OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

Re: OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

Too bad I missed the silly part. I'm assuming that Liq, Zhao, Jason, omg and ahcw are voting in jest. If not, elaborate please.

@Lukin: I liked the idea at first. But it seems to me that it would be a trade-off. If he sends his potion to a suspect he mentioned during daytime, he'll probably be dead in a few days.

@goltar: Any particular reason to suspect w_m?

@Liq: I'm dissappointed :wink3:

This isn't a complete list of my thoughts. You'll get the rest some time after dinner.

I don't joke when it comes to mafia play, muzzz. :wink3:

(And the changing playstyle persona talk at the game start was just crap so I wouldn't get killed the first night. Shepherd 4 life!11)

Seriously though, I'd like to hear more about people's thoughts on w_m and goltar. Goltar basically advertised "if she isn't mafia, you can kill me." I don't think I've ever seen one of those that didn't end in a mafia death.

That's almost enough to sway me from Cygnus. Almost, but not quite.

I wasn't disappointed in your persona. Always side with the evil you know, and all that. But I was expecting to get into a lynching match with you today. I suppose I should've gotten here sooner, before goltar started acting serious. :rolleyes:

Personally, I was assuming that w_m's first comment was in jest as well. It could be some ploy to get goltar in the picture and have him dig his own grave (he's often a tad defensive), but that's a little too far fetched to take seriously for now.

I've read goltar's post a few times, and I fail to see why he's so certain about w_m. Even if I assume he's taking her suspicion seriously, I still don't see it calling for such vehemence.

Liq has a point. But to be honest, if things would come to it, I'm not sure yet who I'd rather lynch first.

Massive : What i meant was, asking someone else to take the potion is just as bad as asking them to mod kill themselves to prove their innocence.

Aman: Maybe an example would be better to illustrate what I poorly tried to word out. Thyiad is not going to drink/eat the potion/food. So it’s sitting there at the table so to speak waiting for the butler to come get it and take it away. I was suggesting that if someone else wanted to eat/drink it that wasn't targeted could do so for "insert motive here" (For my feeble thought process was an out for people wanting to go suicide). I was seeing it like an alternative. Any player could choose to consume the unconsumed by saying "Hey Thyiad if your not going to eat that would you pass it over here to me".

*This message has been reviewed to avoid Grammer police*

Vote Midnightvulture

As many has said day one is blind, so I vote for a non poster to keep contribution ratios high.

The way i seen it at first(This was before you responded saying that it didn't clear suspicion) was you saying if someone else were to drink that'd definitely make them a townie/pro town. In any case it's abit late now to be discussing rules and such.

Hopefully, this will get by the squid.

Day one as usual it seems, with a lot of blind accusations and theories being thrown about.

Some casual observations:

Liq and Thy both have a choice to dine today. My first thoughts on this: Perfect way to clear a mafia through the first couple of days. However, Liq is always picked on the first night/day, so we can't really judge anything by it. But why Thy? Seems like a waste of an ability as I am sure that 99.999999999% of the time, she would slip the drink/food to the dog under the table.

Liq and Zhao have appeared to joined forces rather quickly it seems. Just seems odd to me for Zhao to come out and basically say that either Cyg or Magic are mafia. Thats a 50/50 chance of hitting home (one or the other being scum). Nice way to play the stats game.

As far as goltar and w_m are concerned, it appears to me that each is trying to see who will bandwagon on a vote in order differentiate (sp?) between scum and town. Seems to me that they on the same side, whether that be scum, masons, or just plain townies.

My vote as of now:

Vote: Jason

Assisting a lynch on Liq this early does not help the town even if he is scum.

The part where you said midnightvulture is a non-poster.

Nazdakka
Slayer37
Maatiarna
Friedbananazzzz

These are the four persons who haven't posted yet. Midnightvulture made one post with exactly 1 line and a quote in it. Then again, it's a tad early to label people as non contributors or not.

@nole - Not sure your logic re zhao pans out. I never understood on why they figured either Cygnus or Magicboy was mafia. As far as I can figure, given the information we all have, with randomly picking a name we have a 1 in 4 chance to point at a mafia member.
(A little higher actually, seeing as how Jaago is already an NK victim)

Can you explain for the dimwitted please, Zhao?

@Nole still : Your water_moon/goltar remark seems to suggest they are in cahoots with each other... And that they know each other's role. So that basically has to make them both mafia. Which makes no sense given goltar's posts.
So what you seem to imply is that they have talked to each other outside of the game? I highly doubt they would break the rules like that.

Unvote Midnightvulture
Vote Maatiarna

Thanks for the catch Muzz, I screwed up my list and left on Midnightvulture & took off Nacruno by accident.

Merlin: 5 in total, Nacruno hasn't posted yet but your point is noted.

@ Merlin

Zhao is stating that Cyg or Magic is mafia. In reality, he could have said any two names, the chance he would be right is the same. This just struck me as an easy way to get an early pro-town vibe for him.

As far as goltar and w_m, w_m said that goltar was acting suspicious prior to him actually posting. So in my mind three options: 1) Both masons trying to see who would jump on a bandwagon (trying to out mafia) 2) Both mafia with one sacrificing the other or 3) Mindless, baseless chit-chat. For now, I am going with option 3.

@Nole still : Your water_moon/goltar remark seems to suggest they are in cahoots with each other... And that they know each other's role. So that basically has to make them both mafia. Which makes no sense given goltar's posts.

And that makes it an excellent defensive move. Its actually quite a good mafia tactic, to attack each other on day one. Lots of votes are getting tossed around so there's very little risk of actually causing a lynch but you still get the benefit of having attacked each other should one of you get caught. That they were both mafia was my first thought also. Still a stretch this early on but it seems to be the best thing to look into.

And that makes it an excellent defensive move. Its actually quite a good mafia tactic, to attack each other on day one. Lots of votes are getting tossed around so there's very little risk of actually causing a lynch but you still get the benefit of having attacked each other should one of you get caught. That they were both mafia was my first thought also. Still a stretch this early on but it seems to be the best thing to look into.

Actually, this is the part that bugs me. The claim is too strong. Staking your own lynch on it is too strong, especially since water_moon made all but two or three one line posts. It's not even noon on day 1!
Basically, water_moon makes a joke, and then goltar comes back with a 'i find this suspicious' rebuttal, followed up in an hour or so with a suspect list
Based on whoever pays attention to me is suspicious
This is quite odd and too strong by a long shot. I have no idea what to think about water_moon, but I think goltar is off. I want to hear more from him (preferably) or water_moon before I cast my vote though. As it stands, Goltar is going to get it.

@Nikon-you have no idea what you are doing. Please explain yourself and your vote.

For the rest of you...
Goltar's claim is interesting. Past play would indicate a number of things:

1. Both of them have been great at keeping their roles private.
2. If I'm not mistaken (and I might be here) both of them have at one point been mafia.
3. In other games, even with unknown roles, I have always had the impression that they sort of look out for each other. (round 3 I believe W_M was being attacked for not posting enough and Goltar defended her) This is not to suggest that they are intentionally doing it, but rather that they do it by instinct.

This is why this is so troubling. Neither of them has given any indication that they are mafia by what they have said on the boards as far as I can tell, but Goltar is staking his life on this claim. In the last round, Maatiarna outed Jason and I bought it because wives and husbands know each other. W_M's early suspicion of Goltar tells me that something is up in that household that most of us are not privvy to. Perhaps one of them made a mistake.

The likelihood that they are both mafia seems low because while it is a common ruse to get two mafiosos squabbling on day one, it is not so common (and downright dangerous) for mafiosos to risk lynching even if there are seven of them. Also, most of the attention has been shifted from anything else that might have been discussed in the game to them and will likely stay there since this seems like the most solid info we have now. Even the best and most vocal mafia players would want to avoid a situation like that I would think as those are tough waters to navigate.

On another note, I was thinking about my proposed plan, and while some of you have misunderstood it, it is worthless anyway. The professor telling us who to discuss or who he/she is suspicious of is no different than someone posting a list of suspicious people. It would only work if someone was afraid to come out really strong against certain people. In that case, that person would probably be suspected as mafia and lynched anyway. For now, I guess we can just let the shepherds be shepherds.

No, you have no idea what you're doing. I've already explained my vote in a previous post, but you chose to ignore that.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High