneak out to the kitchen for a snack (possiblility of seeing someone wandering about that night only). Then there's a chance that the keykeeper unlocks a door that was locked and then they get nk'ed. I find that chance amusing...

Key keeper: I'd like to that if locked in the room they can not night communicate as well because well... they are locked in there room.

Last edited:

Goltar:
The prof and the cook will send me a name each night. We'll start each day at the dinner table and there will be set up a goblet for one person and a plate for one person (could be the same person). The people who got offered the drink and bite will have to make their choice (hm.. let's say withing the first 24 hour period) to eat it.
So no, the prof and the cook will not know the effect they will bestow upon their target. The target will not know the effect either. The target will not know whom it came from. They can choose to either drink/eat it or not.
Jaago:
If 20 people sign up it'll like have a 1 in 20 chance to kill you. It will then also have a 1 in 20 chance to save you the upcomming night (just thinking something up right now).

The great thing about Sint hosting is that Sint won't be playing... Hmmm... That would be a nice change of pace... Less butting heads might make for a more enjoyable experience.

Sign me up
Feedback to roles:
I probabily also wouldn't drink the potion as well. I think maybe once in the game if he could cram it down someones throat or slip it into there drink or the cooks food might make the role useful.

I can't see any real good use for the Singing Telegram Girl or the Motorist besides being a filler.

It would be nice as well if players can choose to lock their door once a game or sneak out to the kitchen for a snack (possiblility of seeing someone wandering about that night only). Then there's a chance that the keykeeper unlocks a door that was locked and then they get nk'ed. I find that chance amusing...

Key keeper: I'd like to that if locked in the room they can not night communicate as well because well... they are locked in there room.
I said form the start that the prof/cook are novilty roles. I like them for the small effects. Forcing some potion down someone's throat isn't a small effect :rolleyes:
Yes, telegram/motorist filler.
Yeah I thought about the night time actions for townies. I was going for a game without them (have had a few now), but it is possible. I didn't want to have a lot of ''odds''. The main problem with interlocking events is that it won't work with an effect chain. The way I invented it the keykeaper will act first so someone who is locked in can't act (or ''get acted'' to..) and the night actions will flow. If people are wondering about before that it'll get.. odd. Possible though.
Also on that note: I will actually allow people who are in a team and who get locked in still communicate at night. Aparently everyone nowadays have a computer with e-mail...

*Signs up*

- Townie night actions have been pretty powerful so far, even heavily nerfed ones like Goltar's. I think removing them is a reasonable thing to do.

- Mr Green seems a bit swingy - with no reveal, everything becomes really hit-and-miss. I might change it to 1-2 cycle delayed reveal once he dies.

- Be careful with the potions.

No posting/using information I PM to you. That goes for all PM's.
You can reveil/claim at any time you want.
Those two rules are in direct opposition.
Unless the player is lying.

but I like all the odd roles I'm in :grin:

Those two rules are in direct opposition.
Unless the player is lying.
Your point? :grin:
Seriously, you know what I mean though.. you can claim anything you like (even the role I gave to you, so you're safe on that aman) just not go spilling anything beyond that...

what about if you've found out what side some one is on? or if they're a power role in the case of a failed recuitment? (I'm a literalist, rules are ment to be followed to the letter)

Here comes another Bomb-Doc-Cop claim from Aman :wink3:

"I'm Colonel Mus-Green-Plum-Cook-Messenger Girl"

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High